• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

DemiMatt

Might be interested in Hawkeye & Falcon from Civil War. Been waiting to purchase those two for the right costume.

I really love the new Vision pics, I was really hesitant on buying him, might wait and see if there are some cheaper Civil War versions in the second hand market.

Also for those who collect Hot Toys, do you own any SH Figuarts? I was thinking of selling my Hot toys to buy them because of the variety of figures & more importantly the poseability! However the sculpts are a bit lacking and I'm not sure how they look on a shelf compared to Hot Toys.

Any of you guys collect both?

Messi

Might be interested in Hawkeye & Falcon from Civil War. Been waiting to purchase those two for the right costume.

I really love the new Vision pics, I was really hesitant on buying him, might wait and see if there are some cheaper Civil War versions in the second hand market.

Also for those who collect Hot Toys, do you own any SH Figuarts? I was thinking of selling my Hot toys to buy them because of the variety of figures & more importantly the poseability! However the sculpts are a bit lacking and I'm not sure how they look on a shelf compared to Hot Toys.

Any of you guys collect both?

I don't think they stack up at all standing next to Hot Toys . But they are significantly cheaper. I think the posablity is fine for hot toys and you can do 90% of the movie poses with the figures depending on the costume (Black Widow is bad in this regard but Captain Marvel is awesome)

DemiMatt

I don't think they stack up at all standing next to Hot Toys . But they are significantly cheaper. I think the posablity is fine for hot toys and you can do 90% of the movie poses with the figures depending on the costume (Black Widow is bad in this regard but Captain Marvel is awesome)

Those movie poses are super appealing. I feel while the costumes of Hot Toys have gotten better over the years they restrict the posing like crazy.

So, got my Hot Toys Luke but it seems he was never given a hook on his belt to hold the lightsaber, this was something I noticed immediately upon taking him out of the box. I checked the box to see if it was floating around since the hook for his monocular or whatever that is is fine and present (and it should be identical to the missing hook). I emailed Sideshow last week and again this week as a follow up. Silence. Think I'm going to have to give them a call. This is bullshit but then again I feel like I'm an ass for such a small piece missing from this Hot Toy. Then again, its a freakin Hot Toy and if I'm dropping that coin, I want my figure to be perfect.

Messi

So, got my Hot Toys Luke but it seems he was never given a hook on his belt to hold the lightsaber, this was something I noticed immediately upon taking him out of the box. I checked the box to see if it was floating around since the hook for his monocular or whatever that is is fine and present (and it should be identical to the missing hook). I emailed Sideshow last week and again this week as a follow up. Silence. Think I'm going to have to give them a call. This is bullshit but then again I feel like I'm an ass for such a small piece missing from this Hot Toy. Then again, its a freakin Hot Toy and if I'm dropping that coin, I want my figure to be perfect.

You are not an ass for requesting that you get everything in the box that just cost you 200-250$.

More shots of SH Hulkbuster. Some really nice articulation and poses.

876de023.jpg

897f6661.jpg

32ad0161.jpg

f066b62e.jpg

99b44400.jpg

a50a931d.jpg

8dd4348d.jpg

c961fb7a.jpg

f8297316.jpg

2e41a943.jpg

2f4665d7.jpg

362bdeb5.jpg

f222d89a.jpg

03df0771.jpg

My Hot toys Kylo shipped yesterday and will arrive today (Wed). The perks of being 30-40min from sideshow.

Finally putting some hot toys up on eBay. Bane and Selina Kyle. I think Jack Sparrow will be next. Sad to see them go but I honestly never even displayed them. Marvel and Star Wars have always been a bigger thing to me so hopefully I can put this money towards Han/Chewie hot toys at a decent price. And maybe even some towards a figuarts Hulkbuster after seeing those pics above!

Boke1879

Can't wait to see you guys post the hot toys Kylo Ren. Hopefully next month I can join the Hot Toys family. Getting the 1/6th ESB Boba Fett that's releasing soon.

Waiting for BBTS to notify me of when they're getting Kylo. They'd been on top of shipping at the same time as Sideshow but they seem to be a little late this time. Oh well, I refuse to pay NRDs.

LiK

Waiting for BBTS to notify me of when they're getting Kylo. They'd been on top of shipping at the same time as Sideshow but they seem to be a little late this time. Oh well, I refuse to pay NRDs.

NRDs really turned me off from preordering from SS day one. they used to only do that for FlexPay but now even ordering at full price includes it. Really lame especially since BBTS has the same figures for the same prices.

NRDs really turned me off from preordering from SS day one. they used to only do that for FlexPay but now even ordering at full price includes it. Really lame especially since BBTS has the same figures for the same prices.

It used to be the NRDs were $300+ items, then it dropped to $250, and I think it's $220 now. I like being flexible, and Sideshow doesn't, so I order from BBTS for the majority of the items I'm not 100% on.

It used to be the NRDs were $300+ items, then it dropped to $250, and I think it's $220 now. I like being flexible, and Sideshow doesn't, so I order from BBTS for the majority of the items I'm not 100% on.

BBTS started doing NRD's for some things. The new Red Sonja Premium Format required a $150 NRD.

dankir

Honestly not sure how you guys aren't surprised that more distibutors are making NRD a requirement. Everybody is cancelling orders! People PO 2 years in advance and when it comes around to paying the are caught off guard and can't afford to pay the seller.

LiK

Honestly not sure how you guys aren't surprised that more distibutors are making NRD a requirement. Everybody is cancelling orders! People PO 2 years in advance and when it comes around to paying the are caught off guard and can't afford to pay the seller.

seems to be a Western thing. Japanese sellers just won't let you cancel if they can help it.

dankir

seems to be a Western thing. Japanese sellers just won't let you cancel if they can help it.

Well you'll lose your deposit now in most cases. Hot Toys are only going to get more expensive from now on. So yeah... pretty NRD will be the standard for everything.

I prefer them to be honest, just less to pay later on.

LiK

Well you'll lose your deposit now in most cases. Hot Toys are only going to get more expensive from now on. So yeah... pretty NRD will be the standard for everything.

I prefer them to be honest, just less to pay later on.

I hate it if I find it cheaper somewhere else and lose money from canceling. I'm glad BBTS hasn't done NRD for Hot Toys.

Can you find discounts for Hot Toys pre-orders? I always assumed everyone had them for the same price.
You'll occasionally find someone trying to undercut the competition, but it shouldn't be too common. Sideshow has a pretty tight leash on their distributed stuff, including Hot Toys outside of Asia, specifically so you don't have businesses undercutting each other.

Bloodember

Can you find discounts for Hot Toys pre-orders? I always assumed everyone had them for the same price.

You'll occasionally find someone trying to undercut the competition, but it shouldn't be too common. Sideshow has a pretty tight leash on their distributed stuff, including Hot Toys outside of Asia, specifically so you don't have businesses undercutting each other.

Sideshow gives their distributor's a low that they cannot go under, but they can go as high as they want. This is what I was told anyway.

$196 USD in Hong Kong. Sideshow will probably be $230-$250

--------------------------------------------------

“Tell me, do you bleed? You will.”

The epic confrontation between Batman and Superman will finally hit the silver screen this March in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice! After witnessing the chaos Superman can brought upon Earth, Bruce Wayne is determined to stop the Kryptonian and donned his heavily armored Batsuit to take on the powerful Superman in this “greatest gladiator match in the history of the world”!

Following the official introduction of Batman and Superman, Hot Toys is very excited to present today, the 1/6th scale collectible figure of Armored Batman!

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Ben Affleck as Armored Batman from the film. It features a newly developed armored head with LED light-up eyes and two interchangeable lower faces capturing Ben Affleck’s facial expressions, meticulously crafted armor with weathering effects, detailed Batman weapons, and a specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand.

Don’t miss the opportunity to add this incredible Armored Batman collectible figure to your Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice collection!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Like every Hasbro figure that isn't wearing a mask, the overly thick paint apps on Rey ruin a pretty good looking sculpt.

Damn, that repaint is nice.
There's updated paint for Rey in the latest shipments that looks better than the original but it's still too thick. There's a partial resculpt and improved hood for Kylo, too.

joined the sideshow wait list for Han and Marty McFly.

anyone know how the wait list works? any success?

I had one rejection with an early Iron Man Hot toy and one success with the recent Deadpool (specifically the exclusive with Headpool).

I've been on the list for Han and Chewie for a month now. Not holding my breath at this point.

GunFalcon

I had one rejection with an early Iron Man Hot toy and one success with the recent Deadpool (specifically the exclusive with Headpool).

I've been on the list for Han and Chewie for a month now. Not holding my breath at this point.

Interesting how the Han and Chewie pack is up for wait list again despite not filling previous orders like yours..

I just hope my wait list goes through relatively soon.

Hupsel

Ugh I have one week to decide between the zelda twilight princess 299usd action figure or the zero suit samus pvc figure. Samus is also expensive since its sold out in a lot of places it seems its being sold for 200 on amazon. I love them both... But zss is probably too expensive comsidering the original price and The Zelda one will fill my entire bagagge for when I go back to Brazil lol

Anyone know where I can get a figuarts Hulkbuster minus the recent $100-150 mark up? I only really ever buy my figuarts from HLJ, Amiami or Nippon yassan and NY also marked theirs up by $150

Edit. Friend just found one on loopsza.com. Can't find any reviews on this site. Any of action figure had familiar? Thx

Top Bottom