• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Tom_Cody

Metal Build Red Frame @ CDJapan
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-163488

$167.19 USD
Please let me know if this appears anywhere again. I feel very stupid now for not grabbing it when I had the chance (or two chances actually). It said there were 7 remaining in inventory as recently as 2 days ago and then it just jumped to empty when I checked today.

There is a place on my shelf that is feeling very naked right about now.

ohkay

Please let me know if this appears anywhere again. I feel very stupid now for not grabbing it when I had the chance (or two chances actually). It said there were 7 remaining in inventory as recently as 2 days ago and then it just jumped to empty when I checked today.

There is a place on my shelf that is feeling very naked right about now.
It's still available on bbts

Niiiiiice! Ordered.

I had actually checked BigBadToyStore right when I made my post and it was listed as sold out. They must have just updated their stock.

Now I just need to hunt down the Flight Unit...

MB Exia just opened @ 7pm EST (i don't want to post a link public bc a friend who tipped me off asked me not to. he had inside knowledge from a worker of a site. it's really limited (so far the pre-orders been very low count per store)

edit: it sold out :/ apologies.... was going to pm

if i find another source i'll pm you

Tom_Cody

MB Exia just opened @ 7pm EST (i don't want to post a link public bc a friend who tipped me off asked me not to. he had inside knowledge from a worker of a site. it's really limited (so far the pre-orders been very low count per store)

Thanks man.

Welp, after years of sitting on the side lines and being tempted I am finally jumping on the Hot Toys train.

Ordered a 1/6th Briareos and New Hope Luke and I have the ROTJ Boba on pre-order. Sorely tempted to put together a full EP4 crew with all the upcoming New Hope figures, just don't know if I want to spend all that money.

My Leia ships this week which will be the final piece of my ANH shelf. It looks awesome and I'd say go for it if you can afford it.

Also, jumped on the wait list for last week's two promo figures at Sideshow and already got a conversion. So I guess since I'm getting a Scarlet Witch I need to grab Vision at some point.

I can already see it, $4.2 K for the first movie.

I'm most afraid for when the Infinity War films drop :(
YOU GET A HOT TOYS FIGURE! YOU GET A HOT TOYS FIGURE!

EVERYBODY GETS A HOT TOYS FIGURE!

13001039_1355964261086809_4376047219726527835_n.jpg

I am so excited about my purchase:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=297390

yeah, i can't wait till i ship mine with a bunch of other stuff @ hlj. i'm waiting for one more thing at the end of the month and ship it out.

i've been looking around for a flight unit for you.... it's so freakin marked up now, the lowest i seen is amazon for about 120 =/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177DRS7U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

damn the prices on some of these Metal Builds go up fast...

HI-METAL R VF-1S STRIKE VALKYRIE ROY FOCKER
releasing now:

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't own a single Hot Toys figure and my wallet thanks me. You won't break me, AFG!

Haloid if you quote this post I will tell Toy LINEGAF of your misdeeds

I don't own a single Hot Toys figure and my wallet thanks me. You won't break me, AFG!

Haloid if you quote this post I will tell Toy LINEGAF of your misdeeds

And that is why you lose.

Anyway, man I hate Age of Ultron as a film but that figure is absolutely amazing. Might have to pick it up.

paolo11

PM me about Exia, brother. :)

dankir

Yeah, second worst MCU film for me after Thor: Dark World. But that Ultron figure is so good. Put an order in at BBTS.

Did anyone here order HT Hulkbuster? Only have one flex payment left at Sideshow, god the wait for this figure is forever.

Naw, it's not that bad. I have Hulk Buster on PO, pretty sure he'll arrive end of summer in NA.

HI-METAL R VF-1S STRIKE VALKYRIE ROY FOCKER
releasing now:
ELWf4kV.jpg
Geez these things were hard to find even in Akihabara...I was looking for the Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valkyrie in at every major retailer (Yodobashi, etc.) the day it came out in late November during my vacation in Japan and they were already sold out to pre-orders. Ended up finding it at one of the 3rd party hobby shops along the streets near Yodobashi and paying a little more than retail, but at least it was still a lot cheaper than if I pre-ordered it from the US (given the exchange rate, customs, shipping, etc).

Tom_Cody

yeah, i can't wait till i ship mine with a bunch of other stuff @ hlj. i'm waiting for one more thing at the end of the month and ship it out.

i've been looking around for a flight unit for you.... it's so freakin marked up now, the lowest i seen is amazon for about 120 =/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177DRS7U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

damn the prices on some of these Metal Builds go up fast...
Yeah, the current prices for the flight unit are bonkers. I'm not going to die if I don't get it, but I will definitely buy one if they get reissued or if the prices come down to earth.

aparisi2274

finally took my MP-29 out of the box, went through the transformations and poses, and I have to say, he is a very nice figure, and I am happy with the color scheme. It's funny, because you'd think he would have a very complex transformation, but it was one of the most simple ones to day, and also, he has a large amount of die-cast parts on him...

Anyway, here are some pics I took...

26535138765_5babcc4dc2_b.jpg

26509167426_f8a8ec3193_b.jpg

26469064321_029fefe87c_b.jpg

26442815322_081256079d_b.jpg

25930174484_b3b59a05cf_b.jpg

...Until the next Marvel movie rolls around.

Well I mean looking ahead I'll only get Dr. Strange from that movie, and I'm not rebuying the Guardians. And Spidey would have to significantly change his costume to get me to buy him again. So I'm feeling pretty okay with Marvel for the next year and a half. Rogue One and Episode 8 will eat my budget anyway.

PM me about Exia, brother. :)
i normally post it here except for that specific request. but i can't post it public i'll pm you =)

Geez these things were hard to find even in Akihabara...I was looking for the Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valkyrie in at every major retailer (Yodobashi, etc.) the day it came out in late November during my vacation in Japan and they were already sold out to pre-orders. Ended up finding it at one of the 3rd party hobby shops along the streets near Yodobashi and paying a little more than retail, but at least it was still a lot cheaper than if I pre-ordered it from the US (given the exchange rate, customs, shipping, etc).
yeah, my 2x roy's from Nippon Yasan got canned bc they changed from pay later for this item midway a month later to pay right away and i was in between jobs at the time. i need to hunt for a roy now.

Yeah, the current prices for the flight unit are bonkers. I'm not going to die if I don't get it, but I will definitely buy one if they get reissued or if the prices come down to earth.
i'm finally shipping my red frame and will have it by next week hopefully.

finally took my MP-29 out of the box, went through the transformations and poses, and I have to say, he is a very nice figure, and I am happy with the color scheme. It's funny, because you'd think he would have a very complex transformation, but it was one of the most simple ones to day, and also, he has a large amount of die-cast parts on him...
Anyway, here are some pics I took...

just got my payment request for mp 30 rachet @ hlj and shipping him w/ 10 items including Shockwave and Hot Moron for getting prime killed.

Vyer

Shockwave looks great.

Also, these 12" Jumbo figures especially the old Super Powers molds are hitting me right in the nostalgia

Urnmxtb.jpg

sJN4ltB.jpg

vlym2Vi.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The original Shockwave is easier to transform than the mini Shockwave that they made to be a gun for Combiner Wars Bruticus.
I've been buying the Combaticons set when I see them for under $15. I'm just missing Brawl right now.
They're my first Transformers since Alternators Skids, and that was my first since G1.

jackdoe

Yeah, second worst MCU film for me after Thor: Dark World. But that Ultron figure is so good. Put an order in at BBTS.

Did anyone here order HT Hulkbuster? Only have one flex payment left at Sideshow, god the wait for this figure is forever.
Heh, I'm in the same boat. I dislike Age of Ultron as a movie, but the costume design was so on point that I bought practically the entire line, including Hulkbuster, which I'm praying never comes as I may not have space for something that large.

LiK

First look of the Crossbones figure on display @MOKO

Can never have too many villain figures!

12990877_937325553055100_6424666651955790795_n.jpg

13043515_937325599721762_590958229727174562_n.jpg

damn, he looks badass. i wonder how long he's in the movie. seems outta place considering it's a hero vs hero movie. i can only assume he'll be in the prologue or something.

damn, he looks badass. i wonder how long he's in the movie. seems outta place considering it's a hero vs hero movie. i can only assume he'll be in the prologue or something.
He hasn't been shown at all in the trailers besides a few glimpses so he probably doesn't much screen time. That said I'll most likely pick him up since we need more villain figures. Still bummed that they haven't announced Yellowjacket yet.

Also a good look at CW Scarlet Witch. Prefer this version over the AoU one. The long coat looks great.

13076848_937336079720714_5061615280343439349_n.jpg

LiK

He hasn't been shown at all in the trailers besides a few glimpses so he probably doesn't much screen time. That said I'll most likely pick him up since we need more villain figures. Still bummed that they haven't announced Yellowjacket yet.

Also a good look at CW Scarlet Witch. Prefer this version over the AoU one. The long coat looks great.

yea, glad i skipped the AOU figure as well. this looks better and i prefer her CW look more.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Figuarts Zenigata and Jigen are Tamashii Web Exclusives. FANTASTIC. The one company finally making all the Lupin team figures and two of the pivotal cast members are Web Exclusive. Guess BBTS will be getting my business if I can preorder them fast enough. Ugh.

BkJswuv.png

Oh, and guess what? Figuarts Panther is Web Exclusive too, meaning BBTS will probably be scalping him for $100+.

RCdQKhp.jpg

GREAT.

Messi

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas she looks awesome

dankir

Black Widow also looks like she has a new Headsculpt, looks good!

13055582_260303734309091_4896915005450959676_n.jpg

12998659_10157055430385112_8741411375749857997_n.jpg

some close ups of Crossbones

13055371_260303854309079_8721559935461902031_n.jpg

13043495_260303850975746_1529097913253063511_n.jpg

Looks like Black Panther has the chrome bits the initial pics were missing.

13043682_260303964309068_8225967110484831855_n.jpg

Yeah Shockwave's a really fun toy, nice solid build quality and fun to transform.

Messi

Put myself on the waitlist for the New Avengers Scarlet Witch. Doubt anything will come of it. But still fingers crossed.

Tom_Cody

Hey davidwhangchoi (or anyone else), what are your thoughts on the Gundam High-Resolution Barbatos model?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dolkezdGQuE

Now that I've got my first Metal Build on order I'm of course looking for my next object of desire. I'm more of a figure person than a model person in general, but this thing looks freaking awesome! Also, very importantly, it's actually available.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-GDM-2943&page=top

I searched the thread and I didn't see any posts about it. I'm just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it, and also if anyone knows anything about the High Resolution line (if there are any planned future models, etc).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up the new NECA Warrior Alien the other day and forgot to post it here. Keep forgetting to post it in here and the LINE group! I've always wanted a good Alien figure, and this new mold is fantastic! Now I just need to get a good Predator. Click for the full album.

Hey davidwhangchoi (or anyone else), what are your thoughts on the Gundam High-Resolution Barbatos model?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dolkezdGQuE

Now that I've got my first Metal Build on order I'm of course looking for my next object of desire. I'm more of a figure person than a model person in general, but this thing looks freaking awesome! Also, very importantly, it's actually available.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-GDM-2943&page=top

I searched the thread and I didn't see any posts about it. I'm just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it, and also if anyone knows anything about the High Resolution line (if there are any planned future models, etc).

here's a complete recorded build of the kit. you can skim through it as it'll show you the complete contents and the amount of building needed to see if it's worth it for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQFS0EPgOs

if you're more into figures than gunpla (modeling), i wouldn't recommend the hi resolution at that price range. it's pretty much a kit with a metal frame. and most likely will not have a high resale demand once it's built.
for gunpla: getting a 20-40 real grade or master grade kit is more affordable alternative.

for that price range, i'd get a metal build if you're more into displaying figures... plus in terms collectiblity, the resale value for most metal builds usually holds strong while popular metal builds sky rocket to extreme amounts as you can see with metal build 00 raiser, destiny, and strike freedom. as well as that flight option pack for the red frame you pre-ordered. These guys rarely get a reprint and if they do it's 3-5 years in between so they're never going to be over saturated in the market.

MB exia, is still shooting upwards in the 280-300 range even though pre-orders just opened last week for 150. you can easily get your money back with these if decide you want something else down the line.

Top Bottom