• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

That and there's a 1/4 Darth Vader too.

Here's a close up pretty sure we posted pics from the last Hot Toys convention
12524181_1085386961494855_4765632216501365898_n.jpg

Well, I think I don't need that Widow after getting the Winter Soldier one and the Age of Ultron one. So saving a bit of cash there. Not much different other than the hair.

Drayco21

I happened to stroll through the toy section at Walmart today and saw my first Black Series Rey in the wild. I thought the Black Series was supposed to be pretty good but that Rey looked rather poor to me. I should say that the Kylo Ren that was there as well was pretty great.

Like every Hasbro figure that isn't wearing a mask, the overly thick paint apps on Rey ruin a pretty good looking sculpt.

LosDaddie

Banned
Lemme just say...that IF Rey comes with a saber that doesn't light up then those promo pictures are some bullshit because that lighsaber is lit up and neon as fuck. I would see it as false advertising.

So Hot Toys revised their Rey update to clarify that the lightsaber does NOT light up. I'm very bummed about it. Total bullshots they posted.

But my daughter didn't care. She still wants the Rey & BB8 set.

LosDaddie

Banned
|Hot Toys upcoming release catalogue

Looks like we're getting a 1/6 Batmobile from Dawn of Justice, pretty sure they've abandoned the 66 Batmobile though.
12573016_1085382134828671_6753936816801398275_n.jpg

All current Civil War figs
11251206_1085382268161991_7975492918337524646_n.jpg

Three Batman figures and no Wonder Woman. That's lame. But my wallet will thank me. I was planning on getting an HT Wonder Woman figure for my sister for her birthday.

Also, no Black Panther figure for Civil War

dankir

Three Batman figures and no Wonder Woman. That's lame. But my wallet will thank me. I was planning on getting an HT Wonder Woman figure for my sister for her birthday.

Also, no Black Panther figure for Civil War

Dude, we're 1000000% getting a BP figure, I'm sure Disney decides when figures get revealed ultimately. There's going to be a spidey figure and all and of course there will be a new wonder woman figure.

Messi

They just haven't revealed the hot toys for Black Panther, Civil War Ant Man and a few others from that movie. Same goes for Wonder Woman. You guys are nuts if you think she isn't getting a figure for that movie and her own.

No way they'll skip out on Wonder Woman and BP. They're showcasing the figures that were easy to push out first. Civil War figures are pretty much a 90% rehash from Age of Ultron.

dankir

No way they'll skip out on Wonder Woman and BP. They're showcasing the figures that were easy to push out first. Civil War figures are pretty much a 90% rehash from Age of Ultron.

Yup, that's also why we're only getting a PP Mark 46 and not a full Diecast IM just yet. They're so many figures planned for this year already.

I'm 100% sure we'll the reveal of BP and WW within 2 - 3 weeks of the movies hitting theaters. Kind of like with Star Wars, they didn't unveil Rey or Finn up until a few weeks prior to 12/18/15.

I'm hoping that we get a new Civil War trailer during super bowl and we see some Spidey and BP.

jackdoe

The Vision Hot Toy is interesting since his Age of Ultron figure hasn't yet released. But his Civil War incarnation looks to be exactly the same thing. Are they going to repackage the same figure twice, with the only difference being accessories (no Thor's hammer) and a different base?

The Vision Hot Toy is interesting since his Age of Ultron figure hasn't yet released. But his Civil War incarnation looks to be exactly the same thing. Are they going to repackage the same figure twice, with the only difference being accessories (no Thor's hammer) and a different base?
Either they rerelease it with some fancy base and some random accessories or they don't one for Civil War. He looks EXACTLY the same.

With the other characters they have costume changes from one movie to the next but that's not the case for Vision.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Finally just said fuck it, and ordered the Batfleck figure from BBTS instead of Sideshow since I can't get my credit card to work on their stupid site.

Also realized over the weekend, that I'm going to sell all my Avengers Hot Toys. I've never displayed them (don't have the space) and am more of a Batman fan than Avengers.

LiK

And? Just have a little patience, if you're not interested in a year then you probably don't want it that much anyways.

yeesh, what crawled up your butt? we can't be a lil bummed that we need to wait a long time for a figure we want from Hot Toys? chill out.

yeesh, what crawled up your butt? we can't be a lil bummed that we need to wait a long time for a figure we want from Hot Toys? chill out.
Um, I don't think anything I said was rude, so don't know why I need to "chill out," but okay. I'm sorry if I offended you somehow.

LiK

Um, nothing I said was rude or anything, don't know why I need to "chill out," but okay.

But while I am on the subject, I do find the impatience of collectors to be quite remarkable. You'll get your toys when they're ready, why would you want them rushed out the door?

no one's asking anyone to rush anything out. not really sure where you're getting that from here. we're just saying we want that figure now like with every other figure not announced or shown yet. ya know, like how we also want a HT Poe figure too. that doesn't mean we can't say we want them now for discussion.

no one's asking anyone to rush anything out. not really sure where you're getting that from here. we're just saying we want that figure now like with every other figure not announced or shown yet. ya know, like how we also want a HT Poe figure too. that doesn't mean we can't say we want them now for discussion.
I was speaking of collectors in general, but I edited my post and removed the part you quoted before you responded because I didn't want to carry on this discussion since you seem offended, and it certainly wasn't my intention to do so.

LiK

I was speaking of collectors in general, but I edited my post and removed the part you quoted before you responded because I didn't want to carry on this discussion since you seem offended, and it certainly wasn't my intention to do so.

alright, cool. i'll drop it as well.

S.H.Figuarts Hulkbuster has released.

Looking good. Had mine paid off a few months ago. If only it was in a window box. Too afraid I might break it!

Will have to keep mark 1St Feb down in my diary then if that's when the next SHF stuff is going by up.

In other news, there are some new kid's Logic Street Fighter toys. Not a fan of them myself. Just gonna keep waiting until Figma or SHF have their turn...

Top Bottom