• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SH-Figuarts-Black-Panther-Tease.jpg

SHF BP. Lookin' good!

There's also a Toys 'R Us 2-pack exclusive of Cap and Iron-Man. Guessing Nippon Yasan will try and get them.

NEO0MJ

Man, not only was the legacy Thunderzord really $200, there's still no sign of the Dragonzord reissue and it's now sitting at $350. This shit is fucking ridiculous.

Made a couple of custom Zelda figures. They're far from perfect, but I'm pretty happy with them. Still have to make the swords though.

Not bad at all. What'd you use as the base?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have all of those preordered, heh. Didn't know about First Gokin Shredder though. That's a must-buy for me. Their Krang is so good.
If I got all those, I think the only ones I'd really want to finish off the set would be the Revoltech Turtles and then I'd have all the turtles represented that I care about since I've got the NECA bootlegs already

Haven't seen the Shredder in a while, but I'm hoping this Krang reissue is them making sure the interest is still there. I've got the reissue preordered since I never got the original and the reissue has more diecast.

Replicant

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Missed out on SHF Ant-Man and Luke Ep IV at AmiAmi because I was too busy wallowing in sadness. Had to order Ant-Man from Amazon JP just to be on the safe side but will cancel if AmiAmi has more in stock. But I can't find Luke anywhere else. Ugh.

Zombine

Banned
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Missed out on SHF Ant-Man and Luke Ep IV at AmiAmi because I was too busy wallowing in sadness. Had to order Ant-Man from Amazon JP just to be on the safe side but will cancel if AmiAmi has more in stock. But I can't find Luke anywhere else. Ugh.

Dude WTF. What a bizarre ass release window. They have to be going back up...right? Normally it's overnight release and instant sell out, then they re-open at 6am est. There wasn't even a peep here so you know it was a weird drop.

Edit: FML...I really want Luke...I was knee deep in work at 2pm

Edit2: They didn't even make it to the best seller list, so there is a great chance they'll be back.

Figinstock notification for Luke, 5 min late already gone. Next time you magnificent bastard.

Figinstock notification for Ant-Man, Secured!

That Figuarts Panther looks good, but going to be real hard to top Ant-Man imo. Looks too slick. That pose they have Panther in looks like its due to limited articulation (we know that won't be the case though). I expect that kind of posing on a Legends figure.

Replicant

Dude WTF. What a bizarre ass release window. They have to be going back up...right? Normally it's overnight release and instant sell out, then they re-open at 6am est. There wasn't even a peep here so you know it was a weird drop.

Edit: FML...I really want Luke...I was knee deep in work at 2pm

Edit2: They didn't even make it to the best seller list, so there is a great chance they'll be back.

Tell me about it. Okay, this is partially my mistake. Normally after gym, I'd open up AmiAmi site on my mobile phone but due to the above situation, I didn't do it.

But normally they advertise in time via emails and such that so and so preorder will open soon. I must have missed that or never received any.

Watched a review of the Movie Realization Boba Fett. Yeah I'm gonna have to pick that figure up ASAP...

Anybody know where I can get one or is eBay my best option at this point?

Zombine

Banned
Tell me about it. Okay, this is partially my mistake. Normally after gym, I'd open up AmiAmi site on my mobile phone but due to the above situation, I didn't do it.

But normally they advertise in time via emails and such that so and so preorder will open soon. I must have missed that or never received any.

I mean, the good thing about these is that you will be able to get them, but I would have liked to not have to go through a third party.

Edit:

Like I said though, it's really weird. He didn't even make it to their top seller list. I'm still confident he'll get another drop like Ant-Man. They gave him a super small window.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
There's also a Toys 'R Us 2-pack exclusive of Cap and Iron-Man. Guessing Nippon Yasan will try and get them.

Nice! I don't have any Marvel (or superhero in general, for that matter) Figuarts, so this will be perfect for me. Will very likely get it. Unless this 2-pack ends up being super exclusive and sells for more than the two individual figures bought separately.

Nice! I don't have any Marvel (or superhero in general, for that matter) Figuarts, so this will be perfect for me. Will very likely get it. Unless this 2-pack ends up being super exclusive and sells for more than the two individual figures bought separately.

I'd recommend pre-ordering Cap and Iron Man for now, and then cancelling if you manage to snag the exclusive. The exclusive is around 11000yen+.

SH-Figuarts-Captain-America-Civil-War-TRU-Set-002.jpg

More details

@HazySaiyan, Nippon-Yasan have Realization Boba Fett for a little over 8000yen. I think that's roughly retail price.

Snaku

Banned

SH Figuarts Ultraman & Baltan coming in July and August to tie in with Ultraman's 50th anniversary. SHF Zetton has also been teased. I'm more of a statue kinda guy, but the city accessories have really sparked my interest in these. Seeing a lot of diorama potential here, and would love a display featuring SHF Ultraman vs Monsterarts Godzilla & Gamera. Tamashii also produced an excellent stop motion animated advertisement promoting these figures: https://youtu.be/xSEZgWbCIMM

Replicant

I just had a momentary lapse of insanity and bought Gokin Big O.

The buyer's remorse is starting to set in now. Ah well, at least it's a cool figurine. Rite?

NEO0MJ

I just had a momentary lapse of insanity and bought Gokin Big O.

The buyer's remorse is starting to set in now. Ah well, at least it's a cool figurine. Rite?

Oh man I'd love to have that. Only reason I don't is that I thought it was cancelled and picked up the SOC version instead. This thing was announced and then Max factory went silent about it for like 4 years.

Zombine

Banned
Luke is now showing up as Sold Out on ami ami. Legit one of the most bullshit tiny-window Star Wars figures I've seen so far. Pretty sure they only made like 10 figures in total. I have no hope for any of the other OT figures now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Pre ordered. Or so I thought since I got an out of stock, we're canceling your order email...

seriously? already sold out? i thought it would last way longer. Though I did see lots of people on facebook claiming they bought like 4 of them, so...

Well keep an eye on the listing they are sure to restock it, since they did it with the Kylo Ren version several times :(

seriously? already sold out? i thought it would last way longer. Though I did see lots of people on facebook claiming they bought like 4 of them, so...

Well keep an eye on the listing they are sure to restock it, since they did it with the Kylo Ren version several times :(

I'm wondering if its a bug ordering on mobile. I had to select shipping and they were all dates for next week.

I just tried again on the desktop site and so far so good...fingers crossed because I fucking hate KMart. Its such a depressing store to walk into.

Edit: That worked. Got the confirmation email.

Luke is now showing up as Sold Out on ami ami. Legit one of the most bullshit tiny-window Star Wars figures I've seen so far. Pretty sure they only made like 10 figures in total. I have no hope for any of the other OT figures now.

Nah. Shit just moves fast. Sometimes drops are pretty brutal.

Top Bottom