• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Is that Female Guyver in the newer series? I'm a fan but only of the original cartoon series. If Guyver III is next then I'll be well happy with that. But I'd love Guyver II to complete the set.

Hagi

Is that Female Guyver in the newer series? I'm a fan but only of the original cartoon series. If Guyver III is next then I'll be well happy with that. But I'd love Guyver II to complete the set.

She's from the manga and the purple Goodsmile exclusive version is from the 1986 OVA Out of Control. I think I'm going to to go for the purple one because she looks better in that colour.

Rey/BB8 have been released. I think it looks fantastic. Can't wait. No pics, I'm on mobile but plenty at Sideshowfreaks or Plastic Enimies.

leng jai

Not my pic, stole it from the Sideshow forums:

ab062d7d4f76002e2793e6ebf8042eb5.jpg

Rey looks tiny. Face sculpt looking good though.

Snaku

Banned
She's from the manga and the purple Goodsmile exclusive version is from the 1986 OVA Out of Control. I think I'm going to to go for the purple one because she looks better in that colour.

I really couldn't decide so I ordered both.

Hagi

Is she really that small in the film? It's not a detail I noticed the two times I watched it. Another excuse to watch it again :p

I really want her and BB-8.

NEO0MJ

Is she really that small in the film? It's not a detail I noticed the two times I watched it. Another excuse to watch it again :p

Movies do a good job at confusing you regarding how tall the actors actually are, lol.

Also, just got my stuff, yay!

And man, I have just got to give credit to Mecha Workshop for the amazing job they did on the Bellerophon's packaging. I didn't even mess with the figure much and I feel I got money's worth. A giant bookcover-like box that holds wo boxes inside with highly detailed art on them. And if you put them side by side they show a great piece of art. Really excited to see whatever else they bring.

Gonna post pics of the two later.

Movies do a good job at confusing you regarding how tall the actors actually are, lol.

And man, I have just got to give credit to Mecha Workshop for the amazing job they did on the Bellerophon's packaging. I didn't even mess with the figure much and I feel I got money's worth. A giant bookcover-like box that holds wo boxes inside with highly detailed art on them. And if you put them side by side they show a great piece of art. Really excited to see whatever else they bring.

shockwave = cool!

Are these two from the same line? Boyega's taller but there's not that much of a difference. Rey got the short straw.

Hot Toys fucked up is what it boils down to. The likeness is great and I can always fake height differences in displays, but it is disappointing.

Anyway, I should get my case of the new X-Men Legends wave tomorrow. Super pumped! Best wave for a Hasbro line maybe ever.

The thing is, Adam Driver is 7" taller than her IRL, so displaying her next to Kylo might actually work. Maybe that was what HT was going for I dunno, I can't fathom that they scaled her like that by accident.

And seeing more pics on SSF, Finn is too tall, she scales well with the rest of the Star Wars figures so far it looks like to me.

The thing is, Adam Driver is 7" taller than her IRL, so displaying her next to Kylo might actually work. Maybe that was what HT was going for I dunno, I can't fathom that they scaled her like that by accident.

And seeing more pics on SSF, Finn is too tall, she scales well with the rest of the Star Wars figures so far it looks like to me.

https://youtu.be/bx82oEpv4X0

Budget Starks review.

Toa Tak I think may have been right. Finn might be too tall but I did prove he scales with Phasma so who knows.

Hagi

Wonder if you got a first order trooper and stuck Finn's head on it he would scale better. Doesn't really bother me though as I only really want Rey and an unmasked Kylo Been. Might be cool to get Old Han and Chewie.

Fjordson

Whoa, is that Char mobile suit a figure? Or like a model building thing?

I love Gundam anime, but I'm so ignorant on the figures. I know about Gunpla obviously, but I would love just like high quality Gundam figs. No assembly required lol.

Snaku

Banned
Damn, X-Plus is killing me this month. They're kicking off their Pacific Rim line with Leatherback, and the glow effect under black light is just sick. Can't wait for them to do Knifehead.

Vyer

I haven't really seen much interest in this line here (or much of anything besides imports), but these should be hitting stores soon.

Also, here's a helpful page for anyone interested in the Suicide Squad figures from this line: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/...s-suicidesquad-multiverse-action-figure-line/

Edit: It looks like they're popping up already: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHuhwjMgIFN/

Some of these new ones have caught my interest more than the earlier releases. Namely Zero Year Batman, TDKR Batman, Earth 2 Superman.

Kinda digging a couple of these too.

Number_6

Hi.

I don't usually buy many Marvel Legends, just the occasional figure. That said, I simply cannot resist the two new Ultimate Spider-Man figures coming up in the Space Venom BAF wave.

They have finally appeared on Amazon, but overpriced. Can I expect them to cool down to a regular price as more vendors get their stock, or is this line just going to be too hot and I should just get them now when they're there?

They fucked up Finn more than Rey, since she seems to scale well with the other figures.
Wow, that's a pretty major oversight. Why'd they make Finn so damn tall?
Hi.

I don't usually buy many Marvel Legends, just the occasional figure. That said, I simply cannot resist the two new Ultimate Spider-Man figures coming up in the Space Venom BAF wave.

They have finally appeared on Amazon, but overpriced. Can I expect them to cool down to a regular price as more vendors get their stock, or is this line just going to be too hot and I should just get them now when they're there?
I think when they start popping up in more retailers then they'll lower to something resembling the regular price.

Hi.

They're on third party sellers, not direct from Amazon. When Amazon gets the wave they'll be retail price.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Damn, X-Plus is killing me this month. They're kicking off their Pacific Rim line with Leatherback, and the glow effect under black light is just sick. Can't wait for them to do Knifehead.

Oh, hot damn. That's awesome. Is there any word if they plan to do any Jaegers?

Snaku

Banned
Oh, hot damn. That's awesome. Is there any word if they plan to do any Jaegers?

All they've announced so far are Leatherback and Knifehead. Unfortunately X-Plus as a company is generally secretive about their future plans, so we'll just have to wait and see what they have planned for PacRim. Leatherback isn't necessarily my favorite kaiju from that film, but I'm buying him any way to support the line.

Wanderer5

Oh shit, Sherlock Hound is here lol.

Sheesh what a big box for this line, but of course it is with that car.XD I going to leave the car alone for now lol till I wrap up working on my desk where I going to put him with it, along with a couple other figures.

Anyway still checked out Sherlock himself, and man that feeling I was having when holding him for the first time after a year and a half wait.

NEO0MJ

shockwave = cool!

Yep. A shame it's plain plastic, though. Paint would have elevated it so much.

Whoa, is that Char mobile suit a figure? Or like a model building thing?

I love Gundam anime, but I'm so ignorant on the figures. I know about Gunpla obviously, but I would love just like high quality Gundam figs. No assembly required lol.

Those two are models. Good thing there are pre-built action figures available in the Robot Spirits series. There's a huge variety of mobile suits to choose from.
If you want something more high-end there's the metal build line and Metal Composite lines.

Please do, those look amazing.

Ask and you shall receive!

I had a lot of fun with the Bellerophon. This is one of the most amazing figures I've ever had the pleasure of handling. You can really tell the team put their heart and soul into this. They even included a little comic issue and a CD with cool stuff like concept art and even a soundtrack!

I like the pilot figure. For something so small it's very detailed and articulate. You can even put him inside the cockpit! I like that there's a compartment inside for his gun packpack.

The mecha is even more articulate, insanely so. It has good balance and is rich in die-cast, paint,and detail. There are ports all over the body so you can customize where its accessories sit. They said that if this is successful they'll release more parts so I hope this does well.
If you haveany interest in mecha I can't recommend this enough. I'm talking to you, David!

Fjordson

Yep. A shame it's plain plastic, though. Paint would have elevated it so much.

Those two are models. Good thing there are pre-built action figures available in the Robot Spirits series. There's a huge variety of mobile suits to choose from.
If you want something more high-end there's the metal build line and Metal Composite lines.

I had a lot of fun with the Bellerophon. This is one of the most amazing figures I've ever had the pleasure of handling. You can really tell the team put their heart and soul into this. They even included a little comic issue and a CD with cool stuff like concept art and even a soundtrack!

I like the pilot figure. For something so small it's very detailed and articulate. You can even put him inside the cockpit! I like that there's a compartment inside for his gun packpack.

The mecha is even more articulate, insanely so. It has good balance and is rich in die-cast, paint,and detail. There are ports all over the body so you can customize where its accessories sit. They said that if this is successful they'll release more parts so I hope this does well.
If you haveany interest in mecha I can't recommend this enough. I'm talking to you, David!
Holy fuck, those look bad ass.

Oh my gosh, that figure is indeed a labor of love, congratz, I wish Bandai would make something similar regarding Mazinger and Great Mazinger, I'd love to have a Koji Kabuto and a Tetsuya that go into their Cockpits/Pilders and then on the robot.

bjork

Way lower end than you fellas, but I bought a horror series blind box at a Target yesterday and hoped for either Beetlejuice or Alfred Hitchcock. My success rate is usually super low on these, so I was pretty pleased this time

NEO0MJ

Oh my gosh, that figure is indeed a labor of love, congratz, I wish Bandai would make something similar regarding Mazinger and Great Mazinger, I'd love to have a Koji Kabuto and a Tetsuya that go into their Cockpits/Pilders and then on the robot.

Thanks! And to be fair the Bellerophon is much smaller than Mazinger. I doubt it even reaches the knee, lol.
And don't most Mazinger & Co figures include a dock-able Pilder?

Way lower end than you fellas, but I bought a horror series blind box at a Target yesterday and hoped for either Beetlejuice or Alfred Hitchcock. My success rate is usually super low on these, so I was pretty pleased this time

I don't trust these things. How do they compare in price to a non-random figure of similar style and quality?

And it seems so fitting that Alfred Hitchcock himself is a horror icon.

Beth Cyra

Thanks! And to be fair the Bellerophon is much smaller than Mazinger. I doubt it even reaches the knee, lol.
And don't most Mazinger & Co figures include a dock-able Pilder?

I don't trust these things. How do they compare in price to a non-random figure of similar style and quality?

And it seems so fitting that Alfred Hitchcock himself is a horror icon.
Alot of the high price Maz/Great Mazinger do indeed.

Fewture and Doc have combining Pliders.

Top Bottom