• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Aerocrane

I'll see where my ranking stands on the 1st or 2nd. On the bright side for this event, there'll be a whole lot less Berkuts; on the downside, there'll be a million MTD's everywhere. Might have to host 4 player Aerospace Center Defense since I don't fly LAGM wagons.

I completely forgot that the F-15S/MTD was a variant of the F-15 since everyone refers to it just as the MTD. Good thing that my MR is so low that I don't really see high tier planes.

I got my copy of Ace Combat Infinity & Series Music Best in the mail today. As expected, the bonus code included doesn't work outside of Japan. I guess I should make a Japanese PSN account.
Gc9g2OK.jpg

Espada

Now that Garuda is present on the Aircraft Tree, they've exhausted all the aircraft added back in August. That update is likely going to add all the Future Prospect planes.

I can't wait for the CFA-44, hopefully it's anything other than drab grey. The Future Prospect video makes it seem like our default color is black. I don't know if it'll be better than my Rafale M -VA-. This thing is really good, especially for a random drop.

Come on, PA. Don't make the CFA-44 an attacker or fighter or give it junk like SFFS or HCAA.

Aerocrane

I haven't been able to do my daily sorties with supplied fuel for a couple days now thanks to my internet connection acting up.

I finished Ace Combat 5 for the first time a couple weekends ago, I will write up some thoughts on the game this weekend and post here. I should go back and unlock everything in Ace Combat 4 and make a post about my experience with that too.

I also finished Ace Combat Zero last weekend and underwhelming sums it up pretty well.

cj_iwakura

I haven't been able to do my daily sorties with supplied fuel for a couple days now thanks to my internet connection acting up.

I finished Ace Combat 5 for the first time a couple weekends ago, I will write up some thoughts on the game this weekend and post here. I should go back and unlock everything in Ace Combat 4 and make a post about my experience with that too.

I also finished Ace Combat Zero last weekend and underwhelming sums it up pretty well.

Really? I think it's great, though I'm a sucker for live action FMV.

I completely forgot that the F-15S/MTD was a variant of the F-15 since everyone refers to it just as the MTD. Good thing that my MR is so low that I don't really see high tier planes.

I got my copy of Ace Combat Infinity & Series Music Best in the mail today. As expected, the bonus code included doesn't work outside of Japan. I guess I should make a Japanese PSN account.

Did you use a proxy to order this or off of eBay or something?

Aquila

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about 4 and 5. Those games are old but I still love to talk about them.

Zero is my second favorite but its mission variety is disappointing. Is that what got you?

Aerocrane

Really? I think it's great, though I'm a sucker for live action FMV.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about 4 and 5. Those games are old but I still love to talk about them.

Zero is my second favorite but its mission variety is disappointing. Is that what got you?

Well the live action FMV was nice and the Ace Style gauge was an interesting mechanic, but I felt that some missions weren't contextualized enough. It just felt that you and your side dominated as the war progressed. Every one of the three PS2 games has a anti-war moment somewhere, and here the bombing of civilian targets certainly gives Pixy a reasoning to defect. It was handled badly in AC5 where I felt that in almost every mission either a squadmate or an enemy dropped a line about how terrible the war was. The Stage of Apocalypse was a very well done mission, but I kind of wish that after the detonation you would've just tried to escape the zone instead of having to fight the reinforcements. I felt that the story actually improved from there onwards. The couple special missions where you destroy the Excalibur and the XB-0 Hresvelgr were a nice change of pace, but would've liked a mission or two without combat with some other objective. More than anything it's shorter than 5, but that's probably just budget constraints and what they created was very well done.

Did you use a proxy to order this or off of eBay or something?

CDJapan's special request service. It cost a bit less than using Tenso actually. Unfortunately you have to use EMS shipping with special request orders.
Since I used special request the CD is now listed on their website here.

mcz117chief

Dude, rad, thanks.

I'll definitely snag a copy myself now.

35€ for a single CD is a crazy ripoff.

Anyway, how do you guys like the Moscow mission ? I think it is the best map so far especially with the abundance of air targets making it viable to fly fighters there.

Also, a shame you didn't enjoy Zero, Aerocrane. It is my favourite Ace Combat because of it's short length so you don't play any unnecessary filler missions. The music is also God tier.

35€ for a single CD is a crazy ripoff.

Anyway, how do you guys like the Moscow mission ? I think it is the best map so far especially with the abundance of air targets making it viable to fly fighters there.

Also, a shame you didn't enjoy Zero, Aerocrane. It is my favourite Ace Combat because of it's short length so you don't play any unnecessary filler missions. The music is also God tier.

'Eh, import VGM CDs are damn near always expensive. Especially if they're special order from specific retailers, or heaven forbid, something ridiculous like Sega Direct.

I have a decent sized collection of albums and that price is not out of the ordinary for that sort of thing.

More on topic, Zero is awesome. Listen to this man, it's my favorite too.

Aerocrane

Having the reporter as the narrator of the cutscenes does the story a disservice at the beginning with part of it retelling the war and the rest is the narrator talking about Demon Lord with both parts having quite badly written dialogue. I feel that as the story of the Demon Lord was explored with more emphasis on these interviews with the aces he shot down rather than having the reporter going on about the war and how obsessed he was with the Demon Lord the story got better. As for the soundtrack, it was fine, the flamenco guitar fit the air combat quite well actually. I think Ace Combat 4 has the best soundtrack of the PS2 games. Maybe my opinion would've been different if I hadn't played all three games back to back.

The game has been updated.
- Sortie fuel can be re-selected.
- Order of aircraft sets can be changed.
- A kick icon will be displayed next to players who use kick function repeatedly.
- Added a feature whereby a warning message will be displayed to warn players who repeatedly enter and leave rooms without going on sorties. (A penalty will be given to players who continue to enter and leave rooms)
- Adjusted the parameters for some weapons including the UGB and LAGM. (it seems the reload times have been increased and blast radiuses have been reduced)
- Changed the way ranking points and obtained experience are calculated in Team Deathmatch.
- Special weapon details can now be viewed in the Special Weapons research tree.
- The game will now remember the type of sortie fuel and the number of units used.
- The game will now remember the conditions used in room searches
- Increased the level cap from Lv.10 to Lv.15 for the following aircraft.

F-14D Super Tomcat
F/A-18F Super Hornet
A-10A Thunderbolt
F-117A Nighthawk
F-15J
Su-33 Flanker-D
EA-18G Growler
F-15E Strike Eagle
Typhoon
Rafale M
Su-34 Fullback

- Added YF-23 Black Widow II

It seems that the stats of planes can increase even further than before, beyond S-rank.

igcp_120_m.png

8492 co-op ranking event is starting soon. Rewards include the Mirage 2000-5 -Magician- special aircraft, "Grabacr" and Gründer emblems

igcp_130_s.png

Moscow is this month's strategic command, so expect to see even more lobbies running Moscow only. Nicknames granted from completing the challenges are "Aftermath" and "Guardian of the Kremlin"

igcp_126_s.png

The F-15J -Tiger- special aircraft and the Su-25TM Event Skin #01 are available as drops this month.

Aerocrane

I'm glad you did an update aero. I thought about doing it myself for a bit. Lol

Well the update went live at 4am and I had other things to like sleeping.

Reading /aceg/ it seems that the FAEB has received a slight buff. Someone posted an image showing that upgrading a Typhoon to Lv.11 would cost almost two million credits. With mid-tier aircraft receiving the ability to upgrade to Lv.15 I guess the power creep is going to continue and low-tier aircraft are eventually going to receive the ability to be upgraded to Lv.20.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/225/G022517/20141106037/
Limited time challenges coming next week with special skins for F/A-18F Super Hornet, EA-18G Growler, F-35B Lightning II and some variant of the Flanker. I'm not good at recognizing the modern Russian aircraft.

Also returning with these limited challenges are Albireo, Cocoon, Beast and Lancer squadron emblems. According to 4gamer.net the challenges will be available from the 7th of November until the 17th.

Hopefully Google Translate got all that right.

EDIT: Here's the image showing how expensive a Lv.11 upgrade for the Typhoon is.

EDIT 2: How is it possible for a player to be only MR 1512 with a F-15M/STD and Captain rank? I beat him with clearly with my Lv.2 Greg Gates A-10. Guy wasn't even going for air targets at Aerospace Center Defense.

EDIT 3: Image for the Special Challenges
igcp_131_m.png

Aquila

Rot skin for the Typhoon is back too. Way too expensive to reach level 7 in 10 days though. Hopefully it'll be back for a third round.

Flanker skin is for the Su-35.

Aerocrane

The F/A-18F special challenge requires you to destroy 30 targets with the machine gun in a single sortie and it gives you a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form (Aircraft Lv.5 > Lv.6)

Aerocrane

Cool skins, have not found the motivation to play this lately sadly. Missed the Tekken planes too :/

I missed out on the Tekken planes too. The Fullback -AX- seems to be really good. Now that the standard Fullback can reach Lv.15 it might actually be better though. The Su-35 -Jin- and Su-35 -Kazuya- are both better than the standard Flanker-E.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon is on sale on European PSN for 4,95€ There are four different versions of the game listed on PSN, two versions of the base game, one which comes with 5 units of stocked fuel, 1 Additional Plant Investment Contract and 1 Elite Mercenary Contract for Infinity and one without. There's also two versions of the Ace Combat Assault Horizon Advanced Edition which includes Online Map Pack, ASF-X Shinden II, F-15S/MTD, Su-37 Terminator and Ka-50 Hokum for Assault Horizon, one with the same set of Infinity content and one without. The cost of the versions without Infinity content and with Infinity content are the same.

Buy Assault Horizon for the multiplayer, it's pretty fun.

EDIT: FINALLY! After a nice triple fuel WBA S-rank I had enough credits to unlock the ASF-X Shinden II

dubc35

Your chance to build Moby Dick, or share your ideas on how you would build one.

DARPA seeks ideas for flying aircraft carriers

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, not quite. It's a drone launching from an in-flight Lockheed Martin C-130 transport aircraft.

That's the concept anyway. About a week after the military audience cheered the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter's successful landing on an aircraft carrier, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency provided a hint at what we might see in the future: Small, unmanned air systems launched from and recovered to large military planes that become, in DARPA's words, aircraft carriers in the sky.

According to the request for information, small military drones have big potential for enabling distributed warfare, with multiple systems collaborating on operations in the sky while pilots remain out of harm's way. But they also have limited range and responsiveness, DARPA noted, compared to larger airborne platforms. But launching and recovering small military drones from those larger platforms — like a C-130 transport aircraft, for example — could prove the perfect combination of capabilities.

In eight pages or less, DARPA wants companies to share ideas on system-level technologies and concepts that would enable low-cost reusable unmanned platforms to function with airborne launch and recovery systems, with minimal modification of the large transport aircraft. It wants to see operational concepts and mission applications, as well as relative capability and affordability compared to conventional approaches, those being aircraft alone or missile-based tactics. DARPA wants big investment in "precision relative navigation," which seeks to enable "extremely coordinated flight activities among aircraft," according to an agency announcement.

Finally, submissions should include proposed plans for achieving full-system flight demonstrations within four years, to assist in planning for a potential future DARPA program.

Aerocrane

2nd Mercenary King Tournament coming soon with TDM Naval Fleet Assault. Rewards include Golden Rafale M, YF-23 Event Skin #01 and the Phoenix emblem.
10404132_860464830650638_7972522983179218839_n.png

Aquila

11/19 - 11/25

Top 200
-Rafale M -Golden Gale- (pictured above)
-YF-23 event skin 1 (digital camo)
-Golden Gale emblem, Phoenix emblem (red or purple missile smoke?)
-Naval Fleet Destroyer nickname

201-1000
-YF-23 skin
-Golden Gale emblem
-Naval Fleet Destroyer and Master of the Seas names
-55k credits

1001-3000
-YF-23 skin
-Master of the Seas name
-25k credits

I'm actually rather fond of that shade of gold on the Rafale. It's obnoxious yet classy. Digital camo on the Black Widow looks good in the small picture I saw. Golden Gale emblem is unique. There needs to be more cartoon emblems like it but this one doesn't particularly grab me. Phoenix emblem is amazing as always. There's conflicting info on whether it gives red or purple smoke trails but I'm pretty sure its purple.

TDM Naval Assault is actually enjoyable and should be a lot better with the recent lagm/ugb nerfs. No way whatsoever am I going to claw against whales for that top 200 though. Since there's still no Delphinus, I guess I'll complete my hanger with the old event planes I've yet to buy and prepare a Typhoon for when the Rot skin comes around again.

Espada

Man, worse stats than the Vent d'Ange and 4AGM instead of 6AAM? Ehh, and that gold color ruins the cool patter and nose it's got going on.

I don't know if I''m going to bother with this one. I've never been a fan of TDM, and it'll be better to focus on restoring my money and credits. Those recent challenges were great. An extra non-standard upgrade form in addition to the one I have means I'm ready for those Future Prospect birds.

Edit: Oh, and the ROT paintjob is amazing. Especially with the Grunder Industries emblem.

I'm digging the new TDM mission, its a co-op hybrid of destroying enemy ships, protecting your own, and fighting other pilots the way it should have been imo. Don't know if I will put a ton of time into it but its not bad.

Espada

I just don't know if it's worth spending precious supplied fuel on it over guaranteed money makers like Moscow.

BTW, have you guys heard? F-22 has an event skin dropping from today until the end of the month. I bet it's probably the green and brown camo color the enemy F-22s have. Either way, I finally have the chance to get a skin for it.

Aquila

I just don't know if it's worth spending precious supplied fuel on it over guaranteed money makers like Moscow.
This TDM is more a nice change of pace than anything. It has good, different music to listen too and the matches don't sometimes drag on for the full time limit like in coop. It'd be great if special raids could pop from them but then that'd probably be a matter of how much the losing team is slaughtered.
BTW, have you guys heard? F-22 has an event skin dropping from today until the end of the month. I bet it's probably the green and brown camo color the enemy F-22s have. Either way, I finally have the chance to get a skin for it.
Incoming dozen gold boxes with Su-25 event skin.

Two questions if anybody has the answers. Do special weapon speed + parts have the same diminishing returns as regular missile speed parts relative to aircraft level? How is the new homing missile L part? I'll probably answer these later on tonight in test flight anyway but I hate to waste credits just testing.

Aerocrane

I haven't played ACI for the past couple weeks, here's an update on the current ranking event.

The "Defeat the Butterfly Master" - Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Event is now on!
This is your chance to get the emblem of that memorable adversary who is always humming music from "Mappy". Don't miss Viper and Omega, too!
After the Scorpio based event in October, this month we have an aircraft with a theme of the constellation of Sagittarius. This centaur shines across the heavens with his bow permanently drawn, said to be ready to defend whenever necessary against the violent outrage of Scorpio.
This is your only chance to get your hands on an aircraft decorated with this most powerful of marksmen!
One of the rewards is the "MiG-21bis -Sagittarius-" special aircraft.
[Ranking Rewards]
The"MiG-21bis -Sagittarius-" special aircraft, "Butterfly Master" emblem, "Viper" emblem, "Omega" emblem and other items will be given as rewards to players who achieve the required ranks.
10405621_864677610229360_148207127955185095_n.png

Also, upcoming maintenance.
10151798_865917370105384_1756312359088921976_n.png

What could the update contain? Campaign mission 9? CFA-44 Nosferatu?
probably more zodiac skins as special planes

Also, a new trailer featuring old content was uploaded yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ4_sB137I
It's basically a recap of the campaign.

New Trailer this time about Update 6.

If you thought the last update was a bit light on content, this one fixes that!

Trailer here.

New Aircraft:
- FB-22 [Attacker]
- X-29A [FIghter]
- F-16XL [Attacker]
- B-1B [Bomber]
- B-2A [Bomber]

New Co-op Mission:
- Area B7R Dogfight Battle

It also seemed like a skin of Rena Hirose's Su-37R was shown as well.

Aquila

The new special supply ticket store is a bit of a joke. 200 tickets for an old monthly plane drop or its new event skin. That's reasonable to me depending upon the drop rate of those tickets, though I'd still rather have stocked fuel 3x drops. But then its 100 tickets each for pixel art emblems and radio dialogue?! Spamming "It's time to dance with the angels!" might be worth the asking price hahaha.

The FB-22 is positioned in a weird spot in the aircraft tree but I guess it was the only spot it could really go without pushing past the cst 750 tier. Gun Power L will be a ridiculous gimmick but the (without buying it) Su-34 path looks more cost effective.

Bombers could be fun with good sportsmanship back in Assault Horizon so hopefully they'll be worthwhile in Infinity. Can't trust their stats yet but that speed makes them look dead in the water for coop. Naval TDM ought to be interesting with them.

GOAT Jolly Rogers F-14D is coming soon too.

Aerocrane

The new special supply ticket store is a bit of a joke. 200 tickets for an old monthly plane drop or its new event skin. That's reasonable to me depending upon the drop rate of those tickets, though I'd still rather have stocked fuel 3x drops. But then its 100 tickets each for pixel art emblems and radio dialogue?! Spamming "It's time to dance with the angels!" might be worth the asking price hahaha.

The tickets seem to be distributed as login bonuses too.

I just played Tokyo Martial Law (Hard) and we managed to get only a B rank. Also played Moby Dick Pursuit I, didn't know that it is still appearing alongside Stonehenge.
Area B7R Dogfight Battle can cause pretty terrible framedrops.

Aquila

The tickets seem to be distributed as login bonuses too.

I just played Tokyo Martial Law (Hard) and we managed to get only a B rank. Also played Moby Dick Pursuit I, didn't know that it is still appearing alongside Stonehenge.

I got a single ticket from a red box. I laughed.

I haven't tried hard mode Tokyo yet but from other comments it sounds pretty demanding even with 8 people. Can't wait to try it with a proper lobby. B7R is quick, mindless fun since it's all air to air and the Stonehenge attack during the emergency mission gives some nice ambiance (it is pretty much no threat, nothing like back in AC4's Tango Line).

I got MD1 as well but it's been so long that I forgot that rockets break the score like ugbs. I think it was /aceg and acs where some people got the new SR4 Black Ring and Moby Dick 4. I've still yet to see MD3 or SR3 so hopefully there'll be a youtube video for the new ones soon.

Black Ring spoilers
Courtesy of Kayzerdiaz on gfaqs:
First phase is the same as always.
Second phase: after taking out the jammers the ground targets near SR show up, the planes that spawn after destroying the jammers too and 3 kottos spawn around the same positions as SR3, all of this at the same time.
Third phase: after destroying all of that, Butterfly Master shows up with a bunch of UAVs just as in moscow. I don't know if it was lag, but after destroying her QFA-44 the UAVs were still attacking us.
Fourth phase: SR's jammers are now vulnerable, after destroying them, the railguns are targetable just as always and a LOT more planes spawn while some SAMs where replaced with XSAMs IIRC.
Last phase: after destroying EVERYTHING, even the railguns, Butterfly Master shows up again for a rematch! Just finish her off and mission complete!

S rank SR4, 102k with 1 fuel, no contracts or reimbursed credits and one of the lowest scores. I didn't die.

Doing some basic math, here are some approximations:
S rank
Forced sortie X3 fuel: 357k credits.
Contract: 204k credits.
Forced sortie + contract: 714k credits.

This might be completely wrong and the reward could range from 700k to 820k with a better score and reimbursed credits (while this bonus is not affected by contracts, it is affected by forced sorties).

There's a new emblem and 'Catastrophe' title.

Moby Dick 4 title is
Predator of Hectonkhyres

Current tourney also has a top 20 reward title of 'Unstoppable'....

Aerocrane

I got a single ticket from a red box. I laughed.

I haven't tried hard mode Tokyo yet but from other comments it sounds pretty demanding even with 8 people. Can't wait to try it with a proper lobby. B7R is quick, mindless fun since it's all air to air and the Stonehenge attack during the emergency mission gives some nice ambiance (it is pretty much no threat, nothing like back in AC4's Tango Line).

I got MD1 as well but it's been so long that I forgot that rockets break the score like ugbs. I think it was /aceg and acs where some people got the new SR4 Black Ring and Moby Dick 4. I've still yet to see MD3 or SR3 so hopefully there'll be a youtube video for the new ones soon.

Well, I guess the grind for tickets to use in the store is going to suck then. I really like B7R in multiplayer. The singleplayer mission kinda sucked with how all of the enemies were targeting only the player. The co-op version is fun and also a easy S-rank. I've seen only two different emergency missions on it. It's mostly been the stealth fighter squadrons which is the standard emergency mission for the map. I've seen Kottos and Gyges emergency mission once so far,

I've only ever seen Moby Dick Pursuit 1, but I've played all three versions of Stonehenge Returns.

EDIT: Gold boxes can give 10 tickets...

Espada

Wow, in my first sortie I got the Jolly Rogers F-14. After that I wound up getting a gold box with 10 gold tickets.

This update is pretty good, though I don't know how bombers will fit into co-op with that speed. That description of SR Black Ring sounds absolutely insane.

Aquila

So I finally got SR3 Gold Ring for the first time... as I was hosting a 4 player, no restriction, grind lobby for the current B7R monthly challenge. Two 1400's, a fellow 1900, and I managed to just get to attacking Stonehenge's guns as time went out. I think we were all just glad to experience it and get the emblem and nickname; so all things considered, that was pretty awesome.

Aerocrane

1504577_868357096528078_2458019521156066922_n.png

Star Blazers 2199 (Space Battleship Yamato 2199) collaboration emblems are now available available as drops until the 15th of December. This event is in promotion of a new movie that is to be released on December 6th in Japan.

10731210_868356036528184_6862426983912871440_n.png

The "US Aircraft Event" - Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Event is now on!
Rewards are:
Planes:
F/A-18F -Red Devils- (rank 200 or better)
F-16C -Patriot- (rank 1000 or better)
Skins:
A-10A Event Skin #02 (rank 3000 or better)
Nicknames:
Red Devil (rank 200 or better)
Patriot (rank 5000 or better)
Unstoppable (rank 1-20 only)
Beyond the Blue Horizon (rank 10000 or better)

I might have to try for the A-10A skin.
EDIT: got the F-14D -Jolly Rogers- after 15 sorties.

EDIT 2: EDIT HARDER
According to Seesaawiki the B-2A costs 3011580 credits to unlock and 14152320 credits to upgrade from lv9. to lv.10. These numbers may be wrong or made up, as Seesaawiki's information has been wrong before.

The order of the login bonuses has changed. The 30 supply tickets are now awarded after six logins instead of 12.

Espada

I have all but 3 of the Star Blazers emblems, and the one I want most (that golden anchor) isn't dropping! Don't really care about this tourney, though I'm in the 3000s right now.

Aerocrane

After 27 sorties on Area B7R Dogfight Battle I finally saw the Butterfly Master emergency mission. Unfortunately the four player lobby I was in had no chance of beating it.

Aerocrane

I don't suppose this has the gorgeous Idolm@ster skins from AC6?

No Idolm@ster skins, only a bunch of pixel-style emblems from an event back in August. If they release old Idolm@ster skins I hope they will use the 2nd Vision design ones from Assault Horizon.

New co-op ranking tournament starting soon.
934876_877211458975975_1070281368538591033_n.png

Confirmed rewards: The Su-37 -Rena Hirose- special aircraft, "Silverstone Disease" nickname.
Rewards for "Lucky Numbers" will also be available.
765 is one of these "Lucky Numbers." not sure of the others.
Ace Combat 3 emblems featured in the banner will be available as limited time drops.
The event will be available from the 17th of December until the 24th.

A-10A -XMAS- on the 25th? :p

Aquila

LOL at the event title. The plane is a 750 cst fighter armed with 6aam's. It's so good that it is awarded to the top
wallet warriors.

Hopefully the Christmas gift includes its old physics model, t'would be amazing.

Aerocrane

Once you have gained all login bonuses from the current supply you won't gain any more until a new supply becomes available.

Got kicked from a room followed by a angry message saying that I should "Stop ruining other people's fun." for barely reaching 50k in Moscow with my F-4G in a lobby that was 5 fighters, a multirole and a A-10. This was a MR1520 lobby and my MR has dropped from 1650s to 1523 from flying the F-14D -JR- on Area B7R.

Do you guys have any nicknames or emblems you prefer to use? I don't have any emblem that I prefer (I do like the Rookie emblem on my F-4G), but I've been using the nickname "Blue Skies" since the first monthly challenge.

Aquila

Got kicked from a room followed by a angry message saying that I should "Stop ruining other people's fun." for barely reaching 50k in Moscow with my F-4G in a lobby that was 5 fighters, a multirole and a A-10. This was a MR1520 lobby and my MR has dropped from 1650s to 1523 from flying the F-14D -JR- on Area B7R.
That's a pretty good rage kick you got there.
Do you guys have any nicknames or emblems you prefer to use? I don't have any emblem that I prefer (I do like the Rookie emblem on my F-4G), but I've been using the nickname "Blue Skies" since the first monthly challenge.
My only good emblem and nickname belongs to Yellow squadron so I automatically love them. The music emblems are great since they're something different asides from the regular, old mission complete music. Otherwise, I like anything that's not overused by everybody else and/or shows that the player has some brand loyalty. Galm, Wardog, and Garuda are awesome but way too abundant and most of the stock emblem are drab.

Aerocrane

Since Area B7R was introduced I've seen so many Japanese players flying the F-15J with the JASDF roundel.

New co-op ranking event now available!
10868242_877929228904198_2347877055597492917_n.png

17th of December until 24th of December
Rewards are:
Planes:
Su-37 -Rena Hirose- (rank 200 or better)
Emblems:
Ouroboros (rank 1000 or better)
UPEO (rank 5000 or better)
Neucom (rank 3000 or better)
General Resource (rank 3000 or better)
Nicknames:
Silverstone Disease (rank 1-20 only)
Ouroboros (rank 1000 or better)
UPEO (rank 10000 or better)
Neucom (rank 3000 or better)
General Resource (rank 3000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700,
765, 800, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7650, 10000
Reward: Su-37 -Rena Hirose-

Ace Combat 3 emblems are now available as limited time drops!
10849957_877929768904144_7694925740485607152_n.png

17th of December until 24th December
Emblems:
NUN
GRDF #01
NEU
S.A.R.F.
GRDF #02
Oriental Computer
Data Swallow
Geppetto

NEW SPECIAL CHALLENGES
All challenges available until the 5th of January.
Special Supply Tickets as rewards!
The challenges can be repeated, cooldown is two days.
Use the RKTL to destroy 50 targets. Reward: 20 tickets.
Use the HPAA to destroy 50 targets. Reward: 20 tickets.
Sortie in the MiG-21bis aircraft and obtain a personal score of 30000. Reward: 15 tickets.
Sortie in the Mirage 2000-5 aircraft and obtain a personal score of 30000. Reward: 15 tickets.
Sortie in the F-5E aircraft and use the UGB to destroy 6 targets. (complete in a single sortie) Reward: 10 tickets.
Sortie in the Su-25TM aircraft and use the 4AGM to destroy 8 targets. (complete in a single sortie) Reward: 10 tickets.

New item packs are listed in the PlayStation Store section of the hangar. They are not available for purchase yet. (At least not in Europe)
Stocked Fuel & Special Supply Ticket Set A (11 units of fuel and 10 tickets)
Stocked Fuel & Special Supply Ticket Set B (35 units of fuel and 30 tickets)
Stocked Fuel & Special Supply Ticket Set C (60 units of fuel and 50 tickets)
Extra Contract & Special Supply Ticket Set A (5 research contracts, 5 credit contracts and 10 tickets)

Espada

Oh god, I'd love the Neucom and Ouroboros emblems but those are WAY out of my reach. That Su-37 is going to be a monster, though.

Anyways, still waiting for the CFA-44 over here. It's the only super plane in the series I've never tried out, which is a shame since it looks gorgeous.

Aquila

Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato event didn't last too long. I missed out on several emblems when I am usually able to get all, if not most, of them.

The CFA-44 looks nice but it isn't anything amazing compared to the other super planes. There's no way its Infinity iteration will let it be capable of Macross Missile Massacre and its railguns will likely be heavily nerfed. I hated the plane back in AC6 deathmatch though so I'm biased.

Aerocrane

The ACE COMBAT™ INFINITY 2 Million Downloads Appreciation Pack is now available on the PlayStation Store. It contains the Arrows and Bone Arrow emblems as well as the "Pioneer" and "Mercenary" nicknames. If you downloaded Ace Combat Infinity during the first month in Japan/Asia or North America you should already have these nicknames and emblems. This pack might be available only in Europe, as these items were not released here.

10858374_878508172179637_7722690034548804715_n.png

To celebrate two million downloads of the game, all players will receive three stocked fuel and a hundred special supply tickets.
A special gold box drop of two million credits is also available until the 5th of January.

10857877_878512422179212_3622855747411919793_n.png

Christmas is the best time of the year to be a Warthog fan, A-10A -Happy Holidays- and two event skins for it are available as drops until new years.

Aerocrane

New co-op ranking event available.
10517474_882985758398545_2776341252864990002_n.png

25th of December until 5th of January
Rewards are:
Planes:
ASF-X -Happy New Year- (rank 3000 or better)
F-15J -Hakuryu- (rank 200 or better)
Skins:
F-2A Event Skin #02 (rank 1000 or better)
Emblems:
Ghosts of Razgriz (rank 100 or better)
Wardog (rank 100 or better)
Happy New Year 2015 (rank 3000 or better)
Nicknames:
Ghosts of Razgriz (rank 100 or better)
First Flight 2015 (rank 200 or better)
Happy New Year 2015 (rank 100000 or better)
White Dragon (rank 200 or better)

Lucky numbers: 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 3333, 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888, 9999, 3765, 4765, 5765, 6765, 7765, 8765, 9765
Reward: ASF-X -Happy New Year-

Lucky numbers: 110, 115, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 215, 300, 315, 400, 415, 500, 515, 600, 615, 700, 715, 800, 815, 900, 915, 1000, 1015, 2015, 3015, 4015, 5015
Rewards: Ghosts of Razgriz and Wardog emblems

Year end & New Year emblems now available as drops.
10330331_882989895064798_2763164978066172037_n.png

25th of December until 5th of January
20 emblems from across the Ace Combat series.
they really don't want us to get the 2 million credit drop

So, new ranking event awards the Razgriz emblem but not the plane skin.... LOL
Namco wants all of your money and then some more once the plane skin is a reward.

This is a bit late edit, but new special challenges are now available.
Sortie in the F-14A aircraft and obtain a personal score of 30000. Reward: 15 tickets.
Sortie in the Su-24M aircraft and obtain a personal score of 30000. Reward: 15 tickets.
Use the LAGM to destroy 50 targets. Reward: 20 tickets.
Use the HCAA to destroy 50 targets. Reward: 20 tickets.
Sortie in the F-2A aircraft and use the LASM to destroy 8 targets. Reward: 10 tickets.
Sortie in the F-20A aircraft and use the SAAM to destroy 3 targets. Reward: 10 tickets.
<Don't Miss Out!> Obtain some Special Supply Tickets! Sortie 20 times after accepting the challenge. Reward: 20 tickets.
<Limited Time Only!> Special Year End & New Year Mission. Sortie 8 times after accepting the challenge. Reward: Emblem "Sheep"

Haven't done any sorties this week, but I've been logging in to get the bonuses at least.

mcz117chief

So...have you guys gotten the Hard Tokyo on S rank yet ? I managed to get it in a team of 6 with about 12 seconds to spare. I wonder what kind of team compsotion you would need for a 4 player S rank :D

Top Bottom