• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Replicant

I actually managed to ask them to delete an item that I double-ordered. How did you manage to piss them off? By not paying? Yeah, that'd be baaaaad.

Rootbeer

Banned
Large BBTS order coming for me later this month

Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP-10 reissue (finally after much waffling)
Mezco One:12 Collective Modern Cap
Mezco One:12 Collective Shazam
Mezco One:12 Collective Armored Batman SDCC 2016 Exclusive

Diving in pretty hard with Mezco. Hope it impresses me so I can keep going with this line.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my second and "final" warning from AmiAmi.

ZOMBINE PLS

Diving in pretty hard with Mezco. Hope it impresses me so I can keep going with this line.

Grats Zulith! That's quite the haul. Can't wait for your MP10 impressions, because he's pure bliss.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
oh, I got one of those, once. They're full of shit. They may cancel all your orders, but it's unlikely they'll actually ban you.

They're definitely the assholes of the figure industry.

FTbeSqd.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
HLJ sometimes has cheaper prices than amiami too. And you can cancel without any consequences, directly from your order page.

I still use amiami a lot, but if they were ever to ban me I think I'd survive just fine.

I've cancelled two items over the span of about 4 years. So far no complaints from them about it. Order often and cancel rarely is the secret.

Fjordson

I only have Dark Knight Returns Batman and Judge Dredd from the One:12 line, but both figures are insanely awesome.

DemiMatt

I'm jealous, just waiting over here for my POs like - when are you gonna charge.

HLJ sometimes has cheaper prices than amiami too. And you can cancel without any consequences, directly from your order page.

I still use amiami a lot, but if they were ever to ban me I think I'd survive just fine.

I've cancelled two items over the span of about 4 years. So far no complaints from them about it. Order often and cancel rarely is the secret.

I mainly use HLJ and Hobbysearch. Hobbysearch also allows you to cancel directly if you do so within a few days of placing the order.

I found that shipping costs are considerably cheaper from using HS or HLJ instead of Ami, because of how much packing material AmiAmi tends to use. Dat shipping weight.

You guys know any places to get accessories for figures? I'm talking everyday items like phones, cameras, glasses, and whatnot. Looking for 1/6 and 1/12 scale preferably.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is that AmiAmi treats me right and I love 'em for it. I only order what I 100% want without question like MP Primal/Cheetor and select harder-to-get Figuarts. HLJ is also awesome for allowing FedEx and cancellations. Both give you what you want. Gimmie all the things. All of them.

iqubal

Banned
Got the new alien warrior by hot toys. Looks awesome, but terrible articulation :(

May flip it and grab something else ugh.

You guys know any places to get accessories for figures? I'm talking everyday items like phones, cameras, glasses, and whatnot. Looking for 1/6 and 1/12 scale preferably.

There are tons of background packs for 1/12 figures in Japan. I would assume that HLJ carries some. If not, take a trip to Akihabara :).

Bii

On the wait list for Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) and got an email from Sideshow for $30 off the regular AoU version due to the long wait...this pretty much means my wait list won't be converted right? :(

On the wait list for Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) and got an email from Sideshow for $30 off the regular AoU version due to the long wait...this pretty much means my wait list won't be converted right? :(

Sideshow can randomly find some of them quite a while later. I've seen waitlists convert six months after the item initially started shipping. Rare but possible.

BBTS processing Phasma in 10 days. it's finally happening.

Mine arrives today! I've tempered my expectations after seeing how limiting the undersuit is. She still looks good though

Also ended up putting an order in for HT Armored Batman. Reviews make it look like a must have.

Releasing any day now in HK!

13923390_920868291372199_9160400289280861562_o.jpg

Yes! Been waiting for it for a long time.

BBTS processing Phasma in 10 days. it's finally happening.

Mine arrives today! I've tempered my expectations after seeing how limiting the undersuit is. She still looks good though

Also ended up putting an order in for HT Armored Batman. Reviews make it look like a must have.

I got mine yesterday. Pretty good figure overall. Very light since she's all plastic. Not the best poseability, but should be enough to get some decent poses.

Quick shot I took last night:

Picked up the Batman Animated Series R'as al Ghul last night after work. Great looking figure of my fave Batman villain, though I wish the cape wasn't so stiff so I could do some more dynamic poses. Never meant to collect these, but ever since getting a couple this past xmas, I now have 9 (not buying any of the new adventures figures).

DemiMatt

Got the new alien warrior by hot toys. Looks awesome, but terrible articulation :(

May flip it and grab something else ugh.

Really glad I passed on this - it looked fantastic but I was worried about the suit & articulation. A lot of recent pictures show it standing still so I assumed the worst. At least you get a new figure!

Confirmed at Power Morphicon hours ago!

If those all combine I'll pick them up! I've been looking for a replacement Megazord ever since I sold mine from my childhood T_T (wish I didn't).

Top Bottom