• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

While looking for retro games at a Salvation Army the other day i found this Neca Jill Valentine for 5 bucks. I do like the original Resident Evil game, but i'm still not the biggest fan of the series. So i'm kind of regretting buying it even though its was so cheap. It included the box and all her accessories. Still a cool find none the less at a thrift store though.
Nrg7VMt.jpg

TZL6UbP.jpg

mC39jDA.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gaaah. Where is my Revoltech Stitch...
It said 7-10 days for shipping and it's been 11 days. I declare this an outrage.

While looking for retro games at a Salvation Army the other day i found this Neca Jill Valentine for 5 bucks. I do like the original Resident Evil game, but i'm still not the biggest fan of the series. So i'm kind of regretting buying it even though its was so cheap. It included the box and all her accessories. Still a cool find none the less at a thrift store though.

Need this Jill so bad but she always goes pretty high.

Nendoroid Pokémon Trainer Red: Champion Ver. sold out on Amazon, and no longer listed on Pokemon Center.

Yikes. Exactly why with stuff like this, I buy first and decide if I want it later (especially considering there were no buying limits in this case). I'm kind of annoyed that the Pokemon Center charged my card already when it isn't supposed to ship until May.

Yikes. Exactly why with stuff like this, I buy first and decide if I want it later (especially considering there were no buying limits in this case). I'm kind of annoyed that the Pokemon Center charged my card already when it isn't supposed to ship until May.

I don't know if that's an accurate date. I went through Amazon.com so I haven't been charged. But yeah. That no limit thing makes you wonder how many people picked up 20 to make a killing off of them afterwards.

Hey guys what do you think of these "not for sale" Freddy vs Jason Mezco figures (found them here in Japan):

fqmcfXC.jpg

Are they interesting/valuable? Can't really find many examples of them on eBay.

dankir

Just paid off my Hot toys 1/4 Mark 43. Total cost with shipping in Canadian: Seven hundred thirty six dollars...... fucking balls.

At least the CAD is on its way up now!

Recently released at the Disney store.

12556071_1639697756290720_405394936_n.jpg

I've always been a fan of Diamond Select's figures, it's just a shame they don't have the variety of Hasbro's Legends line. I'd kill for more female Marvel Select figures. Maybe a Wasp, Rogue or Kitty Pryde. Hell, even Spider-Gwen(they only have a statue of her, same with Rogue). Not saying to go all out, cause the sculpting would take time, but, maybe something more than "yet another" Spider-Man figure.

Of course, Legends reuses body molds, though I'd probably be more forgiving on them if they took more time with the head sculpts and painting detail.

LiK

wow, just discovered AmiAmi fucked up one of my orders and didn't include one figure with it even tho they were supposed to be shipped together. Kinda pissed. Emailed them.

Zombine

Banned
I had ample time to pick up Red Champion, but ultimately I decided against it. I already have the regular release, and that $100 price tag was way too much for me.

man, AmiAmi wants pics of the box and receipt but I already tossed them cuz it's recycling week. i dunno what to do now, guess I'm screwed.

This is my biggest issue with Ami, their customer service sucks. Can't cancel, and replacements are a pain to get.

Zombine

Banned
I'm going to have to let my current AmiAmi order run into cancellation. It's almost $300 and I placed it during a time when I was going wild with preorders. Now I know exactly what I'm into, and it isn't what I preordered. I can get SH Figuart Phasma for the same price I would pay fo EMS + MSRP elsewhere.

LiK

I'm going to have to let my current AmiAmi order run into cancellation. It's almost $300 and I placed it during a time when I was going wild with preorders. Now I know exactly what I'm into, and it isn't what I preordered. I can get SH Figuart Phasma for the same price I would pay fo EMS + MSRP elsewhere.

are you gonna try and cancel or just let the system do it? I never let a order go into cancellation on their own altho I sometimes forget to pay an order and get the final warning. I've slowed way down as well with preorders.

Zombine

Banned
are you gonna try and cancel or just let the system do it? I never let a order go into cancellation on their own altho I sometimes forget to pay an order and get the final warning. I've slowed way down as well with preorders.

I'm basically only getting Figma and SH Figuarts that I know I really want at this point. A few statues here and there but that's it.

In regards to cancellation, I'm just going to let it lapse.

LiK

I'm basically only getting Figma and SH Figuarts that I know I really want at this point. A few statues here and there but that's it.

In regards to cancellation, I'm just going to let it lapse.

ok, let me know if AmiAmi has a follow-up email after cancellation. kinda curious if they'll contact you about it. they make such a big deal about cancellations on their site to scare customers.

Vidiot

Made a couple of custom Zelda figures. They're far from perfect, but I'm pretty happy with them. Still have to make the swords though.

Zombine

Banned
ok, let me know if AmiAmi has a follow-up email after cancellation. kinda curious if they'll contact you about it. they make such a big deal about cancellations on their site to scare customers.

The follow up email just notifies you about cancellations. But honestly, fuck them if they freeze an account or whatever. It's probably a blessing in disguise if they did. I'd save a ton of cash each month lol.

LiK

The follow up email just notifies you about cancellations. But honestly, fuck them if they freeze an account or whatever. It's probably a blessing in disguise if they did. I'd save a ton of cash each month lol.

I've had that thought as well. plenty of other sites to buy from lol

Trickster

Guys I have a question regarding Sideshow and their premium format figures.

I found one I could potentially want if I have money for it. However it isn't expected to ship before november-january.

So I'm wondering how limited are they? How long before that expected shipping date should I order one if I actually want to get one?

Guys I have a question regarding Sideshow and their premium format figures.

I found one I could potentially want if I have money for it. However it isn't expected to ship before november-january.

So I'm wondering how limited are they? How long before that expected shipping date should I order one if I actually want to get one?

They usually don't decide edition sizes immediately. You'll usually see that pop up after pre-orders have been open for a bit. If you really really really want it, just order. If you're not sure, you can always order from another shop that carries them but allows cancellations, like BigBadToyStore or Entertainment Earth.

hey guys,

believe it or not. there's a loophole to cancel @ amiami 100% of the time without penalty. (opps, i think i already posted this) but since i don't post here regularly, i doubt my posts are credible enough at this point (but trust me there's a way)

the rule is never write to C.S. to cancel as 90% they'll let you cancel but there's a slight chance they may flag your account or will keep track of how many cancellations you do in the future. so be careful how many times you contact them.

anyways, i don't want to post it here as i'm not too credible at this point =)

This is my biggest issue with Ami, their customer service sucks. Can't cancel, and replacements are a pain to get.

I didn't think their CS was THAT bad considering they are a Japanese shop. Their original shipping label/invoice only policy is absurd, though, and thankfully they gave me a one-time exception to replace a missing part when I had an issue. As far as cancellations go, I'm more surprised when sites let me cancel at this point. I was shocked when I found I could cancel HLJ orders with zero hassle. They say in their policy page that they do not appreciate constant cancellations, but I haven't been able to find anyone who has actually been reprimanded for it.

I've cancelled so much shit from Ami it's hilarious. Eventually they stopped accepting cancellation requests, so I stopped paying. They cleaned all the orders out of my account but didn't ban me. I even bought a few things from them in the past month, but I don't pre-order from them anymore. I use HLJ or Hobbysearch for that. I just use Ami for the occasional pre-owned figure.

Zombine

Banned
hey guys,

believe it or not. there's a loophole to cancel @ amiami 100% of the time without penalty. (opps, i think i already posted this) but since i don't post here regularly, i doubt my posts are credible enough at this point (but trust me there's a way)

the rule is never write to C.S. to cancel as 90% they'll let you cancel but there's a slight chance they may flag your account or will keep track of how many cancellations you do in the future. so be careful how many times you contact them.

anyways, i don't want to post it here as i'm not too credible at this point =)

Does it involve chaos emeralds or moving trucks?

Top Bottom