• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Woo got my Murasame Liger today.

Really cool. I'm still wondering why Koto didn't make it a kit, though.

Okay, I just looked up a few reviews of Max Gokin Dragonar, and I'm seriously considering picking it up. It seems like a fantastic figure all around. Does Max Factory have any other mechs besides Dragonar and Godannar?

And I'm not really a big fan of any of those ones you posted images of. Sorry! I appreciate it though!
For a better idea of the kind of aesthetic I'm looking for, I really like how the Full Metal Panic mechs look.

And speaking of those Full Metal Panic figures, unfortunately the scale and quality of Robot Spirits doesn't really do it for me. They have some designs I really like (mostly the Full Metal Panic ones), but they're just a little too cheap for what I'm looking for.

Kinda had a feeling most wouldn't click. Part of the problem is that the style you want is often represented in either kit form or robot spirit/revoltech/etc. form, and neither really appeal to you.

As for other Max Gokin figures, they made Big O, Genesic GaoGaiGar, and Mazinkaiser. But I don't think that's what you're looking for, either.

probably FedEx's fault. the shipping label to return something was right when I did it.

It looks like FedEx printed a random label or something and put it over my existing label, so of course it went to the wrong place. BBTS sent me another shipping label so hopefully it goes fine this time. Fingers crossed. BBTS has been super helpful through all this.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kinda had a feeling most wouldn't click. Part of the problem is that the style you want is often represented in either kit form or robot spirit/revoltech/etc. form, and neither really appeal to you.

As for other Max Gokin figures, they made Big O, Genesic GaoGaiGar, and Mazinkaiser. But I don't think that's what you're looking for, either.

Yeah, just kind of bad luck there I guess. I really appreciate your suggestions though!
And yeah, you're right. I looked those up and they're not quite what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm kind of tempted to get this guy.

NEO0MJ

Just found out that they released a remaster Dragonzord figure this year, but now it's sold out and is selling for more than double the original cost. Maybe it's due to the Christmas rush. Hope it gets reissued, as I fucking loved the original toy. The tail has the bite marks to prove it.

Power-Rangers-Legacy-Dragonzord--pTRU1-17512617dt.jpg

Yeah, just kind of bad luck there I guess. I really appreciate your suggestions though!
And yeah, you're right. I looked those up and they're not quite what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm kind of tempted to get this guy.

Sentinel's Dino Getters are pretty cool, plus it works with your monster collection.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just found out that they released a remaster Dragonzord figure this year, but now it's sold out and is selling for more than double the original cost. Maybe it's due to the Christmas rush. Hope it gets reissued, as I fucking loved the original toy. The tail has the bite marks to prove it.

The Megazord got a reissue. The Dragonzord reissue is likely coming right before they release the Legacy Thunder Megazord

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope so. Don't care about the rest much (wish they were SOC) but I just love the Dragon too much to ignore it.

They were initially Toys R Us exclusives, so the reissues are specifically NOT TRU exclusives, so you'll at least see a Dragonzord out of it. Don't know how the Tigerzord or Falconzord or Titanniusis did it they'll reissue those.

LiK

Sentinel's Dino Getters are pretty cool, plus it works with your monster collection.

I was gonna pick this up but forgot. I'll wait for another rerelease too.

LiK

Could have sworn I saw a bunch of those at my local Toysrus the other week. That and the black re-issue of the Megazord. In fact it was dropped to $69.99.

if you guys see the Dragonzord for sale at reasonable prices anywhere, please post here! i don't see it for any good prices atm.

if you guys see the Dragonzord for sale at reasonable prices anywhere, please post here! i don't see it for any good prices atm.

I actually just drove up there and back, they were all gone. I was there last week getting a costume for my son and saw them. Kicking myself cause I should have gotten one.

So, my Guts Gecco Statue arrived yesterday. I just checked him out a couple of minutes ago and it's definitely the real deal. I love how Puck and the Behelit are both in Gut's satchel. Such great attention to detail. I'd highly recommend it! My obsession with literally EVERYTHING Berserk related continues! I just can't get enough of it all....

SPEUESD.gif

Snaku

Banned
Managed to snag a SH Figuarts Shadowtrooper off Nippon Yasan last night when they had a few for sale briefly. I wasn't planning being a completionist with the Star Wars SHFs, but now that I got one of the harder exclusives, I may as well.

Purdy

Hi guys was thinking of getting the Boba Fett Premium Format Figure

I've never really bought anything outside of some metal gear play arts kai and a figma.
Was wondering if there is any catch with ordering via their payment plan? It works out at exactly the same usually most places stick on some extra interest which seems weird.
Also I'm taking it these are pretty highly regarded? A lot more than I'd usually ever pay but it looks awesome.

EDIT: Also anyone here in the UK bought from them before? Not getting a quote for UK delivery and I expect the customs charge will be relatively large

EDIT2: Another quick question, just reading around about the figure as I want to be sure but what are these guys talking about when they say EX

Hi guys was thinking of getting the Boba Fett Premium Format Figure

I've never really bought anything outside of some metal gear play arts kai and a figma.
Was wondering if there is any catch with ordering via their payment plan? It works out at exactly the same usually most places stick on some extra interest which seems weird.
Also I'm taking it these are pretty highly regarded? A lot more than I'd usually ever pay but it looks awesome.

EDIT: Also anyone here in the UK bought from them before? Not getting a quote for UK delivery and I expect the customs charge will be relatively large

EDIT2: Another quick question, just reading around about the figure as I want to be sure but what are these guys talking about when they say EX

This is the EX they're talking about:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-sideshow-collectibles-3001521/

Honestly, I'd probably go with the HT 1/4 figure if you want a big Boba. The paint will be better and in my case I like being able to change up my figure displays. That's totally subjective though, as SSC PF statues are fantastic.

Honestly, I'd probably go with the HT 1/4 figure if you want a big Boba. The paint will be better and in my case I like being able to change up my figure displays. That's totally subjective though, as SSC PF statues are fantastic.
Take note that the HT is ROTJ whereas the PF is ESB, if that makes a difference to you.

Purdy

This is the EX they're talking about:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-sideshow-collectibles-3001521/

Take note that the HT is ROTJ whereas the PF is ESB, if that makes a difference to you.

Cheers guys

Why would the painting be worse on the SSC PF out of curiosity? I do in general prefer figures but a nice statue would be good too

Cheers guys

Why would the painting be worse on the SSC PF out of curiosity? I do in general prefer figures but a nice statue would be good too

Sideshow's QC has been iffy the past couple years. Feels like rolling the dice when you order a PF these days.

WolfStark

I want her like yesterday on my shelf! She's gorgous, the chrome, the weathered look, really like if the Captain jumped out of trailer into figure form. I hope she is released next year, I need to save enough money for this gal.

LiK

guess they resorted to weathered look for Phasma to avoid the fragile chrome issue I've seen before,. pretty good choice. I'm sure they could always do a variant with clean chrome for hardcore collectors.

Not sure how I feel about the weathered look. I guess it help deals with the common issues chrome has?
It works out to be honest. I didn't expect it to be 100% chrome with a brand new shiny look to it. It wouldn't work out for them on the QC side of things. You would have people complaining and asking for a replacement if people see a hairline scratch on their chromed figure. Her armor is also weathered in the movie so it works out.

ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpeg

LiK

It works out to be honest. I didn't expect it to be 100% chrome with a brand new shiny look to it. It wouldn't work out for them on the QC side of things. You would have people complaining and asking for a replacement if people see a hairline scratch on their chromed figure. Her armor is also weathered in the movie so it works out.

ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpeg

seems more weathered than the first trailer. I guess they didn't have the final CGI look for her originally. she was pure clean chrome, iirc.

seems more weathered than the first trailer. I guess they didn't have the final CGI look for her originally. she was pure clean chrome, iirc.
She's more clean chromed in certain shots and others she has these scorched burn marks throughout her armor so it seems her armor just gets more battle damaged throughout the movie. I think Hot Toy's version looks more than fine seeing how every other company didn't even bother to add chrome in the first place. Their production version always has the weathering toned down from the prototype as well.

Star-Wars-7-Captain-Phasma-Header-by-Annie-Leibovitz.jpg

LiK

hm, now I think a clean chrome variant will definitely be made. probably some Toy Fair exclusive, mark my words!

NEO0MJ

She's more clean chromed in certain shots and others she has these scorched burn marks throughout her armor so it seems her armor just gets more battle damaged throughout the movie.

Probably because it would look off for something like that to stay clean throughout the movie, unless she has like, a polish chamber that she frequents.

Purdy

Sideshow's QC has been iffy the past couple years. Feels like rolling the dice when you order a PF these days.

always been iffy even when i bought their PFs years ago. it's really hit or miss with them.

Thanks guys

Do you think I'd be safe sitting and waiting until Feb when they ship and picking one up after or do they usually sell out before release? (or a guessing game?)

Might be my safest option

LiK

Thanks guys

Do you think I'd be safe sitting and waiting until Feb when they ship and picking one up after or do they usually sell out before release? (or a guessing game?)

Might be my safest option

if you like the design, go for it. some of their statues are gorgeous. the Diablo III and Pacific Rim Gypsy Danger ones I opened up recently are just amazing. the nice thing about SS is if you're not satisfied, you can have it replaced or maybe even returned.

I find their statues from the last few years to be pretty great. better quality than their earlier ones.

Received Bee earlier this week. Hats off to 3A for really pulling a figure as complex as this off.

Super excited for the rest of the line.
3AQmK.gif

22804207672_e7e829bfbd_b.jpg

22197180423_3ba89d5722_b.jpg

22410677138_bf5b5c8abc_b.jpg

LiK

HT Phasma is up for preorder ($250). No exclusives from SS so not gonna bother with them since they require $25 deposit. I preordered from BBTS. Woot

HT Phasma is up for preorder ($250). No exclusives from SS so not gonna bother with them since they require $25 deposit. I preordered from BBTS. Woot

I used my rewards points and got her for $20. Wanted to make sure out of all the unneeded shit I have coming finances don't hinder being able to get her.

Top Bottom