• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

The box is awful though... what the hell is this??

13907169_1013772895410365_6807617926470032754_n.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The box is awful though... what the hell is this??

13907169_1013772895410365_6807617926470032754_n.jpg

It's, uh...Well, that is to say...You know, it's really...

about as disjointed and messy as the actual film HEYOOOOO okay I'm gonna go ly dow

Awesome that the suit doesn't appear to be hindering articulation too much. Might be one of their most poseable Batman figures to date.

So after coming to the realization I was probably gonna lose my entire collection due to flooding in the area, the water stopped maybe 10 feet from my house. Lemme tell you guys, I know things don't matter, my family could have gotten out, we had our plans, but holy fuck is it stressful trying to save what you can. I cannot express how sorry I am for people in the area who have lost everything.

But I'm back (at least when I'm at work cause house doesn't have internet and LTE sucks). Eat shit Diggle you tried to take it but you can't have it yet.

Sorry to hear. I hope everything turns out ok. Flooding is pretty common here in Texas and it's one of my biggest fears.

LiK

So after coming to the realization I was probably gonna lose my entire collection due to flooding in the area, the water stopped maybe 10 feet from my house. Lemme tell you guys, I know things don't matter, my family could have gotten out, we had our plans, but holy fuck is it stressful trying to save what you can. I cannot express how sorry I am for people in the area who have lost everything.

But I'm back (at least when I'm at work cause house doesn't have internet and LTE sucks). Eat shit Diggle you tried to take it but you can't have it yet.

glad you're okay. are you gonna move all your figures to higher ground/ upper floors?

NEO0MJ

Glad to hear everything's all right on your side.

Hi guys! I'm new here - nice to meet you all.

I obtained my first Figma today, Figma Link. It is an absolutely incredible figure with amazing articulation and possibility for poses. :D

I now want something to go along with him - was thinking about the Figuarts Bowser.

Forget about Bowser, there's a nendroid Meta-Knight coming!

Welcome! Figma Link is indeed a beautiful gateway into madness glorious figure collecting! You arrived just in time for figma ALBW Link and figma Zelda!

As for Figuarts Bowser, he's a great figure but super tiny. Like, you have to imagine that he's based on NES Bowser because he's sooooo small. I have the Jakks WoN Bowser and he's decent scale for the price.

Size is nice but the difference in quality is so obvious.

And the LBW Link looks so nice, but I'm not a collector of meatbags.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Don't take any chances. You don't want to be this guy.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Size is nice but the difference in quality is so obvious.

Yeah, but when you have a scaled Smash figure collection like I do that involves a mix of Figuarts, figma, Jakks, Tomy, Nendoroids, etc., size matters. I'm not having a Mario-sized Bowser stand next to the likes of DK and Snake! He's barely bigger than Bowser Jr.! I believe there's a slightly bigger Sofubi Bowser too, but he's more expensive than the Figuarts one.

SuperSah

Banned
If you're keeping it Nintendo, the Figma Samus is amazing.

Man, I'd LOVE Samus' Figma. I'm in the UK though and tracking her down is a NIGHTMARE. It's just super expensive scalper eBay prices and dodgy looking import sites. :/

It's a shame - I'm considering buying the Jakks Samus for the time being to fill her place.

Welcome! Figma Link is indeed a beautiful gateway into madness glorious figure collecting! You arrived just in time for figma ALBW Link and figma Zelda!

7UoRy9A.png

As for Figuarts Bowser, he's a great figure but super tiny. Like, you have to imagine that he's based on NES Bowser because he's sooooo small. I have the Jakks WoN Bowser and he's decent scale for the price.

xVXS5DJ.png

(Jakks Bowser on the left, tiny Figuarts Bowser on the right)

Thanks a lot! I'm definitely enjoying Link. It's great to have such a high quality figure like this with so much option going for him. I'm certainly onboard now. Once I start, I'm probably not gonna stop haha!

Thanks for the Bowser images. He does seem mighty small which is a kind of shame considering he's a large character generally and some reviews I've seen were fairly negative due to the apparent lazy articulation and whatnot. I may have to track down an alternative.

I'm not a fan at all of ALBW Link so I'm sure to give him a pass but I'll certainly be lapping up Zelda and TP Link in a heartbeat.

Fjordson

Hot Toys don't always do much for me, but that Affleck Bats looks incredible. Seems like it has solid articulation also.

Man, I'd LOVE Samus' Figma. I'm in the UK though and tracking her down is a NIGHTMARE. It's just super expensive scalper eBay prices and dodgy looking import sites. :/
Ah, didn't think of that.

Well luckily they're putting out a second Samus figma from Prime 3 (not sure when it's coming out, maybe early next year). Will probably be really good also.

Yarbskoo

Hi guys! I'm new here - nice to meet you all.

I obtained my first Figma today, Figma Link. It is an absolutely incredible figure with amazing articulation and possibility for poses. :D

I now want something to go along with him - was thinking about the Figuarts Bowser.
Figma Link is pretty great, but of course there's the Link Between Worlds figma, so I'd better preorder that and oh god there's twilight princess figmas too and nendoroids where am I going to put all this

jDQR0Xq.png

Welcome to the slippery slope.

jackdoe

Hot Toys don't always do much for me, but that Affleck Bats looks incredible. Seems like it has solid articulation also.
The Batfleck Hot Toys actually looks like it can get into a lunging position, something impossible with the Baleman Hot Toys figure that I have.

SuperSah

Banned
Well luckily they're putting out a second Samus figma from Prime 3 (not sure when it's coming out, maybe early next year). Will probably be really good also.

I just came across an auction ending in one day for a new Figma Samus for £20 so far. I'm 100% keeping my eye on this, I could bid for this.. :D

Figma Link is pretty great, but of course there's the Link Between Worlds figma, so I'd better preorder that and oh god there's twilight princess figmas too and nendoroids where am I going to put all this

jDQR0Xq.png

Welcome to the slippery slope.

Damn, nice collection man! I'm super jealous! I have no idea where to go next. :(

There's so many stuff coming up. TP Link, Princess Zelda, MetaKnight Nendo. That's alongside all the other stuff I want - Samus, Satsuki from Kill la Kill, Lucina.

I have no idea where to start. Any tips for a newcomer into this? I scored Link as someone on eBay was clearing out their hoard and had it for £33 so I snatched it up, opened it and realised how fantastic these are and spent hours creating a list of what I want.

My questions are: what are the good import stores? Is there some site that shows you upcoming figures and announcements? It seems kinda hard to track them to be honest.

Not truly figures, but GameStop lowered the ArtFX first order stormtrooper and snowtrooper 2 packs to $39.97. They're not articulated but come with swappable arms for different poses. I grabbed 1 of each.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea where to start. Any tips for a newcomer into this? I scored Link as someone on eBay was clearing out their hoard and had it for £33 so I snatched it up, opened it and realised how fantastic these are and spent hours creating a list of what I want.

My questions are: what are the good import stores? Is there some site that shows you upcoming figures and announcements? It seems kinda hard to track them to be honest.

AmiAmi and HLJ are your best friends for importing! I get everything from AmiAmi, but a lot of people prefer HLJ because AmiAmi is very strict about cancellations and HLJ is more like BBTS in that you can cancel whenever without penalty. They also offer a FedEx shipping option which is very nice (even if item prices can be higher than AmiAmi). Preferred shipping is EMS, but that can be rather expensive, so you can choose SAL Registered if you prefer. I personally EMS everything because I want my big fat monthly orders in 1-3 days, not 2-5 weeks! Gimmie!

Usually we'll try to post when things go live on AmiAmi or when new stuff is announced. I use a couple of sites to keep up with news, but Twitter also helps a lot for announcements.

Remember: Buy ALL THE THINGS.

All of them.

zR3sOJp.gif

Not truly figures, but GameStop lowered the ArtFX first order stormtrooper and snowtrooper 2 packs to $39.97. They're not articulated but come with swappable arms for different poses. I grabbed 1 of each.

Nice! I always thought it was weird that GS sold those ArtFX statues--they never moved in stores at all!

Yarbskoo

I usually just order from amiami unless there's a Good Smile exclusive I want. I've bought a couple of the older ones from amazon, but I've given up on getting some of the really old figures. I'm just glad they re-released some of them, like the Zero Suit Samus and Aigis, to give me a chance to catch up a bit.

As for keeping up to date, I usually just check this thread, as well as the nendoroid and amiibo threads, and maybe visit the Good Smile site to see if anything's new. I'm sure there's some better sites for that, but I'm not really sure what they are.

SuperSah

Banned
AmiAmi and HLJ are your best friends for importing! I get everything from AmiAmi, but a lot of people prefer HLJ because AmiAmi is very strict about cancellations and HLJ is more like BBTS in that you can cancel whenever without penalty. They also offer a FedEx shipping option which is very nice (even if item prices can be higher than AmiAmi). Preferred shipping is EMS, but that can be rather expensive, so you can choose SAL Registered if you prefer. I personally EMS everything because I want my big fat monthly orders in 1-3 days, not 2-5 weeks! Gimmie!

Usually we'll try to post when things go live on AmiAmi or when new stuff is announced. I use a couple of sites to keep up with news, but Twitter also helps a lot for announcements.

Remember: Buy ALL THE THINGS.

All of them.[/IMG]

Fantastic - really useful post there, so thanks! If I've learnt anything from this is that if I want something, I better buy it the moment I see it.

I've just laid down a bid for a brand new Satsuki Figma and it ends on Thursday. It's a reasonably priced one but knowing my luck someone will go beyond my bid!

I usually just order from amiami unless there's a Good Smile exclusive I want. I've bought a couple of the older ones from amazon, but I've given up on getting some of the really old figures. I'm just glad they re-released some of them, like the Zero Suit Samus and Aigis, to give me a chance to catch up a bit.

As for keeping up to date, I usually just check this thread, as well as the nendoroid and amiibo threads, and maybe visit the Good Smile site to see if anything's new. I'm sure there's some better sites for that, but I'm not really sure what they are.

Awesome! That's great. I'll definitely keep up and add these pages to my bookmarks. Definitely going to go all in from here on out! :D

Hero

The Nintendo Figma are pretty damn awesome and I can't wait for the TP Zelda and Link. I hope they do more Smash/Fire Emblem characters. I need a Figma Ike in my life.

With the WoN/Figurarts Bowser comparison, are the two companies working together? Noticed how the WoN Mario is a cheaper/less articulated version of the Figurarts Mario for like, half the price.

Fuck!

Preordered Batman, canceled Batman and ate NRD, to re-preordering and using all my reward points. It turned out stunning and the thought of posing Bats with Straight-jacket Joker in a makeshift Arkham cell in the Detolf sounded too fun to pass up. So many different poses.

Fjordson

AmiAmi, HobbyLink Japan for import stuff. Big Bad Toy Store if it gets released in the West.

iqubal

Banned
Pre-ordered Hot toys Regular Batman After seeing the in hand pics. God damn it's beautiful. I kind of want superman too now. Crappy movie gets the best looking figures lol.

Replicant

You have done well my friend, Amazing figure!

Welcome to the Saint Seiya brotherhood.

Camus_23_zpsouavkjz5.jpg

Next one is Aiolos and then Aldebaran which is huuuuge in size.

Oh wow. They all look amazing. Are you buying all of them? I wish I have all the moneys to buy them all. I only have Leo, Sagitarius, and now Cancer.

Also, is the new Sagitarius the same thing as the previous one?

Oh wow. They all look amazing. Are you buying all of them? I wish I have all the moneys to buy them all. I only have Leo, Sagitarius, and now Cancer.

Also, is the new Sagitarius the same thing as the previous one?
Thanks buddy, yeah I plan to collect them all if possible.
I haven't seen your Sagittarius but I am going to go out of a limb and say he is the Myth Cloth EX classic design from the original anime/manga.
The ones I have and your Leo and Cancer belong to a new anime from last year called "Soul of Gold" focused on the Gold Saints, in this new anime their cloths have evolved to maximum level and turned Into God Cloths, basically their armors are on steroids. More wings, more robust, more everything. So yeah the Sagittarius that's coming up is the God Cloth version from this new series. The show is on crunchyroll if you want to give it try, it's only 13 episodes.

I've got some new Marvel Legends!

First up, everyone's second favorite sawed-off Canadian, Wolverine!

fYcPn6w.jpg

ADH0W1M.jpg

tpS7nTC.jpg

05Wearw.jpg

HA08oH5.jpg

WBsY3ME.jpg

I've wanted a Wolverine figure ever-since I decided to start collecting this line. I held off on getting the old brown suit Wolverine, and I'm so glad I did. This guy is almost perfect. He's short, bulky and the sculpt is awesome. Plus, he's crazy articulated. The butterfly joints on this guy allow for some serious berzerker action. The only drawback would be the face. I kind of wish he had a snarl or something like that. But whatever. It's a tiny thing on an otherwise amazing figure.

Everyone's favorite sawed-off Canadian runt is, of course, Puck

Next up, it's bleedin' Captain Britain.

PaIltVJ.jpg

sGQVqMF.jpg

W9TyE6d.jpg

km6xC2h.jpg

hEzZzF6.jpg

I've always loved this guy. His costume design is so great. While this isn't the classic 80s costume I fell in love with, this modern look largely retains elements from that design. The new boots and hand wraps are an upgrade, I think. The figure itself is just so damn heroic looking. I mean, seriously. He's so muscle bound and that thick chin. He looks like an idealized super hero. This is the first figure I've gotten with the Sentry body and I love it. I can see how such a huge body might not work for some characters, but with Captain Britain it's perfect.

Last, but not least, it's Spider Woman.

MRAyXmZ.jpg

9RsD22s.jpg

ZOH7gUw.jpg

I wanted more female figures to round out my shelf, and decided on Jessica. Really cool figure. Great looking female sculpt. But while it's very aesthetically pleasing, the posing is kind of limited. The legs are really the biggest problem. May I just need to play around with the articulation a bit, but her hips just don't co-operate very well. Plus her hands also hinder what you can do with her. That said, the poses you can get her into are fine. She looks great on the shelf, and that's really what matters most for me.

Replicant

Thanks buddy, yeah I plan to collect them all if possible.
I haven't seen your Sagittarius but I am going to go out of a limb and say he is the Myth Cloth EX classic design from the original anime/manga.
The ones I have and your Leo and Cancer belong to a new anime from last year called "Soul of Gold" focused on the Gold Saints, in this new anime their cloths have evolved to maximum level and turned Into God Cloths, basically their armors are on steroids. More wings, more robust, more everything. So yeah the Sagittarius that's coming up is the God Cloth version from this new series. The show is on crunchyroll if you want to give it try, it's only 13 episodes.

Ah, I figured so. I think my Sagitarius are these two:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/71575
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/71539

With so many variations, I'm not sure if I should get the new one but if it's die-cast....I may be tempted.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
F4F statues are so amazingly detailed and awesome! I often wonder why they call themselves First 4 Figures when they only make statues. If they made figures with that level of detail...man!

LiK

F4F has been stepping it up in the past year or so. They were making some really shitty statues for a while. Their Artorias statue is still the most impressive piece coming soon.

I agree, I wish they made statues half the size for half the price. They take up too much damn space.

NEO0MJ

Next up, it's bleedin' Captain Britain.

Poor man's Captain America ;p

Nice pics as always.

If I were rich I'd buy that as a gift for a friend.

F4F has been stepping it up in the past year or so. They were making some really shitty statues for a while. Their Artorias statue is still the most impressive piece coming soon.

I agree, I wish they made statues half the size for half the price. They take up too much damn space.

I still have no idea where I'm putting Artorias yet. He's probably going to the attic XD

They're even making a Beat from Jet Set Radio!

Couple that with the upcoming figma Ulala and you've got a Dreamcast figure renaissance!

anSp31f.png

I'm glad Jet Set Radio is getting some love, but I just don't like the way this figure looks. I already got that Beat statue that got released a while ago, so I'm happy as I don't usually like to get more than one figure of the same character anyways.

Can't wait for that Ulala though.

So i've bought statues/figures off and on for like 3 years now and I have a few that I don't really like anymore. (not many, i'd say I have about 30-40 figs and maybe 4 or 5 I could do without)

Do you guys just sell the stuff on ebay? What's a good way to list? They've all been taken out of the box but then put into a display case (original box still intact)

Most of them are bishoujo figures and DC collectibles

SuperSah

Banned
A 3-day listing for this Figma is entering its last 24hrs.

I'm the only bidder - I'm really hoping nobody swoops in at the last fucking minute. ):

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hot Toys BvS Batman Ordered. He will be my first Hot Toy.

Awwww yeah Zulith! Grats!
I mean you told us in LINE already but it's time to celebrate!

Fake edit: Top of the page so I'm gonna move my discussion topic here!

If you could splurge and buy something you've always wanted, no matter how crazy expensive it was, what would it be? For me, it's the Medicom Real Action Heroes Rocketeer Version 2.0.

I'm an absolute sucker for anything Rocketeer, and as decent as the Legacy Rocketeer is for the price, I've always salivated over owning one of the RAH Rocketeers. Strangely the 1.0 release was super barebones with no accessories. The superior 2.0 version utilizes the newer RAH 301 body, adding weathering to the helmet and jacket, along with two extra hands and his trademark Mauser C96. They even added the signature chewing gum to the rocket pack, something strangely missing from the first release. There's a 2.5 version, but it strangely makes the helmet super orange and weird looking.

Maybe it's not the most expensive thing imaginable (RAH figures are pretty high up though), but he's pretty OOP and expensive.

Just writing this post has made me want him more and more uh oh what I have I done I might pull the trigger help

I'll also chime in on the Hot Toys Batman boat. Despite the quality of the movie, I just can't stop looking at pictures of this figure! It will technically be my second Hot Toys purchase as I also own the Dark Knight Joker, but now I've got my eye on Deadpool and Harley Quinn...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'll also chime in on the Hot Toys Batman boat. Despite the quality of the movie, I just can't stop looking at pictures of this figure! It will technically be my second Hot Toys purchase as I also own the Dark Knight Joker, but now I've got my eye on Deadpool and Harley Quinn...

I understand. The entire DCCU is a dumpster fire, but I'm eyeing that Figuarts Harley hard. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday.

Top Bottom