• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

JLynn

The body sculpts on the TMNT Figuarts are fantastic.

Those head sculpts, though. Leo and Ralph are the same and Mikey and Donnie are the same. If each was unique and express each Turtles' personality, I would buy those in a heartbeat.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It appears those are old pics somebody on my feed linked to, they totally have different awesome faces and alt heads now!

Sold.

Love the fact the initial belt buckles are slightly more accurate to the original pilot mini-series than any of the Playmates Animated versions. I wonder if Bluefin will redistribute them to the West.

Nice!!! Would prefer Figuarts but this will do. Awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an SHF Movie Deadpool.

Geez, when was the last time we got Figmas and SHFs of the same character? The only one that comes to mind is Kamen Rider Ryuki/Dragon Knight

My Figuarts Hulkbuster came today. No one could vouch for Loopaza Mega Store so I took a chance and they delivered. literally delivered one of the most awesome action figures I have had the pleasure to own.

I can't wait for the Hot Toys one now, holy cow.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well then. This is a must get. Awesome pics, dude.

Do you have an instagram account I can follow?

I know! Really cool figure. I don't have an Instagram, but I've been thinking of starting a toy blog or something. Usually just post my pics here. :p

Geez, when was the last time we got Figmas and SHFs of the same character? The only one that comes to mind is Kamen Rider Ryuki/Dragon Knight

I guess the Marvel stuff is best comparison, even if the movie license itself is different. Figma and SHF did Avengers, so I wouldn't be too surprised if SHF also do Deadpool. But I want Spider-Man...like, really, really badly!

Couple more images of Minato.

12558645_816112945184982_1269157752_n.jpg

12716646_243790725952067_175106513_n.jpg

12716593_1687874711463434_497465457_n.jpg

Received the HT 1/4 Mark 43 today. The figure is an absolute beast. Can't look at the 1/6 version again due to how much better this looks in comparison.

24653206420_b95ebe0ab0_c.jpg

Replicant

Received the HT 1/4 Mark 43 today. The figure is an absolute beast. Can't look at the 1/6 version again due to how much better this looks in comparison.

I know they do it for authenticity but it really bothers me when I see an expensive figures looking all banged up like you've grazed it against some nail board.

I know they do it for authenticity but it really bothers me when I see an expensive figures looking all banged up like you've grazed it against some nail board.
I prefer the clean look myself but it seems they've been doing it on IM figures lately due to all the weathering the CGI models have in the movie. Would prefer they just give us separate battle damage pieces but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Replicant

I prefer the clean look myself but it seems they've been doing it on IM figures lately due to all the weathering the CGI models have in the movie. Would prefer they just give us separate battle damage pieces but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ugh. I haven't checked my Mark III Die Cast one (no detolf so) >_> but I hope he's not banged up like that.

JLynn

Does anybody know when Mattel will be releasing the new He-Man figures? I saw they redesigned them to look more like the cartoon. These are the answers to my longtime prayers.

Im afraid of that,got the Mk45 1/4 and 1/6 on order. Hopefully both can coexist,would hate to have to start dumping my whole 1/6 Ironman collection.

Replicant

Did I just miss this or did we forget it in the midst of WonFes blitz?

Iron Man Mark 46 from Hot Toys

fT6mn2Y.jpg

qtPuYVV.jpg

mHtZOYk.jpg

Moar pics:

Against my better judgment I pre-ordered this because Tony's line in the trailer,
"So was I"
, struck close to home. But I honestly don't need another Iron Man figure.

Looks awesome, but have avoided this series. Slippery slope as it is. Could make an exception for that...

Hulkbuster came through today. I'm not a huge Iron-Man fan but this toy is pretty impressive, from the detail in scultp, size, weight and even articulation for something so large. It's still limited, sure, but it's a giant robot, it probably wouldn't bend over backwards like a gymnast in real life, come on.

From the time I spent handling it, I was also impressed with its build quality. I was honestly a little scared something would snap, and if something snaps on this expensive thing, I'm obviously gonna cry like a little baby. Thankfully, it seems quite tough. Sturdy! Of course, one expects it for the price.

Strangely, one of my most liked parts are the articulated hands. I don't buy a ton of toys, so I find it nice to have articulated fingers. The last time I had a toy that had that was an original Red Power Ranger back when I was a boy!

I think for the right Iron-Man fan that can be talked into opening their wallet, this is a worthwhile piece. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm still pleased to have it, really. It's not bad, but you know, as a grown adult one has that annoying voice that says "You should know better than to splash £££ on toys!". I'm more pleased to have paid a lower price thanks to ordering early and the, at the time, Euro to £ rate.

I think my next figure is... Beerus, I think?

Rootbeer

Banned
Swamp Thing is $28MSRP for that scrawny thing? :(

I love swamp thing and try to support any figure they make of him. We'll see.

Just not one of my favorite interpretations. Looks like a corpse not like the hulking mass of moss and plant matter I love.

Boke1879

Hi, Penguin from Comics-GAF.

Just stopping by because no idea where else to post and wanted to talk about, but DC has announced a few new toys/lines

And first, it's insane that Harley Quinn has gotten popular enough to get her own line of action figures.

10-harley-quinn-dolls.w529.h352.jpg

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/harley-quinn-action-figures.html

And then more toys from BTAS/TNBA series

635907784664560365-Batman-Beyond.jpg

635907784572207773-BTAS-AF-35-Girls-Night.jpg

635907781041125138-BTAS-AF-37-Holiday-Joker.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/02/11/exclusive-batman-animated-toy-line/80222456/

I seriously want all of these.

dankir

Hot toys Ant man has been released. Also we didn't talk about Mark 46 because it's a power pose figure which are ass. Real die-cast next year for sure.

12715958_811784838947212_4151200089846790721_o.jpg

My two Phasmas shipped from CDJapan. Also ordered all the remaining BTAS stuff I needed from BTAS, because DCC impressed the hell out of me with their announcements yesterday.

SeanC

My two Phasmas shipped from CDJapan. Also ordered all the remaining BTAS stuff I needed from BTAS, because DCC impressed the hell out of me with their announcements yesterday.

Same. Going right next to my Kylo and Skywalker Figuarts.

I'm hoping we get Han and Chewie Figuarts this year. Been very happy with the line.

Top Bottom