• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Zombine

Banned
My MP-28, Hot Rodimus was delivered today:

24905057523_dee0c596b4_b.jpg

Have to say... I really like dealing with Ami Ami. Shipping was what I would pay if I had ordered from Amazon Japan and had my friend ship to me, so I will be using these guys again, for sure!

Brother got him. He's a nice figure. Ami Ami on the other hand is pretty garbage. Everyone thinks they're great till you start dealing with them more frequently. You can't cancel preorders.

Brother got him. He's a nice figure. Ami Ami on the other hand is pretty garbage. Everyone thinks they're great till you start dealing with them more frequently. You can't cancel preorders.

You can if you buy a lot from them, but as it goes on they start getting less and less friendly. I think they're somewhat in denial about the modern realities of retail.

Anyone know where I could find a Marvel Legend Spider Gwen that isn't ridiculously high or is Ebay going to end up being my best bet?

NEO0MJ

Can't believe I'm actually considering getting the Legacy Thunder Megazord despite the ridiculous price. What's wrong with me?

NEO0MJ

Your Id is overriding sound judgement.

Probably. I mean as much as I love the Thunder Megazord it just feels too much of a sham. a few years ago $200 gave you the SOC God Mars, a large and amazingly detailed die-cast masterpiece. While this looks really nice it comes no where near that.
I think the only thing bugging me is that I know it will probably sell out. But at the same time I don't want to feel like i'm being held hostage.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woohoohoo! Speak of the devil! My Revoltech Stitch just arrived and it is AMAZING. Anyone who enjoys Lilo & Stitch or just likes Stitch's character design absolutely needs this figure. It's the greatest. You can articulate him into so many different emotions, it's incredible.

Also pretty damn good timing, since it arrived on my birthday
and it was the only thing I got on my birthday since the only thing my parents got me was only ordered a couple of days ago and won't arrive for another few days...

I think the only thing bugging me is that I know it will probably sell out. But at the same time I don't want to feel like i'm being held hostage.

How much do you want it? If you won't pay the asking price, a bunch of other people will, and the seller knows this.

My MP-28, Hot Rodimus was delivered today:

24905057523_dee0c596b4_b.jpg

Have to say... I really like dealing with Ami Ami. Shipping was what I would pay if I had ordered from Amazon Japan and had my friend ship to me, so I will be using these guys again, for sure!

Mine came in the other day, it's a really fun transformation and the articulation is insane. I don't think I've ever seen a Transformer with an ab crunch before.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Heh. Rodimus was where Transformers lost me.

Cool Hot Rod. I liked him when I was little, but didn't care for when he became Rodimus Prime.

Fresh off his big movie announcement, Marvel Legends Venom came swinging into my collection.

2b6q3N3.jpg

bgiln03.jpg

0OHHB84.jpg

NJEMbax.jpg

fQ5u8SB.jpg

qKKmT4R.jpg

The articulation is really great, though I do wish he hand finger articulation in his opened hands. The white paint on him is clean and sharp. I do have a couple of minor complaints. Since they tried to capture the classic look, I wish they had gone bigger with the teeth. Give us that classic McFarlane smile that's all teeth. I also dislike his ankles and feet. The ankles are too thick and make him feel like he's wearing boots. The toes don't help, since they're rounded and not pointy like a bare foot. Like I said. Minor complaints. Overall, I'm happy with the figure, especially since he's more classic Venom and not the veiny, hulking later incarnations of the character. Now I need a Spiderman and Carnage to go along with him.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The closed jaw one is McFarlane all the way.

aparisi2274

Pretty sure most import shops will not allow you to cancel a preorder. I had to try and cancel a preorder with Play-Asia, and they wanted my life story as to why I needed to cancel.

I am only really going to use Ami Ami for when I want to pre-order a Masterpiece Transformer.

NEO0MJ

How much do you want it? If you won't pay the asking price, a bunch of other people will, and the seller knows this.

Yeah. I'm really curious about the price hike, though. I mean sure the Dragonzord is now super expensive but neither the Megazord or the Tigerzord have any supply constraints and while the Thunder Megazord is a completely new mold unlike the Megazord the price of a core is $70 and I doubt the other pieces are worth $130, especially since it's a bundle.

Anyone know how much the Nendoroid set of Pokemon Red and Green retailed for? I believe it was a Japanese Amazon exclusive. Browsing eBay. I honestly would rather have that than the champion ver. Hoping I could trade someone if it's about the same price retailed.

LiK

Anyone know how much the Nendoroid set of Pokemon Red and Green retailed for? I believe it was a Japanese Amazon exclusive. Browsing eBay. I honestly would rather have that than the champion ver. Hoping I could trade someone if it's about the same price retailed.

8100 yen

NEO0MJ

So I just found out about the Riobot Mazinkaiser from Sentinel. It looks really good and comes with so many goodies, but ouch at that $260 price tag on amiami. Much more expensive than that Blodia I picked up a year ago.

image.jpg

So I just found out about the Riobot Mazinkaiser from Sentinel. It looks really good and comes with so many goodies, but ouch at that $260 price tag on amiami. Much more expensive than that Blodia I picked up a year ago.

image.jpg
Beautiful but too expensive, at least for me.

Replicant

image.jpg

He looks sexy though. Can you really ignore that hot piece of plastic? He he he

LiK

Riobots are highly detailed and well sculpted but i wish they used higher quality plastic. I own two Riobots and I think they could do better.

Riobots are highly detailed and well sculpted but i wish they used higher quality plastic. I own two Riobots and I think they could do better.

Who are you? you remind me of one our regular posters but with something different, I can't quite tell what the difference is thou...

LiK

Who are you? you remind me of one our regular posters but with something different, I can't quite tell what the difference is thou...

i changed my avy over the weekend. lol

if you don't remember my username, there's nothing i can do.

i was Mikasa

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That sweet Xenoblade X Skell model kit is finally up for preorder!
AmiAmi
HLJ

Wnyp4HY.jpg

I really want it but I'm no good at custom model kit painting and such. I got the Kotobukiya Metabee and that wasn't very difficult to make, but I have a feeling the Skell will require actual skill.

NEO0MJ

Beautiful but too expensive, at least for me.

I still think it's worth the cost more than the Thunder Megazord, lol. I just wish in was an inch or so taller.

He looks sexy though. Can you really ignore that hot piece of plastic? He he he

Wrong! The entire upper body, calf, and feet are made of die-cast!

i changed my avy over the weekend. lol

if you don't remember my username, there's nothing i can do.

i was Mikasa

I like the new avatar better.

why eBay? Amazon Japan has them up for preorder atm. Tenso does Amazon Japan right?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01C5F12CC/

They do but I'm in a dilemma with giving them my credentials. Current address doesn't match my drivers license and I'm moving soon so I'm not going to update it. Having done the math and having funds sitting in my PayPal since I sold my Hot toys Bane, I went the eBay route. I'm only paying $15 more than I would importing. It was a good deal unless the seller cancels on me.

1upsuper

Could someone suggest a fun Transformers toy for someone who hasn't been into the franchise for well over a decade? I just started taking notice of all the high end masterpiece and third party bots and a lot of them look neat. I don't know much about the universe or have any attachment to the characters, but I'm looking for a cool desk piece that's fun to play with and has an engaging transformation. Preferably no more than ~$100. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Could someone suggest a fun Transformers toy for someone who hasn't been into the franchise for well over a decade? I just started taking notice of all the high end masterpiece and third party bots and a lot of them look neat. I don't know much about the universe or have any attachment to the characters, but I'm looking for a cool desk piece that's fun to play with and has an engaging transformation. Preferably no more than ~$100. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

I'd recommend Transformers Generations Springer, it's a really fun toy (what with it being a Triple Changer), has 3 cool modes and it'll only set you back about $20. Would look great on a desk.

TAJ

The Combiner Wars stuff is pretty cool and is under that price when the sets first come out. They don't get expensive as fast as Masterpiece. Like the Aerialbots/Superion set is at your budget if you shop very, very hard and the Combaticons/Bruticus set can still be put together in separate purchases across different stores for around $110 total or maybe even less.

This is the assembled Superion. The combined figure is 11 3/4" tall.
http://postimage.org/app.php

I got my fist combiner, Defensor, my local toy store had these on 50% sale, bought the whole set all at once. really like it, so big and just amazing to look at with my other big-ish toys. articulation is limited since it's so big and heavy, but it's okay, just need to settle to some cool pose and it'll stay on my display shelf.

P1u1ZMM.jpg

Top Bottom