• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

JLynn

starting to think we're never getting a Hot Toys Civil War Spider-man :(

Shit, I started to think we would never get a Japanese designed Golion/Voltron figure. But it's coming, but I have to wait three weeks to see it.

And speaking of three weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge Hot Toys 1/6 scale Civil War diorama like they did for Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy last year. Point is....

about-to-go-down.gif

NEO0MJ

Looking again at that Voltron I'm kinda worried about the Lions' chrome legs and how thin the head is. Still, this is the most excited I've been for a SOC in a long time, though to be fair it's almost dead now.

Zombine

Banned
Obi Wan (Episode II) and Iron Man dropped on Ami Ami.

Slowly working our way through those Star Wars figures announced a year ago lol.

Picked up a couple of these awesome obitsu stands. They're less than $10 and come with lots of ways to pose(angled pieces,marvel legends size port plugs, waist clips)

6KgZSRa.jpg

JLynn

Looking again at that Voltron I'm kinda worried about the Lions' chrome legs and how thin the head is. Still, this is the most excited I've been for a SOC in a long time, though to be fair it's almost dead now.

I believe Bandai Japan got all they could from the Japanese market. They saw how well the MMPR Figuarts were selling and wanted to keep it going with their SOC line and what better a bot to start catering to the West with than the King of One Hundred Beasts? Maybe Optimus Prime but Bandai don't play well with Hasbro.

I am not a Godzilla fan in the slightest. I would never buy a figure of him. But dammit, they look really fucking cool. I appreciate the work that goes into them.

Zombine

Banned
I'm in for Obi-Wan as well, but I swear it's just a head swap. I'm having a hard time seeing anything different other than the mullet.

I think he might have an extra pocket for maximum death stick storage.

I'm in for Obi-Wan as well, but I swear it's just a head swap. I'm having a hard time seeing anything different other than the mullet.

I think he might have an extra pocket for maximum death stick storage.

I have a hard time believing they would bother to sculpt anything different except for the absolute bare minimum. New molds cost money!

NEO0MJ

I believe Bandai Japan got all they could from the Japanese market. They saw how well the MMPR Figuarts were selling and wanted to keep it going with their SOC line and what better a bot to start catering to the West with than the King of One Hundred Beasts? Maybe Optimus Prime but Bandai don't play well with Hasbro.

I guess that's true. They should at least reissue their old releases. Some are just too obscenely overpriced now.

Just received NECA's Concept Alien figure. He's based on Giger's original translucent costume prototype for the Xenomorph. He developed the material for the suit and everything, but could never get it to work to his satisfaction. As a result, they went with the black material that we all know and fear. Translucence might not have worked for the big screen, but how does it work for an action figure?

hSF2mdt.jpg

AZANdoD.jpg

O6ZYbcg.jpg

oC9Spfo.jpg

0PXHzTB.jpg

moM7A12.jpg

eQAlgBp.jpg

glNDcVm.jpg

mBjL4v5.jpg

Now this guy is cool! The translucent material allows the figure to take on different bone white shades depending on how much light passes through him. It also makes the underlying bone structure more apparent because, you know, the creature just wasn't freaky enough to begin with. Of course this is the basic Big Chap figure, so it doesn't have the super crazy articulation of the newer Alien figures, but that's fine. I haven't been adding Aliens to my collection at the same rate as Predators, only because its harder for them to feel "unique". This guy, however, feels like his own creature, despite sharing the same sculpt as the classic Big Chap. He looks unique on the shelf and really catches the eye. Great Alien figure, and I'm looking forward to more prototype figures in the line.

Fury451

Banned

HT is really weird about announcements. Sometimes they announce a property and it goes MIA for what seems like years, other times they out of the blue announce with a prototype ready. Or, like Drax, he's finally revealed after the rest of the line has been out for awhile.

Would be shocked if there's no Spidey at all. I'm largely out of the 1/6 game now due to prices, but I couldn't resist Civil War Scarlet Witch, and finally getting myself a Cap. Then I'm done for real, tempting as a Spidey would be.

at least it's not the horrible red color that Titan got. gonna skip it since i'm no longer a Destiny player. i would consider buying a figure based on the NPCs instead tho.

Right? I skipped the Titan because I couldn't stand the red armor/gun/everything. Best part is this time there will be 3 different shader versions this time around.

I'm hoping they eventually get some of the other armor sets. I'd do terrible things for a Vault of Glass warlock set, or the one of the other raid sets.

LiK

Right? I skipped the Titan because I couldn't stand the red armor/gun/everything. Best part is this time there will be 3 different shader versions this time around.

I'm hoping they eventually get some of the other armor sets. I'd do terrible things for a Vault of Glass warlock set, or the one of the other raid sets.

yea, it would be nice if they sold armor sets. they would make a shitload of money.

cr0w

Old Member

They're probably going to wait until the Spidey movie releases. There wasn't much time between the announcement that he'd be in CW and the movie's release. Generally they get pre-production materials about six months in advance to develop the figure, but his inclusion wasn't even secured until after filming had started.

LiK

They're probably going to wait until the Spidey movie releases. There wasn't much time between the announcement that he'd be in CW and the movie's release. Generally they get pre-production materials about six months in advance to develop the figure, but his inclusion wasn't even secured until after filming had started.

yea, we will see it soon. easy money.

dankir

Ooooooooo looks like Hot Toys has been busy. No wonder Hulkbuster is delayed to next year.

Today we are pleased to announce the Hot Toys 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure is getting revamped with further highly movie-accurate features and designs, including fans’ highly desired feature to put in Hot Toys 1/6th scale @[7057882289:274:Iron Man] Mark XLIII collectible figure (not included) inside the Hulkbuster after removing the included Mark XLIII upper body; metal joints implementation in various parts of the inner frame; an all-new retracting helmet design so it is no longer needed to swap out the part and able to display the armor in different stages of suiting up, and updated gauntlet designs which further recreate the movie-accurate and highly detailed mechanical design of the gigantic machine’s powerful arm! To facilitate all these incredible updates and phenomenal movie-accurate features that meet Hot Toys’ high quality standards, we are putting in our greatest efforts in the creation of this astonishing Hulkbuster collectible figure and the release date will be changed to Q2, 2017. Once again we would like to thank our fans for the patience and support. Please stay tuned for the release of this truly stunning collectible figure that will surely become a remarkable centerpiece in your treasured collection! #Marvel #Avengers #AgeOfUltron #IronMan #Hulkbuster #MarkXLIII

13576681_10153628615332344_8055185568445699097_o.jpg

13558678_10153628615737344_6428844290030134105_o.jpg

13603801_10153628615447344_2930480411564922893_o.jpg

My god.

EDIT: Dankir pls

Today we are pleased to announce the Hot Toys 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure is getting revamped with further highly movie-accurate features and designs, including fans’ highly desired feature to put in Hot Toys 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XLIII collectible figure (not included) inside the Hulkbuster after removing the included Mark XLIII upper body; metal joints implementation in various parts of the inner frame; an all-new retracting helmet design so it is no longer needed to swap out the part and able to display the armor in different stages of suiting up, and updated gauntlet designs which further recreate the movie-accurate and highly detailed mechanical design of the gigantic machine’s powerful arm!

To facilitate all these incredible updates and phenomenal movie-accurate features that meet Hot Toys’ high quality standards, we are putting in our greatest efforts in the creation of this astonishing Hulkbuster collectible figure and the release date will be changed to Q2, 2017.

Once again we would like to thank our fans for the patience and support. Please stay tuned for the release of this truly stunning collectible figure that will surely become a remarkable centerpiece in your treasured collection!

KingV

I have a hard time believing they would bother to sculpt anything different except for the absolute bare minimum. New molds cost money!

I'm pretty sure it is just a head swap, and maybe some different paint on the belt.

That said, I was pretty pleasantly surprised that Mace Windu was basically a 100% new sculpt. Hasbro probably would not have done that.

Does anyone have some affordable options for stands for 12" highly articulated figures?

Looking at the 12" Marvel Legends line that is coming but they don't include stands. So I just wanted to get some decent ones before they release.

Jamesways

Just received NECA's Concept Alien figure. He's based on Giger's original translucent costume prototype for the Xenomorph. He developed the material for the suit and everything, but could never get it to work to his satisfaction. As a result, they went with the black material that we all know and fear. Translucence might not have worked for the big screen, but how does it work for an action figure?

Now this guy is cool! The translucent material allows the figure to take on different bone white shades depending on how much light passes through him. It also makes the underlying bone structure more apparent because, you know, the creature just wasn't freaky enough to begin with. .
That is awesome! I have the Anniversary one they did a few years ago, but I haven't seen this translucent one on shelves yet. They've come a long way since the first Alien figure release.

I said it before in this thread, but the sculpt is spot on. I've had A LOT of Giger Alien figures and statues through the years, and this one is by far one of the best versions you can get.
Aliens_zpsse1h9ixk.jpg

Top Bottom