• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

DemiMatt

Preordered Harley. Gonna skip Joker. I need to know if the movie is good before I even consider him. Might just pose Harley with Ledger Joker instead haha

Always a rule of mine unless the character accurately portrays the character and I love that character, helps limit purchases. If it is I'll definitely buy Deadshot :X

Still on the fence with Kylo & some FO Stormtroopers.

Rereleases aren't gonna devalue the originals. I still sold the originals for triple what I paid when IM1 Mark 1 and 2 were rereleased with improve sculpts. Collectors want to complete their set and the older HT figures are quite hard to find these days. Mine were all sealed tho since I never displayed them.

Decided to sell my original Iron Man MK VI, IV & War Machine MK1. War Machine MK1 v01 pre ordered and now I'll just wait for the new MKVI!

Local comic store lists preorders for Suicide Squad hot toys

Harley Quinn $355
Joker $355
Deadshot $300

Assholes.

I can import Harley with tax and shipping and still be $55 short of that price. Straight up gouging.

Where do you live? I TFAW mark up their prices like crazy, like almost 100 per figure - it's insane!

These Suicide Squad figures are being PO'd like crazy, I'm really curious how many figures of each will get a release. I saw like 3 Joker figures from SDCC.

Also the Toy Fair figures ship on time, they usually create them for the fairs so they release in the states a month or 2 later.

NEO0MJ

Another pic of the Fewture EX Gokin Raideen. Still unpainted bu this time it's gold! Coming 2017.

N20160724AS_001.jpg

They're also reissuing the 1969 Mazinger and Energer with slightly different colors, most obvious is the shiny silver.

Waiting for BBTS to order a Mark VI, don't care about the helmet and refuse to pay NRDs.

I hear ya. I would do the same, but I'm trying to get enough reward points to get Hulkbuster at a huge discount (or ideally free), so I gotta stick with Sideshow for now. Halfway there already. By the time it is released next year I should be pretty close.

OMG, grabbing both. Sub-Zero looks swag.

Flex paying the shit outta them cuz these are impulse buys.

I grabbed both as well. Been wanting a Mark VI, so I'm pretty happy they're doing it again. I hope they do a Mark V soon. Sub-Zero will go great with the Stealth.

I hear ya. I would do the same, but I'm trying to get enough reward points to get Hulkbuster at a huge discount (or ideally free), so I gotta stick with Sideshow for now. Halfway there already. By the time it is released next year I should be pretty close.

I only have one payment left on Hulkbuster and ideally that's the very last order I'll get from Sideshow. Their CS has been shit the last few times I've had a problem and their lack of double boxing is ridiculous. Rewards points are nice though.

dankir

So looks like you guys were wrong. Everything went up for Pre-order this week lol. Back to the Future guys tomorrow?

Actually my dealer just told me they are going up soon as well. Crazy week indeed, not going to pre-order anything though.

BBTS Mark 6 Diecast is up.

Another pic of the Fewture EX Gokin Raideen. Still unpainted bu this time it's gold! Coming 2017.

They're also reissuing the 1969 Mazinger and Energer with slightly different colors, most obvious is the shiny silver.

Beautiful, Although Mazinger is and will always be my favorite Super Robot, I'd purchase Fewture's Getter Dragon first, for me is their best work so far.

DemiMatt

Those are Diecast prices though, a normal Iron Man armor is about 250 - 275 now.

Remember when they were 150 to 165 (sighhh)

Jesus I cannot believe the MK VI v2 comes out next Nov - Dec . . . I swear I might buy the Civil War one to pass the time.

Anyone getting the EX or regular?

LiK

Remember when they were 150 to 165 (sighhh)

Jesus I cannot believe the MK VI v2 comes out next Nov - Dec . . . I swear I might buy the Civil War one to pass the time.

Anyone getting the EX or regular?

The good ol days when HT figures were actually affordable.

Messi

I would talk to the manager about it. Tell them you'd rather buy through them, but not at marked up prices.

They should be able to work with you....if the manager is smart and likes to bring in more revenue for his/her store. That's what I was doing with my LCS until their account with Sideshow went into default.

Sadly in Ireland he knows he is the only option and they sell.

He sold Ant Man for €350 recently

LosDaddie

Banned
$360 for the Mark VI and War Machine Mark I. These prices man.

I'm still very happy with my Iron Man mk7. It's a Movie Masterpiece Series, but still looks great.

If I were to buy a new Iron Man, then it'd be the Civil War one. I guess I just like the classic red & gold look for Iron Man.

Sadly in Ireland he knows he is the only option and they sell.

He sold Ant Man for €350 recently

Lame.

Those are Diecast prices though, a normal Iron Man armor is about 250 - 275 now.
Yeah, but they're still the priciest Diecast figures to date, with the exception of the Whiplash Mk. II, which was larger. I'm not going to dwell on it because It is what it is, but the price creep is sadly very real.

Yarbskoo

I'm still kinda bitter about not getting a decent FF9 Garnet.

There's the Play Arts figure but...
vn4KCgA.jpg

Ehhhh

I guess I'll just have to be happy with my Play Arts Zidane, which I think looks pretty good, though the hair could be better.
ugRAyUy.png

LiK

Were those PF's? I know some of their Comiquettes were comparatively cheap.

oh, you might be right. I have most of the early Adam Hughes ones. I guess I have a few PFs then. i should recheck if they're technically PFs. I have the Starcraft and Diablo ones as well as a few Marvel ones.

Always a rule of mine unless the character accurately portrays the character and I love that character, helps limit purchases. If it is I'll definitely buy Deadshot :X

Still on the fence with Kylo & some FO Stormtroopers.

Decided to sell my original Iron Man MK VI, IV & War Machine MK1. War Machine MK1 v01 pre ordered and now I'll just wait for the new MKVI!

Where do you live? I TFAW mark up their prices like crazy, like almost 100 per figure - it's insane!

These Suicide Squad figures are being PO'd like crazy, I'm really curious how many figures of each will get a release. I saw like 3 Joker figures from SDCC.

Also the Toy Fair figures ship on time, they usually create them for the fairs so they release in the states a month or 2 later.
I got a comic shop here in Minnesota he only charges sideshows price no shipping plus 10% off too with membership

Simo

More Cosbabies from Hot Toys..
13879349_1149326788473636_1103619522614465921_n.jpg

Hot Toys AT-ST display:
13882426_306085789730885_7529017367412133078_n.jpg

They're still currently assembling the display floor so hopefully we'll see that Dr. Strange in a few hours!!

LiK

man, i would love to work for Hot Toys. displaying toys all day long. too bad they're based on HK. i mean, i have dual citizenship but i don't wanna live in HK. lol

Simo

man, i would love to work for Hot Toys. displaying toys all day long. too bad they're based on HK. i mean, i have dual citizenship but i don't wanna live in HK. lol

Lol you're job would literally be playing with toys every day!

I think I'd be in awe most of the time...stuff like their dioramas and display only pieces like the AT-ST or TIE Interceptor and Marvel displays...maaaaan. lol

Hot Toys slate is just crazy though. I thought those reveals at Comic Con were a lot on top of the other they had already announced and now more cosbabies and Dr. Strange. Strange could be a awesome figure especially if they nail the likeness. I hope he'd also be released before the end of the year but probably not..lol

Evazilla looks a lot better than Godzeva. EVA always had an element of body horror to it though, so it's maybe not surprising that making Unit 01 more monstrous works better than painting Godzilla in robot colours.

Top Bottom