• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

LiK

Canceling my Destiny Titan figure with Bambaland store. They're making me pay 5% admin fees to cancel. Gonna just suck it up and give them that. I'll be way more careful about preordering exclusives from them in the future.

jackdoe

Canceling my Destiny Titan figure with Bambaland store. They're making me pay 5% admin fees to cancel. Gonna just suck it up and give them that. I'll be way more careful about preordering exclusives from them in the future.
After blowing $250 on their shitty Master Chief figure, I refuse to buy any more 3A figures. That Destiny figure would probably have been equally as bad.

LiK

After blowing $250 on their shitty Master Chief figure, I refuse to buy any more 3A figures. That Destiny figure would probably have been equally as bad.

yea, i impulsed preordered cuz i wanted the Hawkmoon accessory but the game nerfed the shit outta it and i no longer care about Destiny anymore. it would be a waste of $190 for a figure i don't care about.

i still like the quality of their MGS Rex and Ray figures even tho trying to pose them is near impossible because of their size and they do feel fragile in spots.. thinking of getting the smaller ones in the future.

It's come to this.
KuGsj.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot Toys has always been the true leader of the high-end collectible market and today we are very thrilled to take this market to a whole new level and officially announce we have acquired the rights to offer our incredibly stunning life-size statues of iconic film characters to the dedicated collectors around the world!

Fans have always admired the sophisticated craftsmanship, high quality and fine details of our 1/6th and 1/4th scale collectibles, and now collectors can enjoy all these great feats with their own personal life-size collectibles from Hot Toys’ new “Life-Size Masterpiece Series”!

To kick-off the new series, Hot Toys is excited to officially present the Armored Batman Life-Size Collectible based on one of the biggest blockbusters of 2016 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!

The movie-accurate and realistic life-size collectible will be available in selected markets and stands approximately 1.95m/6.4ft tall (2.2m/7.2ft tall with base). It features an armored head with light-up eyes, authentic and detailed likeness of Batman’s lower face, meticulously sculpted replica of the Batsuit and armor, a fabric cape, and a circular base with light-up function and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice logo.

This Armored Batman Life-Size Collectible is a phenomenal work that rivals a piece of fine art and will be a truly spectacular centerpiece for your “Batcave”!
More Hot Toys Life-Size Collectibles will be coming soon, fans please stay tuned!

camo

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a website that selsl Figma figures to the UK? I'd like to get the Hulk figure but all I've come across are fakes on ebay.

Thanks

LiK

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a website that selsl Figma figures to the UK? I'd like to get the Hulk figure but all I've come across are fakes on ebay.

Thanks

Tried Japanese import sites like AmiAmi or HLJ? They ship everywhere.

Nice.

Talk to the hand.

How is that Hot Toys Obi Wan? I'm thinking of getting it.

Who knew but Obi Wan is one of my favorites. Thinking about the history of Star Wars through the prequel trilogy, to the Clone Wars show and then the original trilogy, how could you not have Obi Wan?

mjc

guess no alt head for Kylo confirmed. kind of a bummer.

Pretty weird that they didn't send a helmet-less face sculpt with it, I agree. If they release one later, would it be possible to switch head sculpts on this one?

Nice.

Talk to the hand.

How is that Hot Toys Obi Wan? I'm thinking of getting it.

Hot Toys Obi is my favorite 1/6 scale Star Wars figure yet. Love the tailoring and head sculpt and the articulation isn't hindered at all.

BBTS sent an email saying they expect Kylo in 10 days so I'm excited to get him in hand.

SeanC

Thanks guys, wanted to hear from collectors who had it in-hand. I love the pics. It's going to be my first Hot Toys.

Goodbye money....

Update: Apparently Obi went to waitlist? I thought he was purchasable last week. Maybe I'm mis-remembering. Anyways, I waitlisted at least.

LiK

Pretty weird that they didn't send a helmet-less face sculpt with it, I agree. If they release one later, would it be possible to switch head sculpts on this one?

yea, he was pretty prominent in early press stuff without his helmet. guess the figure was made way before they thought it was worth making or just make a version 2.0 and make people double dip later.

Fantomex

I've settled on a good medium. Hasbro Legends are meh, Hot Toys are too fancy for me, so I'm settling on Figuarts. Just right for me. That Kylo Ren HT looks amazing though!

I'm gonna skip ANH Vader and hope they have ESB Vader soon. I need shiny helm.

It makes sense for people who only want one version of each character. I want a complete ESB shelf similar to the complete ANH shelf, so I'll be looking forward to the eventual ESB Vader from them, considering their ANH Vader was already leagues better than the Sideshow Vader released not that long ago and being rereleased pretty soon.

SeanC

I've settled on a good medium. Hasbro Legends are meh, Hot Toys are too fancy for me, so I'm settling on Figuarts. Just right for me. That Kylo Ren HT looks amazing though!

I have the Figuarts Kylo and really dig it. The plastic robe pieces are more pliable than I thought so the posing ended up better than I assumed. Recommended if you haven't got it already.

LiK

It makes sense for people who only want one version of each character. I want a complete ESB shelf similar to the complete ANH shelf, so I'll be looking forward to the eventual ESB Vader from them, considering their ANH Vader was already leagues better than the Sideshow Vader released not that long ago and being rereleased pretty soon.

yea, I also want to pose the right version of Vader against Bespin Luke

yea, I also want to pose the right version of Vader against Bespin Luke

Did you get Bespin Luke already? So many people passed on him and now the aftermarket prices are ridiculous. So glad I got mine when I did, one of my first HT purchases.

LiK

Did you get Bespin Luke already? So many people passed on him and now the aftermarket prices are ridiculous. So glad I got mine when I did, one of my first HT purchases.

yea, still MIB! SS exclusive! I'm kinda surprised how much he goes for now. was thinking of selling him but I prefer his face sculpt over the ANH Luke. not sure if a newer ESB Luke will look as good.

HT Bespin Luke is just OK to me. I do like the ANH version a bit. The only other Luke I'll get is Jedi and I think I'm set. I MIGHT bite at an X-Wing outfit, but I dunno.

Kylo Ren has arrived.
Very happy with it.

that's hot, you still have space for one or two more 1/6 figures =)

this is my collection of metal build gundams (they're technically figures)
i think?
posted them in the gundam thread but nobody there seems to collect them but more into model building =)

but seriously, nice hot toys=) ok, let me get out of your hairs.

that's hot, you still have space for one or two more 1/6 figures =)

this is my collection of metal build gundams (they're technically figures)
i think?
posted them in the gundam thread but nobody there seems to collect them but more into model building =)

but seriously, nice hot toys=) ok, let me get out of your hairs.

You have some assembling to do! I have Leia preordered and she will go with Luke and R2. I have Rey and BB8 preordered and she will go with Kylo. Finn will go on another shelf and I'll figure out something with him so he is not alone. They need to announce Poe or old Han.

Actually, I think Finn, Rey/BB8 will go together and Kylo will go somewhere else. I need another Detolf. Lol.

Boke1879

Does anyone here have the Figuarts Kylo Ren? How is it? Kinda in a predicament.

Have a friend giving me $200 for absolutely no reason. I want the ESB Boba Fett hot toy but I kinda want the Figuarts Ren.

Messi

Does anyone here have the Figuarts Kylo Ren? How is it? Kinda in a predicament.

Have a friend giving me $200 for absolutely no reason. I want the ESB Boba Fett hot toy but I kinda want the Figuarts Ren.

Or Hot Toys Kylo, no?

Boba is a bitch.

Changed it up a bit. Wanted Kylo with the FO trooper and top shelf.

qNEleVZ.jpg

5uygToJ.jpg

Very subtle but I slightly leaned the trooper back but remaining professional in reaction to Kylo saber and force move. He is like "Holy shit".

Changed it up a bit. Wanted Kylo with the FO trooper and top shelf.
Very subtle but I slightly leaned the trooper back but remaining professional in reaction to Kylo saber and force move. He is like "Holy shit".

oh cool, you moved things around, looks good =) yeah, i need some detolfs myself but don't have room =\.

This may be a bit of a boring / adult thing to bring up, maybe this isn't the place for it, but does any one have their collection insured?

Based on some of the photos of collections here there are many people with sizeable collections and probably worth quite a bit both in terms of sentimentality and tangible/actual value.

This may be a bit of a boring / adult thing to bring up, maybe this isn't the place for it, but does any one have their collection insured?

Based on some of the photos of collections here there are many people with sizeable collections and probably worth quite a bit both in terms of sentimentality and tangible/actual value.

My home insurance policy would cover everything I own.

Messi

I had to insure my collectibles and original art separate from the rest. Also I wasnt willing to risk owning 6-7000 worth of art and figures and not have them insured. That is crazy talk.

I had to insure my collectibles and original art separate from the rest. Also I wasnt willing to risk owning 6-7000 worth of art and figures and not have them insured. That is crazy talk.

What's the ballpark cost of getting insurance like that? What does it cover and what doesn't it cover?

Top Bottom