• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line? There are a few characters already in the works in the forms of statues and stuff, so those would be avoided. Those characters are;

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

Everyone else (including enemies and bosses) are being floated around.

Yes, I'll take any and all Dark Souls figures. I'd especially like some of the bosses, like the capra demon, taurus demon, havel, gwyn, gravelord nito, quelaag, artorias. It'd also be nice to have one of the player, though I know that would probably be difficult to do since there are so many armor options.

NEO0MJ

Havel is another that has been floated. as are some of the others you mentioned. Thank you for the feedback!

The team is looking to stick to DS1 and DS3, for the moment. But that is not to exclude other potential figures from previous Souls titles. The idea is posability, and the ability to swap weapons with ease through well designed hands. Maybe even stuff like weapon packs in the future, as well?

I feel the Fallen Knight set is pretty popular, you should look into that as well.

Weapon packs can be a lot of fun, but that will probably require strong figure build to handle a wide variety well. Don't want figures falling every time you try to equip a greatsword!

And a shame you won't look into DaS II. I know it's a polarizing game but that shouldn't impact your decision when picking cool looking designs. Luckily a few sets snuck into DaS III :D

How would you handle armors that expose the character's body? Or do you plan on avoiding such designs?

Edit: And please, avoid making Smough's set at all costs. I don't think my eyes can take it existing in our world.

Replicant

FINALLY!

After soooo many failed attempts to preorder Figuarts ANH Luke Skywalker, I finally got it from AmiAmi.

EDIT: Oh, it's OOS again. What a joke! How many do they make of this?

Marvel Toy News has pics of the Spider-Man Space Venom Series of Marvel Legends

eDaKrK4.jpg

xboaDK5.jpg

NXHA0JG.jpg

GaPNxRH.jpg

JzQHJL7.jpg

CKuRfOR.jpg

GyTQShR.jpg

It's crazy these are hitting within the same time period as the X-Men wave. June/July is going to be very expensive.

FINALLY!

After soooo many failed attempts to preorder Figuarts ANH Luke Skywalker, I finally got it from AmiAmi.

EDIT: Oh, it's OOS again. What a joke! How many do they make of this?

It might have been the only one. Someone may have cancelled their order leading to Ami having one more pre-order available.

Replicant

It might have been the only one. Someone may have cancelled their order leading to Ami having one more pre-order available.

I was so tempted to preorder two when I hit that button but then I remember I need to reign in on my figure-buying so I didn't. But yeah, it'll probably give me an error had I done that.

Drayco21

Marvel Toy News has pics of the Spider-Man Space Venom Series of Marvel Legends

It's crazy these are hitting within the same time period as the X-Men wave. June/July is going to be very expensive.

Old link: here's the new pictures

Electro looks great, but it's a huge bummer he doesn't have normal hands. I'd gladly trade away the shitty modern head to get a pair of fists instead.

Silk looks great, aside from being on the one awful mold Hasbro is still using- but there's nothing we can do about that.

Spider-Bitch is a figure I can't believe actually exists.

Miles/Ultimate Peter/The new Teen Male body look great- glad they have unmasked heads and alternate hands.

Hob/Demogoblin continues to look like the strongest figure of the wave- can't wait for the Green Goblin remold down the line.

Shitty Space Venom is still awful. I'm in for the whole wave anyway though, so I guess I'm getting him.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I need that Hobgoblin figure.
I finally found a Scourge that was at or below retail price. What a great figure.

Yeah. I need that Hobgoblin in my life. He looks so damn awesome. I mean, I'm glad to be getting a Spiderman without the aftermarket mark-up, but that Hobgoblin looks to be the star of the wave.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you miss SH Figuarts preorders just wait for Amazon. You'll get it at cost. Ain't no thang.

Well at least we CAN now, again. Bluefin had that dispute with Amazon that went on for a few months :/ Had to start importing some stuff (at slightly higher costs...) as I didn't expect that things would work out.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If you miss SH Figuarts preorders just wait for Amazon. You'll get it at cost.

... is a thing that has never happened with anything I've wanted.

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line? There are a few characters already in the works in the forms of statues and stuff, so those would be avoided. Those characters are;

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

I'd be interested in something other than the main armor sets/bosses. Something unusual - how about a Mimic? Or even Kalameet, I'd certainly go for that.

Bought my first hot toy today got the temple of doom Indiana Jones thing is suhweet and my local comic store sells these at normal price with 10% off can't beat that

MAFEX Knightmare BATMAN ~ new parts and rotten face helmet !!
EkmAdmZ.jpg

U4we92r.jpg

BoycDie.jpg

June 2016 resale
resale MAFEX Spider-Man (AMAZING ~ 2) Medicom Toy
[June] ¥ 4,104 (tax included)

bbE9MBl.jpg

MEZCO SDCC exclusive preview
KY0XaxUl.jpg

edtielIl.jpg

SDCC 2016~ G.I. Joe vs Transformers BoxSet
d7KxCGE.jpg

l8hbSU7.jpg

edaPeyO.jpg

1aP3TQx.jpg

SpcoTWy.jpg

JHecp0M.jpg

jbB0OtR.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Two main Lupin characters...exclusive. It'll end up being $160 for the pair here in the US :/

Zombine pls you should have the entire gang
except Goemon for now
ordered! I have Jigen and Zenigata at BBTS until I figure something better out.

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

Very specific for a hypothetical. I would absolutely love a Crossbreed Priscilla figure.

San Diego Comic-Con exclusive DC Multiverse The Joker and Panda Man figure 2-pack from Mattel.

Not sure if anyone here is interested in the line, but Mattel also announced a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive Katana for their DC Super Hero Girls line. She looks pretty awesome and has some badass packaging. She'll be $40.

I received a couple of new NECA figures. Up first is Dog Alien from Alien 3.

wS8w9Iz.jpg

oIGZTtG.jpg

us3nPyB.jpg

hDtDk4w.jpg

lQU1cnV.jpg

kyfa81l.jpg

Really cool figure. Lots of articulation on this guy. I love the various crouching positions you can get him in. The paint is gorgeous and really captures the feel of this particular Xeno. I'm glad I grabbed the movie accurate and didn't wait for the brown and gray re-paints coming later this year. He looks amazing next to the AvP Warrior figure. Definitely makes he hyped to keep building my hive.

Up next is the Dark Horse Predator.

YzzaORI.jpg

1EEBCUa.jpg

f5Z4oNN.jpg

hQgzLQ1.jpg

oGNJJt9.jpg

14bzUAk.jpg

These Predators inspired by the Dark Horse comics are so cool. This one looks like he stepped right off the cover to Predator #1. It's the old Jungle Hunter figure painted to capture the look of the comic. The old body definitely is a bit lacking in the articulation department, especially compared to the AvP body, but that doesn't really matter. He's easy enough to get in the one pose that really matters. If you're a fan of the Dark Horse comics, this guy is a must. I hope they keep the Dark Horse inspired Predators coming. It would be awesome to have a full clan of these guys.

LiK

Canceled a bunch of preorders. Need to control myself. Noticed a lot of HT figures are still in stock so I'll get them later if I still want them.

Canceled a bunch of preorders. Need to control myself. Noticed a lot of HT figures are still in stock so I'll get them later if I still want them.

You are not fooling anyone, that money is going towards Loot Boxes in Overwatch.

bought 100 myself

Ive been a lot more selective in my Hot Toy purchases,waiting for the monthly $20 off through Sideshow to preorder or waiting for special promos ect. Not going to pay full price for these things anymore and hopefully I can slow down to a few figures a year. Think its about time for a collection purge again too.

LiK

Ive been a lot more selective in my Hot Toy purchases,waiting for the monthly $20 off through Sideshow to preorder or waiting for special promos ect. Not going to pay full price for these things anymore and hopefully I can slow down to a few figures a year. Think its about time for a collection purge again too.
same, need to sell a bunch this year.

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

Onion Bro, Sir Alonne, Xanthus, Elite Knight, and then these 4; Ornstein(included), Artorias(included) Ciaran (maybe dancer from dark 3?), Gough.

Rey & BB-8 Hot Toys figure now delayed to sometime in between August and September. Should I be worried? I've never bought one before but that's a 5 month delay since the original expected release.

LiK

Rey & BB-8 Hot Toys figure now delayed to sometime in between August and September. Should I be worried? I've never bought one before but that's a 5 month delay since the original expected release.

Delays are common. I wouldn't worry too much.

Top Bottom