• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

LiK

hey guys,

believe it or not. there's a loophole to cancel @ amiami 100% of the time without penalty. (opps, i think i already posted this) but since i don't post here regularly, i doubt my posts are credible enough at this point (but trust me there's a way)

the rule is never write to C.S. to cancel as 90% they'll let you cancel but there's a slight chance they may flag your account or will keep track of how many cancellations you do in the future. so be careful how many times you contact them.

anyways, i don't want to post it here as i'm not too credible at this point =)

huh, so do you just let your orders cancel by themselves all the time? i've only written to them once to cancel something.

Does it involve chaos emeralds or moving trucks?
lol, i need to beat sonic, (just got a genesis)
huh, so do you just let your orders cancel by themselves all the time? i've only written to them once to cancel something.

yeah, it really works, we had certain members accounts suspended or had all their preorders dropped for constantly contacting amiami for canceling. some of the C.S. reps are really impulsive or threaten you for cancelling some just can you w/o warning. lol

i didn't want to post it unless you guys knew me well bc it sounds risky and i know plp dispute things over the internet.

but basically the system just releases your pre-orders back into the wild w/o penalty. i was really weary of doing this at first bc of their strict policy but when it was confirmed by several people on Macross World who i trust, i tried it several times and it works.

amiami also has the international site, jyp site and a storefront in Rakuten JYP (not the american buy.com)

and it works for all three. I order through Rakuten and international and let stuff drop all the time.

i know it's sorta sketchy but basically we're always order from them on pre-order night for bandai Macross stuff that just closes in 10 seconds thanks to scalpers, resellers, bots. b/c of the extreme limited pre order window, we're forced to take risks and order from them even though if it comes damaged, amiami won't do jack except rare occasions.

usually, a few hours later, hlj, anime export, nippon yasan opens and is sometimes cheaper. at this point, some people that want to cancel their order from amiami can't but this is the method we use.

just want to share a tip for pre-ordering at amiami for extremely limited pre-orders:
-disable the images/scripts in your broswer (you have to memorize where the pre-order button placement is). that way it loads faster and you're get an edge when the site is being hammered. the last thing is to check up a page on Rakuten to amiami as you get another backdoor in for pre-orders that go extremely fast.

anyways, i don't expect you to take my word for it especially if you have a lot of orders on hand so no worries.

LiK

lol, i need to beat sonic, (just got a genesis)

yeah, it really works, we had certain members accounts suspended or had all their preorders dropped for constantly contacting amiami for canceling. some of the C.S. reps are really impulsive or threaten you for cancelling some just can you w/o warning. lol

i didn't want to post it unless you guys knew me well bc it sounds risky and i know plp may dispute it things over the internet no matter what.

but basically the system just releases your pre-orders back into the wild w/o penalty. i was really weary of doing this at first bc of their strick policy but when it was confirmed by several people on Macross World who i trust, i tried it several times and it works.

amiami also has the international site, jyp site and a storefront in Rakuten JYP (not the american buy.com)

and it works for all three. I order through Rakuten and international and let stuff drop all the time.

i know it's sorta sketchy but basically, we're always on pre-order night for bandai Macross stuff that just closes in 10 seconds thanks to scalpers, resellers, bots. so we're forcef to order from them even though if it comes damage they won't do jack except rare occasions.

a few hours later, hlj, anime export, nippon yasan opens and is sometimes cheaper. at this point some people that want to cancel can't but this is the method we use.

just want to share a tip for pre-ordering at amiami for extremely limited pre-orders:
-disable the images/scripts in your broswer (you have to memorize where the pre-order button placement is). that way it loads faster and you're get an edge when the site is being hammered. the last thing is to check up a page on Rakuten to amiami as you get another backdoor in for pre-orders that go extremely fast.

anyways, i don't expect you to take my word for it especially if you have a lot of orders on hand so no worries.

yea, no prob. thanks for the advice. canceling is always a stressful thing with AmiAmi on GAF. if there's a really expensive item that i end up not being able to afford when it's released, i'll just it lapse. considering the size of their store, you'd think they would let you cancel on their site like HLJ. AmiAmi makes so much money off preowned crap anyways.

come to think of it, i did have ONE cheap item lapse by accident cuz i was on vacation and didn't check my emails often enough. i made the same joke in the past but if they do ban my account, there's plenty of other places to buy from.

Time to take out my Man-Thing.

mhQLZJy.jpg

YEw4uD6.jpg

LaiZRTu.jpg

csJbqqP.jpg

E998ffK.jpg

V7VOgF8.jpg

dankir

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FUCKING FINALLY!

12798889_979815155436053_6217101100014670312_n.jpg

12764326_10153347433382344_7234520618206729282_o.jpg

12795136_10153347433957344_239927501374346317_o.jpg

12764694_10153347434172344_7019175345235433029_o.jpg

I thought the body was off but its pretty damn close
drax-the-destroyer-380x415.jpg

LiK

Drax default head looks awful. does he come with alt head with more emotions? will need to buy anyway to complete my posse.

dankir

Drax default head looks awful. does he come with alt head with more emotions? will need to buy anyway to complete my posse.

Awful? It looks great

12778962_10153347434392344_1785491667506593063_o.jpg

Or do you mean the expression? I agree that HT needs to stop with these neutral expressions.

dankir

^ yea, there's no expression at all. i hate it. hopefully there's a head where he has an angry face.

Doubt it, DOFP Wolverine was the same. Incredible sculpt, emotionless face. You'll need to get a custom headsculpt made or something.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I bought/ordered the Hulkbuster wave of Marvel Legends from a few different places. $106 for the set of seven. Not bad. I mostly wanted the build-a-figure. Repainting it fits the theme of the model and craft projects I have going right now. I might do the Iron Man and War Machine in the wave too depending on how difficult they look when I get them. Black Series Captain Phasma has been a surprisingly big sanding and filling job, but at least there's no masking required.

Missed farmboy Luke. Not happy about that.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
mmm Luke and Ant-Man

Tonight was definitely a heavy hitter! Pretty much everything sold out everywhere. Even the Ultraman 50th set was just gone! Got mine of course.

Fuuuuuu, I am out of the country on vacation with the crappiest hotel Internet there is, on top of that I totally forgot Luke's preorders were starting today. I am totally late on this one.
But I already know how the availability curve for these Star Wars Figuarts is, they sell out on day one preorders and then around the last month before launch preorders start to popup everywhere again. That's how I got ROTJ Luke, OT Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren.
I'll play the waiting game again...

SHFiguart Luke and AntMan cheaper at hlj

Antman ¥4,930
https://www.hlj.com/product/BANN07423/Act

Luke ¥4,675 (sold out)
https://www.hlj.com/product/BANN05201/Act

Macross monster (sold out)
http://www.hlj.com/product/BANN05211

looks like hlj is kneecapping other jyp shops. and their shipping is always cheaper. (amiami is usually cheaper price but get you on higher shipping charges, hlj always cheap shipping + lower price = winner)

edit: pre order sold out of luke hlj as of 2:26pm EST
HLJ's customer service is really good too. They're my first port of call for imports.

LiK

First Gokin. They're a 3rd Party so they're not technically Shredder and Krang, but for all intents and purposes they are.

they look amazing! hope you guys can link up any preorders for them. I would like a Shredder and Krang figure that doesn't look like garbage for once.

dankir

This is a pic from Secret base, I wonder if he comes with both pairs of pants, it wasn't in the pics I posted earlier.

12512270_1146374568719967_4465280575234172011_n.jpg

I just want Yondu now from GotG now and I'll be happy.

They look more Shredder and Krang then 1st Party.
Guess because they're meant more for collectors they can make them look as good as possible. 3rd Party has been great for Transformers collectors, getting Masterpiece quality figures of characters that didn't/won't get official MP releases.

they look amazing! hope you guys can link up any preorders for them. I would like a Shredder and Krang figure that doesn't look like garbage for once.
Are they available online anywhere yet?

Krang is already out but I think I heard somewhere that he's getting a reissue. The only issue with these is that because they're third party you're not going to get them on HLJ or AmiAmi. You usually have to get stuff like this from Chinese sites or eBay, although when it comes to Transformers you can get stuff like this at BBTS, Kapow etc. Kapow has Shredder up for preorder.

LiK

Guess because they're meant more for collectors they can make them look as good as possible. 3rd Party has been great for Transformers collectors, getting Masterpiece quality figures of characters that didn't/won't get official MP releases.

Krang is already out but I think I heard somewhere that he's getting a reissue. The only issue with these is that because they're third party you're not going to get them on HLJ or AmiAmi. You usually have to get stuff like this from Chinese sites or eBay, although when it comes to Transformers you can get stuff like this at BBTS, Kapow etc. Kapow has Shredder up for preorder.

can you link us to Kapow? I found a UK store but search isn't showing Shredder for me.

LiK

Pretty good as far as I know, Krang is a little out of my usual price range unfortunately so I didn't buy him.

There's some reviews on YouTube if that helps. Vangelus for example is a good toy reviewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=685nGWTYfpk

great. looks like i'll preorder from TFS. seems like they're very similar to BBTS in terms of ordering and cancellation. they even have something called Stacking which is basically BBTS' Pile of Loot.

great. looks like i'll preorder from TFS. seems like they're very similar to BBTS in terms of ordering and cancellation. they even have something called Stacking which is basically BBTS' Pile of Loot.

Neat, hope it all goes smoothly. Post pics when you get it!

LiK

Neat, hope it all goes smoothly. Post pics when you get it!

yea, will do. thanks for all the help. been wanting a good Krang figure forever and he looks badass. hope TFS also get Shredder preorders up. 3rd party companies doing a better job than the licensed stuff.

yea, will do. thanks for all the help. been wanting a good Krang figure forever and he looks badass. hope TFS also get Shredder preorders up. 3rd party companies doing a better job than the licensed stuff.

Tell me about it! My Transformers collection wouldn't be the same without them!

Diggeh woke me up at 11:30 PM last night so I could see Drax and I ain't even mad. So glad to know my Guardians shelf will have a complete team finally.

Fuuuuuu. Pokemon hype had me forget about Luke and Ant-Man. Given how many restock alerts I get for Mace Windu and Cap, I don't feel left out...yet.

Time to replace those restock links with Luke and Ant-Man.

Also heres a list Ive been working on for Transformer Masterpiece online shops. All these shops are legit and have english.

TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE ONLINE SHOPS

DOMESTIC STORES (US):
Big Bad Toy Store
Captured Prey
Lunar Toy Store
TF Source
The Chosen Prime
Toy Arena
Toy Dojo

OVERSEAS STORES (ASIA):
Actionrobo
AmiAmi
Anime Export
Chimungmung
Ehobbybaseshop
Hobby Link Japan
Nippon Yassan
Locushk
Plamoya
Robot Kingdom
TF-Direct

OVERSEAS STORES (UK/EUROPE):
Kapow Toys
TFS-Express

OVERSEAS STORES (AUSTRALIA):
Premium Collectibles

Also heres a list Ive been working on for Transformer Masterpiece online shops. All these shops are legit and have english.

TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE ONLINE SHOPS

DOMESTIC STORES (US):
Big Bad Toy Store
Captured Prey
Lunar Toy Store
TF Source
The Chosen Prime
Toy Arena
Toy Dojo

OVERSEAS STORES (ASIA):
Actionrobo
AmiAmi
Anime Export
Chimungmung
Ehobbybaseshop
Hobby Link Japan
Nippon Yassan
Locushk
Plamoya
Robot Kingdom
TF-Direct

OVERSEAS STORES (UK/EUROPE):
Kapow Toys
TFS-Express

OVERSEAS STORES (AUSTRALIA):
Premium Collectibles
Will vouch for Kapow and TFS-Express. Have bought HasTak and 3rd Party transformers from both with no issues.

Top Bottom