• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Wow Phasma's paint actually looks like chrome. Surprised to see them pulling that off for this since I thought they would go for a more toned down silver.

I'm ready.

giphy.gif

ohkay

I'm torn on preordering Force Awakens figures because the movie might be awful, but I think that'll change when that Phasma goes up for preorder

Hot Toys is teasering Captain Phasma and it looks like it's the first time we get a Phasma that really has a shiny chrome armor, instead of a silver finish.

12187935_10153142086982344_2277321284882415896_n.jpg

@Michelangelo's David
I think the figure is pretty cool but censoring David, in which times are we living?

FINALLY

New Detolf

Top shelf - Darth Vader HT and OT Stormtrooper HT
2nd Shelf - Kylo Ren HT and Captain Phasma HT
3rd Shelf - More Star Wars Hot Toys
4th Shelf - More Star Wars Hot Toys

I really want a ROTJ Luke, Darth Maul, The Emperor, and an Imperial Guard.

New Detolf

Top shelf - Darth Vader HT and OT Stormtrooper HT
2nd Shelf - Kylo Ren HT and Captain Phasma HT
3rd Shelf - More Star Wars Hot Toys
4th Shelf - More Star Wars Hot Toys

I really want a ROTJ Luke, Darth Maul, The Emperor, and an Imperial Guard.
Sideshow is putting out an insanely overpriced Darth Maul from EP1 so don't expect one from HT anytime soon. We'll def see a ROTJ Vader, Luke, Han and Leia down the road though. They're focused on ANH and TFW but will probably get to ESB and ROTJ after TFW.

Sideshow is putting out an insanely overpriced Darth Maul from EP1 so don't expect one from HT anytime soon. We'll def see a ROTJ Vader, Luke, Han and Leia down the road though. They're focused on ANH and TFW but will probably get to ESB and ROTJ after TFW.

Yeah, I've seen the SS Maul. Substitute Maul for Leia then. That would make for some cool setups in my Detolf. Vader and Leia with the interrogator droid. Vader and Luke. Highly doubt I would double dip on Vader with a ROTJ version.

Few quick shots of the Squad Leader.

That is real purdy...I want one now, but just bought Hot Toys Bones and ThreeZero Ned Stark from my LCS. They also maybe have a Marty McFly waiting for me and if i cant get him then theyre holding an AOU Hawkeye...might get both.

Bah...I dont want to have to start buying Star Wars Hot Toys when I've loads of Sideshow versions...

LiK

Hope they're able to keep the chrome look but somehow have it be less fragile than chrome on past figures. I don't wanna have to be worried about fingerprints and humidity.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Some people might be ineterted in these. Bandai are releasing Super Robot Chogokin God Gravion, Goddanar, Kotetsu Jeeg, and Giant Robo.

Speaking of robot figures, do you or anyone else have any suggestions on robot/gundam-type figures that are high quality and similar in style to this guy?

I've looked around quite a bit and can't find anything that really tickles my fancy. There are some cool robot designs in the Robot Spirits/Damashii line, but those figures are a bit too cheap and small for my taste.
The Bandai Chogokin line looks to be the type of quality I'm looking for, but they don't really have any of the sleek type of aesthetic I'm looking for.

NEO0MJ

Speaking of robot figures, do you or anyone else have any suggestions on robot/gundam-type figures that are high quality and similar in style to this guy?

How much are you willing to spend? I always thought Dragonar looked really good.

I'll try to look up more stuff that might fit what you want later.

LiK

I ordered mine as well. Looks great.

It was an offer extended to people who Kickstarted the regular figure. Not sure if it will be on sale to the public at some point. I imagine it will eventually, but who knows.

ugh, yes, i read that it's for backers only atm. i ordered the regular. makes me sad i can't even buy this one.

12182465_10153143327852344_7140683327566077940_o.jpg

Re release in die-cast! !
Oh snap, time to list my OG War Machine on Craigslist.

3A has finally revealed their Starscream figure. What a stunning figure of an oddball design. The praise for the recently Bumblebee has been high, and Optimus Prime looks fantastic. Megatron is the only one I'm not feeling, and without a Megatron there's just no use for this Starscream in my collection.

Shamelessly copy pasted from Sentient's post on Sideshow Freaks.
Coming to Bambaland Store
Friday November 13th, 2015
9:00am HK Time

BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE
TRANSFORMERS
STARSCREAM
Premium Scale Collectible Figure

www.bambalandstore.com

The treacherous Lieutenant of the Decepticons, Starscream soars the ranks in Premium Scale. Using his guile and cunning Starscream slyly seeks any opportunity to overthrow Megatron and take his place as leader of the Decepticons. The Premium Scale Edition features extremely detailed sculpt and paint applications including Cybertronian Tattoos. Equipped with interchangeable Missile Cluster Arm and an additional interchangeable Saw Blade Arm that is exclusive only to Bambaland!

- Figure Stands 16-Inches (40.64cm) Tall
- Fully Poseable With Over 75 Points of Articulation including Articulated Fingers
- Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
- Features Realistic Weathering Effect
- Comes with additional Interchangeable Missile Cluster Arm
- LED Light-Up Eyes

BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE EDITION INCLUDES
- Interchangeable Saw Blade Arm

ADDITIONAL INFO
- Materials Used - ABS, PVC, POM
- Requires AG13 X 2 Button Cell Batteries (Batteries Not Included)

USD $430
Price Includes Worldwide Shipping
*Design and color may change on final shipping version

12183797_852644314855914_1844629659372068323_o.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x1750_E_001.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x3500_E_003.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_3500x1700_E_002.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x1750_E_002.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x3500_E_001.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x3500_E_002.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_3500x1700_E_001.jpg

3A_Transformers_Starscream_Ad_1750x3500_E_004.jpg

Kipp

How much are you willing to spend? I always thought Dragonar looked really good.

I'll try to look up more stuff that might fit what you want later.

I'd be willing to spend probably up to $150? It really all depends on the quality and size of the figure. It doesn't matter much to me whether or not something is cheap or expensive, what matters to me is if it's worth the price. That doesn't really answer your question, but there it is. Haha

And that does look pretty sweet. That is really close to what I'm looking for though in terms of aesthetic, and it looks pretty great quality too.

But yeah, I'd really appreciate it if you posted stuff I might want! I'm kind of desperate to buy a new figure, but I just can't find anything I really want. A very strange dilemma to have. Haha

NEO0MJ

But yeah, I'd really appreciate it if you posted stuff I might want! I'm kind of desperate to buy a new figure, but I just can't find anything I really want. A very strange dilemma to have. Haha

Part of the problem is that a lot of these mecha figures don't get reprints and their prices skyrocket as a result. Anyways the Max Gokin Dragonar might be expensive but it's well worth it. I have the Godannar for the same line and it's amazing, worth every penny. Other than that here are some other good choices that fit your bill. Kinda stretching with a few but I hope you find something you like!

CM Brave Gokin Patlabor Ingram

Patlabor_RA34.jpg

CM brave Gokin Mospeada Ride Armor.

TOY-RBT-0537.jpg

Yamato Garland.

P7029728.jpg

Variable Action High Spec Galvion.

IMG_7565.JPG

Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen

img_2399-copy.jpg

Super Robot Chogokin Weissritter

weissritter2.jpg

Super Robot Chogokin Zeorymer

TOY-RBT-1952_04.jpg

Spec Dragonar.

GDS-8619_02.jpg

Spec Falguen

TOY-RBT-0484_01.jpg

Spec L-Gaim

TOY-RBT-0313.jpg

Soul of Chogokin Tetsujin 28.

11106-53047-thickbox.jpg

Soul of Chogokin Ideon.

P6195876.jpg

Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster

FIGURE-011361_01.jpg

You might have to look up E-bay for a few of these. Also, take a loot at the Robot Spirits line. There's too many there for me too look them all up, though.

Kipp

Part of the problem is that a lot of these mecha figures don't get reprints and their prices skyrocket as a result. Anyways the Max Gokin Dragonar might be expensive but it's well worth it. I have the Godannar for the same line and it's amazing, worth every penny. Other than that here are some other good choices that fit your bill. Kinda stretching with a few but I hope you find something you like!

You might have to look up E-bay for a few of these. Also, take a loot at the Robot Spirits line. There's too many there for me too look them all up, though.

Okay, I just looked up a few reviews of Max Gokin Dragonar, and I'm seriously considering picking it up. It seems like a fantastic figure all around. Does Max Factory have any other mechs besides Dragonar and Godannar?

And I'm not really a big fan of any of those ones you posted images of. Sorry! I appreciate it though!
For a better idea of the kind of aesthetic I'm looking for, I really like how the Full Metal Panic mechs look.

And speaking of those Full Metal Panic figures, unfortunately the scale and quality of Robot Spirits doesn't really do it for me. They have some designs I really like (mostly the Full Metal Panic ones), but they're just a little too cheap for what I'm looking for.

Argh, I tried to return a figure to BBTS due to chipped paint and I shipped it off last week and just got my package returned to me because apparently FedEx delivered it to completely the wrong address in another state. I was using the shipping label BBTS provided, so I don't know if FedEx is just plain inept (which they are), or if this shipping label was wrong. Waiting to hear back from them.

LiK

Argh, I tried to return a figure to BBTS due to chipped paint and I shipped it off last week and just got my package returned to me because apparently FedEx delivered it to completely the wrong address in another state. I was using the shipping label BBTS provided, so I don't know if FedEx is just plain inept (which they are), or if this shipping label was wrong. Waiting to hear back from them.

probably FedEx's fault. the shipping label to return something was right when I did it.

Top Bottom