• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Glad some of you guys liked your Phasma. Got mine today and I just hate it. The undersuit is so bad, much worse than what they used for the OT troopers. Oh well. Not as bad as Returns Batman but still.

JLynn

For those who are wondering "Can it combine?" need to see the Comic-con pics of SOC Voltron.

So Bandai is really focusing on the west now with the SOC line, at least with their latest two announcement.

I mentioned it earlier that I believe Bandai got everything they could from the Japanese market.

Phasma in the Detolf.

yhYQ6A0.jpg

6D5dqtP.jpg

Finally opened up Figuarts Ant-Man and he's soooooooooooooooo much fun! What he lacks in accessories he makes up for in detail and pure quality! One of my favorite Figuarts in a while--I can't put him down!

How does he scale with regular Marvel Legends figures? I was disappointed that the Marvel Legends Ant-Man movie figure didn't have the proper helmet.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How does he scale with regular Marvel Legends figures? I was disappointed that the Marvel Legends Ant-Man movie figure didn't have the proper helmet.

He's definitely the best Ant-Man figure done at this scale, easily eclipsing the Legends Ant-Man in terms of fun and the typical Figuarts quality. I'm not an expert on height measurements for everyone in the MCU, but I personally feel he's better scaled than the Legends. I tend to think of Ant-Man as shorter than most of the cast, but technically any size of Ant-Man is canon when you think about it! :p

If you wanted him a little bit taller you could extend the legs a bit as per usual with Marvel Figuarts, but that's typically done to achieve better poses rather than increase height.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
He really is an amazing figure. I don't usually get any of the figma/Figuarts Marvel stuff because the Legends are good enough for me, but Ant-Man is one of my favorite characters and his Figuarts is so freaking good. I keep taking him out of his box--I can't put him down! I was considering Figuarts Panther but with it being web exclusive, $100+, and very little to no accessories, the Legends figure will do just fine.

Thanks for the pics, Diggeh! Might have to get that Ant-Man one of these days. He looks great. Looks like he should look fine with the Marvel Legends figures. Speaking of which, maybe I should post pics of what I have...

Boke1879

I definitely want to pick up that Ant-Man simply because I think it looks cool. I'll have the figuarts Black Panther later this year.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the pics, Diggeh! Might have to get that Ant-Man one of these days. He looks great. Looks like he should look fine with the Marvel Legends figures. Speaking of which, maybe I should post pics of what I have...

The more pics the merrier! I've kinda been slacking on posting my usual AmiAmi haul pics. Gonna have to catch up on my Mythic Legions birds backlog too. So many photo shoots to do!

Marvel Legends:

DC figures:

Kaiyado Virtual On Temjin, and Bandai S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon.

Cool collection. You have a couple of figures I want to get.

I'd really like to get some DC figures, but I'm not really sold on any of their lines. The current Icons line seems really problematic. The scale is off, articulation sucks and the paint off. The DCUC while superior on every level, is just so crazy expensive since the figures are all older.

If you have any local comic shops, you might want to check if they have any DC Universe Classics figures there. The ones around me here in Orlando usually have some. Usually $20-$30 each for most.

I don't technically have any myself (I stopped collecting figures around 2005 or so, and didn't get back into it until a few months ago), but my older brother (which lives here with me and our family), does have quite a few, and I've always really liked them. Here's a Justice League picture I took of them one day. Sorry about the mess behind them, I was just moving into my new room when I took it, so a lot of my console and controller wires were all over the place.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys seen this Ghosts and Goblins figure on the way. I don't usually get figures anymore, but this might be an exception.

UC-Ghosts-n-Goblins-Arthur-001.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/27/pics-union-creative-gngs-arthur-jet-set-radios-beat-216362

Yeah, I've been waiting for that Arthur ever since the prototype reveal! Union Creative is doing some awesome figures. They're even making a Beat from Jet Set Radio!

Couple that with the upcoming figma Ulala and you've got a Dreamcast figure renaissance!

anSp31f.png

bjork

Yeah, I've been waiting for that Arthur ever since the prototype reveal! Union Creative is doing some awesome figures. They're even making a Beat from Jet Set Radio!

What are the chances of getting a Gum? I would go in on a figure of Gum, but I don't think I've ever seen one.

Those are some cool Arthur and Beat figures. Doom Marine looks cool, too.
Couple that with the upcoming figma Ulala and you've got a Dreamcast figure renaissance!

anSp31f.png

That's actually a custom Ulala done for a contest in 2009: http://www.tomopop.com/post.phtml?pk=6481

It was for a contest at Max Factory, though, which does the figma figures, so...maybe it might not look much different.

That's dope. I've seen some great custom versions of some of those Big Figs, but this one takes the cake.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AWWWWW SHIT FUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

Don't forget the Chainsaw is exclusive to Bambaland and Bethesda Store.

bR35fVH.jpg

hUvWp3r.jpg

Those are some cool Arthur and Beat figures. Doom Marine looks cool, too.

That's actually a custom Ulala done for a contest in 2009: http://www.tomopop.com/post.phtml?pk=6481

It was for a contest at Max Factory, though, which does the figma figures, so...maybe it might not look much different.

Yeah it's a custom, but I figured it would look better than just posting the announcement card from WonFes since I already posted it in the thread. This one's the real deal!

ko5FtYP.jpg

jackdoe

My advice to anyone considering a 3A figure of the space marine variety: stay away. They're practically guaranteed to have piss poor poseability thanks to the rubber undersuit and there's a 50/50 chance that the hands can't hold their weapons. Their Master Chief figures was awful and I regret purchasing it completely.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My advice to anyone considering a 3A figure of the space marine variety: stay away. They're practically guaranteed to have piss poor poseability thanks to the rubber undersuit and there's a 50/50 chance that the hands can't hold their weapons. Their Master Chief figures was awful and I regret purchasing it completely.

True, 3A figures aren't that great, but it's Doom Guy. A figure of Doom Guy. A lot of people want Doom Guy. A lot.
Once again, I was about to post a reminder that tomorrow's the last day for Mythic Legions 1.75 preorders after the one week extension, but PayPal just slapped 4H in the face with some stupidity, so they're extending preorders a few more days until they sort out payment.

So we just got an email from Paypal today (who are not only processing our direct payments, but for the last few months our credit card payments as well), and they're saying that because of the incredible success of our most recent Mythic Legions pre-order, they consider Four Horsemen / Store Horsemen a "high risk" small business because we do things on a pre-order basis, and have decided that they're going to "part ways" with us beginning today without any sort or warning or conversation about the issue whatsoever. They're just done… Not only that, but they're also telling us that they're going to be withholding about 1/4 of the payments that were made during this current pre-order for six months just to make sure that there are no chargeback payment issues.

What this means to all of you who have placed pre-orders for the Mythic Legions: Covenant of Shadow wave, the Mythic Legions: All-Stars 1.0 wave and the Mythic Legions: Trolls is nothing different than usual really. They didn't withhold enough money from us to keep us from producing and shipping the figures (thank goodness!), but it's going to make things screwy on our end for a few days as we transfer over to another payment processor(s).

What this means to anyone that still wanted to place pre-orders between now and when the pre-order is supposed to end Tuesday night at 11:59pm is that you're still going to be able to do that, but you're going to wait until we get another payment method set up (maybe a day or two - we'll post an announcement), and you'll have to use another payment method besides Paypal to do it. It's quite possible that we'll only be able to accept credit card payments for the remainder of this pre-order until we get some other payment method set up, but we'll let you know about that.

Because of all of this crap we're going to extend the pre-order by an extra couple of days or so depending on when we get the new payment method set up. We'll make an announcement about that and let you know what payment methods can be used.

I get where they're coming from--these figures do require upfront payment--but that's some very unprofessional behavior on PayPal's part.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I popped into a Walmart during my break and they had about six each of the Walmart-exclusive Civil War figures that I'd lost hope of seeing, and a Venom.
Picked up all three. Falcon, Winter Soldier, Venom.

Replicant

So, I lost my mind and purchased this. I already have Leo Aiolos and is interested in the new Sagitarius one so I thought, may as well?

action-figure-cancer-deathmask-gold-god-cloth-serie-soul-of-gold-die-cast-myth-ex-bandai-saint-seiya.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, more Seiya figures for Action Figure GAF! Keep 'em coming guys!
I'll buy one someday I promise

SuperSah

Banned
Hi guys! I'm new here - nice to meet you all.

I obtained my first Figma today, Figma Link. It is an absolutely incredible figure with amazing articulation and possibility for poses. :D

I now want something to go along with him - was thinking about the Figuarts Bowser.

So after coming to the realization I was probably gonna lose my entire collection due to flooding in the area, the water stopped maybe 10 feet from my house. Lemme tell you guys, I know things don't matter, my family could have gotten out, we had our plans, but holy fuck is it stressful trying to save what you can. I cannot express how sorry I am for people in the area who have lost everything.

But I'm back (at least when I'm at work cause house doesn't have internet and LTE sucks). Eat shit Diggle you tried to take it but you can't have it yet.

Fjordson

I obtained my first Figma today, Figma Link. It is an absolutely incredible figure with amazing articulation and possibility for poses. :D

I now want something to go along with him - was thinking about the Figuarts Bowser.
If you're keeping it Nintendo, the Figma Samus is amazing.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Welcome! Figma Link is indeed a beautiful gateway into madness glorious figure collecting! You arrived just in time for figma ALBW Link and figma Zelda!

7UoRy9A.png

As for Figuarts Bowser, he's a great figure but super tiny. Like, you have to imagine that he's based on NES Bowser because he's sooooo small. I have the Jakks WoN Bowser and he's decent scale for the price.

xVXS5DJ.png

(Jakks Bowser on the left, tiny Figuarts Bowser on the right)

So after coming to the realization I was probably gonna lose my entire collection due to flooding in the area, the water stopped maybe 10 feet from my house. Lemme tell you guys, I know things don't matter, my family could have gotten out, we had our plans, but holy fuck is it stressful trying to save what you can. I cannot express how sorry I am for people in the area who have lost everything.

But I'm back (at least when I'm at work cause house doesn't have internet and LTE sucks). Eat shit Diggle you tried to take it but you can't have it yet.

HALOID PLS DON'T LET AFG THINK WE AREN'T TRUE COLLECTING BROS

F5GxPUT.gif

AFG will be mine

So, I lost my mind and purchased this. I already have Leo Aiolos and is interested in the new Sagitarius one so I thought, may as well?

action-figure-cancer-deathmask-gold-god-cloth-serie-soul-of-gold-die-cast-myth-ex-bandai-saint-seiya.jpg

You have done well my friend, Amazing figure!

Welcome to the Saint Seiya brotherhood.

Camus_23_zpsouavkjz5.jpg

Next one is Aiolos and then Aldebaran which is huuuuge in size.

Top Bottom