• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

That Ripley looks fantastic! Plastic sculpted hair looks great to me. Only one very slight issue with it and it's not really a complaint...there is a good number of accessories, which is fantastic and I am really happy to see the cat included, it's an iconic part of the franchise...but I expected a slightly better quality of cat sculpt from Hot Toys, we know they can do better their standards are usually sky high.

Replicant

Plastic molded hair looks fantastic on anime characters, whose hair are known to fly around like they has their own mind. But not sure on live action film characters like Ripley. It looks....off. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Just saw Civil War tonight, fuck it I'm getting the whole Hot toys Civil War line... I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE they release a Vision in Sweater vest figure :)

Can't wait to see their Spider Man and other surprises from the film :)

I don't collect Hot Toys but I would certainly consider a 'Concerned Father' Vision figure.

These little turtles are quite tempting. I think I'm gonna bite.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=hybrid teenage

HRS10028.jpg

These look so great. I already have 19 turtles and will bring shame to my family if I get more, but...

LiK

It's not that uncommon Rey from Force Awakens has molded hair as does Leia. I think it has to do with how easy it would be to get right yeah. Personally I'd prefer if all their female figures had molded hair. :X

That Ripley is ballin I'd love to own it.

i prefer molded hair as well. sometimes using "real" hair makes the figures look wrong and it's not great trying to maintain them.

So good buddy Diggeh ordered my Mythic Legions figures yesterday, ended up with 11. They have super limited quantities still available going up this afternoon if anyone is interested. And you should be, with figures like these in the assortment.

http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/

Going up at 3 PM EST if you have any interest. This is more than likely the last opportunity to get this particular set, with the possibility of them reissuing maybe six from the wave down the line, if the Ravens line was any indication.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So good buddy Diggeh ordered my Mythic Legions figures yesterday, ended up with 11. They have super limited quantities still available going up this afternoon if anyone is interested. And you should be, with figures like these in the assortment.

http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/

Going up at 3 PM EST if you have any interest. This is more than likely the last opportunity to get this particular set, with the possibility of them reissuing maybe six from the wave down the line, if the Ravens line was any indication.

Everybody better get in on some Four Horsemen goodness! I just did a photo shoot of the SDCC 2015 Dark Mist Decimus Hrabban. I'm a sucker for translucent figures, and this is a variant of Decimus Hrabban in his stealth mode. I'm gonna take pics of the other ones I own as well.

Click here for the full gallery!

KYZGscC.jpg
q7LZZ5R.jpg
1DgYU0o.jpg

uAF8gLP.jpg
ev9wFCF.jpg
HdPcvsc.jpg

qawUkn6.jpg
ZKCY54d.jpg
DTKAmgS.jpg

Utilizing his ability to transform into a foggy, ethereal entity, Decimus can swiftly and stealthily stalk the catacombs of Gothitropolis without detection. Includes bonus battle pack with alternate Screaming Raven head, war helmet, and Blood Saber!

I'll never stop gushing for Four Horsemen stuff, so be prepared for a flood when my Mythic Legions order arrives.

NEO0MJ

Yay, just got my Thunder Megazord! Getting a modern release of this figure has always been a dream if mine. While it felt overpriced at first the drop to $160 made it easier to swallow.

First thing that surprised me was how huge and good the box looked, really gave it a premium feel. Figures were spread inside a large piece of cardboard. Not the old school Styrofoam but it will do.

Figures themselves are amazing. They're much bigger than what I thought they'd be and are amazingly colored. I love the clear orb on the Black Lion. It's painted silver below so it shines nicely. They even included a base to form "somehow dumber looking than the Dino Megazord tank thing" but I couldn't bring myself to fully form it, looked like the Phoenix was sniffing the Red Dragonzord's butt :p
Still, it does a good job of holding the phoenix and displaying the other neatly so it will do.

The Red Dragon Zord has decent articulation in the upper body and can do some neat stuff with it arms. Unfortunately it can move its legs and waist much. Dragon form is super long and has really nice shelf presence I feel. Unfortunately I forgot to extend its neck and tail for the photo. Squeezing it inside the white background was super difficult.

I also want to point out how amazing the sword looks. The details on it are fantastic and the gold chain really adds a lot to the look. The blade itself is painted chrome and while it looks nice now I'm worried ti will peel off with time and repeated sheathings.

The megazord is colossal, I can't stress that enough. It looks really nice overall despite how limited its articulation is. Only flaw is how the helmet doesn't fit snugly enough.

I'll probably take some more pics tomorrow.

jackdoe

Couple HT updates. Hulkbuster got bushed back to July-August and Phasma to August-September.
I was ecstatic when I got the e-mail that the Hulkbuster was pushed back. The longer it's pushed back, the less I have to think about where to put that monstrosity.

I was ecstatic when I got the e-mail that the Hulkbuster was pushed back. The longer it's pushed back, the less I have to think about where to put that monstrosity.

And the more time I have to rack up some more Sideshow rewards points to use toward the purchase of him. By the time he's released I'll be able to get him for around the price of a regular Iron Man figure. :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Kept forgetting to sub to this, cause I like looking at other figure pics, and don't need to talk about Figmas in the Nendo topic :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Curler! Good to see you here. Post figmas and Figuarts and Gundams galore!

I got my Figuarts Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike yesterday. Really nice figure and the bike is awesome. I just need to find somewhere to put it.

Zombine

Banned
AmiAmi sent me an email and told me to stop canceling stuff.

I'm going to keep canceling stuff. In America it is one of our basic freedoms.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AmiAmi sent me an email and told me to stop canceling stuff.

I'm going to keep canceling stuff. In America it is one of our basic freedoms.

ZOMBINE PLS DON'T FLY TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN

AmiAmi is my everything! I could never cancel or upset them.
I need my stuff

Zombine

Banned
ZOMBINE PLS DON'T FLY TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN

AmiAmi is my everything! I could never cancel or upset them.
I need my stuff

I made some orders that were just wayyyyyyy too big. All of those are long canceled. Now I just have the manageable stuff.

Zombine

Banned
they'll just close your account. maybe stop preordering.

I didn't stop preordering as much as I zeroed in on what I enjoy. I don't just blindly preorder stuff I think is cool and lump them all into one order. I realized Nendo's aren't my thing, as are random ass anime statues. I'm basically all in on SH Figuarts Star Wars and some Figma/Figuarts of characters I really enjoy. That's about all I preorder now. My May orders are wayyyyy more manageable and it's all stuff I really want.

Top Bottom