• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Someone who placed a bid on my SFII soundtrack told me she was looking for a gift for her daughter. She's into collecting M.Bison stuff.
She wasn't kidding...

BU2C2B7V_zpsejz1gtyr.jpg

g'daaamn

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Someone who placed a bid on my SFII soundtrack told me she was looking for a gift for her daughter. She's into collecting M.Bison stuff.
She wasn't kidding...

BU2C2B7V_zpsejz1gtyr.jpg

g'daaamn

That's a lot of Bison Dollars right there.

Drayco21

I guess the Wal-Mart exclusive Falcon and Bucky aren't a two-pack after all?

13236291_1160469297316942_366784133_n.jpg

I don't even know what kind of sorcery was performed to get his wings into that box, but I'll take it. I was expecting to have to pay 3-pack prices for the set because of the wingspan.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Been wanting to get some SH Monsterarts for a while now (budget... Amiibo... etc...) VERY glad to see that Bluefin and Amazon worked something out! Had to pay a bit more getting stuff from BigInJapan. I still look forward to going to their con booth in a few weeks, though...

Anyhow, pretty sure for my first Gojira figure, I'll be pre-ordering this guy:

One of my favorite designs!

JLynn

I was looking at one of the SW: R1 threads earlier today and the first thing that popped in my head was "Hot Toys Donnie Yen figure at last."

I hope y'all are saving your money, got your preorders paid in full, and make sure your Internet connection's tight. I don't see the preorders last on him.

Hagi

I was looking at one of the SW: R1 threads earlier today and the first thing that popped in my head was "Hot Toys Donnie Yen figure at last."

I hope y'all are saving your money, got your preorders paid in full, and make sure your Internet connection's tight. I don't see the preorders last on him.

Yup I'm going to need a Death Trooper or two.

Would you look at that...that's a must.

I think Figma does a fantastic job with video game character. I picked up Cat from Gravity Rush and fell in love instantly. One of my fav figmas.

12724960_1400091533631621_982954547_n.jpg

Wow. I want that, but I don't to pay crazy scalper prices. Why the heck did it have to be online exclusive on a retailer that doesn't ship worldwide?

Jamesways

Been wanting to get some SH Monsterarts for a while now

Anyhow, pretty sure for my first Gojira figure, I'll be pre-ordering this guy:

One of my favorite designs!
That is going to be a fantastic figure. These SH ones are just great sculpts.

I picked up a Neca Alien Big Chap 35th Anniversary figure at a local shop. Missed this when it came out.

Great figure, they fixed the head sculpt from the original release.

Scale pic with a 6" SW black series and 3 3/4" figure-
5ffb4261-1422-4cc4-a663-6133c4b4f7e2_zpsr34hmxkx.jpg

Aliens_zpsse1h9ixk.jpg

f96e8551-ec2a-44a2-803d-4879b6919103_zpsrnj7gwcg.jpg

I've got my eye on this huge 18" Kaiyodo one on ebay...
Kaiyodo%202_zpshbtpcegq.jpg

That is going to be a fantastic figure. These SH ones are just great sculpts.

I picked up a Neca Alien Big Chap 35th Anniversary figure at a local shop. Missed this when it came out.

Great figure, they fixed the head sculpt from the original release.

Scale pic with a 6" SW black series and 3 3/4" figure-
5ffb4261-1422-4cc4-a663-6133c4b4f7e2_zpsr34hmxkx.jpg

Great figure and pics/comparisons. Went ahead and bought one from NECA on ebay.

Sawneeks

Banned
bruh

I don't even know if this belongs here but

uBepsXr.jpg

WEARABLE RED RANGER HELMET IS COMING

BRUHHHHHHHHHHH

Fans have been making and selling helmets for a while so I'm interested to see how the official one will hold up in comparison. Hopefully they are top quality because I will easily drop $110 for a nice White Ranger instead of the $400 they normally are.

bruh

I don't even know if this belongs here but

uBepsXr.jpg

WEARABLE RED RANGER HELMET IS COMING

BRUHHHHHHHHHHH

Been staring at the page for it on BBTS all day trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger or wait for a green ranger helmet. Can't decide. For that price I may just get them all, assuming they're good quality.

Literally just got into figure collecting. Don't know how far I will get (its an expensive hobby) but I am happy so far.

For my first ever figure I picked up this bad boy:

9zYEcKp.pngg

Will take personal pics once i get my display case. For now I'm keeping it in the box (really paranoid about dust and whatnot)

what do you guys think?

Literally just got into figure collecting. Don't know how far I will get (its an expensive hobby) but I am happy so far.

9zYEcKp.pngg

Will take personal pics once i get my display case. For now I'm keeping it in the box (really paranoid about dust and whatnot)

what do you guys think?

Cut your CC up. That's what I think.

Messi

9zYEcKp.pngg

what do you guys think?

This path you have started down is a dark and expensive one.

Sweet figure. Probably should get some avengers to pose against him. Guardians too just to be safe.

to go along w/ the 1:1 power ranger helmet

"NECA will launch fine crafted 1:1 Cosplay prop Alien facehugger 1986 horror classic Alien see that this replica, and nearly 3 1/2 feet long. has a curved tail, so you can hang it anywhere from ... wait for unsuspecting prey to devour even connect to your face. The life-size Facehugger - perfect for role play and decorate!"

decided not to be lazy waiting for the "day after" news:

October 2016 SHF "IRONMAN 3" TONY STARK
6,480 yen

BowEyzz.jpg

oKrY4pK.jpg

DRCNOGb.jpg

6TdC03L.jpg

FDmDIcH.jpg

ok7LknE.jpg

lr9X0wF.jpg

November 2016 SHF IRONMAN Mk3
SvsOdeo.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Now sure why people seem to often knock on Bandai's stuff (D-Arts/SH Figuarts) and always compare them to Figmas. I like them both, honestly! Heck I even got both versions of Cardcaptor Sakura, and I think each have their own charm.

Point being: The Tony Stark and upcoming Mark 3 look great!

what do you guys think?
welcome-to-hell-concept-road-billboard-62209553.jpg

Your wallet is doomed

Figuarts lack accessories (especially stands!) and have slightly wonkier plastic, but they're pretty good. The two Revoltech I have feel very messy in comparison. Figmas still rule.

dankir

Plastic Enemies are hinting that Hot Toys Mark 45 is releasing very soon. Should see officially pics in the next few days.

LiK

9zYEcKp.pngg

what do you guys think?

4928587-4025413958-giphy.gif

Jamesways

Great figure and pics/comparisons. Went ahead and bought one from NECA on ebay.

I wasn't a fan of the NECA Giger alien when it first released years ago, but the redid the sculpt and now it looks fantastic.

I've owned a lot of Giger Alien "Big Chaps" in figure and statue form, and this really is one of the best representations you can get so far.

Any pre order info for Stark/MKIII? Looking forward to camping amiami.

QUOTE=davidwhangchoi;204071397]to go along w/ the 1:1 power ranger helmet

"NECA will launch fine crafted 1:1 Cosplay prop Alien facehugger 1986 horror classic Alien see that this replica, and nearly 3 1/2 feet long. has a curved tail, so you can hang it anywhere from ... wait for unsuspecting prey to devour even connect to your face. The life-size Facehugger - perfect for role play and decorate!"

decided not to be lazy waiting for the "day after" news:

October 2016 SHF "IRONMAN 3" TONY STARK
6,480 yen

BowEyzz.jpg

oKrY4pK.jpg

DRCNOGb.jpg

6TdC03L.jpg

FDmDIcH.jpg

ok7LknE.jpg

lr9X0wF.jpg

November 2016 SHF IRONMAN Mk3
SvsOdeo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

SUPARSTARX

MAFEX Joker robber looks neat. I have Batman, Selina Kyle and normal Joker. This will go nicely with it.

And yeah, Hot Toys Suicide Squad... RIP bank accounts.

Top Bottom