• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Considering how I would've gladly whored myself for 80 bucks worth of AC7 Collectors Edition bs, this is well within the threshold for being awesome

So far the Mig-29 and F-16 are my favorites. I can go through pretty much any mission with minimal damage in those. Whenever I fly the F-14 I just constantly get hit with machine gun fire. Even if I don't die it's still pretty annoying.

dubc35

So far the Mig-29 and F-16 are my favorites. I can go through pretty much any mission with minimal damage in those. Whenever I fly the F-14 I just constantly get hit with machine gun fire. Even if I don't die it's still pretty annoying.
You need to play more shirtless volleyball and ride your motorcycle in anger for the F-14 to reveal herself.

cj_iwakura

I played a mission of Zero prior to this to warm up, and they swapped the controls for the map and special weapon for some reason.

Naked Lunch

A few days in, and I think this game is amazing. Gameplay-wise its finally nice to give Ace Combat fans the real deal after so long a wait. The game is just a joy to play and the music is so nostalgic. Probably the best videogame music ever. Gets you so hyped.

This game has some real potential if they keep updating the game and keeping it fresh. I would LOVE to see full team co-op boss battles vs enemy boss squadrons out of Ace Combat Zero. I hope they keep adding more new normal co-op missions too.

For people afraid of the pay for fuel thing - the truth is there is plenty of options to get additional fuel through in game challenges and post game gifts. Its not as bad as originally advertised. I went from 0 to 18 stocked fuel in 4 days play time without buying anything (not to mention the 12 fuel I got replenished on those days).

My biggest beef is that this is set in the real world. It seems like its a greatest hits version of past ACs - there is no need to change it to the real world. Why ignore your own (well established and loved) universe?

I am going to buy all the bundle packs later this week. $37 bucks total aint bad. Gotta support Project Aces.
Ace Combat is back!!!!

Naked Lunch

I played a mission of Zero prior to this to warm up, and they swapped the controls for the map and special weapon for some reason.
You can swap those back to the old style.

One thing about the controls - I wish you can have Yaw on the right stick. It is this way in Battlefield 3 and 4 - and its just simply better than holding the R2/L2. Battlefield 3/4's jet controls trumped Ace Combat's and I wish you could mimic it. Yaw on the right stick is all it needs. I submitted a suggestion ticket or 2 during the beta feedback but they didnt hear my call :(

Any other Ace Combat Ps2 fans out there that have been getting their jet fix on the Battlefields the past few years? You would think there would be a big crossover fanbase but from my Battlefield jet buddies this doesnt seem to be the case strangely. Its either one game or the other. Im all about aces across all games ya know? I play my Battlefield jet sessions with an Ace Combat soundtrack in the background.

That was way too much fan service for me, but they probably will because 1) they already have it so no extra work 2) fan service = moneyz
I know it was super fan service but man you could make it look great with the right colors. Gloss white with black and purple looked amazing.
2014-05-31221516_zps83cb4771.jpg

KAP151

Can someone tell me how the weapons level up, mine just seem to never move off lvl 1.

And anyone that has bought the campaign pass, worth it or not? How much cash can you get from mission 3 and on?

Skwerl

Can someone tell me how the weapons level up, mine just seem to never move off lvl 1.

And anyone that has bought the campaign pass, worth it or not? How much cash can you get from mission 3 and on?

1. you get that upgrade route unlocked after you hit the rank of first lieutenant
2. I think its worth it, it takes way too much jet cash to get there, and the campaign pack comes with 20 fuels after you clear mission 5. I highly highly recommend that pack because its the pack that resembles the traditional ac package the most (i.e. unlimited play and all that)

Meneses

Hey Aerocrane, mcz117chief, sorry I wasn't around earlier to play with you guys. I'll be playing a bit now, if anyone is still around.

Also, mcz, I upgraded the F-4E until lvl 4 and I noticed quite a difference, i'm usually around the top-3 scorers now, including the odd MVP here and there.

Still can't finish a Moby Dick mission, though.

Aerocrane

Hey Aerocrane, mcz117chief, sorry I wasn't around earlier to play with you guys. I'll be playing a bit now, if anyone is still around.

No worries dude, I ended up having some internet troubles so I had to leave mcz117chief playing solo. I can't play anymore today, next time when I'm hosting I'll post some time before hosting the room so people have time to join.

Skwerl

Also, mcz, I upgraded the F-4E until lvl 4 and I noticed quite a difference, i'm usually around the top-3 scorers now, including the odd MVP here and there.

Still can't finish a Moby Dick mission, though.

For Moby Dick mission.......sometimes just ignore the missile warning if you are gunning down the engines and whatnot.

Added most of you on the doc sheet, I'll add the rest on a second batch later lol

I'll play later since now it seems I'm having network issues.

Played the first couple of campaign missions. Really enjoyed the experience thus far and I haven't played a AC game since The Unsung War.

Aerocrane

I'll join you aerocrane if you;re still on

I was on for like an hour from when I posted, but it took me 45 minutes of that to determine that my internet connection was having problems and I couldn't host after all. I ended up playing one match and leaving. mcz117chief is probably still on, so you might be able to play with him.

I think we should organize a GAF event. Anybody would be interested ?

We seem to have enough players at least. I'd be down for some GAF sorties.

mcz117chief

For me will be possible but I will only be able to stay for one hour.

one hour is about 8 sorties. I doubt we will play more.

For all of you hardcore Ace Combat games, here is what happened on this day (1st June) in the Strangereal universe.

June 1, 1995: the industrial city of Hoffnung is attacked by the Allied Forces. The original plan of a "surgical strike" degenerates into full-blown genocide as Osean bombers release their payload on the city, causing a massive number of military and civilian casualties.

mcz117chief

just saw the stats for a Lv 10 F-14...
Holy Shit!

Kinda sad the F-14D isn't unlocked from upgrading the A.

I want to see stats for lvl 10 Morgan

Btw. Will you join the GAF event ?

Also, a milestone. Got my Phantom to lvl 6. Now I can destroy most targets in 2 missiles or less

I want to see stats for lvl 10 Morgan

Btw. Will you join the GAF event ?

Also, a milestone. Got my Phantom to lvl 6. Now I can destroy most targets in 2 missiles or less

Sure, and I will actually have some fuel during the tournament.

Man the Morgan feels like a tank with some wings hooked on.

Top Bottom