• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

icespide

Banned
It's weird, the webbing doesn't seem to add any support or weight to Cap's ankle though...
13701001_279971032359212_4170945693024563751_o.jpg

I mean if it did need support or something to keep him balanced then they could of gone with something else than to tease us all with that. lol

I also learned last night that while it's ok to be excited about Hot Toys products, and in particular Doctor Strange, and it's cool to tweet about it and get a response from the film's director...just be prepared for the thousands of Cumberbatch fans to descend upon your feed and like/retweet the hell out of everything. I woke up to over 500 notifications on my phone and near 60,000 impressions according to Twitter statistics whatever that means. lol

your klout score must be through the roof

Simo

Yeah but in my picture the ground is sloping downwards, Hot Toys aren't the most stable figures on their own.

In any case there's still a chance it might be for Spidey.

Ooooh ok I see what you're talking about now. It looks like the webbing goes back as a line to connect to part of the diorama to hold Cap up. Yeah you're right, sorry about the confusion there. lol

Snaku

Banned
The X-Plus Gigantic line was only about $150 per figure, no? I know the US prices were jacked, but importing wasn't too bad...at least before the exchange rate went kablooey.

For the DBZ Gigantic series, yeah. Godzilla Gigantics are $400 shipped at minimum.

LosDaddie

Banned
Ya know, I'm not a huge Spidey fan, but I might pull the trigger on a Hot Toys Spidey with a Capt America shield accessory.

And seeing how it wouldn't release until next year, it would be easy to flex pay the figure.

In any case there's still a chance it might be for Spidey.

It looks a lot like the webbing that's come from a previous Spider-man release. I doubt they would have used something that would incite such intrigue, such as the webbing, so frivolously. It could just be someone who set the diorama up having a laugh, or an homage or way of including Spidey in the diorama without him actually being there as maybe he isnt ready yet?

Maybe it's less of a teaser of a figure being immediately released and more of an 'easter egg' sort of idea, perhaps a glimmer of things to come.

LosDaddie

Banned
Anybody else preorder the Mondo TMNT figures? Ya know, the one unveiled at last year's comic con?

I can't find a release date anywhere other than Sideshow. My LCS was telling me they would ship in July and yet nothing. I only have Leo on preorder.

Anybody else preorder the Mondo TMNT figures? Ya know, the one unveiled at last year's comic con?

I can't find a release date anywhere other than Sideshow. My LCS was telling me they would ship in July and yet nothing. I only have Leo on preorder.

Date moved to August last I heard, but that doesn't mean it won't get delayed again.

Must own everything. Bandai's Star Wars figures are absolutely perfect. The slow trickle kills me.

I'm generally not into A) jointed and B) tiny figures. But otherwise I would have been in for the whole line. I just started buying Kotobukiya's ArtFX+ Star Wars figures, and even 1/10 scale is pushing it at far as size. I usually only go 1/8 or larger scale.

Thanks.
I found the Jakks 24" for about $30,
Xplus look awesome but that price holy shit(though not that crazy considering I buy Hot Toys).

There was a time when ordering from Japan was the thing to do, because the exchange rate was pretty nuts. I think at one point, $0.80 USD was worth a full 100 JPY. Those days seem to be over for now, and yet figure prices are still rising.

I have them all preordered and haven't heard anything. Kinda forgot about them.

Simo

13895342_1160565694007745_3356336087676605460_n.jpg

Han from TFA and Dr Strange have to be 2 of the best sculpts I've seen by Hot Toys recently which is something when you look at the sculpts and reveals for the Suicide Squad or Cavill as Superman from BvS.

No idea to be honest and the info goes back and forth as being a sure thing to a rumor from the same poster on Sideshow Freaks but the convention doesn't start until tomorrow local time.

Still, that's a hell of a tease if it ends up being nothing and the Civil War diorama has a nice big spot for the figure. =)
13738262_999938630127125_6746777995944267687_o.jpg

Also from that angle you can see the webbing on Cap's ankle doesn't actually give him any support so it doesn't look to be a thing just hold him there.

That same poster at SSF just got called out on all his lies in the Marvel Anicon thread,its fucking hilarious.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So, SHF Luke Skywalker (ANH ver.) is the definitive Luke kit. The hair is no longer shiny gold, and the primary face sculpt is on point. Couldn't ask for anything more. 10/10

If you can pick him up, do it.

?
I don't have the other Luke in hand to compare it to yet, but SHF farmboy Luke's hair is gold AF. Still an amazing figure.
A gun-gripping hand, Stormtrooper blaster and belt would have been nice.
I hate the torso on SHF Jedi Luke. The torso sculpt and articulation make it look like a generic figure with Luke's head on it. Or like he's wearing a sports bra.
But I bought it from a scalper planning on covering the offending bits with this custom tunic... (shown on the Black Series version... that head :(...)
https://postimage.org/app.php
Then right after I bought it I found out that the person who made the tunic stopped because it was too much of a pain in the ass to make.
They still make the robe but there's no point without the tunic. He never wore the robe without the tunic.

Messi

Hot Toys may have too much on their plate if they are announcing figures for the end of 2017 for movies that are out this week. We also haven't seen Punisher yet.

Hot Toys may have too much on their plate if they are announcing figures for the end of 2017 for movies that are out this week. We also haven't seen Punisher yet.

I don't like to pre-order stuff that far in the future because unless it's Star Wars or something, I'm probably not going to give a shit about it by then.

leng jai

You have to wonder how many sales HT loses though with the ridiculous delay in release timing. Outside of superfans how many people still give a shit about a $250 figure 1+ year later?

Replicant

It's weird, the webbing doesn't seem to add any support or weight to Cap's ankle though...
13701001_279971032359212_4170945693024563751_o.jpg

I love this Cap. I hope that's how the final product looks like. And to think I almost didn't order him since the uniform is too similar to the Age of Ultron one.

WolfStark

I saw Star Trek Beyond today and liked the movie, especially Jaylah, the white skinned female alien. Does anyone knows if there is an action figure of her? I could only find Funko POP.

Simo

I love this Cap. I hope that's how the final product looks like. And to think I almost didn't order him since the uniform is too similar to the Age of Ultron one.

If the "Battling version" is anything to go by then yep! From a member on OSR:

I'll definitely be getting the regular version when it's released. I've skipped the others for one reason or another and the CW Cap seems to be the definitive version for me.

dankir

You have to wonder how many sales HT loses though with the ridiculous delay in release timing. Outside of superfans how many people still give a shit about a $250 figure 1+ year later?

Very few, they've gotten so big now and the fan base is huge. If I don't pick up a certain figure a year later, somebody else will. Especially their Marvel or Iron Man lines.

I got the Suicide Squad Rick Flag figure in the mail today. He's a Walmart exclusive, but I could never find him locally, so I ordered him from a third-party seller on Amazon, and actually saved a few bucks in the end.

He's pretty cool. I like how he comes with a variety of weapons, and how he has holsters for his handgun and knife.

NEO0MJ

Very few, they've gotten so big now and the fan base is huge. If I don't pick up a certain figure a year later, somebody else will. Especially their Marvel or Iron Man lines.

Yeah. I imagine the only people effected are those who weren't 100% on the purchase anyway.

tough night... every pre-order for the VF-31J closed in less than 10 seconds.

i had to go through back channels to get a pre-order.

Sneaky sneaky.

DemiMatt

Date moved to August last I heard, but that doesn't mean it won't get delayed again.

I have them all preordered and haven't heard anything. Kinda forgot about them.

I have 3 out of 4 pre ordered, but I'm thinking of canceling them. The latest posts from SDCC did not look like a huge improvement from anything we've seen up to now and the more I look at them the more they look like action figures. I really wish they went with fabric belts & weapons versus everything being a plastic mold. The more I look at them the more they just seem like larger versions of the Neca Turtles (which isn't bad, just not my pref).

Granted I would not have felt this until I saw the Dreamex Turtles. I like how the design is a great mix of a lot of older turtle versions, and that the fabric belts, and stuff make it fit into a more adult collectible rather than a scaled up action figure. I think I'll end up passing on the Mondo Turtles . . .

tumblr_oaor5yJfSE1u5nao0o1_500.jpg

I have 3 out of 4 pre ordered, but I'm thinking of canceling them. The latest posts from SDCC did not look like a huge improvement from anything we've seen up to now and the more I look at them the more they look like action figures. I really wish they went with fabric belts & weapons versus everything being a plastic mold. The more I look at them the more they just seem like larger versions of the Neca Turtles (which isn't bad, just not my pref).

Granted I would not have felt this until I saw the Dreamex Turtles. I like how the design is a great mix of a lot of older turtle versions, and that the fabric belts, and stuff make it fit into a more adult collectible rather than a scaled up action figure. I think I'll end up passing on the Mondo Turtles . . .

tumblr_oaor5yJfSE1u5nao0o1_500.jpg

Woah, those are really cool. I'm kind of leaning toward canceling mine as well. I've been spending too much on figures lately and these were impulse orders anyway. Trying to save my money for synthesizers now.

Mythic Legions 1.0 shipment courtesy of our illustrious Diggeh is waiting for me at home. 13 figures all at once gonna be a good night.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Mythic Legions 1.0 shipment courtesy of our illustrious Diggeh is waiting for me at home. 13 figures all at once gonna be a good night.

I expect a flood of pictures in here
so we can take over AFG with Four Horsemen figures
! Gotta love that sudden change to "illustrious"! Positive Haloid is a good look, you should try it more often. :p

Since we're on the subject, I added Otho and Astrionn into that order for myself and I'm glad I did! I regretted missing them but I wasn't going to pass a second time!

Mythic Legions 1.75 preorders close August 9 at 12 PM PST, so don't forget to order!

Top Bottom