• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hmmm. It's what? A foot tall? Probably forced EMS shipping. I'mma say 4-5k JPY shipping on the high end. Maybe a bit less.

Ah. Yikes. That's pretty much what I was expecting, but still, yikes. It was already borderline too expensive, but yeah, that pushes it over the edge. I'll think about it a bit more, but I think I'll probably have to pass... :(
It's so damn cool though.

And I mean, for nearing $200, I'd rather spend about twice that and just go BIG and get an X-Plux Gigantic Godzilla.

I'm still so sad that the X-Plus Gigantic GMK will never be mine... I swear, if I ever found it for $450ish, I'd buy it instantly.

Kipp

...Just found some X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 2000s for $390.
Why am I so tempted.

Ah. Yikes. That's pretty much what I was expecting, but still, yikes. It was already borderline too expensive, but yeah, that pushes it over the edge. I'll think about it a bit more, but I think I'll probably have to pass... :(
It's so damn cool though.

And I mean, for nearing $200, I'd rather spend about twice that and just go BIG and get an X-Plux Gigantic Godzilla.

I had a package last year I paid about $100 shipping on. That Gozilla would probably be closer to being between 3.5 and 4k shipping. 4k JPY at the current exchange rate is $34. You know you want that G-Zilla.

Any new Street Fighter V figures?

none announced from what I know.

Just a 1/6 Necalli and a 1/4 Nash from PopCultureShock so far.

Snaku

Banned
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much shipping would be from AmiAmi for this item?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...x-plus+godzilla$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I've never ordered anything from AmiAmi before so I have no idea what to expect. I want to order it, but if shipping is too outrageous I'll have to pass.

I'd actually recommend ordering from Hobby Search when it comes to larger figures like X-Plus. I had duplicate orders for the X-Plus Destoroyah on AmiAmi and Hobby Search. While AmiAmi was selling him for basically $5 cheaper, they tried to charge me $40 more than Hobby Search for shipping. I asked them why and they basically gave me a non-answer. They just tried to price gouge me on shipping. Never again.

That's also a pretty decent price for Gigantic G2K, though you could probably get a better deal on him on the X-Plus collectors groups on Facebook. Great community, and they don't try to rip each other off. Bit of a wait to get approved though.

I'd actually recommend ordering from Hobby Search when it comes to larger figures like X-Plus. I had duplicate orders for the X-Plus Destoroyah on AmiAmi and Hobby Search. While AmiAmi was selling him for basically $5 cheaper, they tried to charge me $40 more than Hobby Search for shipping. I asked them why and they basically gave me a non-answer. They just tried to price gouge me on shipping. Never again.

I also noticed the vast price differences is shipping costs when I switched to using Hobbysearch and HLJ as my main sources. I think the reason being that AmiAmi uses oversized boxes and puts 40lbs. of packing paper in there with the figures. They usually have a good 5" between the inside wall of the box and your items. It seems a bit overzealous, as in the 4 years I've been buying figures, I've only had a hole in the side of an AmiAmi box once.

Any new Street Fighter V figures?

Nothing yet. Still waiting on what comes from some prototypes that were shown last year, though. If those make it, then I would expect them to be SFV branded.

Not to sound like a broken record, but SHF or Figma have got to do them. Fei Long is already available to both...that is, just reskin the Bruce Lee, heh. But seriously, I really think they could nail an Alpha or SFIII style range. Would be in for Ryu (I need a good Ryu for once!), Yun and Yang, Ryu, Karin and Guy for sure.

Kipp

That's also a pretty decent price for Gigantic G2K, though you could probably get a better deal on him on the X-Plus collectors groups on Facebook. Great community, and they don't try to rip each other off. Bit of a wait to get approved though.

Thanks for both of those recommendations!

Snaku

Banned
I'm still so sad that the X-Plus Gigantic GMK will never be mine... I swear, if I ever found it for $450ish, I'd buy it instantly.

The Gigantic GMK has popped up on the Facebook group once or twice for $400-500 in the last year. There's also been talk that the Gigantic GMK and Burning Goji will be among the reissues coming to America next year from Diamond, so it might be cheaper to wait on that.

If you need something to hold you over till then, the new Yuji Sakai X-Plus 30cm series GMK is due for release on Feb 10. Sakai also sculpts the Gigantics, so you can expect the same quality.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10363735

Most import sites seemed to have closed preorders, but you should be able to get one when he's released. Or you can wait for Flossie's Gifts to get theirs in.

Thanks for both of those recommendations!

Heh, I'm just an X-Plus enabler.

Edit: Someone on the Facebook group is selling the Gigantic G2K for $325 shipped.

Kipp

The Gigantic GMK has popped up on the Facebook group once or twice for $400-500 in the last year. There's also been talk that the Gigantic GMK and Burning Goji will be among the reissues coming to America next year from Diamond, so it might be cheaper to wait on that.

If you need something to hold you over till then, the new Yuji Sakai X-Plus 30cm series GMK is due for release on Feb 10. Sakai also sculpts the Gigantics, so you can expect the same quality.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10363735

Most import sites seemed to have closed preorders, but you should be able to get one when he's released. Or you can wait for Flossie's Gifts to get theirs in.

Heh, I'm just an X-Plus enabler.

Edit: Someone on the Facebook group is selling the Gigantic G2K for $325 shipped.

I'd be so happy if they reissued GMK. I want that thing desperately.

And oh my goodness... I want that G2K.

Once I buy my own house, I will get one of these X-Plus Gigantics without a doubt for my living room coffee table. Right now my only hesitation is that I have nowhere to put it. Haha

paolo11

Nothing yet. Still waiting on what comes from some prototypes that were shown last year, though. If those make it, then I would expect them to be SFV branded.

Not to sound like a broken record, but SHF or Figma have got to do them. Fei Long is already available to both...that is, just reskin the Bruce Lee, heh. But seriously, I really think they could nail an Alpha or SFIII style range. Would be in for Ryu (I need a good Ryu for once!), Yun and Yang, Ryu, Karin and Guy for sure.

Play Arts are cool too. I like what they did on Cloud AC.

MGSV shown in their 2016 catalog so fingers crossed they get at least 1 figure out.

12661746_220349678304497_4900072653100024540_n.jpg

Sweet. Curious if they do his desert fatigues or the sneaking suit.

And Suicide Squad. Oh man, totally getting a HT Harley!
Would love the default outfit + sneaking. Honestly I'd be fine if they just get a figure out for this line. It's a shame they treat their video game line like crap. So much money to be made if they would give the line a bit more attention.

Boke1879

Would love the default outfit + sneaking. Honestly I'd be fine if they just get a figure out for this line. It's a shame they treat their video game line like crap. So much money to be made if they would give the line a bit more attention.

Especially the Metal Gear games. I'm sure the community shells out cash. They'd make a shit ton of money off of it.

Play Arts are cool too. I like what they did on Cloud AC.

Partly because it's Cloud. Almost all FF is fine. Their third party and Eidos stuff just looks less quality, generally (and personally) with a few exceptions like some Batman. Their SF range was a complete pass for me. Just found them ugly and chunky, but it doesn't help the game has an ugly and chunky direction too soo... Sota may have faired better with articulation as a bonus.

The new stuff from some other people did look kinda interesting but it's been quiet. Saw them on toyark some time ago if you're interested in seeing.

Edit: Pop-culture shock are doing new figs
http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/27/update-on-pcs-street-fighter-16-scale-figures-171243

Kipp

Guys...
A guy would sell me both the X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla GMK and the X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 2000 for $800.
I am so so so tempted.

oh, i remembered, though most of my stuff is Macross 1/60 valks and metal build gundams that don't really fit in the action figure category,
i have something that belongs here:
fO4Dwan.jpg

it's been sitting sealed in a box as i have no room to display it (also didn't buy kaneda figure, didn't like his face)

i really want the hottoys back to the future II car, but prob just going to sit in a box like this if i do take the plunge =\

Sushigod7

oh, i remembered, though most of my stuff is Macross 1/60 valks and metal build gundams that don't really fit in the action figure category,
fO4Dwan.jpg

it's been sitting sealed in a box as i have no room to display it (also didn't buy kaneda figure, didn't like his face)

i really want the hottoys back to the future II car, but prob just going to sit in a box like this if i do take the plunge =\

Man super jelly over those nice!

Fjordson

fO4Dwan.jpg

Whoa whoa. Mad jealous over this!

Top Bottom