• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SHF [STAR WARS] JANGO FETT
price: 6,264yen
date: Sept 2016

pS8BUG0.jpg

zvJzHTl.jpg

What?!?! What time do we know?

just to rebump
pre-orders will open 4pm JST

so check the shops around that time:
for EST, it's 3am

Fjordson

Figuarts Zenigata and Jigen are Tamashii Web Exclusives. FANTASTIC. The one company finally making all the Lupin team figures and two of the pivotal cast members are Web Exclusive. Guess BBTS will be getting my business if I can preorder them fast enough. Ugh.

BkJswuv.png

Oh, and guess what? Figuarts Panther is Web Exclusive too, meaning BBTS will probably be scalping him for $100+.

RCdQKhp.jpg

GREAT.
Yo I need those Lupin figures. When are they dropping?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yo I need those Lupin figures. When are they dropping?

Both are up on P-Bandai (click the names), but I haven't found any middlemen offering them yet for US imports. BBTS hasn't listed either of them and the only ones I can find are preorders on eBay. :(

Lupin and Fujiko just released this week.

Fjordson

Both are up on P-Bandai (click the names), but I haven't found any middlemen offering them yet for US imports. BBTS hasn't listed either of them and the only ones I can find are preorders on eBay. :(

Lupin and Fujiko just released this week.
Damn. Hope they make it over somehow.

Zombine

Banned
Nobody wants prequel trilogy figures other than Darth Maul and Obi-Wan apparently lol. Preordered Jango easily at this very moment.

Rootbeer

Banned
Bandai going way too heavy with the prequel figures. Why? They are clearly able to do Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy stuff, which are likely to sell better.

I just can't bring myself to buy Jango. I have the recent Black Series Jango and he's pretty good for only $20. This would be only a small step up. Plus, these Figuarts figures tend to be a little on the small side for 6" sale collectors like me. Bleh :(

I have Mace Windu coming later this year, and I will likely get their Grievous, after that I can't imagine any other Prequel stuff that I would want from them. They need to stop this, lol.

Zombine

Banned
Bandai going way too heavy with the prequel figures. Why? They are clearly able to do Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy stuff, which are likely to sell better.

I just can't bring myself to buy Jango. I have the recent Black Series Jango and he's pretty good for only $20. This would be only a small step up. Plus, these Figuarts figures tend to be a little on the small side for 6" sale collectors like me. Bleh :(

I have Mace Windu coming later this year, and I will likely get their Grievous, after that I can't imagine any other Prequel stuff that I would want from them. They need to stop this, lol.

I love prequel stuff, I just hate the rate in which these things trickle out. We are still missing:

Grievous
Episode II Obi-Wan
Han
Chewbacca
C-3PO & R2-D2

It's looking like these figures will roll us all the way into 2017, with no TFA Heroes or OT figures like Leia, Boba, and others in sight.

LiK

Wow that sucks, glad it finally resolved itself in the end!

Thankfully the person I sold it to seems genuinely sorry for the mistake and he already gave me positive feedback so it should hopefully go smoothly.

Cool, positive FB is a good thing. At least that's resolved.

Hagi

I only want the bearded Obi-Wan and maybe a RoTS Anakin. I already have Darth Maul and two droids so if those two come out I'll be square on the prequel front. I really want Bandai to do a Rey but I doubt we'll see anything like that till next year.

Jeff-DSA

Found an Obi-Wan packed in a Han Solo box. Probably not worth anything extra, but if anyone here collects these sorts of oddities, I grabbed it. PM me if you're interested, I'll sell it at cost.

9vpPRlH.jpg

Tom_Cody

Nobody wants prequel trilogy figures other than Darth Maul and Obi-Wan apparently lol. Preordered Jango easily at this very moment.
It's the #1 seller on Amiami atm, so maybe they just increased supply to match past demand?

I'm passing, at least for right now. I'm personally suffering a bit of Star Wars fatigue at the moment. I do collect the prequel trilogy, but there are numerous figures I want over Jango.

Next in line is actually the already released Darth Maul. I want to pair him with my Obi-Wan, but I haven't been to stomach paying the $90 he seems to cost everywhere.

As someone who has been rocking the v1 Sideshow Boba on his shelf since release, it's so nice to finally upgrade to a nice 1/6 scale Boba. Pretty much a scaled down 1/4 figure with a different base, but I'm not complaining because it's stellar.

dankir

Such a disappointingly ugly figure. Might regret not buying but just can't pull the trigger if I can't stomach the way it looks.

Kinda tempted for HT Panther now... One HT is enough though.

Good luck with that dude! It's quite addicting.

Hot Toys Stan Lee incoming, look at how awesome the boxart is!!! Released today.

13047928_1692322194367758_831057579977871464_o.jpg

13124813_1075931952479787_5808995102694604174_n.jpg

13124495_1075932005813115_7365740724415923043_n.jpg

13062095_1075889435817372_5528664308356944786_n.jpg

13082548_1075888052484177_4396017030695328801_n.jpg

That's what I thought Phasma would be like but it keeps getting pushed back.

The chrome finish on Phasma is gonna give HT hell, and I'm super concerned how the end product is going to be, considering that other instances of HT chrome has had flaking and durability issues.

Neca has announced the Aliens Series 9 figures.

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Aliens with three extraordinary action figure debuts! Series 9 includes the first-ever Private Vasquez and Private Frost figures with authorized likenesses, as well as an Albino Alien concept figure based on the original James Cameron screenplay.

Private Jenette Vasquez is one of the most requested action figures of all time and features the likeness of Jenette Goldstein. Her Marine gear is completely faithful to the movie, from the hand-painted mottos to the detailed headgear and shoulder lamp. Vasquez has over 30 points of articulation and comes with a smartgun with fully articulated harness, plus a blast effect that attaches to the muzzle.

Private Ricco Frost – known as “Frosty” to his fellow Marines – comes to action figure form for the first time with the likeness of actor Ricco Ross. His detailed body armor features the same personalized touches as in the movie, and he’s packed with accessories: removable helmet, ammo bag, M240 Flamethrower, and pistol that fits in a functioning holster. Pvt. Frost has over 25 points of articulation.

The Albino Alien is our first concept figure from the 1986 movie. It was inspired by the original James Cameron screenplay, which describes an albino version of the Xenomorph that has an excreting probe in place of the usual second inner mouth. The Albino Alien has over 30 points of articulation and features a bendable mouth probe and a frightening new color scheme.

590w-Aliens-Series-9-group.jpg

1300x-Vasquez_1--632x1024.jpg

1300x-Frost--641x1024.jpg

1300x-Albino_Alien--768x993.jpg

Really dig the albino Alien.

Got my Ant-Man. Among who I received this week and a half (Leia, Vision, Fett) Ant-Man is my favorite. Man, this might be one of my favorite Marvel Hot toys. I love the movie suit so much.

image_zpsa3w0nheq.jpeg

image_zpszmunhi8j.jpeg

I think the biggest and best surprise for me is that the helmet is one functional (manually) piece. I thought he was coming with two head sculpts. Don't really follow blogs so this was probably revealed before

The tiny Ant-Man I believe is my smallest to date. After legends and selects

image_zpszwx6ttam.jpeg

LiK

Not sure if anyone else got the ArtFX Phasma but the chrome is really nice and isn't damaged easily. I wish they did an articulated version cuz it beats out the SHF figure sculpt and quality easily. Only the cape sculpt sucks. She looks hunched with it on.

Top Bottom