• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

My CC was getting a little scary anyways. Had some unexpected expenses come up and was unable to pay off the SSC monthly payments and my balance was going up.

I think most people go through something like that when they first start collecting. It's easy to just buy everything that looks neat until you can figure out exactly what does and doesn't fit in your collection.

Oh I know first hand how easy it is to fall in major debt with a CC. I still have a CC from my college years where I have accumulated 12k in debt on. I'm still paying that off.

Oh I know first hand how easy it is to fall in major debt with a CC. I still have a CC from my college years where I have accumulated 12k in debt on. I'm still paying that off.

Good lord. I think the furthest I've ever gotten in was about $2500. After that I was like nopenopenope.

arcadia vf-0s armor
aud8TODl.jpg

aiuPmd8l.jpg

dmlKBs4l.jpg

dankir

Anybody looking for some older Takara Masterpiece figures? I still have the following for sale. I had MP-01 + Seperate Trailer ,MP-03, MP-04, MP-07 and MP-08 but sold them all.

Nemesis Prime
MP-01B
MISB / Brand new never opened

Ultra Magnus
MP-02
Opened but never transformed, never applied any stickers and all

Megatron
MP-05
Opened and transformed. Stickers never applied This is the version without the orange plug.

JustItToys Megatron MP-05 Upgrade package
MISB

Skywarp
MP-06
Opened and Transformed, never applied stickers. Box also has some cosmetic damage

PM if interested.

LiK

$500 Han and Chewie pack
$50 left on Rey
$50 left on Phasma
$100 left on Finn
$150 on Batman
$200 on Wonder Woman

All of that, plus:

OG Stormtrooper
Vader
Luke
Leia
Obiwan
R2
3po
Kylo
First Order Officer
Boba Fett v2
Cad Bane in disguise.

All since October.

Edit. You know what, I kinda got disgusted with myself looking at that. Lol. That's $4000 in a year. I just canceled my WW HT and ate the NRD. Sticking to my plan as Gotham DC characters only. Bats, Joker and Harley for this year.

Man, that was me about two years ago but it was adding up. I had to quit. Most of my preorders are with BBTS now. No NRDs and easy to cancel.

Where did you put an order in for Panther?

Also AmiAmi only charges when the order ships correct?

From Nippon-Yassan. They will charge at order as it's a Web exclusive figure. I was considering Nin-Nin Games because they charge 2-3 months prior to release, but they're slower at updating stock and dispatch.

Amiami charge near release, yeah. Not sure if they'll have BP though. Someone else who uses Amiami more can confirm.

dankir

It doesn't really look like her...

It looks much better than previous headsculpts and usually they'll make some improvements before its released.

Special Edition Mark 4 coming out again, don't know if its Diecast. Chrome/Gold Plated Mark 21 Midas being released.
13087779_262504260755705_7438701836333736113_n.jpg

New Poe figure in Stormtrooper garb also coming.
13094164_262506020755529_8613406027826233201_n.jpg

What's your return policy? I'm pretty explicit in pointing out I don't accept returns or exchanges in my auctions.

14 days return, buyer pays return postage. Listed as a Buy It Now.

Gonna honour that but it's just frustrating, especially as it's by far the most expensive thing I've sold recently.

It looks much better than previous headsculpts and usually they'll make some improvements before its released.

Special Edition Mark 4 coming out again, don't know if its Diecast. Chrome/Gold Plated Mark 21 Midas being released.

New Poe figure in Stormtrooper garb also coming.
13094164_262506020755529_8613406027826233201_n.jpg

ooo interesting on the mark iv. i'm curious if it's die cast too.

I'll take that Midas. I missed it the last time around. I hope it's not too hard to get.

Edit: Using Google Translate, the top says something about them Disneyland exclusive. My friend says Shanghai Disneyland. I hope they're available elsewhere too.

NEO0MJ

Anybody looking for some older Takara Masterpiece figures? I still have the following for sale. I had MP-01 + Seperate Trailer ,MP-03, MP-04, MP-07 and MP-08 but sold them all.

Nemesis Prime
MP-01B
MISB / Brand new never opened

I'd buy that for a dollar!

buythatforadollar.jpg

I'm sorry, I just Watched Robocop.

LiK

14 days return, buyer pays return postage. Listed as a Buy It Now.

Gonna honour that but it's just frustrating, especially as it's by far the most expensive thing I've sold recently.
That's a bummer. Some dude tried to tell me the box was messed up once but I told him that's USPS' fault and he should file a claim with them. He also tried to tell me the figure was damaged but they were weathered marks (figure was sealed and new). Eventually, he simply gave me positive FB and didn't reply again.

I feel some buyers who pay a lot for something really want a discount even if it means trying to lie their way to get a partial refund. Thankfully, that only happened once to me and I'm glad I dealt with it quickly and honestly.

That's a bummer. Some dude tried to tell me the box was messed up once but I told him that's USPS' fault and he should file a claim with them. He also tried to tell me the figure was damaged but they were weathered marks (figure was sealed and new). Eventually, he simply gave me positive FB and didn't reply again.

I feel some buyers who pay a lot for something really want a discount even if it means trying to lie their way to get a partial refund. Thankfully, that only happened once to me and I'm glad I dealt with it quickly and honestly.

Wow that sucks, glad it finally resolved itself in the end!

That's eBay buyers for you. He could easily return it fucked up or have said you shipped the wrong thing and got refunds.

Thankfully the person I sold it to seems genuinely sorry for the mistake and he already gave me positive feedback so it should hopefully go smoothly.

Hot Toys Boba Fett came in today. I've been waiting for him for some time now, since I missed him the last time around. The sarlaac base is surprisingly heavy. I'm guessing it's polystone, or at least partially polystone. No pics of him posed yet because I gotta reorganize my shelves for him.

Wanderer5

Almost time to obtained some new figures, the first of which is Marth Nendoroid that has no delay from the looks of it, so he be shipping out next month. It be my first expouse to a super posable nendo, with added elbow and knee joints. I not sure about that with a 3 inch figure, but he still looks great, and I just couldn't pass up.

Now to wait if Sherlock Hound figma comes out next month too or gets delayed. I really looking forward to him.

I got my non-Deluxe Hot Toys Boba in the mail yesterday. Sweet figure, really nice detailing and the windswept cape is neat. Rocket pack was a bit of a pain to get hooked up.

I broke a holster strap on my Briareos trying to pose him with his giant sniper rifle. Then I watched a video on the figure and the guy was like 'posing Briareos with his sniper is a total PITA'. So I just posed him with his pistol instead.

Man, that Leia looks great. Self control. Self control.

What?!?! What time do we know?

no specific time but it will be 4/28 JST

for me @ EST it will be around 2am 3am-ish traditionally if i were to take a guess but not set in stone... i'll post links if i'm awake but i maybe tired due to work and K.O.

look at the usual import stores amiami ,HS, NY, HLJ and put some page trackers on them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Almost time to obtained some new figures, the first of which is Marth Nendoroid that has no delay from the looks of it, so he be shipping out next month. It be my first expouse to a super posable nendo, with added elbow and knee joints. I not sure about that with a 3 inch figure, but he still looks great, and I just couldn't pass up.

Now to wait if Sherlock Hound figma comes out next month too or gets delayed. I really looking forward to him.

Sherlock Hound looks so awesome. I haven't ordered him yet but I've been tempted since the reveal. Wish it was a big set with Watson too.

Wanderer5

Sherlock Hound looks so awesome. I haven't ordered him yet but I've been tempted since the reveal. Wish it was a big set with Watson too.

Meh it already close to $100 that would go up even more if another figma put in heh. Would be kind of nice to see Watson come in later on however, through it a shame that car pretty much only fits one figma.

Top Bottom