• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

So I checked Nippon Yassan for Boba Fett and it turns out that with postage it actually ends up being more expensive than eBay.

No sure what to do now, I could either get it on eBay from Japan for about £60 or from an Amazon fulfilled seller for about £70.

Preorder. There's no way I'll ever get him
now cuz aftermarket prices are insane.

Nah, places will reopen as orders are cancelled. CDJapan have done this many, many times in the past, so just check there regularly. Don't bother with alerts, you'll be too late. You just have to check multiple times a day. Nearer release is a good time to check as people cancel or rejected.

A reissue seems likely too. ROJ Luke had one. It's a standard release so expect it. But I wanted count on too many reissues purely because it's a Disney license.

I still don't understand why people get so bonkers over that line. They're so tiny. I'm all about dat 1/6 life.
For me is space limitations at home, they are well articulated and have a much superior likeness than the black series and at least here in Canada price difference is not that much compared to the black series.

For me is space limitations at home, they are well articulated and have a much superior likeness than the black series and at least here in Canada price difference is not that much compared to the black series.

The likeness is simply a matter of manufacturer. Hasbro tries to make things as cost-effective as possible to be at a more affordable price-point. Bandai gives no fucks. They'll put the effort into the sculpt and then charge you for it. When I started importing figures from Japan, the increase in figure quality I saw over the vast majority of domestic pieces was astounding.

LiK

I'll see if I can get him again but it's hard when they post restocks at like 3AM my time or when I'm at work. Really annoying.

Zombine

Banned
I don't want to live in a world where SH Figuarts ANH is sold out, but some anime girl who is spread eagle is in the top 5 and readily available.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
He'll be rereleased again, bet on it.

The cancellation e-mail I got claims that the manufacturer told them there won't be any more made.

"We have also received word from the manufacturer that this item will not be reproduced or resupplied, and so we will not be able to acquire additional stock to fill your order."

With this, the more recent situation with farmboy Luke and my previous experience I'm done even thinking about Figuarts.

What's the crying for Luke's ANH? I missed pre-orders and I am pretty sure I'll get a pre-order on him close to release, all these SW Figuarts always sellout day one only to have more preorders available close to the month of release.
That's how I got Luke RoTJ, OT Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren, I am not even worried one bit, I'll score a pre-order on him probably from CD-Japan, those guys have never failed me.

How long till I get a Kirby in a fucking mech made? Preferably Figuarts.

image_zpsodqrcyer.jpeg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It would be cool if Good Smile made a Nendoroid version that you can put the Nendo Kirby into.

Kirby Ride Armor is something I never knew I wanted until the Direct today. They could easily make a Nendo version with the goggles for Kirby! In fact, they could probably just make a million accessory packs of all the power-ups because Kirby's magnetic an--

what have I done

Kirby Ride Armor is something I never knew I wanted until the Direct today. They could easily make a Nendo version with the goggles for Kirby! In fact, they could probably just make a million accessory packs of all the power-ups because Kirby's magnetic an--

what have I done

I'm in for all of it, haha.

Zombine

Banned

what have I done

I just wanted to say that you are the champion for all things fun, Diggeh. I backed you up in the funko thread in spirit in the OT.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, shucks! Thanks for the support! I'll never understand why GAF hates small collectibles so much. You'd think amiibo, POP! and Nendo were personally responsible for all the trouble in their lives. How dare people collect cute stylized figures! The nerve.

I just think that toys are awesome and fun and I like all the things and I need them all can't stop won't stop gotta dig it forever haters gonna hate never gonna break my stride AmiiboGAF FunkoGAF etc

Mz4oVxR.gif

I am definitely not planning to take over Action Figure GAF as well what are you talking about

Freezy pls

SeanC

That Funko thread was weird. People collect all kinds of stuff. If you don't get it...then you don't get it. I don't get Amiibo, I don't shit on Amiibo collectors. I don't get Vinyl Record collectors, same there. Do yo thang. People are just drawn to certain things.

I mean, I have a friend who collects everything Joker (Batman) related. Any figure, statue, book, comic...that character compels him. My mom collects first edition John Grisham novels also. I'm compelled to collecting Japanese RPGs (and some PC ones). I can't explain it, I like those games naturally, but I'm not even going to play half of them I own. It's a compulsion.

Now I'm getting into Star Wars figures. Some are Funko, others Figuarts, I have some Black Series stuffs, hopefully a Hot Toys soon. So when I see a thread about "I don't get why people collect such and such" I really just read "I don't get people."

LiK

That Funko thread was weird. People collect all kinds of stuff. If you don't get it...then you don't get it. I don't get Amiibo, I don't shit on Amiibo collectors. I don't get Vinyl Record collectors, same there. Do yo thang. People are just drawn to certain things.

I mean, I have a friend who collects everything Joker (Batman) related. Any figure, statue, book, comic...that character compels him. My mom collects first edition John Grisham novels also. I'm compelled to collecting Japanese RPGs (and some PC ones). I can't explain it, I like those games naturally, but I'm not even going to play half of them I own. It's a compulsion.

Now I'm getting into Star Wars figures. Some are Funko, others Figuarts, I have some Black Series stuffs, hopefully a Hot Toys soon. So when I see a thread about "I don't get why people collect such and such" I really just read "I don't get people."

there was a Funko Pop thread in OT that popped up and someone said Nendoroids were "dumb and ugly". that Gaffer didn't even like Funko Pop so it wasn't like he was defending them either. uh yea, thanks for contributing to the thread.

SeanC

there was a Funko Pop thread in OT that popped up and someone said Nendoroids were "dumb and ugly". that Gaffer didn't even like Funko Pop so it wasn't like he was defending them either. uh yea, thanks for contributing to the thread.

Right, that's the thread I saw. Didn't understand all the comments in there "Dumb stuff" - lots of people collect dumb stuff, but it's not dumb to them.

I still don't understand why people get so bonkers over that line. They're so tiny. I'm all about dat 1/6 life.

I kinda like them because they are smaller really. And way better looking then larger ones, and generally have great articulation. As a whole package, they suit my desires well.

I just think that toys are awesome and fun and I like all the things and I need them all can't stop won't stop gotta dig it forever haters gonna hate never gonna break my stride AmiiboGAF FunkoGAF etc

Mz4oVxR.gif

You know what figure is awesome? D-Arts Charizard.

I am definitely not planning to take over Action Figure GAF as well what are you talking about

Freezy pls

It's rightfully mine considering I'm the only one with stuff in the OT back off little Diggeh.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's rightfully mine considering I'm the only one with stuff in the OT back off little Diggeh.

Do you run any major communities like AmiiboGAF and FunkoGAF I think not little Haloid

YOUR D-ARTS CHARIZARD WON'T WORK ON ME OH NO IT'S WORKING ON ME CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Zombine

Banned
I love ROTJ Luke and his gigantic sparkly head.

I have yet to be able to take a picture of the dude without making him look like Big Head Mode in Goldeneye.

Cptkrush

My Revoltech Stitch still hasn't arrived...

:(

I ordered a Mayfex Vader from Amazon in January, apparently they shipped it SAL, and it still hasn't arrived. So I'm in the same boat. Seller refunded me and said "maybe it'll show up, maybe it won't" lol.

Zombine

Banned
Lol AmiAmi can fuck right off. Spoke to them about my order and how I would like to pull Phasma and only pay for her, this is there response:

AmiAmi said:
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

aparisi2274

My MP-28, Hot Rodimus was delivered today:

24905057523_dee0c596b4_b.jpg

Have to say... I really like dealing with Ami Ami. Shipping was what I would pay if I had ordered from Amazon Japan and had my friend ship to me, so I will be using these guys again, for sure!

Top Bottom