• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I'm shocked that Action Figure Gaffers aren't losing their minds over the first Suicide Squad Hot Toy to be shown let alone it being the Leto Joker...(unless I've missed something).

Action Figure Gaf...you've changed...

Zero emotional attachment to the character until I see the movie. Plus, I don't like the look/design and haven't since it was shown. If Leto kills it in Suicide Squad though, that may change my view and get me more excited for another round of Joker figures.

This arrived last week:

13590526_1339098969451067_955744499718336445_n.jpg

13592820_1339098972784400_3776515951088533806_n.jpg

Zero emotional attachment to the character until I see the movie. Plus, I don't like the look/design and haven't since it was shown. If Leto kills it in Suicide Squad though, that may change my view and get me more excited for another round of Joker figures.

I hadn't realised the character was so divisive. he isn't of particular interest to me, but then I like the Iron Man line which is not to everyone's liking either. I thought people would be psyched for Suicide Squad Hot Toys and that this would be just the beginning of it all...

This arrived last week:

13590526_1339098969451067_955744499718336445_n.jpg

13592820_1339098972784400_3776515951088533806_n.jpg

I have $400 in reward points, I think ima pick him up. He looks great

Theres too many Hot Toys that I want. Think Ill use my reward points to get Bobba Fett and Armored Batman. I'll put the Warrior Alien on a payment plan. Think Ima skip on getting Batfleck since there will eventually be future versions of him

Messi

Just think when they announce that Dr. Harleen Quinnzel Hot Toy to go with this one. She will come with the other chair and table.

You and me are thinking the same thing. It's why I am hovering over the preorder button. I know I'll go for harleen in a heartbeat and this goes perfectly with her.

Hagi

I hope they go all in on Harley Hot Toys so I can get her in that orange jumpsuit she wears while locked up. She seems to go through quite a few costumes so I can see them doing variants if she's a big seller.

You and me are thinking the same thing. It's why I am hovering over the preorder button. I know I'll go for harleen in a heartbeat and this goes perfectly with her.

Got Han and Chewie set up. I watched a review that said Chewie would fit in a Detolf. Not with the stand! Had to do the pose you see here.

hOW4XWM.jpg

I officially need another Detolf.

yW6LL68.jpg

Messi

I hope they go all in on Harley Hot Toys so I can get her in that orange jumpsuit she wears while locked up. She seems to go through quite a few costumes so I can see them doing variants if she's a big seller.

If he says. This is Harley Quinn friend. She is box office :p

That chewie is really tall huh.

I hadn't realised the character was so divisive. he isn't of particular interest to me, but then I like the Iron Man line which is not to everyone's liking either. I thought people would be psyched for Suicide Squad Hot Toys and that this would be just the beginning of it all...

I love the Joker. Nothing divisive in that regard. I have two detolfs full of Joker figures/statues, etc. Hes my favorite character in comics. I love Batman, too but after watching (and hating) Batman Vs Superman, I have no interest in owning anything from that film. We'll see about Suicide Squad....

jackdoe

I love the Joker. Nothing divisive in that regard. I have two detolfs full of Joker figures/statues, etc. Hes my favorite character in comics. I love Batman, too but after watching (and hating) Batman Vs Superman, I have no interest in owning anything from that film. We'll see about Suicide Squad....
Why let something like your enjoyment of a film determine your Hot Toys purchase? I didn't like Age of Ultron at all, but I pretty much bought the entire line on account on how much I liked the production design.

Why let something like your enjoyment of a film determine your Hot Toys purchase? I didn't like Age of Ultron at all, but I pretty much bought the entire line on account on how much I liked the production design.

I don't much care for figures based purely on the aspects of their design alone though in some cases, it's a big factor. Why would I bother to own a figure from a film I detest? I have zero emotional attachment to it and it's not as though there is a dearth of Batman or Joker figures/statues to choose from in this specific example. I'd prefer to put my money elsewhere.

So yeah, when I budget my money for a $300-$400 figure - I kind of need to some level of "give a fuck" about the source material to make it worthwhile. Especially when so much of what I buy is from films I've truly enjoyed.

olympia

Just received NECA's Concept Alien figure. He's based on Giger's original translucent costume prototype for the Xenomorph. He developed the material for the suit and everything, but could never get it to work to his satisfaction. As a result, they went with the black material that we all know and fear. Translucence might not have worked for the big screen, but how does it work for an action figure?

hSF2mdt.jpg

AZANdoD.jpg

O6ZYbcg.jpg

oC9Spfo.jpg

0PXHzTB.jpg

moM7A12.jpg

eQAlgBp.jpg

glNDcVm.jpg

mBjL4v5.jpg

Now this guy is cool! The translucent material allows the figure to take on different bone white shades depending on how much light passes through him. It also makes the underlying bone structure more apparent because, you know, the creature just wasn't freaky enough to begin with. Of course this is the basic Big Chap figure, so it doesn't have the super crazy articulation of the newer Alien figures, but that's fine. I haven't been adding Aliens to my collection at the same rate as Predators, only because its harder for them to feel "unique". This guy, however, feels like his own creature, despite sharing the same sculpt as the classic Big Chap. He looks unique on the shelf and really catches the eye. Great Alien figure, and I'm looking forward to more prototype figures in the line.

wow, i'm not super crazy about alien but i need this.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If he says. This is Harley Quinn friend. She is box office :p

That chewie is really tall huh.

OT Chewbacca was huge. Mayhew used to be over 7 feet and he was wearing big lifts and an extended head. Lucas wanted him to be 8' but he was more like 7'6".

Snaku

Banned
Just paid for my X-Plus Gigantic series Godzilla 1962. If I hadn't just sold a bunch of stuff the sticker shock might have given me a heart attack. EMS shipping alone set me back over $100. I know I'm gonna love this thing, but it's making me hesitate ordering the Gigantic 1954 in September. Might be better to limit myself to one of these things per year.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I picked up my first figure from Neca. T-800 Endoskeleton. A steal at $10.99. (Walgreens)
I'm gonna have to do something about the gun, though. I don't think the barrel will ever be quite right no matter how much hot water I run over it. Thinking about drilling a hole through the gun with a pin vise and shoving some brass tubing in there to reinforce it.

Well I just bought Hot Toys Ant-Man and I don't regret a thing. I am aware that Civil War version is being released at some point, but I just love the original costume and how it's not quite as refined/finessed as the CW version.

My LCS also got the House Party Protocol Shotgun, Mark IX and Pepper Potts, but I've been reluctant to bite. The design of Shotgun doesn't click with me and it's pretty expensive for a purchase I'm not 100% sold on. Also the price of Mark IX set is insane, but does look good, I could pass on Pepper though. Decisions decisions. Maybe I should just buy Igor Instead and be done with it. Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Messi

Well I just bought Hot Toys Ant-Man and I don't regret a thing. I am aware that Civil War version is being released at some point, but I just love the original costume and how it's not quite as refined/finessed as the CW version.

My LCS also got the House Party Protocol Shotgun, Mark IX and Pepper Potts, but I've been reluctant to bite. The design of Shotgun doesn't click with me and it's pretty expensive for a purchase I'm not 100% sold on. Also the price of Mark IX set is insane, but does look good, I could pass on Pepper though. Decisions decisions. Maybe I should just buy Igor Instead and be done with it. Any advice greatly appreciated!!

You got the best version of Ant Man. The solo film suit is way better than the civil war one.

The newest addition to my Marvel Legends collection just came swinging in. Pizza Spiderman! Sadly, he doesn't really get along too well with some of my other figures.

4SIBqjL.jpg

kMkps2E.jpg

cdJ0goi.jpg

yhrY9at.jpg

ygh1V62.jpg

xSMngzL.jpg

SVfUZCS.jpg

i2nYgxq.jpg

zTBghnn.jpg

Instead of paying the aftermarket premium on this guy, I was going to hold off for the impending Ultimate Spiderman figure. But after seeing some of the reviews that have popped up on YouTube, I opted to pay the extra for this guy. While Ultimate looks like a cool figure, I wasn't crazy about his size. He's a little small for my tastes. So I shelled out the $30 and went with grown ass Spiderman. I'm really happy I did. He's an awesome figure. Utilizing the NECA stand I received with Dog Alien, I can get some awesome swinging poses. I'm seriously considering investing in some spaghetti webs to complete the look. It captures the feel of a Bagley Spiderman, which is awesome. He was definitely worth the premium I paid.

olympia

need that guyver

pardon me if this has been posted already, but they are re-releasing the SHF cell as a premium color version. before now the SHF perfect cell is really hard to get unless you wanna shell out $150 so here's your chance.

also they are releasing cell-saga gohan but there's no good picture of it.

Top Bottom