• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Simo

13719693_999938706793784_5737221830719046415_o.jpg

That Spidey tease.....

Bii

HT and you missed out when SS had it for preorder a few weeks ago. I think there's a Waiting list now. I passed cuz I think it looks tacky, tbh

Actually looks really good in person. I wasn't going to get it but when I saw it at SDCC, I had to.

DemiMatt

I got a comic shop here in Minnesota he only charges sideshows price no shipping plus 10% off too with membership

I order from AlterEgo Comics, they do ~10% off, and no tax (since they're in Ohio), I save a third of the figure cost compared to buying direct from SS. They also do 3% rewards back as well. Amazing staff and no NRD - just don't cancel stuff after 30 days haha.

***Edit - Really glad I POd v2 War Machine yesterday, he sold out on AE, I saved $40!

Surprised nobody is posting this, count me in for a ESB Darth and 2 Snowtroopers or maybe 2 Stormtroopers . . .

ee69.jpg

Simo

what time exactly? I need to preorder that sumbitch

No idea to be honest and the info goes back and forth as being a sure thing to a rumor from the same poster on Sideshow Freaks but the convention doesn't start until tomorrow local time.

Still, that's a hell of a tease if it ends up being nothing and the Civil War diorama has a nice big spot for the figure. =)
13738262_999938630127125_6746777995944267687_o.jpg

Also from that angle you can see the webbing on Cap's ankle doesn't actually give him any support so it doesn't look to be a thing just hold him there.

ReBirFh

Local comic store lists preorders for Suicide Squad hot toys

Harley Quinn $355
Joker $355
Deadshot $300

Assholes.

I can import Harley with tax and shipping and still be $55 short of that price. Straight up gouging.

So the store owner shouldn't have any profit? because probably pays tax and shipping too.

Messi

So the store owner shouldn't have any profit? because probably pays tax and shipping too.

I'm sure he does. Wierd how he has to charge so much more than everyone else though. He's entitled to ask for as much as he wants though. But let's not hide behind shipping and taxes.

He charges 350€ for regular 225$ figures. So if you believe that is just shipping and taxes I don't know what to tell you. It's just knowing you have a niche market in Ireland cornered.

I just checked to make sure I'm not crazy. The prices he charged for two Ultron figures. I converted it to dollars. Sideshow prices in brackets. There is profit and shipping and then there is this:

Iron Man Mark XLIII: $510 ($344.99)
Captain America : $390 ($224)

Sellers market though so more power to him if it works. Makes me shop elsewhere though. I'd rather shop local but not at those prices.

He really does. I hope though we don't have to wait until after the SS figures in 2017 to get this though. lol
Never underestimate Hot Toys!

If the movie turns out to be fantastic, then this is the Hot Toy I will buy (and keep this time). Love Doctor Strange. Will do the same for Batfleck solo movie in the same circumstances. Plenty of time to start saving and to find the space!

Simo

Never underestimate Hot Toys!

If the movie turns out to be fantastic, then this is the Hot Toy I will buy (and keep this time). Love Doctor Strange. Will do the same for Batfleck solo movie in the same circumstances. Plenty of time to start saving and to find the space!

Yeah but now Hot Toys has an insane amount of product in the pipeline that still needs to be released like the rest of the BvS line up, Civil War, The Force Awakens and now more Star Wars, Suicide Squad, BTTF2, Daredevil and then Dr. Strange. lol Not including vehicles and whatnot.

A few more Batman shots..

Yeah but now Hot Toys has an insane amount of product in the pipeline that still needs to be released like the rest of the BvS line up, Civil War, The Force Awakens and now more Star Wars, Suicide Squad, BTTF2, Daredevil and then Dr. Strange. lol Not including vehicles and whatnot.
I actually meant never underestimate Hot Toys' ability to release things late :p

Simo

I actually meant never underestimate Hot Toys' ability to release things late :p

:(

13872998_10153772919933807_5108517125250689319_n.jpg

Last one. lol

Most of the bloggers and forums are focused on the Dr. Strange figure that nothing else has been covered or posted from the con yet. lol Of course some figures like the Knightmare Batman and some other Storm Troopers that if you preordered at Secret Base then you were eligible to pick them up at the convention which is why in-hand photos are starting to surface for Batman.

Zombine

Banned
So, SHF Luke Skywalker (ANH ver.) is the definitive Luke kit. The hair is no longer shiny gold, and the primary face sculpt is on point. Couldn't ask for anything more. 10/10

If you can pick him up, do it.

Anth0ny

So, SHF Luke Skywalker (ANH ver.) is the definitive Luke kit. The hair is no longer shiny gold, and the primary face sculpt is on point. Couldn't ask for anything more. 10/10

If you can pick him up, do it.

Awesome. He's definitely on my Hot Toys short list.

Speaking of short list, I just bought the one that was #1 on my list... Christopher Reeve Superman! Can't wait to display that fucker.

dankir

Okay well ACGHK has started and they still haven't changed the Giant Man display to include Spider Man...so I think it's something to keep Cap upright and not webbing. But I've asked Hot Toys let's see what they say.

13886283_10153681420032344_396626946061642610_n.jpg

Simo

It's weird, the webbing doesn't seem to add any support or weight to Cap's ankle though...
13701001_279971032359212_4170945693024563751_o.jpg

I mean if it did need support or something to keep him balanced then they could of gone with something else than to tease us all with that. lol

I also learned last night that while it's ok to be excited about Hot Toys products, and in particular Doctor Strange, and it's cool to tweet about it and get a response from the film's director...just be prepared for the thousands of Cumberbatch fans to descend upon your feed and like/retweet the hell out of everything. I woke up to over 500 notifications on my phone and near 60,000 impressions according to Twitter statistics whatever that means. lol

dankir

It's weird, the webbing doesn't seem to add any support or weight to Cap's ankle though...
13701001_279971032359212_4170945693024563751_o.jpg

I mean if it did need support or something to keep him balanced then they could of gone with something else than to tease us all with that. lol

I also learned last night that while it's ok to be excited about Hot Toys products, and in particular Doctor Strange, and it's cool to tweet about it and get a response from the film's director...just be prepared for the thousands of Cumberbatch fans to descend upon your feed and like/retweet the hell out of everything. I woke up to over 500 notifications on my phone and near 60,000 impressions according to Twitter statistics whatever that means. lol

Yeah but in my picture the ground is sloping downwards, Hot Toys aren't the most stable figures on their own.

In any case there's still a chance it might be for Spidey.

Top Bottom