• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Just got this cute little bastard as a gift

4k4ZwWE.jpg

Can he wear the masks or are they just meant to be placed on the side?

It can't rain all the time...

TdxrZ7m.jpg

gPaCB4r.jpg

DBGKPw7.jpg

z6gUz3W.jpg

e7JmoDC.jpg

RXWABAV.jpg

When I decided to get into Hot Toys, Eric Draven was must. I just didn't plan on buying him so soon after purchasing Alice. But I found an amazing deal on eBay and had to pull the trigger. I don't regret it one bit. The likeness to Brandon Lee is pretty astonishing and I dig his accessories. I do want to buy some handguns or a sword to make use of his grip hands later on because they're pretty useless otherwise. I love the two Hot Toys I've purchased so far, but I can't imagine having dozens of them.

Posted this in the B/S/T thread but I figured I would try here. Looking to sell my Batman Returns Hot Toys and MGS3 Naked Snake/Big Boss Hot Toys as a set. PM me if you might be interested!

Speaking of Robotech... Just found out about the VF1A, but ami ami isn't taking any more preorders. Is there anywhere else you guys would recommend buying from?

Hagi

I just impulse bought the Bucky Hot Toys from Winter Soldier. This is how it starts isn't it, that unpredictable urge. #teamcap

Replicant

I just impulse bought the Bucky Hot Toys from Winter Soldier. This is how it starts isn't it, that unpredictable urge. #teamcap

I'm so tempted to get Ant-man and Scarlet Witch from Civil War but I mustn't. I already ordered Cap and Iron Man.

Hagi

I'm so tempted to get Ant-man and Scarlet Witch from Civil War but I mustn't. I already ordered Cap and Iron Man.

I think I'm going to get those four, definitely Hawkeye and more than likely Spider-man. I would've waited for the Civil War Bucky but I prefer his look in TWS.

Going to have to save a lot of pennies.

Boke1879

Hmm I wanted to get the Figuarts Panther, but since it's a webstore exclusive I think I'll pass. Will probably wait until the Hot Toys version drops and just get him. So excited for that character.

And I'd be shocked if Hot Toys didn't do a Harley Quinn from SS. I'll def be getting that as well.

Messi

Hmm I wanted to get the Figuarts Panther, but since it's a webstore exclusive I think I'll pass. Will probably wait until the Hot Toys version drops and just get him. So excited for that character.

And I'd be shocked if Hot Toys didn't do a Harley Quinn from SS. I'll def be getting that as well.

They are making Suicide Squad figures

I was quite impressed with the Figuarts Phasma when I saw her in Japan so I got that, but what I really wanted was the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike. It turned out that it hadn't quite released yet. I just put in an order now - it's expensive and I'm not really a Star Wars guy, but I'm thinking that if I really don't like it, the price will probably increase anyway.

The Scout Trooper has a special place in my heart too, so there's that. But no, the Hot Toys version is out of the question.

Hagi

Yes and it doesn't stop. More movies keep coming

Yeah Dr Strange is just around the corner...

I went to see Civil War. I am going to be bankrupt.

Yup I know that feeling. I want to swap some of the Civil War ones for previous incarnations though like I want first appearance Wanda instead of her in her New Avengers costume and obviously now I have Bucky I won't be getting the Civil War version. I'm not sure about Ant-Man, I didn't really like his newer costume at first but after seeing the film I'm kinda sold on it. His original is amazing but there can only be one.

I might have to pass with Sideshow and try and get them in the UK because I imagine with the amount of customs I'll end up paying with amount to more than the price of another figure. Then again I doubt I will be able to afford them without flex pay.

tumblr_inline_o1a4ciYADX1rbs5z1_500.gif

Messi

Yeah Dr Strange is just around the corner...

Yup I know that feeling. I want to swap some of the Civil War ones for previous incarnations though like I want first appearance Wanda instead of her in her New Avengers costume and obviously now I have Bucky I won't be getting the Civil War version. I'm not sure about Ant-Man, I didn't really like his newer costume at first but after seeing the film I'm kinda sold on it. His original is amazing but there can only be one.

I might have to pass with Sideshow and try and get them in the UK because I imagine with the amount of customs I'll end up paying with amount to more than the price of another figure. Then again I doubt I will be able to afford them without flex pay.

tumblr_inline_o1a4ciYADX1rbs5z1_500.gif

You will pay crazy prices in the UK.

Also you start out thinking you can't have two of a figure. then you get two black widows and two scarlet witches and most likely a 3rd.

Hagi

You will pay crazy prices in the UK.

Also you start out thinking you can't have two of a figure. then you get two black widows and two scarlet witches and most likely a 3rd.

Bucky cost me £200 and that is pretty much my limit so I'm sceptical of ordering from Sideshow and not getting burned by customs. Getting Civil War Cap shipped would cost me £175 and they estimate another £35 for VAT then you have the stupid flat £13 or whatever the courier charge on top for "dealing" with customs. Flex pay is a pretty huge plus for ordering off Sideshow though and would make everything a lot easier for me in the long run so I probably will just go with them.

Unless they make another variant of Wanda from the start of Civil War then I'll be fine with the Age of Ultron version. Natasha is hard though because they all are different and I can't choose which one I actually like. The AoU one certainly has the better hair.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lol at all these people thinking they can just buy one or two Hot Toys and then get out. That's like trying to eat one Dorito.

NEO0MJ

You guys love to exaggerate. Buying one HT figure won't send you on a mad shopping spree.

Lol at all these people thinking they can just buy one or two Hot Toys and then get out. That's like trying to eat one Dorito.

Dorito taste awful, though.

I'm glad we are getting a Falcon, BP and SW from Hasbro but where the hell is my MCU Legends Vision. I need me some 1:12 scale Bettany!

My Marvel side of the shelf is looking so sparse without him...

xYNWgB3.jpg

Hagi

If you have an addictive personality and a completionist mentality it most certainly can.

I suffer from the former so yeah. Thankfully the money will certainly be a deterrent and my girlfriend won't let me go too far of off the deep end.

Wanderer5

Glad I don't get into Hot Toys lol, but even if I do end up checking it out, I really doubt I will go beyond a very VERY few overtime at best, just cause the high prices alone that will pushed back the temptations.

I think cheaper stuff are more dangerous, like Nendoroids for me heh, but thankfully (and kind of sadly) I been able to push away like least 2/3 of what I wanted. Doing the same to Lego too.

NEO0MJ

If you have an addictive personality and a completionist mentality it most certainly can.

That can go for anything, really. It's why you see those people with crazy collection of strange stuff.

When it comes to Hot Toys I have yet to find something I really, really want. They came close with a few Iron Man figures but in the end I backed away from them due to the sheer number of choices available.

Top Bottom