• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

So I opened up all my Mythic Legion figures last night, and I've gotta say I'm super impressed with how great they are. Yes they share a lot of parts, but the paint work is legit the best I've seen done on a 6" figure, and they really do look great together. I will absolutely give them a wad of cash for the 2.0 Kickstarter, because more of these will always be a good thing. Picture time!

Gorgo wasn't a character I had the highest hopes for, but he is definitely a striking figure on display. Shields are scary to use for fear of paint rub, but I find if you simply loosely clip it to their hands or unpeg the hand, slide it on the forearm, and then replace the hand everything works fine.

u61pc0E.jpg

The Blood Knight is a bit boring and monotone, but however they mixed the red and silver on this guy is truly amazing. Not my fave by any means, but definitely an imposing character.

Carpathias is one of my favorites from the wave for sure, with what I imagine to be my fave not Hot Toys head sculpt of 2016.

Malleus and really all the skeleton figures are awesome, but the articulated jaw on this guy can make him look so deranged that I can't help but smile every time I look at him.

Jorund is pretty cool too. I'm not a huge fan of the dwarves costing the same amount as the full size figures, but when you add a magic staff and get his cape draped like a cloak, it's really hard to complain about him.

Tibius is my fave skeleton figure for sure. The racing stripes on the head are certainly different, but the cape and the silver armor really push him over Malleus in my eyes, as he just looks different from most of the other skeletons.

Vitus, like all the figures I've gotten using the human body, suffers from general looseness in the joints, but the red armor really pops in the right light. He wasn't as high on my list as I expected, but he looks really cool when posed up.

A super special thanks to Diggeh for hooking me up with Valgard, as I didn't back the KS and I never would have gotten him without his help. But man does he look great, the golden armor is definitely the best looking of all the armors Four Horsemen does on their figures.

Gideon is awesome. Everything just comes together perfectly on him, and he uses more unique parts than any of my other figures, which always make a figure stand out more

Finally, we have our candidate for figure of the year, Ignatius, who is probably the prettiest 6" figure I own. The pearl white paint they used with the gold and purple highlights just pops, and everything else about the figure is everything you want in an action figure.

Overall, I can't recommend looking into these enough. Yeah they cost a fair amount, but unlike the $20 Hasbro pricepoint, I can see where the money goes, even with the reused parts. Finally, group shot! Sorry for the spam but I had to share!*

Diggeh said I had to.

What IP are those? Animated? Comics? Video games? Never heard of them.

None of the above. Four Horsemen just decided to make awesome original fantasy characters. Totally original IP. I didn't think to elaborate on what they were because Diggeh had mentioned it a bit above. These were the first wave of Kickstarter figures, then they did 1.5 through StoreHorsemen (http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/) which will be in stock soon with extras, and then 1.75 is up for preorder right now with a goal of shipping by the end of the year, which is when the Kickstarter for 2.0 is supposed to be going on as well.

Jamesways

Those look absolutely fantastic! Your post earlier got me to preorder a Templar Knight Legion builder figure.

I missed out on the first round, I'm looking for a Sir Godfrey anywhere online, but no luck yet.

I love their figures, I posted in here about their Power Lords remakes. I always wanted this guy as a kid, but never got him.

power-lords-ggripptogg-pre-order-3.gif_zps6caer7sz.jpeg

image_zpsegqt8a8w.jpeg

Hope they do the whole line.

I missed out on the first round, I'm looking for a Sir Godfrey anywhere online, but no luck yet.

They're gonna be reposting 1.5 for purchase once they get them in stock early next month, so you should be fine. I'm sure either Diggeh or me will post about them going back up, since I need to get figures from that wave as well.

Fjordson

Cousin managed to snag me a Comic-Con exclusive version the figuarts Broly while he was there. Man he looks awesome. And he's massive. Scale is perfect next to my other DBZ figuarts.

edit: jeez, the paint and detail on those four horsemen figures are incredible for the scale.

Loxley

None of the above. Four Horsemen just decided to make awesome original fantasy characters. Totally original IP. I didn't think to elaborate on what they were because Diggeh had mentioned it a bit above. These were the first wave of Kickstarter figures, then they did 1.5 through StoreHorsemen (http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/) which will be in stock soon with extras, and then 1.75 is up for preorder right now with a goal of shipping by the end of the year, which is when the Kickstarter for 2.0 is supposed to be going on as well.

Wow, these are really cool - definitely going to have to pick some up.

ohkay

Anyone know how often Blizzard restocks the Tracer statue? I've been looking at them on eBay but I'd rather wait if I could buy one for retail price

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I would kill for one of those Mythic Legend Rooster Knights. They're outrageous on eBay though.

You can actually preorder some from the upcoming Eathyron's Dozen wave of birds from BBTS for MSRP. As Haloid mentioned already, there's a reprint of Cockitrus the rooster from the Gothitropolis line:

Then there's Colonel Domesticus, the most ridiculously cool name and design combination for a silly bird figure:

tl;dr You can still get the Eathyron's Dozen wave on BBTS for MSRP, so buy everything!

curb

Banned
My area is finally starting to get new Marvel Legends. It's about damn time.

I see the little Funko She Hulk and Captain Marvel hiding back there. I bought mine via eBay and I love them so much that I bought another Carol for my desk at work.

olympia

So I opened up all my Mythic Legion figures last night, and I've gotta say I'm super impressed with how great they are. Yes they share a lot of parts, but the paint work is legit the best I've seen done on a 6" figure, and they really do look great together. I will absolutely give them a wad of cash for the 2.0 Kickstarter, because more of these will always be a good thing. Picture time!

carpathias is really awesome. wish i picked that one up. colors are cool and he looks great.

Ah man, that looks cool. But I really don't like 3A quality for their 1/6 figures. I'll wait for reviews. Seems like they tend to use cheap plastic for their stuff.

Yeah same here. I was about to pre-order it and then I remembered that shitty Master Chief figure I got (and returned) last year from them. I hear they've gotten better, but I'll wait and see.

Now if it was this figure, I'd probably buy it immediately.

CreepyPreciousAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

olympia

Ah man, that looks cool. But I really don't like 3A quality for their 1/6 figures. I'll wait for reviews. Seems like they tend to use cheap plastic for their stuff.

yeah i have a a 3a iron man. it looks really cool but it's super fragile.

the hand broke on the first day i had it, but then i emailed them a year later (i forgot about it) and they sent me two replacement ones no questions asked. they're really nice

Speaking of 3A, I just got the Destiny Titan figure. I wasn't a fan of the color and armor choice at first, but it's really grown on me. I'll just leave this pic here for now, classic Destiny lowered weapon pose.

LiK

Speaking of 3A, I just got the Destiny Titan figure. I wasn't a fan of the color and armor choice at first, but it's really grown on me. I'll just leave this pic here for now, classic Destiny lowered weapon pose.

i still don't understand why they used that fucking bright red on it. at least make it look like the guy in promo art.

i still don't understand why they used that fucking bright red on it. at least make it look like the guy in promo art.
I futzed with the brightness because the image was showing up pretty dark on my work monitor, so I may have overdone it. Regardless, 3A said that it was Bungie that chose the armor, loadout and the God of War shader for the figure. Wouldn't have been my first choice of colors, but like I said, it has really grown on me. The weathering looks really nice too, and does a great a job at counteracting the bold colors.

LiK

I futzed with the brightness because the image was showing up pretty dark on my work monitor, so I may have overdone it. Regardless, 3A said that it was Bungie that chose the armor, loadout and the God of War shader for the figure.

Bungie ruined it.

jackdoe

I'm kinda disappointed that the Armored Batman doesn't come with the shit-eating "come at me bro" smirk from the movie. That would have made the figure a required purchase for me. As it stands now, not a real fan of the mouth sculpts.

I'm kinda disappointed that the Armored Batman doesn't come with the shit-eating "come at me bro" smirk from the movie. That would have made the figure a required purchase for me. As it stands now, not a real fan of the mouth sculpts.
Yeah that's my only problem with the figure. Should have came with more accessories. Needs a more neutral mouth plate along with the spear and a battle damaged sculpt.

My newest Marvel Legends showed up the other day. It's everyone's favorite pumpkin-headed supervillain, Jack O'Lantern!

kSbyzAH.jpg

LZcZpWE.jpg

BwNEmsE.jpg

YgpmAGH.jpg

YdvHiaL.jpg

iYkWSUx.jpg

I honestly don't know much about this version of Jack O'Lantern. He apparently was introduced to fight Agent Venom, but I know him better when he was a Spiderman villain. Now, this guy is a lot cooler and more modern looking than that old version. He makes for a really great action figure. I love the long, lanky limbs and the pumpkin head sculpt is great. He comes with a couple of great accessories, the scythe and pumpkin bomb are well done. His rocket broom looks neat, but it doesn't really work well. Way too hard to get him to pose on it. But two out of three ain't bad. Extremely happy to have added him to my supernatural / monster shelf of Marvel Legends.

My newest Marvel Legends showed up the other day. It's everyone's favorite pumpkin-headed supervillain, Jack O'Lantern!

kSbyzAH.jpg

LZcZpWE.jpg

BwNEmsE.jpg

YgpmAGH.jpg

YdvHiaL.jpg

iYkWSUx.jpg

I honestly don't know much about this version of Jack O'Lantern. He apparently was introduced to fight Agent Venom, but I know him better when he was a Spiderman villain. Now, this guy is a lot cooler and more modern looking than that old version. He makes for a really great action figure. I love the long, lanky limbs and the pumpkin head sculpt is great. He comes with a couple of great accessories, the scythe and pumpkin bomb are well done. His rocket broom looks neat, but it doesn't really work well. Way too hard to get him to pose on it. But two out of three ain't bad. Extremely happy to have added him to my supernatural / monster shelf of Marvel Legends.

for some reason this reminds me of an episode from the real ghostbusters.

Anyone know what the biggest Evangelion Unit figures are?
Do they make any at about 2ft tall?

Doesn't matter if its a statue either, just looking for the biggest.
Just trying to find one that would look cool displayed with the 2ft Godzilla 2014, and 18inch Gipsy Danger.

iqubal

Banned
Have the Mark VII Hot toys and MK 46 on preorder. ....Do I really want the MK 6 diecast? My plan was to only get one iron man hot toys lol.

I finally pulled the trigger on one of those Movie Realization Star Wars figures.

And I'm glad I did. Definitely going to have to get the Boba Fett and one of the Stormtroopers now.

They're awesome figures. Just kind of expensive. They seem to be putting out new ones at an increased rate, too. Can't wait to see what Darth Maul looks like. All we have so far is the concept.

Bii

Unboxed my gold chrome Hot Toys Stormtrooper...and I knocked off the left kneecap armor. I'm guessing I can put it back on without any glue or something? :/

Edit: Saw another guy post a Youtube video of his unboxing and the left kneecap armor on his came off as well. Not sure if it's a common problem or not but I'll probably have to take photos and send it to Sideshow to see what to do next.

Top Bottom