• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Meneses

Got the MiG-29.

Huge difference when turning, dogfighting is easier now. Gonna try to upgrade it a bit, at the same time as I build up my F-4E (lvl 5 now).

Btw, when can I start upgrading weapons? It always says I can't do it yet.

Aerocrane

Got the MiG-29.

Huge difference when turning, dogfighting is easier now. Gonna try to upgrade it a bit, at the same time as I build up my F-4E (lvl 5 now).

Btw, when can I start upgrading weapons? It always says I can't do it yet.

To level up special weapons you need to hit the rank of first lieutenant, according to mcz117chief it takes forever for them to level up.

mcz117chief

Have any of you guys managed to get an S rank online yet? I keep coming so tantalizingly close. D:

often, mate. You need to play with more cool guys, like Galm 1.

Just checked, I have completed 14 missions on S rank

Also, today I broke my record, now my highest score is 68808, but I have seen people get 80k :)

I think we should organize a GAF event. Anybody would be interested ?
Count me in

Could we agree on 7th June at 5:00pm GMT ? (10:00am PDT, 1:00pm EDT, 7:00am CEST)

I leave for work at 730 am central, if you could make it an hour earlier I can play for a match or two. Probably more, I'm usually up at 6 am

Gonna eat some pizza and watch netflix then I'm gonna fire up the game if anyone is interested in some sorties...say...hour and a half from now? Shoot me a msg on psn

EDIT:Derp, June 7 is a Saturday, i can totally play at 7am

If I just buy the Campaign Ticket how long will it take me to unlock good jets like the F-14, F-15, MiG-29, SU-37, or F-22?

What about if I don't want to spend any money?

mcz117chief

EDIT:Derp, June 7 is a Saturday, i can totally play at 7am
Yeah, I picked saturday because not many people are working and church is on sunday, so this day has the lowest chance to crash and burn :)
If I just buy the Campaign Ticket how long will it take me to unlock good jets like the F-14, F-15, MiG-29, SU-37, or F-22?

What about if I don't want to spend any money?

Unlocking planes is only available through multiplayer.

If you don't spend any money then the campaign is basically off limits (each mission costs 100k extra then the previous one and a free player will not make more than 10k each round)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
got the invite but i was in the middle of another almostnotquite S game

Meneses

Man, i'm unlucky with the invites, I got a couple but in the 5 seconds it takes me to accept them, the room is full lol

Skwerl

Today I learned a crime that's crueler than nuking a puppy- Closing down a moby dick pursue room during staging phase.

DY_nasty

nothing grinds my gears like seeing all my teammates pick fighters then watching them go for nothing but ground targets

this ain't AC 1-0, your missiles do not do the damage you think they're doing

Aerocrane

nothing grinds my gears like seeing all my teammates pick fighters then watching them go for nothing but ground targets

this ain't AC 1-0, your missiles do not do the damage you think they're doing

Certainly noticed the same when going against air targets after all ground targets are gone in my attacker, not only am I slow I'm also not dealing as much damage as the fighters.

DY_nasty

Certainly noticed the same when going against air targets after all ground targets are gone in my attacker, not only am I slow I'm also not dealing as much damage as the fighters.

5 minutes of getting hounded by stealth fighters because your F-14 homies are on their 3rd hovercraft bombing run

Aerocrane

5 minutes of getting hounded by stealth fighters because your F-14 homies are on their 3rd hovercraft bombing run

Flying a plane called "Multirole" or "Attacker" is lame when you could be flying a "Fighter" :D The worst is when fighters ignore emergency mission planes and go hunting for ground targets with attackers instead.

Does the DualShock 4 work with this game? I know it works for many other games as it registers when plugged into the PS3 as a generic controller, it would make it much easier for me to actually play this if I could use the DS4. I was a big proponent of the DS3 back in the PS3 days, but after using the DS4 I don't want to go back.

DY_nasty

^^I was just about to ask that question too.
Flying a plane called "Multirole" or "Attacker" is lame when you could be flying a "Fighter" :D The worst is when fighters ignore emergency mission planes and go hunting for ground targets with attackers instead.

This literally just happened.

When doing the Aerospace Defense Center mission emergency, you should NEVER see 3 blue markers on the same damned hovercraft.

Aerocrane

When doing the Aerospace Defense Center mission emergency, you should NEVER see 3 blue markers on the same damned hovercraft.

I've gotten lucky when playing Aerospace Defense Center, during emergency missions I am usually the only one going for the hovercraft in my attacker. Usually I have time to only destroy few of them before the emergency mission is already over.

EmpReb

Banned
Right now my Harrier is cutting it as an attacker but as soon as I get the F-2 and A-10 its thrown in a ditch. Though IF I get the Raffle M..... Dear lord what you could do with that goddess.

Aerocrane

good god, I just witnessed the impossible
417 points on the scoreboard... 417...

250 is even better result, this happened in a 4 player match where I got about 31k and the other player on my team got 250 or so points. We managed to win because the two players on the other team got about 13k points each and all the bots got around 5k.

Can you get 0 points? I'd love to see that!

You'd probably end up with at least some distraction bonus points if you went afk for a full round. Getting 0 points would be very difficult.

I broke my record! Just under 50k points! I could've made it past it too if I didn't get so many stolen kills. :/ I swear I saw at least 20 overkill bonuses.

Aerocrane

I broke my record! Just under 50k points! I could've made it past it too if I didn't get so many stolen kills. :/ I swear I saw at least 20 overkill bonuses.

Congratulations! My best is about 40k, if you can score 40k+ consistently you are really good. I'm usually somewhere between 25k and 30k points.

Pachimari

So is this game any good? Is the monetization fair or do you have to spend money to be competitive?

I'm a huge fan of the old Ace Combat games but I remember people were not receptive to it when it was revealed to be free-to-play.

DY_nasty

Attacker is some of the easiest gameplay imo

Since the maps don't change outside of your starting area and the emergency, you can do yourself a lot of favors by planning out your route. Its like... free points. Then during the Moby Dick missions, just bring out the F-16 and spam the multitarget AAM stuff.

Really helps rack up points pretty quick. I'd do it more if I didn't force myself to try every single plane as soon as they unlock.

Top Bottom