• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

roytheone

I can say that Xam has.... interesting gameplay habits.

Like role claiming ordinary villager randomly at early points. Or being generally joke-posty.

He's not the worst choice for a D1 lynch.

Ah yes, I remember when he entered the afterlife in volcano island, and literally the first thing he said was :

HEY GUYS, I'M A COP!!

That was fun.

Actually this is sort of stuff I wanted to talk about. But I feel that talking about this might lead to a premature bodyguard claim or a bodyguard (if one exists, and I think one might given that such a role fits the flavor) being found out based on their posts.

I don't think there's much to gain from talking about it. Ultimately it will be up to potential night actions to decide how to respond to it.

I swear if GAFia kills another child...

Anyways, I'm always for the D1 lynch. I don't think I've played with Xam before so I can't really comment on his past playstyle.

One interesting thing about this game to me, compared to my previous ones, is that any potential neutrals definitely need to die for town to win. I usually find myself defending them (to a certain extent, at least), but I guess that won't fly here.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

Barrylocke (1)
RobotNinjaHornets

Xamtheking (1)
squidyj
CrimsonFist

Hipster Cthulhu (1)
Kalor

Zubz (1)
CrimsonFist

squidyj

Actually this is sort of stuff I wanted to talk about. But I feel that talking about this might lead to a premature bodyguard claim or a bodyguard (if one exists, and I think one might given that such a role fits the flavor) being found out based on their posts.

I kind of want to nip this in the bud as I don't think that scum would target scrafty in the early game, certainly not n1, she's confirmed to have no powers and I think scum would probably prefer to try their luck in the unknowns, hoping to hit a PR.

roytheone

I swear if GAFia kills another child...

Anyways, I'm always for the D1 lynch. I don't think I've played with Xam before so I can't really comment on his past playstyle.

One interesting thing about this game to me, compared to my previous ones, is that any potential neutrals definitely need to die for town to win. I usually find myself defending them (to a certain extent, at least), but I guess that won't fly here.

They could also achieve their win condition and leave the game that way,assuming that they aren't a serial killer or something like that.

squidyj

They could also achieve their win condition and leave the game that way,assuming that they aren't a serial killer or something like that.

even serial killers have had limited kill win conditions in the past. I assume they would be removed upon completion.

Why Zubz? Weird.

Im all in favor of a Day 1 Lynch. It's ridiculous not to. I'm not going to blind vote now but I will have a vote by the end of the day.

roytheone

even serial killers have had limited kill win conditions in the past. I assume they would be removed upon completion.

This guy didn't:
tumblr_ng7r3010tI1s6ub5do3_400.gif

roytheone

I'll probably bandwagon my vote with whoever ScraftyDevil chooses since they're confirmed blue and it's day 1.

Hey, I'm no Dr. Henry Killinger, at least not in this game.

Wut? Instead of making your own decisions you are going to follow someone that doesn't have any more information than you do? That's dumb.

I'll probably bandwagon my vote with whoever ScraftyDevil chooses since they're confirmed blue and it's day 1.

Don't know how I feel about this. Voting for whoever Scrafty votes for would be a pretty easy way for a scum member to justify their vote. We know that Scrafty doesn't have an informational advantage, so while she is definitely town, she's still got a pretty big chance of picking a town member.

squidyj

Don't know how I feel about this. Voting for whoever Scrafty votes for would be a pretty easy way for a scum member to justify their vote. We know that Scrafty doesn't have an informational advantage, so while she is definitely town, she's still got a pretty big chance of picking a town member.

yeah, I mean I can see how it's a good way to make sure you're not being led by mafia yourself but if scrafty is being led by mafia then gg and as matt said it's pretty easy to hide as scum with a voting strategy like that.

Wut? Instead of making your own decisions you are going to follow someone that doesn't have any more information than you do? That's dumb.

Eh, like 95% of my mafia experience comes from playing Epic Mafia and if this was Epic Mafia, everyone else would self-vote and the one blue would hammer the kill. While I can't guarantee that Scrafty will pick a mafia member, I can be sure that they are not going to intentionally pick someone who's not mafia and that's good enough for me on day 1.

Of course if someone is acting suspicious as fuck, they'll probably get my vote. However, I don't think anyone is going to be that stupid on day 1, but if someone wants to prove me wrong, feel free.

Sorian

Banned
I'll be on mobile for a bit and then watching deadpool a bit later so play nice while I'm gone, little attorneys.

Eh, like 95% of my mafia experience comes from playing Epic Mafia and if this was Epic Mafia, everyone else would self-vote and the one blue would hammer the kill. While I can't guarantee that Scrafty will pick a mafia member, I can be sure that they are not going to intentionally pick someone who's not mafia and that's good enough for me on day 1.

Of course if someone is acting suspicious as fuck, they'll probably get my vote. However, I don't think anyone is going to be that stupid on day 1, but if someone wants to prove me wrong, feel free.

But you should know that you're not scum (unless you are), so why can't you trust your own judgement on who to vote for?

roytheone

Day 1 for me is a day you can look back to when you have more information later to look for weird behavior that could indicate people having more information than us. Just following the confirmed townie gives us fuck all to work with.

-shrug-

I agree on the Xam thing, but I'm not going to vote for him just yet.

You mean the thing about him being a good day 1 lynch candidate because of his anti town plays even when he is town? Even as one of the people who was voting on him, I don't agree with that.

But you should know that you're not scum (unless you are), so why can't you trust your own judgement on who to vote for?

Because the last time I made an accusation against someone on day 1, they got lynched and ended up being the town armorer. Town also ended up losing that game.

That's not to say we should stop talking, let Scrafty pick someone, and then lynch that person. We should still call out suspicious shit and make accusations, but ultimately I feel the best strategy is to let Scrafty be the one who chooses who gets lynched.

Day 1 for me is a day you can look back to when you have more information later to look for weird behavior that could indicate people having more information than us. Just following the confirmed townie gives us fuck all to work with.

The problem I have with Day 1 and 2 is that mafia can easily float on by just being inactive and just make up some excuse on Day 3, cause everyone is too scared to lynch an inactive in case they flip town power role. Day 3 + is where all the meat of this game is.

Ri'Orius

You went dead silent when someone confronted you for this post and asked you why you found it so weird/concerning.

Oh sorry; I didn't notice I was challenged on it and didn't have much to say, so I went to go play Civ. I just thought it seemed suspiciously collaborative, y'know? Presumably scum would want to start a bandwagon on someone innocent early, rather than run the risk of town getting lucky. /shrug

squidyj

Oh sorry; I didn't notice I was challenged on it and didn't have much to say, so I went to go play Civ. I just thought it seemed suspiciously collaborative, y'know? Presumably scum would want to start a bandwagon on someone innocent early, rather than run the risk of town getting lucky. /shrug

seems like a lazy observation just to have something to say. Scum opening with two early votes on xam seems pretty highly unlikely to anyone who stops to think about it.

roytheone

Because the last time I made an accusation against someone on day 1, they got lynched and ended up being the town armorer. Town also ended up losing that game.

And scrafty her reads where way better? No, she makes just as many mistakes as you. Just because you fucked up once, doesn't mean you have to ignore your own suspicions and follow someone else. That would make you kinda useless to town.

Also, I doubt scum will stay silent for two days and then suddenly get active, that is to obvious.

Ri'Orius

seems like a lazy observation just to have something to say. Scum opening with two early votes on xam seems pretty highly unlikely to anyone who stops to think about it.

Won't deny either of those facts. But it seemed mildly suspicious, so I asked to see if there were a better explanation. And I learned something from the response: apparently xam has a known tendency of erratic behavior. So I'd call my post a win, despite its laziness.

Won't deny either of those facts. But it seemed mildly suspicious, so I asked to see if there were a better explanation. And I learned something from the response: apparently xam has a known tendency of erratic behavior. So I'd call my post a win, despite its laziness.
That's my patent-pending Xamxiety at work

Top Bottom