• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Snaku

Banned
My X-Plus Gigantic series Godzilla 1962 has arrived, and holy shit is this thing incredible. Figure of the year for me so far, and I really don't see anything on the horizon that'll top it. You can really get a good sense of how massive this thing is in the first shot with it posed next to the SH Monsterarts Godzilla. It even dwarfs the Gigantic series Godzilla 2000 over to the left. The detail and paint apps are amazing, and I wish I had something better than an iPhone to snap pictures with, cause these really do the detail a huge disservice.

zJC2X7oh.jpg

1ha686Qh.jpg

7GDxtObh.jpg

npPuSJPh.jpg

Also love how accurate it is to the suit used in Kong Kong vs Godzilla, how it has almost a completely different character depending on the angle you view it at. Probably the most dynamic figure I've ever owned.

LiK

Hmm nope, easy pass for me as I don't really like that costume. I'll be fine picking up her and BB-8 from Sideshow. It's bullshit we don't have Poe yet, I'd rather buy him than Finn.

Yea, I canceled Finn. I'm waiting for Jedi Luke. Wanna pose this Rey with him.

Episode VII Luke coming soon. First look at SDCC next week.

Hot Toys is excited to be coming to San Diego Comic-Con again this year and will be showcasing a number of firstly unveiled prototypes at the convention for our fans!

Words simply can’t describe the “epicness” of this final scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Star Wars fans shouldn’t miss the chance to visit us at booth #1929 in San Diego Comic-Con starting next week and meet Rey together with a legendary Jedi.

Keep a look out for more exciting news on what to expect from us at SDCC soon!

Hot Toys @ San Diego Comic-Con
Event Date: July 21 – 24 (Preview Night: July 20)
Venue: San Diego Convention Center
Booth No: #1929

13690678_10153650269597344_1777162577083422923_n.jpg

NEO0MJ

Got a message from F4F that they'll start charging me for the six month payment plan starting at the end of this month. So we should expect Artorias in January next year? I never dealt with them before.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My X-Plus Gigantic series Godzilla 1962 has arrived, and holy shit is this thing incredible. Figure of the year for me so far, and I really don't see anything on the horizon that'll top it. You can really get a good sense of how massive this thing is in the first shot with it posed next to the SH Monsterarts Godzilla. It even dwarfs the Gigantic series Godzilla 2000 over to the left. The detail and paint apps are amazing, and I wish I had something better than an iPhone to snap pictures with, cause these really do the detail a huge disservice.

Also love how accurate it is to the suit used in Kong Kong vs Godzilla, how it has almost a completely different character depending on the angle you view it at. Probably the most dynamic figure I've ever owned.

Ah '63 Godzilla... That face... the rubber that peeled off the suit... It really was the most special one!

LiK

More DreamEX 1/6 TMNT figures incoming.

zm8Hqwvh.jpg

d7cooOvh.jpg

They look cool but I'm staying away from them. Need to protect my wallet.

JLynn

I love how Viacom/CBS is allowing so many companies from the US and abroad to release TMNT figures aside from Playmates. I never though I see the day when that happens. That 1/6th Shredder!

Speaking of Shredder, is anybody making a figure of the 1990 movie Shredder?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Omg. That is so great. I'm very jealous.

olympia

More DreamEX 1/6 TMNT figures incoming.

zm8Hqwvh.jpg

d7cooOvh.jpg

They look cool but I'm staying away from them. Need to protect my wallet.

these are the turtles figures I have been waiting for. not too much movie, not too much cartoon, not too much comic book.

The only question that remains.... $500 or $550?

I need to see the whole thing. Even if it's great, it's a hard sell with that price. We'll see.

I knew it was coming, though. Considering they mentioned a "companion piece" to the Gamora PF not long ago, and Angela has just been announced as coming back to the Guardians comic.

Edit:
marvel-gamora-premium-format-300462-15.jpg

Nice figure. Not sure about the pose.

Good lord...

Already have Captain Marvel on pre-order and now i need Angela.

Didn't want to get Gamora but she looks good when part of the set.

edit: why Gamora $500 though!? god damn. The DC Trinity are all a $100 less and also bigger..

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just put up my entire Hot Toys Avengers line up on eBay. Iron Man Mark 7, Widow, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Fury, and Loki. Auctions start tomorrow at noon PST and go for a week. Hopefully they'll sell. I have no where to display them and they were just taking up valuable closet space.

Does anyone happen to collect anything from NECA? I've always been more of a statue / PVC figure fan, but being a fan of Aliens, some of these big figures from NECA are really catching my eye. I'm just wondering what the company's products are like in terms of quality.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone happen to collect anything from NECA? I've always been more of a statue / PVC figure fan, but being a fan of Aliens, some of these big figures from NECA are really catching my eye. I'm just wondering what the company's products are like in terms of quality.

I have lots of NECA stuff! Not the big stuff, but the 6"-7" figs. They're very hit-and-miss, ranging from the perfection of the Alien line to the QC-ridden Jaegars of the Pacific Rim line. Look up plenty of reviews for stuff you want!

I have lots of NECA stuff! Not the big stuff, but the 6"-7" figs. They're very hit-and-miss, ranging from the perfection of the Alien line to the QC-ridden Jaegars of the Pacific Rim line. Look up plenty of reviews for stuff you want!

I was looking at that $100 Genocide Red Queen, but from the video review I saw, it looks like certain pieces of it are a bit prone to falling apart. On the other hand, I really like the look of the upcoming 1/4 translucent prototype Alien. Only $92 at Entertainment Earth with free shipping.

You’ve met Rey and we are excited to unveil Rey’s powerful repulsorlift vehicle used for scavenging in desert planet Jakku’s Graveyard of Ships !

Star Wars fans rejoice as Hot Toys will be displaying a wide range of Star Wars collectibles at San Diego Comic-Con! Visit us at booth #1929 to see what we have prepared for you!

13710607_10153652428692344_2148374300208779890_o.jpg

giphy.gif

taoofjord

Any GAFers interested in listing their top 10 figures? I'm happy to start :p

Top 10
1) Transformers Masterpiece: MP-17 - Prowl
2) Transformers Masterpiece: MP-10 - Convoy
3) Super Robot Chogokin - Gurren Lagan
4) SH Figuarts - Mario
5) Sentinel - Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear - Hurricane Polymar
6) Transformers Masterpiece: MP-12 - Lambor
7) Sentinel x T-Rex - Black Getter
8) Sentinel Armarauders: Bellerophon
9) Nendoroid #413: Link (Wind Waker)
10) Transformers Masterpiece: MP-22 - Ultra Magnus

Honorable Mentions:
ES Gokin: Optimus Prime
Transformers Masterpiece: MP-27 - Ironhide
Mastermind Creations - Reformatted R-13 - Spartan

Also, has the community here recently shared video tours of their collection?

And man, I have just got to give credit to Mecha Workshop for the amazing job they did on the Bellerophon's packaging. I didn't even mess with the figure much and I feel I got money's worth. A giant bookcover-like box that holds wo boxes inside with highly detailed art on them. And if you put them side by side they show a great piece of art. Really excited to see whatever else they bring.

Gonna post pics of the two later.

Glad to see more than a few folks on GAF picking Bellerophon up! I just got the figure a couple weeks back as well and it's every bit as amazing as everyone says. Seriously, if you go on YouTube and check out some of the more popular reviewers it's nothing but glowing praise/"one of the best figures I own"... and rightfully so.

The overall build, articulation, configurability, features and accessories are so very impressive. Apparently they're working on a gunmetal version next as well as an armor set and decorated face plate. I believe there's even pictures on the company's Facebook page, I'll check later. I picked him up at TFSource since they're still selling it at the MSRP. I usually grab stuff at BBTS since they tend to ship faster but they marked the figure up by $55. Anyway, highly recommended figure!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just imagine a house and a giant Godzilla to put in it. Now that's furnishing done right.

That's actually the legitimate plan. Lol. The main thing stopping me from buying a Gigantic Godzilla is that I don't really have a place for it, but once I have my own place, it would make an awesome centerpiece on a coffee table.

Snaku

Banned
That's actually the legitimate plan. Lol. The main thing stopping me from buying a Gigantic Godzilla is that I don't really have a place for it, but once I have my own place, it would make an awesome centerpiece on a coffee table.

If you can find a coffee table big enough.

Some new additions to my Marvel Legends collection. I decided to add some more super heroes, instead of just sticking to the more supernatural / monster characters. Up first is Captain America.

UTVDGnB.jpg

NGC9iN0.jpg

xS0lACO.jpg

MGkTud5.jpg

iNy8fro.jpg

There's a ton of Marvel Legends Captain America figures. I went with this one because it's the traditional comic design. He has a couple of extra hands. The saluting allows him to hail Hydra!

Next is Iron Man.

ZI1Ayb0.jpg

uhH6eqq.jpg

eIanyJM.jpg

8YHLE4S.jpg

It seems like there's even more Iron Man figures than there are Captain America figures. Extremis Iron Man was really the only choice that made sense for me. I love the design. It's so sleek and it helps that I really enjoyed the story that spawned it. It also makes for a beautiful figure. The red they used absolutely pops. It's so shiny looking. The articulation is fine. Would be perfect if he had ankle pivot though.

Last, but certainly not least, is Ms Marvel.

OBPfQOf.jpg

Ujf8A4a.jpg

d4J4ctM.jpg

SgvkuMR.jpg

While I got the others new from Amazon (courtesy a gift card), I won Carol from E-Bay. She comes from a three pack, but she's the only figure I wanted from the set, so I bought her out of package. I wanted to add some female heroes to my collection, and I thought this figure looked great. She's a really strong looking female figure. Her costume has always been a favorite of mine, and it turned out phenomenal. The gold, metallic paint on her chest is so eye catching.

Extremely happy with all three figures. Thor, Nova and Spider-Woman are also on the way from Amazon courtesy of a gift card. I also have a couple of other figures that I'm watching on E-Bay. My Marvel Legends collection is really growing.

Man, I love Marvel Legends. Those and the DC Multiverse ones are the only figures I collect, besides the occasional Funko Pop! (which my younger brother collects obsessively). I want that Ms. Marvel some day. I'm hoping they finally do a Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel soon, too.

Kipp, ComicGAF thinks you're going to end up like this guy, only with a Godzilla statue:

If that's the path you choose, I suggest building a small city-scape around your Godzilla monument.

NEO0MJ

Any GAFers interested in listing their top 10 figures? I'm happy to start :p

Glad to see more than a few folks on GAF picking Bellerophon up! I just got the figure a couple weeks back as well and it's every bit as amazing as everyone says. Seriously, if you go on YouTube and check out some of the more popular reviewers it's nothing but glowing praise/"one of the best figures I own"... and rightfully so.

Maybe tomorrow I can list them.

And yeah, one can't praise Bellerophon enough. It feels like a steal that I got it for $165 from HLJ during their sale.

Well I guess I'll do a half-assed image tour of my collection of figures and games. I apologize for the poor lighting and image quality. Also, let me know if I should take more photos out to save on bandwith.

The Entire Album

Nice stuff. I'm going to assume you once had a MP Megs and then kicked him out :p

Me and the wifes ten year anniversary was on weds she just sent me this while im at work cant wait to see whats inside!!!

*EDIT*

she knows the way to my heart im fucking amazed by what she got thinking imma need to go ikea on pay day and get another display my animated series just bulked uped

Messi

Me and the wifes ten year anniversary was on weds she just sent me this while im at work cant wait to see whats inside!!!

*EDIT*

she knows the way to my heart im fucking amazed by what she got thinking imma need to go ikea on pay day and get another display my animated series just bulked uped

Congrats. Those are dope gifts.

*EDIT*

lucky lucky man, that's awesome!

Top Bottom