• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

ThreeZero.

Man, As cool as these look ThreeZero and ThreeA takes forever to release anything. Jon Snow took over a year, my Titan from Destiny is going or about a year since I pre ordered. Was supposed to be released in January. I ordered from Bungie directly and they charged ASAP. I think I might ask for a refund since I don't even have any hype left for that game anymore.

What's the release window for most the Civil War figures? I'd imagine that they are the best sellers for Hot Toys so they get fast tracked compared to Star Wars which keeps getting delays unless it's a trooper.

New SHF Vegeta and others are up on Amiami (sold out elsewhere). Had no idea Vegeta would be going up today....Where's the best source of info for these?

New SHF Vegeta and others are up on Amiami (sold out elsewhere). Had no idea Vegeta would be going up today....Where's the best source of info for these?

it's prob good to check bandai's page daily or if you're lazy like me to check some asian toys sites that have some people hawking the companies twitter and web page etc.
I usually see them while looking at Macross releases bc they pretty much release them at the same time.

i saw vegeta but didn't think there was much interest in him on here so i didn't post.

LiK

What's the release window for most the Civil War figures? I'd imagine that they are the best sellers for Hot Toys so they get fast tracked compared to Star Wars which keeps getting delays unless it's a trooper.

most are next year. won't see most of them anytime soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Marvel Legends X-Men Juggernaut BAF wave packaging pic

13305149_1080935901952376_7247288343919696210_o.jpg

SeanC

I finally got the Figuarts Luke Skywalker (Jedi) and am pleasantly surprised. First, very posable, moreso than the other two Figuarts I have (Phasma and Kylo) so really dig that and may have to end up getting the Vader with it. Secondly in person the sculpt looks far better than the pics - particularly the hair which has an almost metallic shininess to it that pics don't really capture.

Had sat on getting it for a while but saw it up on Amazon for $60 and went ahead and bought it. Really dig it. Also bought some museum putty so I can put these guys on a shelf. I wish they came with stands of some sort.

it's prob good to check bandai's page daily or if you're lazy like me to check some asian toys sites that have some people hawking the companies twitter and web page etc.
I usually see them while looking at Macross releases bc they pretty much release them at the same time.

i saw vegeta but didn't think there was much interest in him on here so i didn't post.

I usually check Nippon-Yassan daily but didn't check a second like usual. I noticed Nin-Nin had Vegeta up last week but was confused and thought it was the Premium version. Ah well. Secured one through Amiami even if don't prefer to use them. For others waiting, just check NY and CDJapan on release. They had Trunks again at release.

Wolverine Legends looks real good. But having never purchased a Legends, it's one train I don't want to get on!

I usually check Nippon-Yassan daily but didn't check a second like usual. I noticed Nin-Nin had Vegeta up last week but was confused and thought it was the Premium version.

oh, i was referring to asian toy forum sites or direct jyp SHF site for news as they announce ahead of time when they will drop.

i'm pretty sure myfigurecollection has a forum dedicated to SHF but i rarely go on there.

checking import stores daily can be painful.

oh, i was referring to asian toy forum sites or direct jyp SHF site for news as they announce ahead of time when they will drop.

i'm pretty sure myfigurecollection has a forum dedicated to SHF but i rarely go on there.

checking import stores daily can be painful.

Good idea. Forgot sideshow forum has SHF threads!

Messi

Full list so far

Captain America
(Hail Hydra)
: Jul 2016 - Sep 2016
Winter Soldier: Jul 2016 - Sep 2016
Ant Man: Sep 2016 - Nov 2016
Hawkeye: Aug 2016 - Oct 2016
Black Widow: Sep 2016 - Nov 2016
Falcon: Sep 2016 - Nov 2016
Scarlet Witch: Nov 2016 - Jan 2017
Black Panther: Nov 2016 - Jan 2017
War Machine: Nov 2016 - Jan 2017
Iron Man: Jun 2017 - Aug 2017

Post all the figuarts, brother!

Whats the difference between that Vegeta and the recently released Premium color version? I could only glance real quick at work.

Post all the figuarts, brother!

Whats the difference between that Vegeta and the recently released Premium color version? I could only glance real quick at work.

New Vegeta has the new body type as SSJ Trunks. Hip joints are different, now has torso movement. I have read the shoulders or arms are slightly tweaked as well. It looks kinda bulkier as well, but might just be me.

Got around to opening my SSJGSS Vegeta. It's...pretty basic, it looks nice. I prefer the OG Vegeta from a few years back (the armour is better in that) but they did a good job on this blue hair.

Looking forward to receiving CW Cap, but judging by early pics, I prefer the original release. Lots of cool SHF figs to look forward to for sure.

Wanderer5

20160601162614_zpslqzrnise.jpg

Marth Nendoroid.<3 Was so excited when GSC revealed his concept art last year in Feb, and now here he is. Honestly the elbow joints irks me a bit (he one of those super posable nendo. The knee joints doesn't seem bad at all through), but otherwise he turned out awesome.

DemiMatt

So this just happened . . .

Really trying hard not to order anyone from Team Iron Man, really fiending for Iron Man & Black Widow . . . maybe Vision & Spidey based on sculpts . . . . But 2016 will be a good year for figures!

Messi

So this just happened . . .

Really trying hard not to order anyone from Team Iron Man, really fiending for Iron Man & Black Widow . . . maybe Vision & Spidey based on sculpts . . . . But 2016 will be a good year for figures!

I believe the Vision from Ultron is the same one in civil war and we won't be getting another figure yet.

DemiMatt

I believe the Vision from Ultron is the same one in civil war and we won't be getting another figure yet.

That will be a big relief.

Really curious whether there will be any other limited releases or costume variants this year. I'd love to have a Black Widow in the tan jacket from the beginning of the movie. I'm thinking of selling my MK IV for the XLVI.

Thank you! You've been a huge help.

You're welcome!

NECA posted this cool "behind the scenes" look at the Kenner Clan Leader Predator figure on their Twitter account earlier.

Cj4EdelW0AAw1yG.jpg:large

I think he's going to be my first purchase in their Kenner tribute line. Well, maybe him and Ghost if they hit at the same time. Unless I take the plunge on one of the older figures first. Man, I'm so weak.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This wave is going to be scalped into fucking oblivion. Hope I actually manage to find a Deadpool and Kitty.

If they don't double-pack Deadpool then it's going to be a total shitshow. I'm probably going to preorder a case since I like the whole wave and the BAF.
EDIT: I forgot about the Havok figure. There's no slot to double-pack anything. Yeah, that wave is fucked.

Really looking forward to the Marvel Legends X-Men wave. Definitely picking up Wolverine and Phoenix. Love me some '80s Claremont X-Men.

Apparently there's gonna be a second X-Men wave later that'll include Colossus and Dazzler.

I'm swimming in damn Marvel Legends, they are coming out so fast.
I have the X-men Wave and new spider-man Wave preordered plus Captain Britain,Iron Skull, Crossbones(Rumored) and Civil War Scarlet Witch. It is a great time to be a Marvel Legends collector.

dankir

Hot Toys Iron Patriot is one of my favorite IM3 armors, just because of the color scheme.

Goddam that Kingarts sculpt is bad though.

Jaeger

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line? There are a few characters already in the works in the forms of statues and stuff, so those would be avoided. Those characters are;

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

Everyone else (including enemies and bosses) are being floated around.

Hagi

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line? There are a few characters already in the works in the forms of statues and stuff, so those would be avoided. Those characters are;

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

I'll buy anything really but I'd really want an Elite Knight figure because that's my favourite armor in the game.

NEO0MJ

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line?

Wer're getting Artorias and Ornstein statues? Nice. I love the design of those two. Looks like Artorias will be huge, though. Gotta save up.

As for figures, I don't know right now, there's so many potential choices. Right now I'll just say the Havel set, Alva set, Fume Knight set, Fire Witch set, and Gundyr's set. The regular non-boss armor in general is not that amazing looking back.

Jaeger

I'll buy anything really but I'd really want an Elite Knight figure because that's my favourite armor in the game.

The Elite Knight has definitely been floated around. :)

Wer're getting Artorias and Ornstein statues? Nice. I love the design of those two. Looks like Artorias will be huge, though. Gotta save up.

As for figures, I don't know right now, there's so many potential choices. Right now I'll just say the Havel set, Alva set, Fume Knight set, Fire Witch set, and Gundyr's set. The regular non-boss armor in general is not that amazing looking back.

Havel is another that has been floated. as are some of the others you mentioned. Thank you for the feedback!

The team is looking to stick to DS1 and DS3, for the moment. But that is not to exclude other potential figures from previous Souls titles. The idea is posability, and the ability to swap weapons with ease through well designed hands. Maybe even stuff like weapon packs in the future, as well?

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

For sure depending on the price and the quality of the figures. Elite Knight for sure, some of the bosses, Drakeblood armor, etc.

Top Bottom