• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Skwerl

I think the tournaments should actually be in tournament style. Have teams that win in like an A, B, C, etc. tournament and get your people that way. Giving people some better chances. Oh, and we need some "Infinity Stocked Fuel" weekends or double/triple multiplier weekends for credits and research.

My scores are all over the place. Should I level up my Rafale to 3? It's so expensive! I also have that Golden F-16 I haven't bought yet.

Is it that blue rafale?
If so, the spec is ridiculously good after leveling up, I think its worth it.

RangerBAD

I got lucky and got one of those when they were dropping. It's an awesome aircraft, and a great multirole for people unable (or unwilling) to work towards the F-15S/MTD/Su-47/F-35.

I do want the "seal clubbing" plane (Su-47).

Why can't I fly this:

VF---1S-Leader-Skull-Squadron.jpg

Or this:

YF19front.gif

Aquila

I got lucky and got one of those when they were dropping. It's an awesome aircraft, and a great multirole for people unable (or unwilling) to work towards the F-15S/MTD/Su-47/F-35.

I feel bad with my F-15E now. It's by no means bad at level 8, but I'd probably do much better with the F-15S/MTD or Su-47. Need Stonehenge to actually pop again so I can get enough credits to get to level 10.

RangerBAD

TDM is complete crap. I thought I got into an evenly matched game and turns out the host wasn't willing to kick people out that were trying to gank at a higher matching rate. Guess who got 30000+ points?

P.S. I can't shoot down anyone. At this point I'm just doing it for the free refuel.

Espada

TDM is complete crap. I thought I got into an evenly matched game and turns out the host wasn't willing to kick people out that were trying to gank at a higher matching rate. Guess who got 30000+ points?

P.S. I can't shoot down anyone. At this point I'm just doing it for the free refuel.

That's the ONLY reason I'm bothering with TDM. 3 more supplied fuel is not something I'm passing up, even if I have to go through the crappy TDM to do it. BTW, has anyone hear gotten PIxy's F-15C?

Aquila said:
I feel bad with my F-15E now. It's by no means bad at level 8, but I'd probably do much better with the F-15S/MTD or Su-47. Need Stonehenge to actually pop again so I can get enough credits to get to level 10.
Yeah, the difference between the high-mid aircraft and the ones at the top of the pyramid is ridiculous. Even at lower levels you can feel it.

Skwerl

supplied fuel is not something I'm passing up, even if I have to go through the crappy TDM to do it. BTW, has anyone hear gotten PIxy's F-15C?

I got the husbando plane... now its just the matter of leveling up and put my waifu emblem onto it.

Aquila

I got the husbando plane... now its just the matter of leveling up and put my waifu emblem onto it.

Galm emblem on that plane will be hawt.
It's some idolmaster I know.

In celebration of 1.5 million downloads, everybody gets 3 stocked fuel and gold boxes have a chance for a 1.5 million credit payout.

Espada

Haha, I've actually seen very few people rocking the Idolmaster emblems.

In celebration of 1.5 million downloads, everybody gets 3 stocked fuel and gold boxes have a chance for a 1.5 million credit payout.

I played with a guy who had Pixy's F-15 + Galm emblem. Cool as hell, just like seeing someone with the full ROT ensemble (Typhoon skin, emblem) flying around. Unsurprisingly, I've never seen a Ridgebacks Shinden. Talk about a waste of a reward.

RangerBAD

I really could use those credits, but I haven't even got an S rank in a while to get a gold crate.

I got twice the 1.5 million credits. Lucky me as I'm aiming for both Su47 and T50.

Got tears in the eye when the special mission where you need to destroy the fleet came up. It played Invincible Fleet theme, arguably the best theme of the entire AC4 soundtrack and perhaps in the top 3 in PS2 era osts. Just glorious. Nostalagia and feels.

This morning I got my Rafale VA up to level 7. Got a F15 Pixie in a drop and finally unlocked my way through my beloved Su47 Berkut. It killed me to drop 500k credits on the Su34 right before... But once the Su47 was good to researched, I dropped 20+ research for planes I stocked up and got it instantly. Funny how the Berkut cost twice less than the Fullback.

Now on to the T50 ! Need to buy the Su37 before and then the Pak Fa. Hope 800k will be enough for both...

Edit : got the T50. It's 670k credits ! o_O

Aquila

Hnnggg! Yellow 13 event in less than a day. I'm prepared to blow all my fuel in the hopes of getting it. May as well drop all my mercenary and research contracts too. If anybody is going to be trying for it too let me know, I'll be hosting a lobby all day at some point during this. If I can play without seal clubbers and disrespectful whales all the better.

Still no Pixy or 1.5 mil drops, but I've got a bunch ton of repeat Gripen skins. All will be forgiven if I get top 200.

Still no Pixy or 1.5 mil drops, but I've got a bunch ton of repeat Gripen skins. All will be forgiven if I get top 200.

Same...

If you are going to be playing add Valkerion7 so we can play together if we have not already. I've had the friend invites sitting in challenge mode for too long lol.

Aquila

If my times for this event aren't wrong, it ends at 1am Monday morning pacific time.

So this coming Sunday 9/28 I'll be hosting an all-day lobby and generally sacrificing my sanity for this plane. Look for PSN tag: Aquila_Red with a 6 or 8 person lobby around 11am or 12pm pst, my internet willing. Apologies before hand if I seal club, but I'm pushing my Strike Eagle to the limit for this.

I should be on around then with no problems, feel free to toss me an invite or let me toss you one for the challenge. But I'm willing to burn some fuel with you tomorrow. I'm on east coast so it should be fine connection wise.

Aquila

I should be on around then with no problems, feel free to toss me an invite or let me toss you one for the challenge. But I'm willing to burn some fuel with you tomorrow. I'm on east coast so it should be fine connection wise.

Alright, I'll toss you an invite when I hop online. Hopefully PSN's network issues are worked out by then. I've never gunned for an event plane before so I hope this will be enough time for it.

Damn, this is awesome. I love Area 88 (OAV and TV). Never really liked Shin's plane though.

Results screen seems to be getting an update. Any list of updates?

Here's what we should be expecting after the update and in future events according to the past videos we've seen.

F-20A Tigershark II
F-5E -Shin Kazama-
F-14A -Mickey Simon-
AV-8B+ -Kim Aba-
YF-23 Black Widow
ATD-X Shinshin
X-02 Wyvern
ADF-01 Falken
CFA-44 Nosferatu
R-101 Delphinus

I'm pretty sure that we're getting Tekken crossover planes too. As long as you have Tekken Revolution downloaded. And alongside that, we're also getting more Idolm@ster emblems as well. These are the rumored Tekken Planes.

Su-34 -Alisa & Xiaoyu-
Su-35 -Jin-
Su-35 -Kazuya-

Mission 8 will be active.
igcp_066_m.png

The OEM medal for this month is Weapons Base Assault.

Here's a few images from Project Aces' twitter.

Area 88 Aircraft:
area-88.jpg

F-5E:
10700726_1499432193646697_2401028768158318905_o.jpg

More info from their twitter.

- Computer AI has been tweaked to apparently not destroy the final red target during special raid missions.

-We're getting a new Air-to-Air special weapon. The MHPM.

-Rooms can be modified to allow only certain classes of aircraft, or limit them based on their cst.

-You can use multiple research items at the same time.

-Beginner rooms can be made now. High rank players cannot enter them, and they will give research bonuses.

New Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCsreQvKWU

Aerocrane

The Aigaion makes a limited-time return, available from 10/10/2014 until 14/10/2014. In Area 88 there is a battle featuring a large aircraft carrier, and battling the Aigaion is reminiscent of that. The notification is titled "Fly an Area 88 aircraft and destroy Aigaion!" but the notification also states that Aigaion can appear also when other aircraft are used and you don't have to sortie against the Aigaion in an Area 88 aircraft.

Aquila

The Aigaion makes a limited-time return, available from 10/10/2014 until 14/10/2014. In Area 88 there is a battle featuring a large aircraft carrier, and battling the Aigaion is reminiscent of that. The notification is titled "Fly an Area 88 aircraft and destroy Aigaion!" but the notification also states that Aigaion can appear also when other aircraft are used and you don't have to sortie against the Aigaion in an Area 88 aircraft.

Don't know why PA bothered with that description. They should have just said, "Hey, Aigaion returns for these dates only. Sortie in an Area 88 plane against it and get a nickname/emblem(?)." I've only got Mickey's F-14 drop and Greg's A-10 so far, so I'm somewhat ready.

I somehow got Yellow 13's Su-37 so I'm happy. I ended at rank 357 or so after spending 110+ stocked fuel. I also got countless Gripen skins, a non-standard upgrade, and Pixy on my last match. Now it's a long slog back to a ~1800 match rate since I get kicked for having a ~2000 MR, guess I'm hosting matches for good.

Aerocrane

I forgot the suffering that is the Aigaion. We had lots of time left and some jerk managed to bomb both the last of the engines and the cockpit in one go, resulting in an A rank.

Aerocrane

Naval Fleet Assault TDM Tournament is now live!
igcp_104_m.png

It is available from today (15th October) until the 20th of October.

Rewards:

1st - 200th Place
-Mirage 2000-5 -Scorpio-
-Su-34 Event Skin #01
-"Fleet Protector", "Trident" Nicknames
-75,000 Credits

201st - 1000th Place
-Mirage 2000-5 -Scorpio-
-Su-34 Event Skin #01
-"Trident" Nickname
-55,000 Credits

1001st - 3000th Place
-Su-34 Event Skin #01
-"Trident" Nickname
-25,000 Credits

3001st - 10000th Place
-"Trident" Nickname
-Aircraft Research Report x5
-15,000 Credits

10001st - 100000th Place
-Aircraft Research Report x3
-10,000 Credits

The F-14D "Pumpkin" Skin is now available as a limited drop.
igcp_111_s.png

Tekken Revolution Collaboration Event is starting soon!
Featuring the Tekken planes from Assault Horizon and a bunch of emblems to collect.
igcp_109_s.png

Forced Sorties are also now available until the 20th of October with increased drop rates.
igcp_026_s.png

Espada

Gah, I can't bring myself to do TDM. Even in this new format, it'll just devolve into flying in tight circles and vomiting HVAA/6AAMs at things.

Man, I can't wait for the update that adds the CFA-44. That's my new goal. Steadily putting in my 3 mission a day and hoping it's not in some unfortunate corner of the aircraft tree.

Aerocrane

Gah, I can't bring myself to do TDM. Even in this new format, it'll just devolve into flying in tight circles and vomiting HVAA/6AAMs at things.

I just play Naval Fleet Assault for the challenge to replenish my supplied fuel and get a couple extra co-op sorties in. Most people seem to play it just for the fuel which has in my experience resulted in everyone, even people in fighters, just going for the ships.

The killstreak system implemented in the game mode is interesting with a certain amount of kills by your team resulting in additional attacks by your fleet to the enemy fleet. Supposedly crashing your plane contributes to the other team's killstreak, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
http://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/2jc34a/naval_fleet_assault_fleet_attack_damage_and/

The "Pumpkin" skin drop for the F-14D can be received multiple times unfortunately. It is converted into 5000 credits.

Aerocrane

Naval Assault TDM Tournament is now over.

Tekken Collaboration Drop Event is now available with Kazuya Su-35, Jin Su-35 and Alisa & Xiaoyu Su-34
igcp_110_s.png

New special weapons are also now available.
For the Kazuya and Jin Su-35 Modified High-Power Air-to-Air Missile (MHPM) is available as a special weapon.
For the Alisa & Xiaoyu Su-34 Enhanced Guided Penetration Bomb (EGPB) is available as a special weapon.

Aerocrane

Finally. I was actually waiting for the tekken event
I don't really care for the designs on the planes, wouldn't mind getting the Su-34 though.

I just want another THE IDOLM@STER drop event so I can get a EF-2000 Typhoon -Makoto-
I'd never fly it because I can't dogfight.

I SURE HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE SCORPIO
igcp_105_m.png

I don't really care for the designs on the planes, wouldn't mind getting the Su-34 though.

I just want another THE IDOLM@STER drop event so I can get a EF-2000 Typhoon -Makoto-
I'd never fly it because I can't dogfight.

I SURE HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE SCORPIO
igcp_105_m.png
My reason isn't for the designs. I just want some higher tier planes while I grind up for the T-50

Aerocrane

My reason isn't for the designs. I just want some higher tier planes while I grind up for the T-50

The only Russian aircraft I care for are the MiG-21Bis "Fishbed" and Su-25 "Frogfoot" and I don't really want to fly either plane in Ace Combat because both are featured in DCS. I need to research two more parts to start research on the ASF-X Shinden II and the progress is so slow with SPW taking up research.

Aquila

I was this close to buying that plane back in AC6 after getting sick of all the Su-33/47 -Miki- dominating lobbies.

The Yellow Su-37 is a lot of fun to fly but it's still not quite par to my Strike Eagle even though it has a higher cost now. I need to rework its parts but I can't bring myself to give up reload speed.

4AAM's are a good investment although if a single plane has upgraded 6AAM's they won't do much. Looks like I'll be bringing back my Typhoon once I've level capped a few more items.

Aerocrane

I was this close to buying that plane back in AC6 after getting sick of all the Su-33/47 -Miki- dominating lobbies.

Can't wait for the Ace Combat 6 iM@S planes as tournament rewards so they can ruin the balance in Infinity even further. Namco can use the iM@S planes and skins as tournament rewards for a while since there are 13 iM@S planes in Ace Combat 6 and six skins in Assault Horizon with alternate monochrome versions.

F-15E -Garuda- has been added to the Special Planes part of the research tree.
Base Cst. 725
Stats (at lvl1):
Speed: C+
Mobility: D+
Stability: C
Air Damage: C+
Ground Damage: C
Defense: D
Can equip 6AAM, SFFS or 4AGM as SPW.
Parts slots:
Body 31
Arms 33
Misc 32

Expect to see it in high rating lobbies after it's been a tournament reward.

Aquila

Top 1000 for Garuda and another paint scheme for the regular F-15E?!? I might be blind but Garuda's colors look the same as stock. SFFS is a slap in the face, should have been UGB's since the game is already broken. Base stats and part slots look really good. First kill ability is pretty much assured between that combo and creative use of 6AAM's and 4AGM's.

I only have 93 stocked fuel at the moment so there's no real hope for me to make it into the top bracket... as much as I want to now. I'll keep replenishing my stock and hope for a later, reasonable Nemo Delphinus or ZOE Commander.

Aerocrane

I guess there is a reason for all the Eagle variants now.
igcp_107_s.png

This is the Garuda tournament.

FUTURE PROSPECT UPDATE?
M4AO6Ap.png

Now that Garuda is present on the Aircraft Tree, they've exhausted all the aircraft added back in August. That update is likely going to add all the Future Prospect planes.

Top 1000 for Garuda and another paint scheme for the regular F-15E?!? I might be blind but Garuda's colors look the same as stock. SFFS is a slap in the face, should have been UGB's since the game is already broken. Base stats and part slots look really good. First kill ability is pretty much assured between that combo and creative use of 6AAM's and 4AGM's.

I searched for images of the Garuda Team flying said craft in Ace Combat 6 and it sure as hell looks to have the stock paint scheme.

Aquila

I searched for images of the Garuda Team flying said craft in Ace Combat 6 and it sure as hell looks to have the stock paint scheme.

The lack of free look in the preview camera made me give up looking too closely into it. I expected the colors anyway but the plane's description that mentions it made me chuckle. Hopefully the preview's super brightness is making Garuda appear lighter than it should.

I'll see where my ranking stands on the 1st or 2nd. On the bright side for this event, there'll be a whole lot less Berkuts; on the downside, there'll be a million MTD's everywhere. Might have to host 4 player Aerospace Center Defense since I don't fly LAGM wagons.

Top Bottom