• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I recently picked up a Kids Logic Megatron because it was on sale, and I have to say, its pretty impressive.

24509223253_cbc1673e87_c.jpg

24840421750_2ab6725074_c.jpg

I also like that the his arm cannon actually lights up and spins like he is getting ready to fire it at someone..

There are some minor issues I have with it and that is every piece armor can be removed and because of that, some pieces can fall off if you touch them the wrong way... the biggest culprit of this is his helmet. Not sure why that will not stay on...

If I had to pay full price for this ($140), I would probably have passed, but for $74.99, it was a good buy!

I have several of those and yeah I always have problems with pieces falling off. Particularly the leg armor. Aside from that, they're pretty great.

Fox Mulder

Woo!
Got my Figuarts Red Armored Mighty Morphin Power Ranger! Super rad.

I ordered the Black Ranger and the special Power Ranger Tamashii stands too pretty much immediately after opening the Red Ranger.

I was thinking of getting a few of those, but my faves are pricey. I just went with figuarts daft punk instead.

Thanks guys! A couple hours after I posted that they sent me a confirmation email so I was luckily able to make it in before they were all gone. :)

As a general question has anyone ever ordered from Gecco before? I'm having trouble getting my EMS tracking number to work and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on them. Hoping I didn't order from someplace I shouldn't have lol.

Every time I ship an item using EMS, it takes a few hours before it shows up on the tracking site. The email containing the EMS says to wait about 24 hours. Nonetheless I think the EMS tracking number should be showing up for you now, based on my previous experiences.

Received Marvels Legends Ghost Rider the other day.

N1HGYX3.jpg

2F3092y.jpg

0qMFJem.jpg

4yDL2tV.jpg

Really cool looking figure. I love the sculpt and paint -- especially his flaming skull! I wish he came with a chain (other than the one around him) or his motorcycle, like some of the older figures did. The lack of accessories hampers what you can do with him a bit. I might spring for a small chain just to add to him. His waist initially didn't want to twist at all, so I had to force it a bit. His right arm still doesn't extend to the side easily like it should. Other than those rather small issues, I'm super happy with him.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Apologies for the potato quality, but I am SO STOKED about these new stands I got! So many amazing poses I can do now! Also really happy about my Black Ranger figure that came in. And still loving my Red Ranger fig as well. Haha
But yeah, the stands are just awesome. They grip the figures better than I thought they would too! Those figs aren't going anywhere.

Received Marvels Legends Ghost Rider the other day.

N1HGYX3.jpg

2F3092y.jpg

0qMFJem.jpg

4yDL2tV.jpg

Really cool looking figure. I love the sculpt and paint -- especially his flaming skull! I wish he came with a chain (other than the one around him) or his motorcycle, like some of the older figures did. The lack of accessories hampers what you can do with him a bit. I might spring for a small chain just to add to him. His waist initially didn't want to twist at all, so I had to force it a bit. His right arm still doesn't extend to the side easily like it should. Other than those rather small issues, I'm super happy with him.
Awesome pics! I wonder if there are any toy motorcycles that are an in scale with him?

Awesome pics! I wonder if there are any toy motorcycles that are an in scale with him?

Thank you. There are a couple other Marvel Legends that come with motorcycles. The other Ghost Rider figures all do, but they're too expensive to buy just for a motorcycle. Blade has one, but unfortunately it doesn't have wheels of fire.

Thank you. There are a couple other Marvel Legends that come with motorcycles. The other Ghost Rider figures all do, but they're too expensive to buy just for a motorcycle. Blade has one, but unfortunately it doesn't have wheels of fire.

There might be some fairly cheap model kits in 1/12 scale that could work?

Just picked him up from the UPS store on my lunch. Didn't take the platic protection off but looked him over and I'm really impressed with the quality of this piece. My third SSC piece and by far the best. The joints are tight like HT, the armor is not loose at all and the detail is amazing. Here is a simple pic with the plast still on. Very stiff. I'll put him into some other poses tonight and post them.

9dsPhU3.jpg

Vidiot

So as far as marvel legends MCU goes they've announced Scarlett Witch, a Cap repaint, Ironmans newest armor, Black Panther, Falcon, Bucky, and War Machine mk3 with a repainted armor. I'm honestly pretty surprised Vision hasn't been announced yet. I recently bought a 6 inch Vision from China on ebay and did a repaint on it. I have it with my other MCU figures until we get an official one.

So Sideshow sent me a whole new belt for my farmboy Luke Hot Toy. Took about a month if only because of the time between correspondences, but I'm happy. So cool of them to accommodate and not make me take a hammer to my Luke for a new one. That would be devastating to me haha.

Just picked him up from the UPS store on my lunch. Didn't take the platic protection off but looked him over and I'm really impressed with the quality of this piece. My third SSC piece and by far the best. The joints are tight like HT, the armor is not loose at all and the detail is amazing. Here is a simple pic with the plast still on. Very stiff. I'll put him into some other poses tonight and post them.

9dsPhU3.jpg

Ugh they still didn't fix that vest. I have the original release and I can't wait to replace it with an ESB HT Boba figure.

Messi

So Sideshow sent me a whole new belt for my farmboy Luke Hot Toy. Took about a month if only because of the time between correspondences, but I'm happy. So cool of them to accommodate and not make me take a hammer to my Luke for a new one. That would be devastating to me haha.

Yeah they are good about that kind of stuff.

1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: ANH - Leia has released in HK

Best likeness out of their SW license so far. She looks great.

she looks so real with the episode 4 attitude on her face, i can imagine her saying: "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

and those Fett pics are nice!

Any good Black Panther figures out there?

Besides the upcoming Civil War version, there's these two:

Sentinel Series

BlackPanther01.jpg

Rocket Raccoon Series

BlackPanther01.jpg

I don't own either, but they both seem to be good figures. Even though I get what they were trying to do, the Rocket one is a little too blue.

SeanC

Leia's not too bad, great face. I'm a fan of her Hoth outfit and hairstyle myself, though. So it'll probably be a pass I think. I know the buns are iconic but I've never liked the outfit in Hope. Of course, if I had the money I'd buy everything, outfit be damned.

Didn't Hot Toys re-issue a new facesculpt/head for the New Hope Han Solo? I never liked it. Nothing's beat the Obi Wan and Luke likenesses, though.

So um does anyone here actually have the newer Eva-00 figure? Got mine today and its right leg is bent at a really weird angle, but I cannot seem to tell if it's supposed to or not, because the plastic shows a ton of stress when I bend it back, and it's not a super soft material. Don't want to send it back for another through Amazon if they're all supposed to be like that.

Rootbeer

Banned
Civil War Black Panther looks the best. Can't wait to get him.

The only other Black Panther I have is the Rocket Raccoon series one, pictured a bit up.

I mean, it's pretty good in that it gets the classic look across. But it's also very basic looking. I like the more ornate MCU version.

LiK

So um does anyone here actually have the newer Eva-00 figure? Got mine today and its right leg is bent at a really weird angle, but I cannot seem to tell if it's supposed to or not, because the plastic shows a ton of stress when I bend it back, and it's not a super soft material. Don't want to send it back for another through Amazon if they're all supposed to be like that.

tried looking at pics on MFC? I'm sure someone has a gallery up there.

Beth Cyra

I recently picked up a Kids Logic Megatron because it was on sale, and I have to say, its pretty impressive.

24509223253_cbc1673e87_c.jpg

24840421750_2ab6725074_c.jpg

I also like that the his arm cannon actually lights up and spins like he is getting ready to fire it at someone..

There are some minor issues I have with it and that is every piece armor can be removed and because of that, some pieces can fall off if you touch them the wrong way... the biggest culprit of this is his helmet. Not sure why that will not stay on...

If I had to pay full price for this ($140), I would probably have passed, but for $74.99, it was a good buy!

I bought their Ultra Magnus the other day and from everything Ive heard its mold isnt as good as Megatron but I still hope it ends up being great :)

I hope to get Megs next to go with Magnus.

I received Marvel Legends Series 4 Punisher yesterday. Of course I had to take some Mike Zeck inspired pictures!

gR1pFVt.jpg

uT9DjZI.jpg

4rgY5WZ.jpg

x43oWWS.jpg

7WSeDCz.jpg

UWpjzmj.jpg

tj2udSJ.jpg

EwHfa8q.jpg

I pulled the trigger on this version right after I saw the upcoming Marvel Legends bandanna Punisher. I wasn't crazy about that look, so I looked at some of the older figures. Series 4 just has a better sculpt and look than the more recent ones. Unfortunately he can't look up and he has trouble holding his guns with his right hand. I also would have liked more guns. Frank should come with a veritable Hello Kitty duffel bag full of guns. Except Frank never forgets them in the taxi! Other than those tiny nitpicks, I think this is an awesome figure. Really happy with him. He makes a wonderful addition to my growing army of grim. dark and gritty Marvel Legends.

Top Bottom