• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SUPARSTARX

I wanna collect some FF15 merch but these Play Arts Kai figures keep going up in price. $130 from BBTS for one figure is way too much for the inconsistency of their paint applications and quality control on these figures. Fffff

These things aren't worth the price of a low end discounted Hot Toys due to the quality. :(

LiK

I wanna collect some FF15 merch but these Play Arts Kai figures keep going up in price. $130 from BBTS for one figure is way too much for the inconsistency of their paint applications and quality control on these figures. Fffff

These things aren't worth the price of a low end discounted Hot Toys due to the quality. :(

Their size is way bigger now so that adds to the cost. I'm not getting any unless the characters in the game are interesting. I wish they made one for Noctis' dad.

dankir

fucking shitballs, Hulkbuster is delayed until next March.......

13413103_10209687267561319_1402999696599464768_n.jpg

1upsuper

F4F Artorias statue preorders are open.

$480 for Regular
$500 for Exclusive

Super expensive but I'm doing Flexpay so no big deal.

Unfortunately it's just too rich for my blood. I'm in love with this figure, but even with flexplay it's too much for a college boy like me. Oh well. Here's hoping the articulated Dark Souls figures can fill this void in my soul.

NEO0MJ

Can someone explain to me F4F's flexiplay plan? Are there any caveats? Would I have to pay extra if I use it?

Edit: Just noticed that they only take $30 at first. I thought this was going to be like 3A where you pay upfront. Actually, I'm not sure if I did pay upfront with 3A. Only ever bought the Rex from them.

Edit: Shipping is going to be...fuck. Not sure I want Artorias that much.

LiK

Can someone explain to me F4F's flexiplay plan? Are there any caveats? Would I have to pay extra if I use it?

Edit: Just noticed that they only take $30 at first. I thought this was going to be like 3A where you pay upfront. Actually, I'm not sure if I did pay upfront with 3A. Only ever bought the Rex from them.

Edit: Shipping is going to be...fuck. Not sure I want Artorias that much.

everything explained in the payment options. It works a lot like Sideshow's Flexpay. In fact, they straight up ripped it off. I'm glad they added a 6 time payment option. They only had 3 before when they started it.

But yea, there's a NRD and the cancellations fees will go up the further in your payments go.

NEO0MJ

everything explained in the payment options. It works a lot like Sideshow's Flexpay. In fact, they straight up ripped it off. I'm glad they added a 6 time payment option. They only had 3 before when they started it.

But yea, there's a NRD and the cancellations fees will go up the further in your payments go.

So as long as I don't cancel they won't take extra? I don't like the TBD part. It might be easier to accept if I spread it out.

LiK

So as long as I don't cancel they won't take extra? I don't like the TBD part. It might be easier to accept if I spread it out.

Yea, I spread it as much as possible. Used to HT Flexpays being delayed with SS. I needs Artorias.

HT fucking butchered their Finn figure. Gonna see if they'll move the NRD to another figure since I've never asked them to before. If not I'll eat it and buy Episode VIII Finn.

I canceled him a few weeks ago with BBTS. Just not loving the original reveal of the face sculpt. This cements my decision. Rey is good enough.

NEO0MJ

Yea, I spread it as much as possible. Used to HT Flexpays being delayed with SS. I needs Artorias.

That's cool. I preordered now. May god have mercy on my wallet ;_;

During the last couple of months I spent more on toys than during the past two years, lol.

Hagi

Easy pass especially with that expression. I don't really want a pissed off Finn because for me at least it's not a good representation of the character. Oh and the original sculpt looks a lot better.

dankir

Special Iron Man figures for the Shangai Hot Toy store opening.

Mark IV being re-released.

13450838_10153585709317344_3654271046762537860_n.jpg

13412178_10153585709472344_8622064599714772741_o.jpg

Midas Gold Chrome special edition
13422444_10153585622227344_6265862596184751806_o.jpg

13418639_10153585622352344_6148741318936226413_o.jpg

Comparisons

13407267_10154409285638714_2266990066748624141_n.jpg

13442563_10154409286133714_3710429024335500679_o.jpg

Heads up Pokémon fans, new Charizard Figuarts is up at Nippon-Yassan. Had no idea this was happening! Preordered instantly.

ArtFX Red is also available to preorder.

Heads up Pokémon fans, new Charizard Figuarts is up at Nippon-Yassan. Had no idea this was happening! Preordered instantly.

It's just a rerelease of the D-Arts version under the Figuarts name with slightly different accessories. I am slightly annoyed because my trolling of Diggeh becomes a bit harder.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a rerelease of the D-Arts version under the Figuarts name with slightly different accessories. I am slightly annoyed because my trolling of Diggeh becomes a bit harder.

Silly Haloid, you can't troll me! I hold all the cards!
And your Mythic Legions figures

I'm really happy Charizard is getting a rerelease. Now I just need to somehow get figma Pit and Dark Pit for not-$150+-each and the three huge gaps in my Smash figure collection will finally be filled. :)

Pretty much. Actually comes with more flame accessories. The first one was...one fire ball or something like that I think. Good for those that missed out the first release. I'm happy with the first release, but eh, it's Charizard, so I'm not gonna say no to it!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy Charizard is getting a rerelease. Now I just need to somehow get figma Pit and Dark Pit for not-$150+-each and the three huge gaps in my Smash figure collection will finally be filled. :)

I'm caught up with the Pokemon D-Arts/SH Figuarts (and decided to get the GEM figures too, which are all so amazing!) but yes, both Pits really really need a reprint! GSC also needs to re-release Kill la Kill everything.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm caught up with the Pokemon D-Arts/SH Figuarts (and decided to get the GEM figures too, which are all so amazing!) but yes, both Pits really really need a reprint! GSC also needs to re-release Kill la Kill everything.

I'm baffled there hasn't been a Figuarts Greninja yet considering he's the most popular new Pokemon in a long time. C'mon Bandai, more for the Smash collection! :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm baffled there hasn't been a Figuarts Greninja yet considering he's the most popular new Pokemon in a long time. C'mon Bandai, more for the Smash collection! :)

Good point. Already have stuff like Mewtwo, Lucario, Pikachu, and even Mega Blaziken. Greninja was only crowned the most popular Pokemon in Japan too. I still think it's a biased vote, because on the last day they held the voting was the day he fully transformed into the Ash Greninja, so the "cool" factor probably overwhelmed viewers and they voted :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...after looking it up the Charizard isn't an EXACT reprint... it comes with bonus flames and such :x ...now I'm thinking about it... Sucks it's a Bandai Store exclusive, cause that makes it more pricey and not as easy to find :/

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
...after looking it up the Charizard isn't an EXACT reprint... it comes with bonus flames and such :x ...now I'm thinking about it... Sucks it's a Bandai Store exclusive, cause that makes it more pricey and not as easy to find :/

Web exclusive means ponying up to BBTS' prices!

Just received the latest addition to my ever-growing Predator Tribe. This is Snake Predator, aka Shadow Predator from the Lost Tribe that appears at the end of Predator 2.

pR9CD8N.jpg

UwBRth5.jpg

BOPSxgz.jpg

6vLUnuQ.jpg

UoLBp5R.jpg

Viwl4cH.jpg

jCNxz4q.jpg

GC8UTqb.jpg

Really cool Predator. The snake themed paint is gorgeous. I dig his short dreadlocks, which means he's a younger Predator. He has a really mean look. Very savage, which is what made me want him. The animal pelts on him really drive home the primitive feel of this character. I wish he had an extended Combistick, instead of the retracted one he comes with. I feel like it would really make for some vicious looking poses. As cool as the Lost Tribe Predators are, I think Shadow Predator will be the last one I get. The rest are largely going for insane prices in the after market. Now I'm just waiting for NECA to release their Ultimate City Hunter figure to complete my Predator 2 tribe.

Top Bottom