• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Rootbeer

Banned
Lot of great stuff shown off. As usual i'm all in for anything nintendo, marvel, dc, mega man, disney...

Those mega man figures are smaller than what I'm used to but it looks like they plan on releasing LOTS of characters, so that has me very interested. I'm more willing to jump into a new line like that if I know they have ambitious plans for it.

Zombine

Banned
I don't use AmiAmi that often anymore. They're really not as customer-friendly as they used to be. I generally go for either Hobbysearch or HLJ.

Yeah, I just tend to go there and lock things in. I think I have things lined up all the way to September. That's prior to these announcements.

Megahouse didn't reveal any One Piece figures last night. Fuck off.

aZV67oq.jpg

Wanderer5

Kind of glad that I develop bit of a picky mindset when collecting these figures.:p I sacrificed quite a few figures that I wanted and kept things low key for the most part heh.

Beth Cyra

Fewture/Art Storm is rereleasing the EX Gokin Shin Getter with some slight changes in its color scheme and new accesories. It's an amazing toy and anyone who loves super robots/diecast toys should get it.

egg01.jpg

Also, looks like Raideen is still coming. Can't wait for it.
More Shin Getter? Even as a rerelease this drives me nuts.

F that noise, already to many of them.

If the wanted Getter it shoukd have been Neo Getter 1 or Shin Dragon with legs.

NEO0MJ

More Shin Getter? Even as a rerelease this drives me nuts.

F that noise, already to many of them.

If the wanted Getter it shoukd have been Neo Getter 1 or Shin Dragon with legs.

Fewture are very slow with their releases so don't expect that any time soon.

I think the only modern release of the Shin Dragon only comes with the giant dragon lower body. As for Neo Getter, there was an old Aoshima toy but yeah it's not very popular in general and doesn't get many toys.

Hagi

:O

ceJCr8K.jpg

AmiAmi have a no cancellation policy, and from what I've heard they can get a bit awkward f you want to cancel something and kinda only do it under special circumstances.

Yeah it was a bit awkward but they were nice enough to cancel the order for me. Guess if you explain it in nice enough terms(beg) they will do it for you. Think I might move over to Hobby Search though just for the ease.

Deadpool should be cool hopefully it comes out in the next 3 years. :p

Yeah it was a bit awkward but they were nice enough to cancel the order for me. Guess if you explain it in nice enough terms(beg) they will do it for you. Think I might move over to Hobby Search though just for the ease.

HLJ are a good bet, their customer service is pretty good.

Yeah hopefully we're not waiting as long for Deadpool as we have for Zero Suit Samus :p

anyone have any experience cancelling orders on amiami? After seeing Force Awakens a few times buying Phasma just isn't really something I want to do any more so I want to cancel my figuarts preorder. I have some other preorders already so it would suck if they nuked my account for what should be a pretty simple request.

They will cancel if you've spent a good amount of money on them, they don't want to lose a paying customer. Don't push your luck though.

Hobbysearch is about the same in terms of the no-cancellation policy, though they do let you cancel an order yourself within 4-5 days of placing the order. But HLJ seems to be the only shop that gives you total control of managing your own orders. You pay a bit more at HLJ, but it seems well worth it considering the freedom they grant you and the unpredictable nature of figure release dates.

They will cancel if you've spent a good amount of money on them, they don't want to lose a paying customer. Don't push your luck though.

They're kind of unpredictable at times. I'd been shopping with them for a few years by the time I'd say we'd mutually gotten tired of each other. Eventually they cancelled all my orders (which was what I wanted at that point anyway) but they didn't ban my account or anything. Which is good, because I had to use them for that exclusive swimsuit Lala figure from Alter.

Seeing that Jet Set Radio Beat figure makes me want a high quality Ulala figure from Space Channel 5. Lately figures I've been wishing to be made are suddenly being made
(Figma Elsa, Arthur from GnG, Figuarts Winter Soldier to name a few)

Maybe I have as super power and don't know it yet. Oh god, who do I wish for next?

anyone have any experience cancelling orders on amiami? After seeing Force Awakens a few times buying Phasma just isn't really something I want to do any more so I want to cancel my figuarts preorder. I have some other preorders already so it would suck if they nuked my account for what should be a pretty simple request.

Hobbysearch is about the same in terms of the no-cancellation policy, though they do let you cancel an order yourself within 4-5 days of placing the order. But HLJ seems to be the only shop that gives you total control of managing your own orders. You pay a bit more at HLJ, but it seems well worth it considering the freedom they grant you and the unpredictable nature of figure release dates.

They're kind of unpredictable at times. I'd been shopping with them for a few years by the time I'd say we'd mutually gotten tired of each other. Eventually they cancelled all my orders (which was what I wanted at that point anyway) but they didn't ban my account or anything. Which is good, because I had to use them for that exclusive swimsuit Lala figure from Alter.
there's a loophole to cancel @ amiami

What's HLJ like for UK customers? I can't remember if I ever actually used them one time years ago. They lock you in, payment up front, customs, packaging? Any perks? they don't grab exclusives like NY do they?

What's HLJ like for UK customers? I can't remember if I ever actually used them one time years ago. They lock you in, payment up front, customs, packaging? Any perks? they don't grab exclusives like NY do they?

After you place your order, you can cancel at any point up to the time you get a payment request, which is when they actually have the item on-hand. They also offer something called a private warehouse, where after paying for an item, they'll let you store it with them for up to 60 days in the event another item you want is coming out, so you can have them shipped together to save on shipping costs. HLJ doesn't carry exclusives, and you do pay a little bit more per item than other shops, most likely due to the convenience of having so much control over your account.

They've been my main shop for about six months now, though I still use Hobbysearch and N-Y sometimes, too.

in terms of customs, hlj won't declare low or as a gift in case for those who get taxed import duties. NY is an advantage there.

edit:
Megazone 23 Garland by
EX Alloy (unpainted resin shown last year)
h2EAPT1.jpg

deim0s

Quick question: Any information on who is Union Creative/Vulcanlog? Are they just a brand for Kaiyodo or Revoltech?

Hagi

Quick question: Any information on who is Union Creative/Vulcanlog? Are they just a brand for Kaiyodo or Revoltech?

According to their site they are a company who creates figures for other companies like Sentinel, Kaiyodo, Medicos etc. The vulcanlong revoltech line is a joint production with Kaiyodo.

Only figure I have from Union Creative is Kat from Gravity Rush. She looks pretty good, but on the whole, UC is very hit-or-miss in the quality department. I've seen a few figures from them that are downright terrible.

Just got my Minato and Bruce Lee.

Word of note, Minato can suffer from ugly hair, so if you're able to pick one up I suggest you look at him in person. I ordered 2 and got one damn good looking one, the other, almost bootleg looking.

Ignore quality of photo but the bangs are nice and sharp up top.

Gotta pay customs on my HulkBuster I think. Bit of a shame, but I shouldn't be too surprised.

Just got my Minato and Bruce Lee.

Word of note, Minato can suffer from ugly hair, so if you're able to pick one up I suggest you look at him in person. I ordered 2 and got one damn good looking one, the other, almost bootleg looking.

Ignore quality of photo but the bangs are nice and sharp up top.

Gotta pay customs on my HulkBuster I think. Bit of a shame, but I shouldn't be too surprised.

Where are you from? I've seen people post about paying customs and have never had to do that, I assumed its always tacked on in the shipping. I'm in the US btw and I missed my delivery on my Figuarts Hulkbuster today :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I was at Walmart and found the new Tomy 5" Machamp figure! Don't think he's supposed to be out yet. I've always really liked toys with extra arms to pose (like Ashuraman from Kinnikuman who has an upcoming Figuarts), and I've always wanted a quality Machamp figure...win/win! Just in time for Pokkén Tournament too.

Click below for the full album:
DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE 'CHAMP IS COOKIN'

Where are you from? I've seen people post about paying customs and have never had to do that, I assumed its always tacked on in the shipping. I'm in the US btw and I missed my delivery on my Figuarts Hulkbuster today :(

The UK. It's a typical thing here. Anything over £18 or so can be charged extra. It can be avoided, but generally if it comes through a courier you get stung, alongside their crappy handling fees.

NY have shf Leo and Donnie up. 7000yen+ seems high?

I was at Walmart and found the new Tomy 5" Machamp figure! Don't think he's supposed to be out yet. I've always really liked toys with extra arms to pose (like Ashuraman from Kinnikuman who has an upcoming Figuarts), and I've always wanted a quality Machamp figure...win/win! Just in time for Pokkén Tournament too.

Click below for the full album:
DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE 'CHAMP IS COOKIN'

Can I get a comparison with D-Arts Charizard?

Top Bottom