• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

Oh very nice! Should be seeing him up for PO very soon

12189773_1510204812610931_726297498869242686_n.jpg

11221582_1510204849277594_381929995706151922_n.jpg

12189676_1510204865944259_6296451254242045499_n.jpg

edit: He's 200.00 USD

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=hot10641&mode=retail

bjork

That Stan Lee is pretty great. If the middle photo had no text or anything on it, I'd think it was just a picture of the man himself.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Omg. Mecha King Ghidorah is INSANE. $120 was an absolute steal. The box is MASSIVE. King Ghidorah is MASSIVE. He comes with a TON of accessories. The molding is the most detailed thing ever with EVERY SINGLE SCALE molded.
To be honest, the only reason I originally bought the figure was because it was cheap and I wanted a complete collection. I didn't actually have any interest in it. I am so glad I bought it though. It's just insane.

Fjordson

I would buy anything they put out from MGSV tbh. The play arts kai line was kinda underwhelming, so I'm hungry for a good Venom Snake, Ocelot, Quiet, etc.

But I guess HT has other fish to fry. Hey, maybe with everyone back in a Star Wars merch frenzy we'll get a diecast 1/6 George Lucas!

Omg. Mecha King Ghidorah is INSANE. $120 was an absolute steal. The box is MASSIVE. King Ghidorah is MASSIVE. He comes with a TON of accessories. The molding is the most detailed thing ever with EVERY SINGLE SCALE molded.
To be honest, the only reason I originally bought the figure was because it was cheap and I wanted a complete collection. I didn't actually have any interest in it. I am so glad I bought it though. It's just insane.

That's cool looking. Love your enthusiasm even though it's not a line I would collect.

That's cool looking. Love your enthusiasm even though it's not a line I would collect.

It really is fun seeing frugal, stingy Kipp get so excited about something. That FroYo manager money turned him into a madman. One day this will all be included in a documentary telling the story of Kipp's financial downfall.

It really is fun seeing frugal, stingy Kipp get so excited about something. That FroYo manager money turned him into a madman. One day this will all be included in a documentary telling the story of Kipp's financial downfall.

Ha. Kipp, take a picture of your whole collection now.

Messi

Finally a look at the full Ant Man sculpt! Amazing!

12190921_870835339703921_8267678863071096026_n.jpg

12193588_870835399703915_7370788615850525243_n.jpg

Varies, depends on where you are, can be a few weeks until it comes out in Hong Kong and then 4 - 6 weeks if you are outside. I'm just getting my AoU Hulk Deluxe figure this week and it came out a few months ago in Hong Kong.

Oh my goodness

Replicant

I was confused since according to sideshow, Ant-Man wasn't meant to come out until March next year but someone already getting one already. So if you live in HK you get Hot Toys stuff earlier than everyone else?

Also, did anyone else get Hot Toys Han Solo and can tell me if he's good quality?

Yeah the figuarts DBZ line continues to be awesome.

I can't wait to get the battle damaged super-saiyan Goku. Should be out in November.

Where the DBZ ones are concerned, I think I like the Figuarts Zero line better. But they're a bit pricey considering the size. Though the action poses with effect pieces look pretty great.

Kipp

Ironically, I'm making less money as a FroYo manager than I was at that awful desk job. Haha

Ha. Kipp, take a picture of your whole collection now.

I'll get one for you tomorrow! Until then, there's a picture on the last page of my whole collection minus MOGUERA and Mecha King Ghidorah (which I got after I took the photo).

Replicant

Probably the same reason other people do it:

Money isn't the root of happiness, and there are people who would rather take a pay cut and do something enjoyable than make more money and be miserable at work.

Money is part of it though.

The root of happiness = a sense of purpose/enjoyment of what you do + surrounding yourself with great! awesome people (friends/coworker/family) + money

Hagi

Holy shit I can't hold all these figuarts. Star Wars aside for a moment because I'm undoubtedly buying all those anyway but mother-fucking Hawkeye?!?! dreams really do come true.

Bandai wants me to spend all my money on their products and yup

NIh934D.gif

Messi

I was confused since according to sideshow, Ant-Man wasn't meant to come out until March next year but someone already getting one already. So if you live in HK you get Hot Toys stuff earlier than everyone else?

Also, did anyone else get Hot Toys Han Solo and can tell me if he's good quality?

Yeah hk gets hot toys way before the rest of is.

Kipp

Why did you take a retail position over a desk job, then?

Is food service included in the retail job category? I thought it was its own thing.

But in answer to your question, half of it was what Zombine said. I just couldn't stand the desk job at all, so it didn't matter how much I was getting paid, because I just couldn't stay there any longer.
But the other half of it was because even though I'm making less overall, I'm making more per hour. I'm only working 30 hours at FroYo and was working 40 hours at the desk job, but not making a whole lot less at FroYo than I was at the desk job due to the hourly increase. So I may be making less, but I'm also working less and I enjoy it way more than the desk job.
Lastly, "General Manager" will look a lot better on my resume than "Social Media and Affiliate Manager."

So yeah, it may sound a little strange that I switched to a job where my paychecks are slightly smaller, but it makes perfect sense from my point of view.

Also, looks like Kipp |OT| is creeping into Action Figure GAF... Lol

Hagi

Seriously dat Hawkeye. Looks like they are using the same face tech on Clint and Tony as they did on Luke and Maul which is awesome. If you look at the window to the left of Chewbacca you can see Jango and Jango holding his helmet as well which is fantastic.

I'm seripusly going to need a shelf just for Star Wars figuarts by the end of next year at this rate.

paolo11

I am super mad today. I went to BBTS to see new stuff and I found out that Metal Build Gundam Red Astray is not available for preorder. Since when did they offer that Gundam???

Yeah the figuarts DBZ line continues to be awesome.

I can't wait to get the battle damaged super-saiyan Goku. Should be out in November.

shfiguarts-goku-ssj-battledamaged-05-600x677.jpg

I just got into DBZ Figuarts and am trying to only get one of each character but I'm gonna have a double because this one looks so badass. Have Trunks and the premium color Vegeta on order too.

WolfStark

Hot Toys is teasering Captain Phasma and it looks like it's the first time we get a Phasma that really has a shiny chrome armor, instead of a silver finish.

12187935_10153142086982344_2277321284882415896_n.jpg

@Michelangelo's David
I think the figure is pretty cool but censoring David, in which times are we living?

LiK

Hot Toys is teasering Captain Phasma and it looks like it's the first time we get a Phasma that really has a shiny chrome armor, instead of a silver finish.

12187935_10153142086982344_2277321284882415896_n.jpg

@Michelangelo's David
I think the figure is pretty cool but censoring David, in which times are we living?

OMFG, it's coming

Top Bottom