• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Bii

Here's my Sideshow R2-D2 Unpainted Prototype and Hot Toys Stormtrooper Gold Chrome that I picked up from SDCC. I'll probably readjust/repose the Stormtrooper but just wanted to get him into my display case as quickly as I can. I'm glad Sideshow finally sold some stuff at their booth this year.

IiufAre.jpg

Here's my Sideshow R2-D2 Unpainted Prototype and Hot Toys Stormtrooper Gold Chrome that I picked up from SDCC. I'll probably readjust/repose the Stormtrooper but just wanted to get him into my display case as quickly as I can. I'm glad Sideshow finally sold some stuff at their booth this year.

Gold Stormtrooper is so shiny.

Fjordson

Anyone have any of the King Arts diecast Ironman suits? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one. Ironman is maybe my favourite super hero, but I still don't have a single suit.

LiK

How's the chrome? Is it fingerprint resistant?

Bii

How's the chrome? Is it fingerprint resistant?

It looks good. Haven't seen any imperfections or chip marks. I usually give my hands a thorough wash and dry but fingerprints were still seen on the figure; though it isn't too noticeable.

Anyone have any of the King Arts diecast Ironman suits? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one. Ironman is maybe my favourite super hero, but I still don't have a single suit.

I have King Arts Starboost (my fav armor). They're basically scaled down Hot Toys, right down to the packaging and shipper. The paint job isn't quite as good as Hot Toys, but only by a tiny margin and only if you're really looking. Probably has to do with the size of the figure. I'd say they're a good alternative to Hot Toys.

Cptkrush

I feel ya, my local comic shop is such a bummer. They have huge selections of everything, great employees, and it's really well lit and spacious, but when it comes to price it's straight up garbage. They had the Marvel Legends Spider-Gwen and Venom marked up to $35 the day they got them in stock, and they really like to match ebay prices on older legends. Anyone that runs a retail store, and gets their figures wholesale should not be gouging because that's some dirty shit. I have to imagine they have a few boxes of the X-Men wave right now, and are charging 50-100 for Deadpool, but who could say, they lost my business when I caught on to their bs. I'm strictly online and big box retail, and my life has been so much better.

I just had to update on this prophetic post I made two weeks ago about my local comic shop.

So I wandered into this place today with my girlfriend looking for some d&d miniatures, and sure enough they had two sets of the xmen marvel legends wave for retail save for Rogue which they have marked up to $35, and Deadpool whom they have in a big glass case for $70. Fucking scalpers

Hey guys first time posting in this thread
I'm on mobile so sorry if the pics come through big.
I was wondering what your experience generally is with getting figures off of amazon. The last couple of days have been hell through them trying to acquire the Amazon Exclusive Harley Quinn figure. I ordered the Joker in the silver suit from them last week and he got to me in perfect condition in a box. Harley arrived Saturday crushed inside of an envelope.

I called customer service and the lady was very helpful and put in for a free replacement and letting me keep the crushed one. I figured that would work cause then I could open one and leave the other in the box for a display (trying to get them all).
The second arrived today in worse condition than the first.

TMrhKmo.jpg

Needless to say but I called again and complained (not in a mean way). They told me they would once again send me another and it WILL be in a box this time (said they would do what they could to get it in one last time). It's pissing me off cause this one is exclusive but I don't want to keep calling and get flagged or some shit but I want what I paid for. Part of the reason it was crushed is because the new mail lady shoved it in my mail box twice instead of putting it in the parcel locker. Literally had to put my foot against the wall twice to pull it out. Called the post office and told them the story and they tore her a new one. I know she shouldn't have shoved it in the mail box (twice) but I feel this wouldn't have happen if Amazon had just put it in a box instead of an envelope. Anyways just ranting

TLDR; Amazon Shipped Harley Figure in inadequate packaging twice and my Mail Lady crushed it Twice

That sucks dude, I've always gotten mine in a box when I order from Amazon.

btw are you comfortable with your address and name showing up in those pics?

Apharmd

I'm sorry, but is it okay to make posts about buying or selling action figures here? I received a couple of Mythic Legion figures and while they are really nice, they just weren't my cup of tea.

I'm sorry, but is it okay to make posts about buying or selling action figures here? I received a couple of Mythic Legion figures and while they are really nice, they just weren't my cup of tea.

Which ones did you get? I've been looking for a Galeron and Otho for a decent price.

I think buying/selling is fine for this thread not really anywhere else to post it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Not your...but...4H...ML...how...

GzXqeYy.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
you reminded me that my Screaming Eagle preorder still hasn't shipped. taking forever.

Eagalus reprints were part of the new Avian Warriors wave with Eathyron's Dozen and Avian All-Stars, which are still on track for shipping "late summer". I have quite a few of the newer birds as well, so I'll keep you posted.

AVIAN WARRIORS: We were expecting all of these pre-ordered items to be in the warehouse around late spring/early summer, but there were a couple of minor production delays, so it looks like they're going to be shipping from the factory within a couple of weeks or so and arriving in our warehouse and begin shipping in late summer. The "Avian Warriors" includes the basic birds wave, the Eathyron's Dozen group the Avian All-Stars wave and Eagalus.

Apharmd

Which ones did you get? I've been looking for a Galeron and Otho for a decent price.

I think buying/selling is fine for this thread not really anywhere else to post it.

Neither man, Blood Knight and Gorgo Aetherblade LOL

I'm sorry, dude.

Not your...but...4H...ML...how...

GzXqeYy.gif

LMAO yeah I know man, I'm not saying they're bad figures at all. It's just that they're a bit larger than how I feel and the articulation while fantastic, is just not to my taste. I think I'm spoiled considering I want my grown-ass men in full plate prancing around like S.H. Figuarts.

That said, they are really fantastic figures. I'd rather sell them at cost + shipping to someone else who will appreciate them than to mess with them.

To latch onto the Mythic Legions talk, my order arrived yesterday! I had completely forgotten which ones I had ordered so it was exciting to open up the package. Ended up going with Bothar, Vorgus, Attila (dat lion helmet), and Sir Owain.

Really pleased with the figures, but then thought, "wait, I didn't order the bull guy?!!" So I hopped online and ordered Asterionn and Ignatius to go with him.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We're not splintering this group further pls

No, see, the point is that everyone in here will finally see the light and we can all have a gigantic Mythic Legions collection together!

Everyone pls get Ignatius

Phasma Hot Toy this Friday! After that it's Rey, Yoda, Joker and Harley for outstanding preorders. I remember the days I had 10 processing orders.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Good, I will create my Saint Seiya Figures |OT| where I will be the only one posting

Hey, those Seiya figures are pretty nice! We should get some in here.

Also I'm not seriously suggesting another OT guys pls

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Really you like those too!? is there ANY line or figures you DON"T like?, you are a whore!

In before Funko Pop

I like a lot of toys! There's so much cool stuff out here it's hard not to. Well, I don't own any of the Seiya figures, but they do look really cool and the series itself is pretty great. I've heard the cloth ones are crazy hard to get or something. Also, regardless of the hate they get here, I'm pretty sure I like POP!

icespide

Banned
every day I come in here hoping to see giant 56k melting high res pics of a hot toys civil war spider-man. every day I die a little when it doesn't happen

Tom_Cody

They're awesome figures. Just kind of expensive. They seem to be putting out new ones at an increased rate, too. Can't wait to see what Darth Maul looks like. All we have so far is the concept.

jIapxjU.jpg
It will be mine.

Give me a Qui-Gon to go with it and I'll be able to die happy.

I like a lot of toys! There's so much cool stuff out here it's hard not to. Well, I don't own any of the Seiya figures, but they do look really cool and the series itself is pretty great. I've heard the cloth ones are crazy hard to get or something. Also, regardless of the hate they get here, I'm pretty sure I like POP!

Yeah, the SS is one of my personal favorite series. It is indeed a crazy market since Europe, China and South America are pretty hardcore SS fans and they don't out much figures out so they tent to go fast, is you are into armors this is the series to get.
The armors can be put on the figure or assembled into what is called an "object" usually representing the Zodiac sign or the star/constellation the Armor represents.

This is the latest release, it's on the way from Japan and I should get it soon.

Aquarius Camus

Vf9pM5VU.jpg

AxgkyQ5B.jpg

Armor in object form
x63svPOB.jpg

Last year Toei put out a new SS series called "Soul of Gold" where the Golden Saints from Saint Seiya (Not the original protags but the most powerful Saints from the series) get a new on-steroids golden armor called "God Cloth". somebody called it a plot to sell us new figures, and yes they succeeded.

These are the 5 guys released so far from this line (12 total, 5 more to go) , picture from my collection, hopefully I can cramp Camus there too so I do 6 per stage so it will only occupy half Detolf on these line. Space for figures is a precious commodity.

3N16MA

Banned
oh dang, thats an awesome harley figure! thanks for the help guys, now just to find where and how to preorder it o_O

The DC Collectibles statue is 12 inches while the one that comes with the Blu-Ray seems like a miniature version.

I believe MSRP on the 12 inch is $150 USD.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Seiya has that insane global appeal. They sell out on AmiAmi as fast as the more in-demand Figuarts do. It's gotta be rough!

dankir

I know your pain :(

If they haven't shown on yet, then it'll probably be a figure for Homecoming. But never count Hot Toys out, timelines aren't there strongpoint.

I mean we still haven't gotten a Poe figure from TFA so I wouldn't worry too much.

hunchback

I just spent the most I ever have for a figure.

I purchased the Wolf Predator bust that is limited to 750. I couldn't resist. I have a few 1/6 Predator figures. My wife is gonna kill me.

I know we mainly talk about figures and not bust or sculptures but since this is a Sideshow product I wanted to share.

Top Bottom