• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Anyways, while I'm obviously disappointed with the result, I wanna give a huge thank you to all the players and especially Sorian. I've never had even close to this much fun playing Mafia before.

Also, Ezekel and FEP: I just wanna say that the wounds those walls of text left will never heal.

Swamped

Banned
This was a really fun game all around, essays and all (although I didn't read those...)

I was really rooting for Xam, given that nobody ever takes him seriously. Great job, the last couple of days were so intense!

Second Neutral only victory in Gafia!!!

Sorian

Banned
Also, everyone who did not already have it can now see the spectator threads on OG. The scum chat and unused (lol) gossip chats are now there as well.

Kawl_USC

Super entertaining end game guys! GG to all and WP to Xam, was worried you might fumble at the goal line but way to pull it off!

*Splinter

If I'm not mistaken, Xam is undefeated with wins as town, scum AND lone neutral. This win put him above Makai as our most successful player

Guys
The only speed I have is dumb
So I decided to tap into that with the messy claim on D2, which helped lay the groundwork for Town trusting me later.
Also, TG actually legit talked about a neutral cop a while back, and I made some comments about his smartness as a little inside joke

Ourobolus

Banned
Guys
The only speed I have is dumb
So I decided to tap into that with the messy claim on D2, which helped lay the groundwork for Town trusting me later.
Also, TG actually legit talked about a neutral cop a while back, and I made some comments about his smartness as a little inside joke

I don't know how you weren't lynched when you were getting antsy calling for Matt Attack at the end there.

Swamped

Banned
Scum were in an unfortunate position, especially with Salva having to replace a player that was under heavy suspicion already. Would have been cool to see how his role would have affected Squishy's.

roytheone

Lesson for everyone:

LISTEN TO GOAT MEMBERS. WE ARE GOAT MEMBERS FOR A REASON. YOU DON'T LISTEN TO GOAT MEMBERS, YOU LOSE.

MsJJsDL.gif

Alright, so my thoughts of the game: first of all, it was a very fun game! And it sure as hell was the best balanced game I played in since season 4 (don't look up which games i played in season 5, just take the compliment ;)!

The only thing I had a real problem with was the fact that there was a role that basically confirmed Xam was a real cop. I think it would have been better to leave that out and not have a back up cop.

The squidyj role was very powerful, but with basically having to keep 2 scum alive to have it active+ their being a direct town counter (I maybe would have made MA one shot bulletproof to at least prevent him from dying soon and screwing that balance up) it was decently balanced. Plus, everyone with a blackmail would be confirmed town (unless they wanted to permanently block one of their own, would that have worked Sorian, could they blackmail themselves?) and not killable unless they wanted to lose their powers, which balances it too, so I am OK with this role.

Finally, and this is more a preference thing, not balance, I think 2.5 kills per night for a 21 player game is too much. It makes the game go very fast and town has very few mys lynches if all the night kills hit town. Lynching and discussion during the day becomes less important compared to the kill decisions of a few individuals. Again, it was not imbalanced and more a preference thing.

All in all, it was definitely a fun game, plus we were (probably) the first town to kill all scum! Best town high five!

giphy.gif

It is because I was appearing to give Matt Attack a choice in the matter, making him feel like he was important.

I totally trusted you and by that point there was no way I though RedFalco could be anything but town. You seemed to be in a rush and if I wasn't going to change my mind anyway, I decided to go for it.

Sorry FEP. :(

Think me and you are the only ones that read them lol.

Probably for the best. You could pretty much read one from each of us and have a general idea of what went down in every other post lol.

The only thing I had a real problem with was the fact that there was a role that basically confirmed Xam was a real cop. I think it would have been better to leave that out and not have a back up cop.

Yea, having a town backup cop to give more credit to Xam was my only problem with the game. Other than that, it was a fun ride.

I think that this in combination with the fact that Xam could both kill and investigate in one night make it really difficult to try to view him as a neutral- like both of those in combination make it seem as if it would be really challenging to guess, as evidenced by the fact that I totally bought into it. Buuuut, his win condition was super hard to win with, so maybe it was necessary to give him a fighting chance.

FEP fighting the good fight towards the end was AMAZING

Zeke's colour-coded vote analysis was addictive :> And i love how he fought for his survival in D2. that was super o7

Cornbro was great, so was GEE when he wasn't sick and royroy is too adorbs as usual

starsketch! really enjoyed your play here :D i think you grew from strength to strength <3

squiders, i miss my sharp and intense squiders from archer days .... ;___;

as i said to sora when the roster came out, PW had loads of people that i really, really like :> hope you all had fun and i think memories were definitely made with those massive walls of texts (lol)

I think that this in combination with the fact that Xam could both kill and investigate in one night make it really difficult to try to view him as a neutral-
Actually, having him choose may have been better. He wouldve had to lie about alignments on night he killed, risking getting caught in the lie when flips came. He couldve said soemthing about being roleblocked, but wouldve had to answer about not being able to be vote stolen or recieve a gift.

Bowlie

Banned
Scum chat will be fun to read.
But yeah, I at least expected my BP to pop

in Day 1, I asked everyone what was up with you (because you sure as hell sounded weird to a newcomer!), but squid and roy said "yeah, he's like that". I was planning on killing you that day :~

Kawl_USC

So moral of the story: Neutral Ascetic One-Shoot Bulletproof Serial Killer and Alignment Cop = broken.

Neutral Ascetic Serial Killer and Alignment Cop = totally fine.

roytheone

So moral of the story: Neutral Ascetic One-Shoot Bulletproof Serial Killer and Alignment Cop = broken.

Eh, I actually agree with the bulletproof part. It sucks if you as a one man team could die because of a lucky shot of scum and/or the town vig. Making it so that the killers really need to be convinced you are not who you say you are is fine imo.

Also
"Guys you shouldn't blindly follow someone"
"I'm just saying we shouldn't immediately believe Roy, look at Crab in HP"
Except this time Crab filled me with determination from beyond the GAF

RedFalco

Again, can anyone point to me where I could see what each level of Crab scale would be?

I went in hard because I felt that I had enough proof.

Yeah, Xam checked Squidy on night 1 and claimed it on Day 2.

Has there ever been a case where a person can do 2 actions per night?
I knew it! But I just couldn't commit to the theory lol
Honestly I just wanted it to be over, the stress and anxiety was driving me nuts lol

I don't know about any of you guys but every night after spending hours pouring over the posts my IRL life would feel warped where every action of mine was very cautious, and in the back of my head I'd go, I hope others around me don't think I'm doing this on purpose lol

Like in Rocket League, I'd hit it slightly wrong or miss the ball and I'd feel like my partner is gonna be doubting that I'm actually trying to play to win.

GG Xam :) You deserve to win! :D

And screw you, EzekelRAGE, it's not good to be Gung ho! XD

So glad this is over lol

This is why I backed up. I was typing up all his powers if he was the serial killer and was like this is getting a bit crazy, why did he stick his head out so early? Never even occurred to me to throw bulletproof on top of it. In hindsight it is fair though. It makes sense what a lone team with no exit condition needs to be powerful enough to compete solo.

Sorian

Banned
For everyone confused about two actions per night. Look at all of the scum in this very game. Anyone with a killing role could also perform their real night action as well. It should never have been a question on whether the neutral could kill and do something else. I set the expectation with the scum roles.

lol
SquidyJ said:
that's the game.
I spent all day chasing other targets instead of bussing down salva like I should have when I knew at the start of the day exactly how much he was the lynch target. I didn't even get to put a vote in or say anything because he got fucking hammered while I was away
lol

OH

btw, shout outs to our newbies in PW

bowlie, ri'orius and red falco, you all played well :D hope to see more of you in gafia !!!!!!

too bad we lost a hipster cthulhu along the way ^^;;;

Sorian

Banned
Honestly I just wanted it to be over, the stress and anxiety was driving me nuts lol

I don't know about any of you guys but every night after spending hours pouring over the posts my IRL life would feel warped where every action of mine was very cautious, and in the back of my head I'd go, I hope others around me don't think I'm doing this on purpose lol

Like in Rocket League, I'd hit it slightly wrong or miss the ball and I'd feel like my partner is gonna be doubting that I'm actually trying to play to win.

So glad this is over lol

Also, the mafia paranoia! :D I hope you join us again but most of all I hope there was fun to be had. Playing as an ordinary is always the hardest because you really are just 100% judged on your actions. There is nothing you can do short of just throwing caution to the wind and making something up that will get people off of you once it starts going downhill.

Ourobolus

Banned

So glad this is over lol

Shhh...let's wait for Scrafty to give her thoughts.

RedFalco

FEP, I'm sorry dude. Honestly, everything you thought I thought it too lol
I felt CB's story was off but I never said it, I even had a huge theory that I never posted. I think I still have it saved on Google Docs lol

You and I, we are alike. We would theorize because that's all we had. Which at the end just made me suspicious of you because I felt that you were really smart.

Although at the end I also became paranoid that maybe you had a power that would activate if we would have no lynched lol

I wish I would've replayed Ace Attorney while playing this, the Damon case may have swayed me on the theory of Xam but I just didn't remember about him.
I considered him neutral cause in general cops had to be impartial, neutral but then I remembered the judge had been Town so I stopped that theory, damn it haha

Ohh whoops, I just want to get it all out lol sorry
And I'm posting mobile. Something I never did while playing the game.

he was being snideyjokey about how you wanted to wait for scrafty to chime in AFTER SHE DIED

ignore him

he's really not that important in the community

Top Bottom