• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Zombine

Banned
Holy shit that Harley face sculpt is creepy as hell.

I actually paid for an AmiAmi order. I'm finally at a point where my orders are just things I want.

Hagi

Wow that Harley is amazing but no way will I be displaying her with that head. She'll surely come with two face sculpts. Ideally we'd live in a world where I could own both Figuarts Black Widow and Harley that were amazing but I'll easily settle for the latter.

Good God Almighty!

yeqe2dA.jpg

6WPlICP.jpg

I5P9ez8.jpg

s0Rdhx6.jpg

r6VREtP.jpg

AoqKMLc.jpg

Hagi

that doesn't really look like Stone Cold but at the same time hardly a good photo holy shit though lol In for the peoples champ

dankir

Lordy indeed. I'd love to have something like that in my house but I don't have that much space.

It's just a bad photoshop now that I'm looking at it on my laptop but still cool to see the whole gang together.

Here's a better one with just about the entire gang.
13244179_10153532058987344_8121481376452800902_o.jpg

dankir

This will be my first (and hopefully only) Hot Toys.

Every single laugh.gif you can find on the Internet. 6 years ago I bought Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1, 2 and 3 and that was supposed to be it...... and now I'm at 83 figures or something I think.

Every single laugh.gif you can find on the Internet. 6 years ago I bought Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1, 2 and 3 and that was supposed to be it...... and now I'm at 83 figures or something I think.

i'm curious how much does that come out too.

if each figure is approx 350 ( ranges 260-380)

that's roughly + or - 29K

WolfStark

I really hope they announce Overwatch figures. I am not interested in the game but I adore the little trailer-stories and the character design. I would immediatly order tracer if she's like this big version, this has to happen!

Lots of updates on DX Chogokin Macross Delta vf-31 and some Metal Build news last night but too tired to post. will be back on late tonight after work.

I added :eek:rig at the end of the Twitter image url posted to get a much bigger pic. They look like giant statues meant to look like figures in packaging. Are there going to be actual figures? I know a friend of mine would absolutely LOVE that.

Ci6Gu9kWUAAZKrA.jpg:orig

I added :eek:rig at the end of the Twitter image url posted to get a much bigger pic. They look like giant statues meant to look like figures in packaging. Are there going to be actual figures? I know a friend of mine would absolutely LOVE that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci6Gu9kWUAAZKrA.jpg:orig[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I imagine we'll get shrunken down versions. Seems weird to design and add all those joints just for the sake of putting them on display like that.

Ci6Gu9kWUAAZKrA.jpg:orig

They are just promotional and no figures have been announced (as far as I know), but one can hope.

Cptkrush

Yeah, I'd buy a complete set of Overwatch heroes from NECA

LK and Tyrael are two of the best, most detailed figures I own, NECA is the business

I hope its NECA that does Overtwatch. Has there been any news of more Heroes of the Storm figures? As Cptkrush states, Lich King and Tyrael are fantastic figures.

They were fun to shoot and add effects to.

12139677_641317856008241_1840141605_n_zpsra7g6pbp.jpg

12145582_989735814423596_1448280845_n_zpsga010a5j.jpg

I almost feel I have to buy all/most video game figures just because I wanted them so badly as a kid. Now I have Mario, Link, Samus and a bunch of other video game toys I never would have dreamed of having.

Roge_NES

What exactly is the difference between Hot Toys Power Pose vs Diecast Masterpiece Series?

More accessories? Different finish/higher quality?

LiK

What exactly is the difference between Hot Toys Power Pose vs Diecast Masterpiece Series?

i think Diecast has diecast and power pose is just plastic. dunno if accuracy is also involved. but yea, major price difference.

Power pose figures are not fully articulated. They're glorified statues.

This is the Power Pose Mark 46. Nothing is articulated besides the shoulder and head. They're cheaper than the usual MMS figures though. This runs for $150.

Diecast MMS is their regular fully articulated figure line but with diecast (metal) parts integrated into their armor/joints.

It adds a nice amount of weight to the figure but that's about it. Gives Hot Toys a reason to jack the price up on those figures. Pretty much no one collects Power Pose. They're not popular and Hot Toys hasn't done a lot of them. They've only done 3 so far.

Diecast MMS Mark 46:

LiK

Power pose figures are not fully articulated. They're glorified statues.

This is the Power Pose Mark 46. Nothing is articulated besides the shoulder and head. They're cheaper than the usual MMS figures though. This runs for $150.

Diecast MMS is their regular fully articulated figure line but with diecast (metal) parts integrated into their armor/joints.

It adds a nice amount of weight to the figure but that's about it. Gives Hot Toys a reason to jack the price up on those figures. Pretty much no one collects Power Pose. They're not popular and Hot Toys hasn't done a lot of them. They've only done 3 so far.

Diecast MMS Mark 46:

that clears it up. thanks man.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Godzilla looks horrible with EVA colors. MechaGodzilla looks better.

BAN17008.jpg

MGH10765.jpg

The mech version is definately better. The Godzilla one reminds me on how scientists say that dinosaurs were super colourful... Just doesn't work.

Tom_Cody

Famous words.

Don't let the nerds push you into buying more.

It's already too late.

If I can do it, you can do it. Just don't let go!
lol

Top Bottom