• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hot Toys Phasma is too short by kind of a lot. Either that or Finn is too tall.

Hot Toys Phasma is too short by kind of a lot. Either that or Finn is too tall.

Right up to her nose, kinda on the money.

facing2.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Right up to her nose, kinda on the money.

facing2.jpg

A painting.
Anyway she's seven inches taller and the armor has heels and extra room in the helmet that add three inches.

LiK

Finn looks bad. His dead expression is what kills it for me. Something about it just doesn't capture the actor's face that well.

TAJ

Did you really expect them to design a new mold for her and not recycle the regular Stormtrooper?

Might as well. Parts of the armor are very different anyway, especially the helmet and around the crotch.
I understand the thinking behind the how-big-it-seems approach but I'm not a fan.

NEO0MJ

I see where you guys are coming from but I doubt most companies consider that important enough to begin anew. No matter how high-end they are companies won't miss a chance to save a few bucks. As we've seem with Hasbro it seems retooling a kit is easier than before (some very extensively) so this seems like a practice that's here to stay.

Oh, and we're nearing the end of the HLJ.com sale so now's your chance to make sure you got everything you want.

TAJ

I'm working out in the boonies and stopped at a Walgreens during a break. They still had BS Leia in Boussh disguise somehow. Score.

3A / threezero Fallout 4 T-45 power armor
fVJ6h8h.jpg

Storm Collectibles 1:12 RYU

Storm Collectibles is honored to work with Capcom to produce a series of the most popular combat game - Street Fighter, for high quality 1:12 scale action figure. The first upcoming character from SFV series is RYU.

Ryu is the main character of the Street Fighter fighting games series and he appears in every SF game, as well as in Street Fighter V. No doubt Ryu has become one of the most iconic character in the fighting game genre.

Storm Collectibles is bringing our 1/6 scale quality into the 1/12, recreating Ryu from game to real life - with Ryu’s the most signature white karate gi with the sleeves torn off, medium length hair, a long red headband, a pair of red gloves, a black martial arts belt and bare feet.

The figure is 177mm tall with over 30 points of joint that able to pose Ryu special moves: Hadoken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!
The figure set also include:
- The effect of Hadoken
- 3 exchangeable facial expression
- 4 exchangeable palms
FERGlcIl.jpg

hArHvsjl.jpg

4GPLXx7l.jpg

ScASdFBl.jpg

WqQ2idDl.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Storm Collectibles is honored to work with Capcom to produce a series of the most popular combat game - Street Fighter, for high quality 1:12 scale action figure. The first upcoming character from SFV series is RYU.

That looks rad. Any idea on the price point?

paolo11

3A / threezero Fallout 4 T-45 power armor
fVJ6h8h.jpg

Ryu is the main character of the Street Fighter fighting games series and he appears in every SF game, as well as in Street Fighter V. No doubt Ryu has become one of the most iconic character in the fighting game genre.

Storm Collectibles is bringing our 1/6 scale quality into the 1/12, recreating Ryu from game to real life - with Ryu’s the most signature white karate gi with the sleeves torn off, medium length hair, a long red headband, a pair of red gloves, a black martial arts belt and bare feet.

The figure is 177mm tall with over 30 points of joint that able to pose Ryu special moves: Hadoken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!
The figure set also include:
- The effect of Hadoken
- 3 exchangeable facial expression
- 4 exchangeable palms
FERGlcIl.jpg

hArHvsjl.jpg

4GPLXx7l.jpg

ScASdFBl.jpg

WqQ2idDl.jpg

I'm buying that ryu.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Why is it so hard to find a Darkseid action figure and why are the ones that exist so damn expensive?

Right!? There's never been a decent classic Darkseid figure. There's that one classic Darkseid that was in the same line as an Orion and other New Gods, but even that one was just a cheap $15-20 figure; it looked nice for what it was, but it definitely wasn't a high-end figure. And even with that, it's super expensive now because it's pretty much the only one that exists. And then of course you've got the awful figures of Darkseid's New 52 design...

I would absolutely love it if DC Icons did a classic Darkseid. Or better yet, a classic Darkseid Figuarts. That would be fantastic. Now that I'm thinking about it, I would give anything for a Figuarts classic Darkseid and classic Orion, or some other foil for Darkseid to pose alongside him.

That looks rad. Any idea on the price point?

We should find out in a day what the price is in HK

from STORM FB
Our worldwide official distributors:
Hong Kong - (preorders start 6/22)
USA - Bluefin Distribution
Japan - Nauts Inc.
China - BBICN
EU - HEO
EU - PBM Express
Singapore - The Falcon's Hangar
Taiwan - MP.12 International
Korea - KnK Group
Russia - Mafia

edit:
pre-orders in hong kong are about 390-430 HKD which = to $50-55

Code:
[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/Blitzway-Ghostbusters-Announcement-3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/Blitzway-Ghostbusters-Announcement-1.jpg[/IMG]

JLynn

Any news of any new non Toynami Voltron figures? I coulda swore Mad Toys were in talks with WEP so they can prevent another Miracle Productions debacle.

NEO0MJ

Any news of any new non Toynami Voltron figures? I coulda swore Mad Toys were in talks with WEP so they can prevent another Miracle Productions debacle.

Don't think I heard anything. It's crazy the licensing difficulties surrounding Voltron and other mecha shows. The Toynami version looks nice but it's too big for me and not worth the asking price.

Wanderer5

Payment for Sherlock Hound Figma has come, and sheesh still $85 even with the preorder discount and SAL registered (which I was a bit worry there that the car would put it up to EMS shipping lol, but it seems the package weight isn't that close to that point).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
At least it's easier to estimate the actual cost since it's basically on the dollar now!
AmiAmi orders gonna hurt so much soon

Simo

The likeness on Ford here is blowing my mind. Crazy how spot on it is. Shame they couldn't do the same on the ANH version.

Terrific head sculpt. Like, really fucking eerie. lol

$520 though?! Fuuuuuck that. I'll just get Han. EDIT: Scratch that. $250 for Han?! Fuck that too. lol

Kinda crazy though that Chewie is spiking up the price and I got both BvS Batman and Superman, Special Editions, for nearly $100 less off of Sideshow's website. lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So at least one figure sitting on my Amazon wishlist has "frustration-free packaging". That's the first time I've seen that for a boxed, collectible item. I've only bought once with this label, and I think it was an SD card or something small like that, and came in just a small plastic packet.

Anyone order a figure off Amazon with this packaging to know what it's like for that kind of item?

Simo

So excited to get these 2. Both look great.

Cki5n5s.jpg

GGTp5Gt.jpg

A8EOXL3.jpg

Very cool display.

Is that a Detolf with IKEA's LED dioders? I need some lighting for my Detolf, are the dioders worth it or does anybody else have other suggestions? I'm liking the lighting look in those photos though!

Top Bottom