• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YES!@!@?!@?!?

13241266_10153541918107344_5068792073268910717_n.jpg

tumblr_inline_n7tc27W8TU1rr9xk6.gif

This is amazing, Daredevil, Punisher. Hopefully Iron Fist does well and they make figures for those too.

Fucking amazing.

372.gif

Just received the latest addition to my Marvel Legends collection.

vYsUKWX.jpg

fIWhlVM.jpg

1VG6kJl.jpg

sxlxKJO.jpg

HJ7gnI5.jpg

BrGeBv6.jpg

VBh5umB.jpg

Really simple figure, but he looks so damn cool. I'm glad he has thin ankles, as I felt like that was the only drawback for the ML Venom figure. The black isn't sculpted, but rather painted but it doesn't matter. It's super effective as is. Probably one of my favorite Legends so far.

I hope they do a two pack of both Black starting suit and Red suit, similar to Stealth Cap and Steve Rogers two pack.

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YES!@!@?!@?!?

13241266_10153541918107344_5068792073268910717_n.jpg

tumblr_inline_n7tc27W8TU1rr9xk6.gif

This is amazing, Daredevil, Punisher. Hopefully Iron Fist does well and they make figures for those too.

Fucking amazing.

Suplexer

SO got me the Black Series Kylo Ren (sorry, no pics) and it's super awesome but I don't love his lightsaber. Is there a cheap way to buy the S.H Figuarts lightsaber by itself because that one looks way better.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SO got me the Black Series Kylo Ren (sorry, no pics) and it's super awesome but I don't love his lightsaber. Is there a cheap way to buy the S.H Figuarts lightsaber by itself because that one looks way better.

I don't think so. I don't see any custom ones in the usual places, either.
It could probably be fixed with an Exacto knife and glue. If that's too scary, then...
The Bandai kit has a good lightsaber but it's $30.
The MAFEX isn't out for six months and is $47.

This is the $30 Bandai kit.

http://postimage.org/

windows screenshot

Suplexer

I don't think so. I don't see any custom ones in the usual places, either.
It could probably be fixed with an Exacto knife and glue. If that's too scary, then...
The Bandai kit has a good lightsaber but it's $30.
The MAFEX isn't out for six months and is $47.

This is the $30 Bandai kit.

windows screenshot

I have been going back and forth on weather or not I want to go at it with a knife, and since you suggested that as well I assume this is a common opinion that the Black Series Lightsaber sort of sucks lol?

I might wait a while and see if one hits ebay from the other figures, but I'll probably just end up taking a stab at fixing the saber myself.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
A lot of people hate that saber. What's amazing is that the smaller Kylo Ren figures from Hasbro have better sabers.
I'm going to chop up a 6" BS saber right now, for science.
aaaaaaaaaand that was a huge mistake. The first piece I cut off went flying across the house and I'll probably never find it.
Ok, if I find the rest this could turn out well. Guess I'm not vacuuming for a while.
Quick and dirty...

Drayco21

All the Marvel Legends leaks from a while back seem 100% on the money.

Old Man Logan Spider-Bitch as a swap figure with Silk, for reasons I cannot begin to fathom, and classic Electro as a swap for Hobgoblin. The Wolverine mentioned in the original X-Men wave leak is actually the brown costume, which seemed likely since it was the one on the new mold we didn't have yet, but part of me was still hoping it'd be the ANAD X-23. Juggernaut BAF confirmed.

Lmo911

I stumbled into these Bandai kits when looking at figurearts and I love them.:X

Bandai needs to use their marvel licenses and release a series of Iron Man models. I'd probably buy them all. There's just something really fulfilling about putting them together and then you have a cool action figure!

Shitty day at work, kind of "fuck everyone" attitude. Came home, didn't know what to do with myself. Tried video games. Didn't help. Tv, didn't help. Reading, didn't help. Went into my home office and just stared at my collection, turned the lights on to R2 and 3PO. Decided to repose Vader. Repose Kylo. Started playing with my Star War Legos. Played with my replica light saber. I'm 34 years old and being a kid again made me happy again. Hobby justified.

LiK

Shitty day at work, kind of "fuck everyone" attitude. Came home, didn't know what to do with myself. Tried video games. Didn't help. Tv, didn't help. Reading, didn't help. Went into my home office and just stared at my collection, turned the lights on to R2 and 3PO. Decided to repose Vader. Repose Kylo. Started playing with my Star War Legos. Played with my replica light saber. I'm 34 years old and being a kid again made me happy again. Hobby justified.

Whatever makes you happy.

Hagi

Hmm I hope they do a variant for what she wears at the start of the film I don't particularly care for her Avengers outfits. Need to pick up her first Ultron figure.

Comics in the 90s, man. Everything had to be EXTREME! Even the Predator wasn't hardcore enough for readers, so Dark Horse unleashed the Bad Blood Predator!

I6nWv1U.jpg

wzsK9mP.jpg

WWN7DO8.jpg

TqsJlSE.jpg

ABbZ7FQ.jpg

3MwPahg.jpg

PJFT4ZV.jpg

UYrxAg6.jpg

1TZB51V.jpg

Neca hit it out of the park with this guy. So much crazy attention to detail. I love all the bones that adorn his armor. The guy is his own walking trophy case! Unfortunately those decorated Predator (!) and monster skulls don't come without a price. The articulation is hindered a bit. He's easy enough to get into a couple of EXTREME! looking poses, so it really doesn't matter. I couldn't be happier to make this edgelord the second Predator in my collection. He's most certainly not going to be the last.

Replicant

Hmm I hope they do a variant for what she wears at the start of the film I don't particularly care for her Avengers outfits. Need to pick up her first Ultron figure.

I'd sell my body parts to get the Zettai Ryouiki outfit she wears while talking to Steve Rogers.

Read Star Wars Lost Stars and had to have a Thane Kyrell figure. Guess I could get a female body and make it a Ciena Ree figure. Lol. Just ordered. Should have in a week.

100294-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-006.jpg

Waiting on NECA or Figurarts to be making those Overwatch or DOOM figures...

Any. Day. Now.

Those big figures are a tease, they can very well use the same molds and scale accordingly, heck I am pretty sure they are coming, it's Blizzard's new hot IP and is selling like hot cakes. I expect an announcements on this figures by Blizzcon tops.

Snaku

Banned
Chronicle Collectibles has finally unveiled their T-Rex Breakout statue. Only $500, payment plans available, and preorders start Friday.

Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout Diorama will be available for Pre-Order Friday June 3rd at 5pm CST.

The Breakout Rex is 24" long x 16" tall and 12" wide.
The Base is inspired by the shape of the T-Rex Paddock from the Jurassic Park Map. We plan to make one change during production, the use of real braided cable for the safety lines.

Pre-Order price is $500 for the first 30 days and $550 regular price.

ES will be set after the first 30 days and a full COA and hand numbered base will come with every Breakout Rex.

GOAT JP collectible? They also have the license for Jurassic World. Can't wait to see them do Indominous.

NEO0MJ

Question. What is the difference between Metal Composite Gundam or Metal Build Gundam?

They're mostly the same in concept, being almost 1/100 scale highly dtailed figures with metal skeletons.
Only difference is that Metal Composite is a cancelled line that can be thought of as a predecessor to the Metal Build line and were based on Katoki's UC designs while Metal Build will feature more series and designers.

Chronicle Collectibles has finally unveiled their T-Rex Breakout statue. Only $500, payment plans available, and preorders start Friday.

No feathers no buy :T

TAJ

Is there a BST figure thread on GAF? I have some Revoltech Turtles I'd like to trade/sell.

I've seen a general one before but never been in there. I have some vintage Jurassic Park dino toys that I'd sell.

Whats your guys favorite websites to purchase your toys from i currently have saved enough coin to finally buy my 1/48 metal gear rex ive looked on ebay and im ok with that but was just wondering if there was anymore good reliable sites other then say bigbadtoystore

TAJ

Holy shit...

I would have bought that expensive-as-fuck one from Chronicle but it's not poseable. This is the same size (around 16" tall) and poseable. Seems to be stuck in development hell, though.

I am not a Gundam fan at all but..., hot damn that's a good looking model.

I love that design. LOVE IT!

Kudos, Japan.

133998314797340_animate.gif

awww yeah, the Bandai DX VF-31 figure is coming soon (still in production stages) it's from Macross Delta (but close enough haha) it's designed by Shoji Kawamori, the guy who designed the original Optimus Prime, Rachet/Iron hide, Prowl/BlueStreak/Smoke Screen, the 1st MP Starscream, Jet Fire (which is a macross vf-1 that hasbro recolored to make jetfire)

RE:EDIT IRONMAN BLACK × GOLD

gBdlcef.jpg

xeJHGrB.jpg

dgysIpH.jpg

VA1ChUZ.jpg

AJD4xJw.jpg

Oe9D4LL.jpg

[3A / threezero] TMNT Kevin Eastman designed a new shape Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures 1/6
Efx1fnZ.jpg

OJjbIso.jpg

9Ouh7oO.jpg

Top Bottom