• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Anth0ny

Godzilla looks horrible with EVA colors. MechaGodzilla looks better.

BAN17008.jpg

MGH10765.jpg

U47q9Sc.jpg

Tom_Cody

All you gotta do is have boundaries and prioritize what you want...my Hot Toys habit has slowed way down recently, but there are still some I really do want.

The itch never goes away
I personally prefer smaller figures than the 12" Hot Toys. 6" Figuarts are the sweet spot for me.

I want to get the Yoda and display it with an X-Wing.

I recognize the awesomeness of Hot Toys, they just aren't what I desire in toys in general.

Replicant

I personally prefer smaller figures than the 12" Hot Toys. 6" Figuarts are the sweet spot for me.

I want to get the Yoda and display it with an X-Wing.

I recognize the awesomeness of Hot Toys, they just aren't what I desire in toys in general.

For me Hot Toys are for characters that I really really really like. Figuarts/Figma/Nendos are for characters that I like. Funko Pop is for compulsive buying.

Chinner

Banned
Why have I only found out that there is a Robocop versus The Terminator line????

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know they're reused sculpts, but the paintwork is amazing on them.

Has anybody got any ideas for displaying figures? (Quoted to shrink size)

Sorting out my room, and can only seem to have them looking cluttered
uzjOsan.jpg

2H9URPL.jpg

JYyLbej.jpg

or they all fall over all the time.
dLqY4Jjl.jpg

p7iz23rl.jpg

Any suggestions on how to make these look a bit more display-like?

Any suggestions on how to make these look a bit more display-like?

You can get tiered shelf organisers from some stores that have a kitchen section. They can help make good use of depth height. I've seen them used as affordable and effective ways of displaying figures...even Hot Toys. You could potentially customise them into a sort of diorama.

You can get tiered shelf organisers from some stores that have a kitchen section. They can help make good use of depth height. I've seen them used as affordable and effective ways of displaying figures...even Hot Toys. You could potentially customise them into a sort of diorama.

Cheers, will have a look round on pay day for something that fits in the shelf

Goliath

Cheers, will have a look round on pay day for something that fits in the shelf

Also organize it in a way that makes sense and don't over crowd your shelves. You have one that has two figures and then some that have a ton. Don't feel you have to show EVERY figure, just the ones that look good or you like.

NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles San Diego Comic Con exclusive Konami arcade game figures: http://news.toyark.com/2016/05/23/n...tant-ninja-turtles-arcade-game-figures-204993

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_Pf3bgkm4

MAFEX Suicide Squad Harley Quinn and Joker: http://news.toyark.com/2016/05/23/mafex-suicide-squad-harley-quinn-joker-205018
Joker is scheduled to be out in December, and Harley in January. I think the DC Collectibles figures (Harley and El Diablo) are out around the same time. Not sure about the S.H. Figuarts. I wonder if any of them will end up doing the whole team.

You know, we've got pictures of these figures months out, but there's still no pictures of Mattel's DC Multiverse Harley Quinn, even though she's supposed to be out within the next few weeks. I'm getting the Deadshot and Katana figures from that line, and might get Harley...if she looks good. Might also get Captain Boomerang. Not sure about Joker (not a big fan of his look) and Batman (especially since he's just the Batman v Superman one again, but with new accessories), though I'd need them to finish building Killer Croc...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Those Turtles sets! NECA pls

MAFEX is really knocking it out of the park with their DC figures. I can't wait for the comparisons with the rest of the companies.

As someone who actually has the TMNT arcade board, I was excited until I saw those pictures up close. I really don't like the way they did the pixelation paint scheme on these.

LiK

OMG, those TMNT figures. preying on my childhood. might consider depending on prices from resellers.

MAFEX Harley looks awesome. might pick that up depending on price as well.

Is it me or is the Chris Evans head looking kinda weird with that HT Cap Battle Ver? Seems like too many airbrushing shadows in that pic. i agree that the box art is super lazy. it's like they made it in 30 minutes.

dankir

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YES!@!@?!@?!?

13241266_10153541918107344_5068792073268910717_n.jpg

tumblr_inline_n7tc27W8TU1rr9xk6.gif

This is amazing, Daredevil, Punisher. Hopefully Iron Fist does well and they make figures for those too.

Fucking amazing.

I've never bought a Hot Toys figure, but...TV figures would tempt me hard. Especially Supergirl and Flash figures...

I was talking to my younger brother about this the other day. We thought it'd be awesome to see a Daredevil figure from them.

Max and his wife

Macross VF-1 Bandai Hi-Metal R
8IqGtDi.jpg

DX Chogokin VF-31E and C
#teammirage

EVDLkeO.jpg

radar dome on the E is housed in the under belly between legs

more that i forgot to post last week;
ECLTRmt.jpg

Eh8s8DU.jpg

NCkK9i5.jpg

jKZlPQS.jpg

70e9PaR.jpg

Buddy who is going to SDCC managed to get me both TMNT sets on pre order from the online NECA store for pick up at the Con. Even got me Newt from Aliens! Stoked today.

Top Bottom