• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

I don't know how much if this got through from my posts during the big debate between me and Ezekel (considering nobody read them lol) but I was sooo angry that day omg. Just the idea that people thought my role couldn't exist didn't make sense to me (although I suppose maybe it makes sense considering they hadn't seen my PM.)

And I see now in the spec thread that Roy didn't mention he was cured because he wasn't told? That... wasn't my theory.

If I go back and edit my vote on FEP, would that change the results of the game? Burb, would you consider including this as a mechanic in the Ambidex game?

Wait until you are scum, that stuff is 10x as stressful ;)

I've still never been scum. Honestly I was so excited when I opened my role PM here because I've been an ordinary like, 5 times now lol. My neutral stint in Cthulhu doesn't count cause I peaced out ASAP.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't know how much if this got through from my posts during the big debate between me and Ezekel (considering nobody read them lol) but I was sooo angry that day omg. Just the idea that people thought my role couldn't exist didn't make sense to me (although I suppose maybe it makes sense considering they hadn't seen my PM.)

And I see now in the spec thread that Roy didn't mention he was cured because he wasn't told? That... wasn't my theory.

If I go back and edit my vote on FEP, would that change the results of the game? Burb, would you consider including this as a mechanic in the Ambidex game?

I've still never been scum. Honestly I was so excited when I opened my role PM here because I've been an ordinary like, 5 times now lol. My neutral stint in Cthulhu doesn't count cause I peaced out ASAP.
Uh, you've been the EXTRAordinary Gerhardt Schlongenstein TWICE.

RedFalco

he was being snideyjokey about how you wanted to wait for scrafty to chime in AFTER SHE DIED

ignore him

he's really not that important in the community
Lmao! Yeah, day 6 and day 7 left me legit shook lol
Damnit Sorian! Maybe if you would've kept to your schedule we couldve won.

I call for moderator bias! Lol

Protest! Protest!

Sorian

Banned
Lmao! Yeah, day 6 and day 7 left me legit shook lol
Damnit Sorian! Maybe if you would've kept to your schedule we couldve won.

I call for moderator bias! Lol

Protest! Protest!

If anything, giving no night phase was a disadvantage to Xam lol I actually messaged him to make sure it was ok before we continued on.

RedFalco

Wait until you are scum, that stuff is 10x as stressful ;)
Damn lol no thanks
I tend to overthink things in life so GAFIA was terrible lol all day I'd be theorizing

Idk if I'd want to play another any time soon but I'd certainly love to learn to (co)/moderate one :)

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn lol no thanks
I tend to overthink things in life so GAFIA was terrible lol all day I'd be theorizing

Idk if I'd want to play another any time soon but I'd certainly love to learn to (co)/moderate one :)

Don't go down this road. Your life will be over. Take it from one who learned the hard way.

FEP, I'm sorry dude. Honestly, everything you thought I thought it too lol
I felt CB's story was off but I never said it, I even had a huge theory that I never posted. I think I still have it saved on Google Docs lol

You and I, we are alike. We would theorize because that's all we had. Which at the end just made me suspicious of you because I felt that you were really smart.

Although at the end I also became paranoid that maybe you had a power that would activate if we would have no lynched lol
Once i got in the dead thread i dropped from super salt to almost relieved since I was in the process of bonering things up as well when you guys lynched me. I had a lot of fun overall

I basically believed you! I would've wanted to lynch you second even if I wasn't trying to get Zeke out of the game as fast as possible.

cabot

Ugh, you're right, I've been so busy working on my sequel to Star Wars Mafia while playing in this game that my brain must be working funny.

image.php

roytheone

You know what's not stressful. Neutral licker.

OH NO WAIT, THAT IS TERRIBLY STRESSFUL BECAUSE EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE AN ARSONIST OF SOME SORT

Did people in NX actually thought that? I remember everyone (both town and scum) being pretty down with you.

Sorian

Banned
Did people in NX actually thought that? I remember everyone (both town and scum) being pretty down with you.

Launch and cabot I think were worried about it the day I claimed and whoever brought it up first caused Blarg to be on me for awhile. People weren't down with me until day 4ish lol

Sorian

Banned
So, even if PW wouldve lived, town wouldve had to be lucky and hope PW or TG was watching a target xam decided to kill?

Or stop and say "why the hell is this cop still alive?" :p

But yes, his biggest counter from town side was PW watching. Scum was meant to be the force hassling Xam and it just never happened.

In most cases his continued survival would be weird, he got a little lucky here (even the 100% confirmed town survived to end game)

Or stop and say "why the hell is this cop still alive?" :p

But yes, his biggest counter from town side was PW watching. Scum was meant to be the force hassling Xam and it just never happened.

Gave xam a pass after killing the town backup cop. Didn't think a non-town cop would have a town backup cop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also can keep ascetic role being mostly for neutrals or mafia in mind going forward. First game with it so didn't realize that was suppose to be a sort of hint for town.

I'm so disappointed in all of you.

:p

I think the only real issue I had with the balance of this game is Xam being given a fake claim that in tandem with Stanley's role was nigh-impenetrable. It made sense both flavour and gameplay-wise, to the point where the only reason anyone could have legitimate suspicion of Xam is because of the fact that he survived 6 nights without protection after claiming cop (seriously, why didn't anyone jump on that harder?). Other than that and the potential swingy-ness of the Matt Engarde role (he's either super good or kinda meh depending on how proactive de Killer is) I think it was a fine game overall, even if Sorian totally cribbed my theme :p

RedFalco

For everyone confused about two actions per night. Look at all of the scum in this very game. Anyone with a killing role could also perform their real night action as well. It should never have been a question on whether the neutral could kill and do something else. I set the expectation with the scum roles.
Well maybe if you would've given us our night I would've thought it through better. I considered it all but I couldn't commit lol cop role falling from neutral to town, but then lana/Ema thing made it so scary to consider.

I still call moderator bias lol

But yeah, I had tons of fun :)

Sorian

Banned
I'm so disappointed in all of you.

:p

I think the only real issue I had with the balance of this game is Xam being given a fake claim that in tandem with Stanley's role was nigh-impenetrable. It made sense both flavour and gameplay-wise, to the point where the only reason anyone could have legitimate suspicion of Xam is because of the fact that he survived 6 nights without protection after claiming cop (seriously, why didn't anyone jump on that harder?). Other than that and the potential swingy-ness of the Matt Engarde role (he's either super good or kinda meh depending on how proactive de Killer is) I think it was a fine game overall, even if Sorian totally cribbed my theme :p

Also, sorry for taking your theme :(

I had no clue that you were broaching the idea. I had a night of drunken inspiration which is where this whole game started being born from. Made up all the spreadsheets and half of the role PMs that night. But hey, everyone should play Bloordborne next season, it looks fantastic.

RedFalco

Nobody read those posts...lol
You guys were so annoying haha
And I told you guys, if we lose its cause you guys are drawing so much attention to yourselves that it just made it seem like a non town had to be there.

Netrual SK Cop by itself is fine.

But throwing in:
Ascetic
Bulletproof
Back-up Town Cop
Fake role that goes with flavor of back up cop (Assuming Sorian gave it to him or did he just luck up?)

Makes it a bit overboard. Think he wouldve been fine with just the bulletproof to combat scum.
===============================================

DId Sorian give him the claim? Think MA said neutrals getting fakeclaims as well isn't the norm.

Nobody read those posts...lol
You guys were so annoying haha
And I told you guys, if we lose its cause you guys are drawing so much attention to yourselves that it just made it seem like a non town had to be there.

I'm just gonna pretend that day neeeeeeeeeever happened.

Ourobolus

Banned

But throwing in:
Ascetic
Bulletproof
Back-up Town Cop
Fake role that goes with flavor of back up cop (Assuming Sorian gave it to him or did he just luck up?)

Makes it a bit overboard. Think he wouldve been fine with just the bulletproof to combat scum.

DId Sorian give him the claim? Think MA said neutrals getting fakeclaims as well isn't the norm.
Yeah, it was given to him.

Sorian

Banned

But throwing in:
Ascetic
Bulletproof
Back-up Town Cop

I did give him the claim. Neutrals getting fake claims is definitely a thing. I was given a fake claim in NX and I was benign neutral. At the very least, killing roles definitely require fake claims if they aren't town aligned. For my thought process. The real role and fake claim were just me flipping the two people from the same case Lana and Gant. I actually chose Ema later because Ema was able to grow as a character after the mystery was revealed and Gant was put away. I didn't actually consider the Lana/Ema fake claim interaction until shortly before the game started but I did decide to go ahead with it anyway. I will admit that may have hurt things.

Sorian

Banned
Now the internet knows my name, RIP me.

-------

I forgot, special thanks to Xam for writing part of the end game flavor.

RedFalco

I like to believe that it was me who brought in enough evidence for everyone to vote for QuantumDragoPot which in turn left Squidy as a salty mound of unfulfilled potential :p

Btw, I can't find the chats on OG lol

RedFalco

Now the internet knows my name, RIP me.

-------

I forgot, special thanks to Xam for writing part of the end game flavor.
For the longest time I didn't understand the joke Xam had made with Franklin the turtle and Cherry Garcia ice cream lol until I spent the longest of times looking at the voting and hovered over you on the spreadsheet lol

Sorian

Banned
I like to believe that it was me who brought in enough evidence for everyone to vote for QuantumDragoPot which in turn left Squidy as a salty mound of unfulfilled potential :p

Btw, I can't find the chats on OG lol

Hmm, all of these should show for you:

Spectator Thread

Unused Gossip Chat #1 :(

Unused Gossip Chat #2 :(

Scum Chat

The last three should definitely work. The first should if you have the right permissions and I believe you do.

(Make sure you are logged in)

Edit: That spectator thread link won't work for people who don't have permission so don't worry, no spoilers for other game players lol

Sorian

Banned
I had fun manually counting votes. Flush is amazing for making his tool, no doubt and obviously part of why I counted votes manually was Ezekel but it also made me stay engaged with my game. I had to always make sure I was at least glossing over every single post (I read everything in this game except those mega post wars, sorry guys lol) and I think it worked well for me. Would do in the future even with no voting mechanic roles.

roytheone

6 votes vs. 6 votes.....

This is truly how the gafia civil war begins.

3 guesses what I voted >:)

I voted no. The role in itself wasn't broken. The part I had problems with was the back-up cop existing. Even then it was a bit much, but I defiantly wouldn't go as far as call it broken.

I think everyone will forget about it cause nobody read it xD

VOTE: Franklin "Sorian" Garcia

To google I go!
Safesearch off of course >:)

Any role becomes broken when the counter to the role doesn't get to counter it

Not true, when designing a game, you should always keep in mind that a counter role could end up dying very soon, and that should never break the game (not that that happened here though).

I didn't really follow this game until the end, so on the surface the neutral was broken.

I don't envy end-game though. It's incredibly stressful and easy to mess up when you're not a PR.

SkyOdin

As a neutral spectator, this was one of those threads that was driving me crazy, since I figured out that Xam was Damon Gant a while ago. I think my logic was flawed, since I thought Xam was scum rather than a Serial Killer, and I ended up doubting myself when everyone else kept continuously trusting Xam. Still, it was driving me crazy when everyone decided to lynch the Deputy in some scheme to somehow prove Xam's claim.

Still, congrats on your victory Xam.

RedFalco

Hmm, all of these should show for you:

Spectator Thread

Unused Gossip Chat #1 :(

Unused Gossip Chat #2 :(

Scum Chat

The last three should definitely work. The first should if you have the right permissions and I believe you do.

(Make sure you are logged in)

Edit: That spectator thread link won't work for people who don't have permission so don't worry, no spoilers for other game players lol
Thanks! Got it to work.

Squidy's last post on Mafia chat, "just.... just be cool, for once in your lives be cool.
All I'll tell you is that right now the plan is redfalco, if the plan works out the plan is redfalco."

Lolol :p too bad, Squidy ;)

Sorian

Banned
Thanks! Got it to work.

Squidy's last post on Mafia chat, "just.... just be cool, for once in your lives be cool.
All I'll tell you is that right now the plan is redfalco, if the plan works out the plan is redfalco."

Lolol :p too bad, Squidy ;)

I think Squidy threw in the towel awhile ago. I'm glad he didn't publicl surrender though. That tends to screw up other factions/neutrals.

Top Bottom