• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

bjork

I don't trust these things. How do they compare in price to a non-random figure of similar style and quality?

And it seems so fitting that Alfred Hitchcock himself is a horror icon.

I think it was like $6, so I never go in expecting something super spectacular. They've got a simple style for their size and the paint is usually applied good enough for me to never notice anything wrong from the shelf, so it's okay for me. :)

NEO0MJ

Alot of the high price Maz/Great Mazinger do indeed.

Fewture and Doc have combining Pliders.

Yeah. Some even mold a tiny Koji inside it.

1/6 scale Shredder and Casey Jones just went up on BBTS. Anyone know anything about DreamEX? These figures look pretty good.

I don't know why but I can't help but see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson when I look at that Shredder's face.
I think it was like $6, so I never go in expecting something super spectacular. They've got a simple style for their size and the paint is usually applied good enough for me to never notice anything wrong from the shelf, so it's okay for me. :)

Whatever makes you happy <3
my lil' bro likes these, though. I guess the thrill of the unboxing is part of the fun.

Two expensive Shredders
Casey
Revoltech reissues
Figuarts
Those NECA movie scale figures

I can't buy everything

Sure you can. Just head to your nearest bank and take a loan. It's how I finance my needs :D

Not really, no.

New DC Collectibles figures based on The CW DC shows: http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/13/dc-collectibles-new-cw-dc-tv-series-figures-revealed-210615
eiY01LQ.jpg
fqscoVv.jpg
VWtC8pe.jpg
473BeVg.jpg
yxXRUK4.jpg
aBnSiOu.jpg
UJexP7U.jpg
lnPH99p.jpg

DemiMatt

Is it safe to assume that Hot Toys won't be releasing a Vision or Spidey from Civil War? I've seen a CW Vision prototype with a different head sculpt, from a con but it's been a while since I've seen that one again.

Debating whether to buy AOU Vision instead . . . going for the whole set haha

Messi

Is it safe to assume that Hot Toys won't be releasing a Vision or Spidey from Civil War? I've seen a CW Vision prototype with a different head sculpt, from a con but it's been a while since I've seen that one again.

Debating whether to buy AOU Vision instead . . . going for the whole set haha

Use code SDCCMARVEL to get 25$ off vision during comiccon on sideshow Collectables. Won't beat that. I doubt they do another figure, he didn't change enough. I don't know about Spidey.

DemiMatt

Use code SDCCMARVEL to get 25$ off vision during comiccon on sideshow Collectables. Won't beat that. I doubt they do another figure, he didn't change enough. I don't know about Spidey.

Oh man that deal seems definitely worth it . . . . and I do get Mjolnir!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD

FREEZA REVIVE ME

The only question that remains.... $500 or $550?

I need to see the whole thing. Even if it's great, it's a hard sell with that price. We'll see.

I knew it was coming, though. Considering they mentioned a "companion piece" to the Gamora PF not long ago, and Angela has just been announced as coming back to the Guardians comic.

Edit:

Nice figure. Not sure about the pose.

Messi

The only question that remains.... $500 or $550?

I need to see the whole thing. Even if it's great, it's a hard sell with that price. We'll see.

I knew it was coming, though. Considering they mentioned a "companion piece" to the Gamora PF not long ago, and Angela has just been announced as coming back to the Guardians comic.

Edit:

Nice figure. Not sure about the pose.

Oh god

dankir

Has anybody in NA recieved their Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 45 or Ultron yet? I don't mean if you bought it from Asia or Budget Stark, like through Sideshow or BBTS?

Has anybody in NA recieved their Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 45 or Ultron yet? I don't mean if you bought it from Asia or Budget Stark, like through Sideshow or BBTS?
Our store in Vancouver, BC has had Ultron in stock for a couple weeks now, and we get our stuff through Sideshow. No sign of the Mark 45 yet.

Zombine

Banned
I knew it was coming but still. Fucking hell hot toys.

Honestly...I'm in for this one. That costume is probably one of my favorites In the entire series.

When she was wearing that, piloting the Millennium Falcon, with Chewbacca as her copilot...I was like "the new EU is here." It was so damn awesome.

Now the question is do we wait for the Episode VIII version with the new haircut and same outfit (if rumors are true) or buy the bare bones TFA version.

I'm buying both because I hate myself.

Zombine

Banned
Now the question is do we wait for the Episode VIII version with the new haircut and same outfit (if rumors are true) or buy the bare bones TFA version.

I'm buying both because I hate myself.

I dunno man...that scene is kind of iconic. Now she can be frozen on your shelf like that forever.

I am seriously annoyed that we got a figure of her in the final scene before a Luke figure but whatever HT you do what you do. I imagine it'll be quite the popular and fast selling exclusive.

I am seriously annoyed that we got a figure of her in the final scene before a Luke figure but whatever HT you do what you do. I imagine it'll be quite the popular and fast selling exclusive.

They really do seem to be holding back the Luke merchandise. I think they've only released a Pop Funko figure of him so far.

That Rey figure looks great. Definitely the superior costume.

No, this pic is with Finn being modified. That's not the original untouched version.

The Phasma one is not modified and is scaled perfectly with her. But even the Finn and Rey pic, looks way better than that pic of them posted earlier where it looked like nothing was scaled properly. She looked like a little girl, even the size of her head. This one looks normal.

The Phasma one is not modified and is scaled perfectly with her. But even the Finn and Rey pic, looks way better than that pic of them posted earlier where it looked like nothing was scaled properly. She looked like a little girl, even the size of her head. This one looks normal.

In that pic with Finn and Rey, Rey is the same but they removed some extensions in Finn's legs to get the size closer. I can't speak for Phasma, but it was explicitly mentioned that Finn is modified in that pic of him next to Rey. So there's still a problem.

Anybody else with a HT han have an issue with the wire in the v-neck potentially rusting in the shirt and turning it orangey? Someone pointed it out on SSF and mine is starting to do it =/

Top Bottom