• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I picked up the new NECA Warrior Alien the other day and forgot to post it here. Keep forgetting to post it in here and the LINE group! I've always wanted a good Alien figure, and this new mold is fantastic! Now I just need to get a good Predator. Click for the full album.

I bought this guy a while ago, and I'm really happy with him as well. I've been trying to decide on a couple more Aliens (Big Chap is the only sure purchase) but there's so many variations. As for Predator figures, Scar is awesome, but Neca is doing ultimate versions of their Jungle and City Hunter figures in the future. You might want to hold out if you want more "classic" Predators.

LiK

OMG, Krang figure arrived and he's beautiful. Forgot to take pics last night but he's badass! Gonna finally open up those rerelease OG TMNT figures I got a few years ago and display them with him. Now all I want is Shredder so I hope he goes up for preorder at TFSource soon.

Hagi

Oh man I just saw scans of a Mafex Knightmare Batman. I really enjoyed BvS so that's an instant buy. My Amazing Spider-man 2 figure is one of the best toys i own so looking forward to more Mafex.

My Princess Leia HT wasn't supposed to ship til the 29th according to an earlier email but I woke up today with a tracking number. She will be here Wednesday!

I was happy enough to keep my v2 of SSC Boba. HT version is awesome though.

I have the v1 SSC figure and I'm happy to retire it, was never happy with the vest even after I modded it. And with the HT Boba being a scaled down version of the amazing 1/4 I already own I'm excited.

ZDD4EeO.jpg
(old pic)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Zombine & Freezy pls

If you were in Toy LINEGAF with us you'd get all the alerts!
no seriously you two need to get back in here on the double

Zombine & Freezy pls

Diggeh, I'm OG FigureGAF. I once woke up at 5am the second my unconscious body heard my cell phone's email sound for a FigInStock notification.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh, I'm OG FigureGAF. I once woke up at 5am the second my unconscious body heard my cell phone's email sound for a FigInStock notification.

I know you are, Freezy! LINE is just too good in comparison to alert websites though. Having Toy LINEGAF and a separate toy alert group when something we all want goes up is awesome, especially since I stalk AmiAmi nightly. Gotta be on the lookout for those figures that go live at a designated time too!

Sure, it's mostly AmiiboGAF, but we have lots of cool people like--

Well they'd get all the alerts that Diggeh gives us after he buys his like the selfish jerk he is.
Freezy can you come back and run alerts we'll kick Diggle to the curb you seem more on top of it.

HALOID PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A for effort but C in execution

Hot Toys Luke in my dimly lit cube at work. Need to study how people pose their figures, I am going vanilla to start. Proportions look warped a bit on my phone cam.

Kind of surprised that second Scarlet Witch Hot Toy is wait list already. Feel like Marvel stuff hasn't really "sold" out as quickly in a really long time.

Received my Leia Hot toy today. Briefly opened her at work, seems much smaller than say, Black Widow, Gamora or Maria Hill but I'll compare at home (Probably cuz she was only 19 here? ). Really beautiful sculpt, they nailed how cute/pretty Carrie Fisher/Leia was at that age. Definitely one of the best likenesses on the Star Wars Hot Toys side.

Ant-Man, Boba Fett and Vision are all next week too I think. My credit card be blowin up! Tax refund is coming so I'll dump a chunk towards paying for these via CC payment.

Sadly I'll be moving in a few months so none of these will be on display for a while!

Messi

Kind of surprised that second Scarlet Witch Hot Toy is wait list already. Feel like Marvel stuff hasn't really "sold" out as quickly in a really long time.

Received my Leia Hot toy today. Briefly opened her at work, seems much smaller than say, Black Widow, Gamora or Maria Hill but I'll compare at home (Probably cuz she was only 19 here? ). Really beautiful sculpt, they nailed how cute/pretty Carrie Fisher/Leia was at that age. Definitely one of the best likenesses on the Star Wars Hot Toys side.

Ant-Man, Boba Fett and Vision are all next week too I think. My credit card be blowin up! Tax refund is coming so I'll dump a chunk towards paying for these via CC payment.

Sadly I'll be moving in a few months so none of these will be on display for a while!

This Scarlet Witch version was fairly limited it wait listed on the first day as did the limited Cap from Civil War.

This Scarlet Witch version was fairly limited it wait listed on the first day as did the limited Cap from Civil War.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know they were limited. The fact that she is tempting me to waitlist...I have the first one from AoU. Maybe I'll grab the Civil War one instead but really I try not to get more than one of the same character if they're not an A-listers (Iron Man, Cap, etc).

Debating on pre-ordering the Black Panther or waiting a few years and see how he looks in his stand alone film. Hoping for a cape and some gold.

I will buy double dip on Guardians of the Galaxy Hot Toys for Vol 2 though. Star Lord with sideburns! Drax with...new pants?

The wait listed Scarlet Witch was a promo figure so she's more limited than the regular releases. That's why she sold out so quickly. Same with the battle damaged Cap.

Tom_Cody

here's a complete recorded build of the kit. you can skim through it as it'll show you the complete contents and the amount of building needed to see if it's worth it for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQFS0EPgOs

if you're more into figures than gunpla (modeling), i wouldn't recommend the hi resolution at that price range. it's pretty much a kit with a metal frame. and most likely will not have a high resale demand once it's built.
for gunpla: getting a 20-40 real grade or master grade kit is more affordable alternative.

for that price range, i'd get a metal build if you're more into displaying figures... plus in terms collectiblity, the resale value for most metal builds usually holds strong while popular metal builds sky rocket to extreme amounts as you can see with metal build 00 raiser, destiny, and strike freedom. as well as that flight option pack for the red frame you pre-ordered. These guys rarely get a reprint and if they do it's 3-5 years in between so they're never going to be over saturated in the market.

MB exia, is still shooting upwards in the 280-300 range even though pre-orders just opened last week for 150. you can easily get your money back with these if decide you want something else down the line.
Good points. While I still find the High Resolution extremely appealing, I am going to pass on it for now. I haven't built any kind of model since high school (when I had built some Gundam Wing models and other non-Gundam models). I think I agree that I would be better off dipping my toes back into modeling with some of the lower priced sets first to see how passionate about them I really am.

Btw, please let me know if Exia appears again. I'm kicking myself for not getting it when I had the chance.

Good points. While I still find the High Resolution extremely appealing, I am going to pass on it for now. I haven't built any kind of model since high school (when I had built some Gundam Wing models and other non-Gundam models). I think I agree that I would be better off dipping my toes back into modeling with some of the lower priced sets first to see how passionate about them I really am.

Btw, please let me know if Exia appears again. I'm kicking myself for not getting it when I had the chance.

if you want to save a few bucks, there's a MB red frame @cdjapan, only one (must be a cancellation)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-163488

i'd grab it and cancel the bbts order to save a few bucks.

I don't even care for Gundam but that MB stuff is damn cool. Had to resist getting the Red.

Put an order in for SHF Panther, woop. Come on Spidey for 2017 release!

Tom_Cody

if you want to save a few bucks, there's a MB red frame @cdjapan, only one (must be a cancellation)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-163488

i'd grab it and cancel the bbts order to save a few bucks.
I'm probably being silly, but I don't want to risk something getting messed up in the process given the minuscule inventory we're talking about. I just had mishap recently while trying add/drop classes for my MBA program (the one dropped, but then the other displayed as 'full'). Again, I know I'm being paranoid, but I am just going to sit on it.

Thanks for the heads up though.

I don't even care for Gundam but that MB stuff is damn cool. Had to resist getting the Red.

Put an order in for SHF Panther, woop. Come on Spidey for 2017 release!
You know you want it.

NEO0MJ

For those interested in the Legacy Thunder Megazord, it's $160 on amazon, 20% off its MSRP.

Is there any good app/plug in that makes it easier to track sales?

Zombine

Banned
Zombine & Freezy pls

GChat is so much better lol

The good thing about these SH figures is that if you miss them they usually turn up on Amazon for what you'd pay for it + EMS and the $10 profit from the seller. I managed to snag ANH Luke from one of the sites (I forgot what one TBH) but he's already on Amazon.

Is it 2003 again? What's up with all this Yugioh stuff?

Ha! I lied, it's $1050.

$500 Han and Chewie pack
$50 left on Rey
$50 left on Phasma
$100 left on Finn
$150 on Batman
$200 on Wonder Woman

Those are some rookie numbers.

$500 Han and Chewie pack
$50 left on Rey
$50 left on Phasma
$100 left on Finn
$150 on Batman
$200 on Wonder Woman

All of that, plus:

OG Stormtrooper
Vader
Luke
Leia
Obiwan
R2
3po
Kylo
First Order Officer
Boba Fett v2
Cad Bane in disguise.

All since October.

Edit. You know what, I kinda got disgusted with myself looking at that. Lol. That's $4000 in a year. I just canceled my WW HT and ate the NRD. Sticking to my plan as Gotham DC characters only. Bats, Joker and Harley for this year.

you won't regret getting one. v

I'm probably being silly, but I don't want to risk something getting messed up in the process given the minuscule inventory we're talking about. I just had mishap recently while trying add/drop classes for my MBA program (the one dropped, but then the other displayed as 'full'). Again, I know I'm being paranoid, but I am just going to sit on it.

Thanks for the heads up though.

You know you want it.
yeah, it's not too much of a difference as BBTS has it for decent price.

I'm not a Gundam fan either, but I like the design of some of them, like the red frame

you guys should try to get exia reprint if you're fans of the design and more open up.

blue frame will be coming out soon as well so you guys have options.

jackdoe

$500 Han and Chewie pack
$50 left on Rey
$50 left on Phasma
$100 left on Finn
$150 on Batman
$200 on Wonder Woman

All of that, plus:

OG Stormtrooper
Vader
Luke
Leia
Obiwan
R2
3po
Kylo
First Order Officer
Boba Fett v2
Cad Bane in disguise.

All since October.

Edit. You know what, I kinda got disgusted with myself looking at that. Lol. That's $4000 in a year. I just canceled my WW HT and ate the NRD. Sticking to my plan as Gotham DC characters only. Bats, Joker and Harley for this year.
You fool! You were 1/10th of the way towards paying off that WW Hot Toys! Why would you give up now?

You fool! You were 1/10th of the way towards paying off that WW Hot Toys! Why would you give up now?

My CC was getting a little scary anyways. Had some unexpected expenses come up and was unable to pay off the SSC monthly payments and my balance was going up.

Top Bottom