• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

1upsuper

So, let's say there was talk about some Dark Souls related/inspired figures in the works, on a limited scale release, and around 7"; very detailed and having articulation on par with let's say, Movie Realization/Super Imaginative Chogokin figures, would you all be interested? If so, what characters would you like to see in that line? There are a few characters already in the works in the forms of statues and stuff, so those would be avoided. Those characters are;

Ornstein
Artorias
Sif

Everyone else (including enemies and bosses) are being floated around.

I would take literally anything, seriously.

But here's what I would especially love:

Gravelord Nito
Seath the Scaleless
Smough
Siegmeyer/lende/ward
Solaire of Astora
Priscilla the Halfbreed
Fire Keeper (DaS 3)
Gwyn
Gwyndolin
Quelaag/her sister
Gaping Dragon
Gundyr
Red Knight set. The statue is not enough
Wheel skeleton
N
ameless King
Mirrah Set
Silver/Black Knight

And probably more I can't think of at the moment. You should really consider some DaS2 stuff though. Emerald Herald and Fume Knight figures would be awesome.

On an unrelated note, why on earth are Zenigata and Jigen exclusives? I mean, I have to get them, but I just wish it wouldn't cost so much.

Phasma released in HK

13417692_968730723247916_6490143882648432101_n.jpg

13413738_283986655274132_3625458450587572929_n.jpg

Really want a Hot Toys Robocop and ED-209, thinking about checking them out on the weekend.
Be careful with ED-209. They were stupid and didn't bother fixing his cracking rubber issue that was present in the first version. His dome and rubber parts can be falling apart when you open the box up. Or if it's in perfect condition this is something that can happen over time.

If you can pick one up with no issues, there's a "fix" where you can apply mod podge to prevent the cracking from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmYGhBKDrPA&feature=youtu.be

Jaeger

Thank you all for the feedback. The info will be passed on to the artist/sculptor. I will keep everyone posted of course.

In other news, preordered both versions the second I saw them go up.

xjP3Gmf.jpg

GKm0rTT.jpg

Hopefully this means Guyver III is forthcoming. And maybe some Zoanoids and Zoalords.

1upsuper

Hell yes, F4F Artorias statue preorders open next Tuesday. I am so in!

Do we know how much it'll cost? I'm having a hard time finding any substantial information on this thing. At 1:4 scale it's definitely going to be lightyears beyond my price range though, which really, really sucks.

1upsuper

Damn, that Shin Godzilla is sexy. The red background was a great choice. Gonna have to pick him up probably.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Macross. I'm a Transformers guy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got the impression that there is a second mouth on the tail since the trailer and then there was this a few weeks ago:

EDIT: It's Anno after all. His Kaiju usually seem to have a bunch of nasty surprises.

Yup looks like another mouth with teeth, alright! Maybe this is like a possessed demon Gojira or something, this time.

Amalthea

Banned
Yup looks like another mouth with teeth, alright! Maybe this is like a possessed demon Gojira or something, this time.
I think they go more with a Fukushima mutant theme, like those alleged mutant plants from there:

Shin Godzi also has tons of theeth and useless little toes. I guess like that tomato his mutated genes just kept randomly grow all kinds of shit all over his body.

LiK

Do we know how much it'll cost? I'm having a hard time finding any substantial information on this thing. At 1:4 scale it's definitely going to be lightyears beyond my price range though, which really, really sucks.

I'm guessing $300-400. Hopefully less but thankfully, they have those Flexpay options so I'll take advantage of that. The statue actually looks great and Artorias is one of my fave Souls designs so I must have it. I hope they don't do an exclusive version.

Received some new NECA Predator figures. Getting back into the movie accurate line, these ones are from their Predator 2 line. Up first is Guardian Predator, or better known as Gort.

KaVteJx.jpg

rRJMCYz.jpg

9PVgDLM.jpg

OXP94xt.jpg

5Dfqk2Y.jpg

Zhhgilv.jpg

KEMgZ7W.jpg

Lots of articulation that works well on this guy. His spear gives him a ton of posing options. The red, black and white paint job is gorgeous. I love the mask. It has a cool bronze wash to it that makes the design pop. He was always my favorite of the Lost Tribe, and he makes for an awesome figure.

Up next is the Elder Predator v2, better known as Greyback.

kVVX7wv.jpg

VLISzGA.jpg

uOlz5TT.jpg

BqLh32z.jpg

wv0Q5ck.jpg

This was NECA's second go round with this guy. The first one wasn't entirely movie accurate, and I guess he had a ton of breaking issues. The paint job on him is phenomenal. I love the greys and blues used to give hims aged look. The sculpt work is amazing. Just tons of little details on him. The articulation isn't as great as Gort, but its fine. He's an elder statesman, so I wouldn't want to put him in more action oriented poses, like Gort. He can offer his flintlock pistol just fine.

I'm definitely looking to add some more of the Lost Tribe to my collection. Unfortunately the second hand market prices for these guys are really insane. As much as I love the Lost Predator, I'm not shelling out $100 for him.

1upsuper

I'm guessing $300-400. Hopefully less but thankfully, they have those Flexpay options so I'll take advantage of that. The statue actually looks great and Artorias is one of my fave Souls designs so I must have it. I hope they don't do an exclusive version.

Thanks. Artorias is one of my favorite designs in the series as well. We'll see if I can pull this off.

It's coming together nicely!

l0PdGvr.jpg

Even did my first mod on a figure and raised the cod piece and moved the belt boxes closer to the buckle like the movies. The belt boxes scared me with the amount of resistance.

WTKYqRA.jpg

NEO0MJ

Beeeautiful. Looks fantastic!

I hope that movie has some other monsters... It's been a long while since we've gotten a new non-Godzilla Monsterarts figure.

Spoilers

The tail comes off and fights Godzilla later. That's why it has a mouth and is so long. It's actually a parasitic space worm that attached itself to the big G.

JLynn

Good God Almighty!

I hope they're not finals. Both looks a little off. Anyway, I never thought I'd seen SHFs of those two. And the reaction is such a divide as most of the SHF collectors are disappointed it's not Liger and (Insert Japanese pro wrestler), and most of the wrestling figure collectors are gripping their MISB Mattels tight saying they're not going to pay $60 for small, skinny figures.

NEO0MJ

Just so people know, HLJ are doing a sale right now. Some decent stuff are on offer. I now have to choose between the Takara MP-10 Convoy or the Sentinel Bellerophon. I really want both but one has to go.

Thank you all for the feedback. The info will be passed on to the artist/sculptor. I will keep everyone posted of course.

In other news, preordered both versions the second I saw them go up.

xjP3Gmf.jpg

GKm0rTT.jpg

Hopefully this means Guyver III is forthcoming. And maybe some Zoanoids and Zoalords.

Alright! I live in hope then that Guyver 2 and 3 are re-released. Please make it happen!

NEO0MJ

Welp, I went with the Bellerophon. Sorry Prime but this is just sooo good looking and based on what I read a joy to handle.
Plus it was designed by Don so it's a distant cousin of yours!

63.png

June 23rd for Sherlock Hound Figma, finally! Looking forward to this.

I've been seeing this thing forever. While I have no interest in it I'm glad fans finally got it. Nothing worse than waiting an eternity for a figure you want.

Welp, I went with the Bellerophon. Sorry Prime but this is just sooo good looking and based on what I read a joy to handle.
Plus it was designed by Don so it's a distant cousin of yours!

http://kumastyledesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/63.png[/IMG

I've been seeing this thing forever. While I have no interest in it I'm glad fans finally got it. Nothing worse than waiting an eternity for a figure you want.[/QUOTE]
This looks pretty sweet. Anything else done by this company?

NEO0MJ

This looks pretty sweet. Anything else done by this company?

Nope. They're a new company and this is their first work. Its been in development for years and I didn't even notice that it was released. Maybe that's for the best, as I got it cheaper now!
They do however have plans for expansions, like a droid that can combine with this in several ways. They even have a comic series that tells its story. Just look up Mecha Workshop.

Wanderer5

I've been seeing this thing forever. While I have no interest in it I'm glad fans finally got it. Nothing worse than waiting an eternity for a figure you want.

Heh heh yeah but well it been about a year and a half since the concept art placeholder was revealed, so not too bad. Better than something like Lucina Figma lol, who not only got delayed from April to June to late August last year, but was also in the prototype mode for a while apparently (didn't get her through so I didn't suffer :D).

LiK

F4F Artorias statue preorders are open.

$480 for Regular
$500 for Exclusive

Super expensive but I'm doing Flexpay so no big deal.

Top Bottom